PDA

View Full Version : "Rich Man Falling" by Simon McBride

Em7
08-30-2012, 08:23 PM
I downloaded Rich Man Falling from the iTunes Store last night after discovering that Simon McBride was playing at the Signature Club event. I had never heard of Simon McBride until last night. Man, there are some smoking tunes on this album. My favorite tunes on the album thus far are: "Down to the River," "So Much Love to Give," "Rich Man Falling," "DC," and "Power of Soul."

NugeneMan
08-31-2012, 04:59 AM
Yep, he's a truly talented player/singer/songwriter. Go to his web site http://www.simonmcbride.net and help yourself to a free download of his acoustic version of Rich Man Falling (neat video as well). You can also hear clips of his upcoming new album 'Crossing The Line'.

mad monk
09-12-2012, 11:16 AM
And he's a really nice person, too. When he was at Experience 2 years ago, he took the time to talk to my son about playing, and signed a copy of his CD for me. There's a video of his performance of DOWN TO THE RIVER from that Exp. on youtube

Em7
09-12-2012, 12:02 PM
And he's a really nice person, too. When he was at Experience 2 years ago, he took the time to talk to my son about playing, and signed a copy of his CD for me. There's a video of his performance of DOWN TO THE RIVER from that Exp. on youtube

I do not recall seeing Simon at Experience 2010.

mad monk
09-21-2012, 01:18 PM
Sorry, 2009. My how time does fly.

Mikegarveyblues
09-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Have to be honest and say Simon had passed me by up until now.

This months Guitarist mag (UK Guitar mag) has a feature on Simon as well of some shots of PRSh's home studio (And impressive mic collection) which Simon recorded at.

Good little interview and definately worth picking up[ the mag for!

He mentioned being inspired by Gary Moore during the interview so, being a huge Moore fan, I checked out some of Simon's work. Very impressed, a great player for sure and genuinely does seem like a great guy!

Zebedee123
09-26-2012, 04:27 PM
http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv60/Zebedee123/A3SimonMcBrideposter.jpg

Mikegarveyblues
09-26-2012, 04:57 PM
Voodoo Rooms... Edinburgh.

Bit far but anyone from that neck of the woods who likes a bit of tasty blues rock should head over. Impressed with what i've heard from the guy so far!