PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite go to PRS amp when you play gigs and why?

el chuco
08-31-2012, 12:12 AM
Mine is the PRS "30" combo. It's light & easy to transport, quick to dial in and the tones I get are sweet whether I use single coils, P-90s or HB loaded guitars. It's just the perfect plug-n-play amp and I can cover basically any genre of music excluding metal. And the truth also is, that it's the only PRS amp I own so far, but, I sure do love it! I don't even know if I really need another PRS amp cause this one does it for me in spades!!!!!

aduayer
08-31-2012, 06:53 AM
I have to say that my Mesa Boogie TA15 is the holly grail if I'll do a rock/grunge kind of set. But if I need a beefier sound, then the 2 channel "H" is the way to go. I have a 1x12" Mesa Cabinet and a PRS 2x12" and I choose between them depending on the place I am going to jam (some times they have speaker cabinets there, so it's even better) and how lazy I am. Yes, sometimes I am too tired to carry a big head and a 2x12" Big Mouth.

Em7
08-31-2012, 11:45 AM
I own a 2-Channel "H" head, but the "30" is my favorite PRS combo.

LSchefman
08-31-2012, 12:59 PM
If recording sessions count as gigs, what I currently have - and love - is an HX/DA. I've been using it with a Mesa Recto 2 x 12. I've been using it on everything from clean to high gain tones.

It sounds fantastic.

Edit: "And why?" Because it can do most everything well. For the highest gain, heavy stuff, I like it with a fuzz.

John Price
08-31-2012, 07:38 PM
I'm not fortunate to have many so my one and only 2 channel C does the job for me.....

zebraprs
08-31-2012, 08:47 PM
2 Channel "C" is everything i could ask for.. Small light weight and has a huge tone...

CE-man
08-31-2012, 09:10 PM
Will I get a demerit if I say I don't use my H combo to play gigs?

LSchefman
08-31-2012, 09:47 PM
Will I get a demerit if I say I don't use my H combo to play gigs?

Hey, you gotta go with what works best at gigs! Whatever that may be.

Soul&Tone
08-31-2012, 11:07 PM
I am torn between the 25th anniversary rev B and the MDT. Really depends on the venue, but lately it has been the Rev B.

CE-man
09-02-2012, 01:34 AM
Hey, you gotta go with what works best at gigs! Whatever that may be.

My H stays at home exclusively, I've been gigging with an Orange RV50 lately and really enjoying the way it sounds through the P.A.. The H still fulfills a role at home and in practice.

el chuco
09-04-2012, 12:55 AM
If recording sessions count as gigs, what I currently have - and love - is an HX/DA. I've been using it with a Mesa Recto 2 x 12. I've been using it on everything from clean to high gain tones.

It sounds fantastic.

Edit: "And why?" Because it can do most everything well. For the highest gain, heavy stuff, I like it with a fuzz.

I've been thinking of using a 212 cab with my PRS "30" combo, but then, it will not be light and as easy to transport. Grab-n-Go is one of my favorite things about the "30".

cosmic_ape
09-04-2012, 02:17 PM
I've been thinking of getting a 2 Channel H for gigging. Hopefully that will happen early next year.

LSchefman
09-04-2012, 08:45 PM
I've been thinking of using a 212 cab with my PRS "30" combo, but then, it will not be light and as easy to transport. Grab-n-Go is one of my favorite things about the "30".

It's great to have an amp that's easy to transport!

My gigs are nearly all in my studio, where I usually have the cab set up in front of a mic for recording, and the head near my workstation. So transportability is less of an issue.