PDA

View Full Version : Video demo/playthrough of my P22 with RW-neck (also head-to-head with a Taylor)

Richard Lainegard
09-28-2012, 07:43 AM
Hey guys,
decide to record a playthrough demo of my P22 (with RW neck),
and also to put the Piezo head-to-head with Taylor.
All acoustic tones are straight to Logic, whilst all electric tones are through
a Kemper profiling amp using profiles from TheAmpfactory.

http://youtu.be/aiPWx6NvZfE?hd=1

crgtr
09-28-2012, 07:52 AM
Very nice demo. Those P22 & 24 are great guitars. Well the Taylor is great also. It sounds better to my ears, but the PRS does a very good job covering both electric & acoustic tones. Perfect gigging guitar.

Richard Lainegard
09-28-2012, 08:28 AM
Thx mate =)
Yeah, the Taylor also have the body mics, so it's a harsh comparison for the P22 for sure.
I've tried it through a AER amp live once, and that made a huge difference in the "realism" of the tone.
I think this is true for all Piezo-setups in general.

And, furthermore, I've A/B'd the P22 live with both a high-end Takamine (with on-board tube pre and mic)
and a Taylor. The P22 sounded better than both with the band, which is what it's all about imo
(I don't really see a singer/songwriter/troubadour giging solo with the P22 anyways)

crgtr
09-28-2012, 08:46 AM
Thx mate =)
Yeah, the Taylor also have the body mics, so it's a harsh comparison for the P22 for sure.
I've tried it through a AER amp live once, and that made a huge difference in the "realism" of the tone.

And, furthermore, I've A/B'd the P22 live with both a high-end Takamine (with on-board tube pre and mic)
and a Taylor. The P22 sounded better than both with the band, which is what it's all about imo
(I don't really see a singer/songwriter/troubadour giging solo with the P22 anyways)
I agree!

james
09-28-2012, 09:20 AM
great demo, Richard! thanks

jrw32
09-28-2012, 10:21 AM
Thx mate =)

Agree with you there. And great demo, awesome playing!

LSchefman
09-28-2012, 11:19 AM
I really enjoyed that demo, Richard! The playing is terrific and you really captured some nice tones. The video also looks great and is well edited.

Nicely done!

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T !
09-28-2012, 12:12 PM
Nice video and tasteful playing. Your P22 is really beautiful.

I've never heard of the adjustable PRS bridge referred to as a "tune-o-matic" before but I think your point is still well made.

Nicely done.

Richard Lainegard
09-28-2012, 04:59 PM
-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ;23994']Nice video and tasteful playing. Your P22 is really beautiful.

I've never heard of the adjustable PRS bridge referred to as a "tune-o-matic" before but I think your point is still well made.

Nicely done.

Thx for the feedback guys!
And yeah mate (sorry, i can't for the life of me spell you username :wink:)
maybe just saying "adjustable "tone-pros"-style bridge" or something to that affect would have been a better choice :(

Shawn@PRS
09-28-2012, 07:25 PM
well done Richard!

justmund
09-28-2012, 07:42 PM
Top job on the demo mate! Fantastic chops and feel!

bownero
09-28-2012, 08:12 PM
awesome video!! sounded great Richard!! hoping someday to get my PRS!!

Hopeful Sinner
09-29-2012, 11:43 AM
Another great video! Good job Richard!! Your Mc58 video is my favorite clip of that guitar I've seen!!! This is a very nice demo of the P22 as well...

ExpatGirl
09-30-2012, 01:37 AM
Thank you, Richard. That's a great demo and it answered some questions I have about the P22. I'm thinking of getting one even more now. :)

Scriptor
10-01-2012, 12:42 PM
Richard,

Very nice demo. Thanks! ... (and good playing too) ... I won't be parting with my Taylor, but I sure am more interested than ever in the P22 ...