PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use the String Strecha?

CoreyT
07-14-2012, 08:17 AM
Saw this in a guitar magazine I believe, and I ordered one and it showed up the other day.
http://www.stringstretcha.com/index/index.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVf-kq8QchU

My SE Santana I picked up last Saturday would not stay in tune (my SG did this also until a tech stretched them) and I did two passes like in the video above, now the Santana stays in tune.

Danerada
07-14-2012, 08:37 AM
I am so pissed I didn't think of this! LOL

I'm probably going to get one...I'm willing to try a $15 tool that will make my tuning more stable and assist me in string changing.....or I will make one....

CoreyT
07-14-2012, 08:54 AM
I neglected to hold my finger at the nut like he says to in the video, and off popped one of the strings.
I had watched the video when I ordered it, but forgot about the part to hold the string at the nut.
It is a handy little tool.

I looked on Amazon and did not see it there or a few other sites, looks like you have to order it directly from the site.

swede71
07-14-2012, 09:41 AM
Hmmmm :)

Mikegarveyblues
07-14-2012, 10:29 AM
Yep... Stretching the strings is a must do. I think there's a possibilty you could overdo it though and distort the string wrap.

I had a Planet Waves string winder for years before I realised it had a string winder built into the handle. Kind of works, but I went back to using my hands in the end.

OsirisProtocol
07-14-2012, 11:23 PM
I'll stick to hand stretching my strings. I've got no problem doing it myself and I've never ever had an issue or complaint doing so on my guitars or a customer's.

vchizzle
07-15-2012, 08:25 AM
I'll stick to hand stretching my strings. I've got no problem doing it myself and I've never ever had an issue or complaint doing so on my guitars or a customer's.Have to admit I'm curious about this, but pretty skeptical. It would save considerable time stretching strings.

CoreyT
07-15-2012, 09:07 AM
It is as easy as the video shows.

LSchefman
07-15-2012, 11:56 AM
A simple and great idea!

Serious Poo
07-15-2012, 12:21 PM
Personally, I don't see the need for a gadget to do what I already do by hand. YMMV.