PDA

View Full Version : Yeah THAT James Earl Jones...

LSchefman
09-05-2012, 05:49 PM
So how's this for a fun project:

Today I'm finishing up an orchestral score for a short documentary that James Earl Jones is narrating. Gotta say, having that amazing voice come through my studio monitors is just so cool!

;)

Rango
09-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Wow - that is cool :D

James Earl Jones has such an amazing voice! ;)

LSchefman
09-05-2012, 09:53 PM
It is fun putting up the picture and VO I'm working with, expecting to hear the scratch track the producer made, and suddenly, it's the voice you know so well from so many things. Just cool as hell.

Angela Lansbury, John Lithgow, Elizabeth Ashley, Eli Wallach, and Tyne Daly are interviewed in it. Just a treat and a half to be involved with.

sergiodeblanc
09-05-2012, 11:30 PM
Make a copy of his acapella track and edit together a new voicemail message.

LSchefman
09-05-2012, 11:40 PM
Make a copy of his acapella track and edit together a new voicemail message.

Not with a track entrusted to me by a client. ;)

sergiodeblanc
09-06-2012, 01:39 AM
Understood.

Albrecht Smuten
09-06-2012, 02:51 AM

Allright, Mr. Ethics, hand it over, I can do it instead of you =D

Boogie
09-06-2012, 05:54 AM
Were you involved with this other amazing work by Mr. Jones? ;) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYzr5IbbtZI)

That is indeed a cool project. :cool:

Goldtop
09-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Congrats to you. It must be great to be involved is such a project. Very cool.

Goldtop

LSchefman
09-07-2012, 11:49 AM
Thanks, guys! It's good to work, and even more gooder to work on a fun project! ;)

docbennett
09-07-2012, 12:39 PM
Is this a Darth Vader commercial??? :p

Sound of deep, heavy breathing.....

"I am your father Les" :eek:

LSchefman
09-07-2012, 03:38 PM
Is this a Darth Vader commercial??? :p

Sound of deep, heavy breathing.....

"I am your father Les" :eek:

It's not a commercial, actually. It's more of a documentary to give visitors an historical reference to a theater restoration project. I'm not sure what its other uses will be yet.

He did use the Darth Vader voice. Which, you know, is his regular voice. Kept calling me Luke.

Hey, shouldn't you be busy scrubbing that awful pink Pepto-Bismol stain off that otherwise nice '91 you just bought? ;)

docbennett
09-07-2012, 05:29 PM
It's not a commercial, actually. It's more of a documentary to give visitors an historical reference to a theater restoration project. I'm not sure what its other uses will be yet.

He did use the Darth Vader voice. Which, you know, is his regular voice. Kept calling me Luke.

Hey, shouldn't you be busy scrubbing that awful pink Pepto-Bismol stain off that otherwise nice '91 you just bought? ;)

Absolutely...it was in mint NOS condition, so that pepto bismol color was very upsetting...I personally got some serious sandpaper and scraped off the entire finish and relic'ed it myself. "Cause we all know how much cooler a relic'ed guitar is.

BTW.....I have a nice bridge that connects Tillary Street in Brooklyn with Park Row in Manhattan. Really cheap....PM me for a good price and I can have you as the owner by Sunday. And, I'll throw in the guitar. :p

LSchefman
09-07-2012, 05:56 PM
Absolutely...it was in mint NOS condition, so that pepto bismol color was very upsetting...I personally got some serious sandpaper and scraped off the entire finish and relic'ed it myself. "Cause we all know how much cooler a relic'ed guitar is.

BTW.....I have a nice bridge that connects Tillary Street in Brooklyn with Park Row in Manhattan. Really cheap....PM me for a good price and I can have you as the owner by Sunday. And, I'll throw in the guitar. :p

Nah, I wouldn't let that guitar into my house, being all sunburned looking and with a pink butt. So the deal's off.

MrKnaggs
09-07-2012, 08:41 PM
Congratulations on the scoring project Les. Very cool.

wilerty
09-07-2012, 10:31 PM
Cool Les ...

LSchefman
09-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Thanks, guys! It's great to be able to share this kind of stuff with my musician pals.