PDA

View Full Version : PRS Amplifier Options.

John Price
07-06-2012, 12:50 PM
Is there a list of available options for PRS amplifiers? I'm seeing some great looking amps lately and was wondering what's available for Tolex/Vinyl coverings, Grille Coverings, Speakers...etc....
JP

MA Pete
08-28-2012, 12:29 PM
That would be great if the PRS CAD team would post something like that on the website!

Also it would be great if they would post a gallery of cool stuff they have done, and what the tolex and wood colors are.

I think it is awesome to be able to custom order the amps in whatever covering and wood panels! Here is my latest creation, a custom MDT based on Paul's amp with a 4x10 cab:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-gaAnkJ9WPkI/UDvDjxClRrI/AAAAAAAACVk/WgZQqgRWSmo/s1024/Amp%2520Harem%2520Pic%25203.jpg

It's funny, I had started my amp collection with some PRS amps, the Sewell, 2-Channel C and the HXDA, still have the Sewell, but I had started to branch out and check out some other brands of Amps, and PRS has reeled me back in with this custom ordering option, I am back to all PRS amps again, sold my JVM410 and Axe FX II, bought a Blistertone, 2 Channel H and MDT, all with a custom covering and Maple configuration.

Well done, Doug and Paul! ;)

Anyway, back to the original notion of the thread, I agree PRS could increase sales of custom ordered amps if they came up with (1) a list of options and (2) a gallery of past creations!

Jester
08-28-2012, 09:13 PM
The next best thing may be a thread of pix

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d84/jamesdavidjones/James/P1060124.jpg

MA Pete
08-28-2012, 09:41 PM
The next best thing may be a thread of pix

Great idea! I just started a thread, and of course gave you credit for the idea! ;)

Nice 2 Channel C. I had one, sold it, might be getting another here soon. :D

John Price
08-28-2012, 09:45 PM
Very nice guy's.....

Shawn@PRS
08-29-2012, 09:19 AM
I
Anyway, back to the original notion of the thread, I agree PRS could increase sales of custom ordered amps if they came up with (1) a list of options and (2) a gallery of past creations!

Hey Pete,

We are actually working on a checklist for CAD amps, hopefully it will be completed in time for Experience. If anyone is interested in a CAD amp, please see your dealer and Mike Clark and Doug Sewell can help you hammer out the details.

MA Pete
08-29-2012, 09:27 AM
Hey Pete,

We are actually working on a checklist for CAD amps, hopefully it will be completed in time for Experience. If anyone is interested in a CAD amp, please see your dealer and Mike Clark and Doug Sewell can help you hammer out the details.

Thanks, Shawn!

I can't say enough about how much I am loving the PRS CAD program right now. I have an Original Sewell, a Blistertone, a 2 Channel H and my new MDT, and 3 of 4 of those were custom ordered with what I wanted for covering and Maple. And I think I am going to order another 2 Channel C as well (had one of the "First 50", sold it, but want another one).

More importantly, they all sound AWESOME! I sold my JVM410 and my Axe FX II because they were basically sitting there collecting dust.

Keep up the great work!

-Pete

P.S. Unfortunately I cannot make the Experience this year, I have a gig in Canada that week. Have fun! I will stop by and see you next time I visit the Wood Library, which hopefully is soon... ;)

Shawn@PRS
08-29-2012, 09:55 AM
Hey Pete,

I'm sorry we won't see you at the Experience, but have a great show in Canada!

ps, I think you may want to change your signature to read "Ted & CAD Club President".

MA Pete
08-29-2012, 10:18 AM
I think you may want to change your signature to read "Ted & CAD Club President".

Ha! No doubt! Maybe after I get my custom 2 Channel C, bringing me to a count 5 CAD Amps, I can make that claim. ;)