PDA

View Full Version : Looking into New Overdrive Pedal but need help

south89
07-24-2012, 01:32 PM
I am hung up right now between the ZVEX Box of Rock and the T-Rex Gristle King and I am having a hard time making up my mind. What is everybody else got in their arsenal. Looking for opinions.

prsrocker1988
07-24-2012, 01:53 PM
I have the BOR and it's a good pedal. I have about 50 different drive pedals that I shuffle through every week on my board... I'm insatiable and what I do as a guitarist is nailing tones from records so I use a good lot of them during every show through a clean Fender type amp.

The BOR reminds me of a cranked Tweed Bassman or JTM45... Kind of a spongey sound to my ears. I use it sometimes. It depends what flavor of OD you want.

Poffypoffa
07-24-2012, 07:43 PM
I love my OCD, it's the only pedal I will never get rid of.

viking22
07-24-2012, 08:31 PM
What are you looking for ?What kind of music do you play ? What amp ?Do you use a clean sound or early break-up or high gain sound ?There are soooo many great OD's out there now...;-)

Proxmax
07-24-2012, 10:06 PM
it always depends on your amp.
my diezel herbert didn't like the OCD v3
the diezel hagen loves it.
best you find out.
BOR is great, also check the xotic bb+.
etc....

crgtr
07-25-2012, 06:24 AM
Lovepedal Gold Kalamazoo & Wampler Paisley Drive.... I also have a modded Tube Screamer & a Fulldrive II Mosfet, but only use them with my Fender Twin. All great OD's.

slev
07-25-2012, 09:27 AM
Anyone tried out one of these yet? They sound pretty fantastic in this demo.

Bogner OD pedals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUQM1waMeKQ

south89
07-25-2012, 11:01 AM
Well I can see this gonna be like me trying to decide my favorite PRS. All the suggestions sound great .

slev- I agree now I'm curious about these bogner pedals especially the red and uberschall

slev
07-25-2012, 11:26 AM
Agreed, the red is very tempting. Haven't seen one in person but I'd be surprised if Bogner would put his name and the ecstasy reputation on something that wasn't pretty good. I think I saw them somewhere with a street price of about $250 so not completely ridiculous for a quality OD pedal. I also saw that Wampler renamed their ecstasy OD pedal to the euphoria. Not sure if its a coincidence or Bogner's influence.