PDA

View Full Version : SE Tremonti Custom!

MojoPin
10-03-2012, 09:00 AM
Wow, anyone else seen this yet?

http://www.musicradar.com/totalguitar/prs-unveils-se-tremonti-custom-564553

Looks like it's in the shops pretty much straight away, too. Surprised it's UK only, nice we get something cool for a change! I've an original Tremonti that I love more than anything, but I have to admit I'm very tempted indeed. Looking forward to seeing how the review pans out, but I'm pretty sure it's going to kick ass either way :biggrin:

CoreyT
10-03-2012, 09:05 AM
That is nice!
I have two SE guitars now, and I would be tempted to buy this if they offered it in the US.
In fact if they did, I would place an order with my local PRS dealer today.

aduayer
10-03-2012, 10:26 AM
nice, really nice.

andy474x
10-03-2012, 10:39 AM
Always wondered why the Tremonti SE didn't have a trem. It would be sweet if it had a thicker 245 style body too, maybe they already do though I'm not sure... anyways very cool!

MojoPin
10-03-2012, 10:40 AM
Always wondered why the Tremonti SE didn't have a trem. It would be sweet if it had a thicker 245 style body too, maybe they already do though I'm not sure... anyways very cool!

According to the press release that's exactly what it's got!

Artist
10-03-2012, 12:09 PM
I want that so bad!

Fox77
10-03-2012, 12:29 PM
Looking very good!

I'll take one of those, along with a 7-string SE please. :D

sergiodeblanc
10-03-2012, 12:52 PM
First it was the Japanese Bonni Pink SE Custom 24 and now this! Why does PRS hate Americans?

andy474x
10-03-2012, 01:07 PM
First it was the Japanese Bonni Pink SE Custom 24 and now this! Why does PRS hate Americans?

I was wondering the same thing... there were also runs of quilt top SE 245's and Santana's with custom colors in the last couple years that were only available in the UK, can anyone shed some light on why these special run guitars aren't available in the US?

Glad to hear the Tremonti SE has the thick body now though, hopefully they make this the stock model soon.

Shawn@PRS
10-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Basically, a distributor from any given country or region will contact us and ask for a special color or option because they feel it would sell well in their territory. These special features may or may not have broad appeal in other parts of the world, so they are typically limited to the guitars ordered by that specific distributor. If it turns out that these special features do have broad universal appeal, those features may appear on future production models.

WEDGE
10-03-2012, 01:39 PM
It looks like they also get to do without the SE logo.....dig the PRS truss rod cover and Tremonti on the headstock.

andy474x
10-03-2012, 04:03 PM
Basically, a distributor from any given country or region will contact us and ask for a special color or option because they feel it would sell well in their territory. These special features may or may not have broad appeal in other parts of the world, so they are typically limited to the guitars ordered by that specific distributor. If it turns out that these special features do have broad universal appeal, those features may appear on future production models.

I see... Thanks for the explanation Shawn, I've wondered for a long time about that. My last 2 PRS purchases have been quilt tops... Just sayin :)

CoreyT
10-03-2012, 05:06 PM
If by chance they doa run on these for the US, I will get one.
Or...I really love my sons 2012 SE Semi-Hollow too, but I think a nice improvement for 2013 would be a carved top like my SE Santana and SE Custom 24 have.
Other than that, his Semi-Hollow is killer looking in the natural color.

Jhenri
10-03-2012, 07:28 PM
I think it would do well over here, especially if it hit the market right after christmas.

solacematt
10-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Looks killer in grey black with birds, carved top and trem. I wonder how much it would cost to have it shipped to the US

CoreyT
10-04-2012, 03:00 PM
OK, looks like we get it too :D
I just spoke with my dealer a bit ago to inquire if it might be possible to get one of these UK versions, and he said he would call up PRS.
I got a call back from him a few minutes ago.

No need to try and get the UK version, there is a one coming for us here in the US, in fact it seems there are around 14 of them at the US PRS warehouse now, but they will not last long.
I believe he can get one for me, but I want to look at the specs and pics that were just sent over to him first.

It is black/gray, tremolo, 245 pickups, and the thicker body like the UK one.
I am going to stop by tomorrow between job sites when he opens and have a look at the pics and specs.

This could be a 2013 model?

PS, I have bought three of these PRS cases so far, I take it this style will not fit a Les Paul/Tremonti style?
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PRSCase/

justmund
10-04-2012, 07:12 PM
PS, I have bought three of these PRS cases so far, I take it this style will not fit a Les Paul/Tremonti style?

Nope, not quite. I've got a "spare" case I use to transport my gig guitars around in (so only one gets beat up), tried putting my Stripper in there and it doesn't quite fit right. You can jam it in there or try and re-shape the foam I guess but it's not a perfect fit.

solacematt
10-04-2012, 10:39 PM
OK, looks like we get it too :D
I just spoke with my dealer a bit ago to inquire if it might be possible to get one of these UK versions, and he said he would call up PRS.
I got a call back from him a few minutes ago.

No need to try and get the UK version, there is a one coming for us here in the US, in fact it seems there are around 14 of them at the US PRS warehouse now, but they will not last long.
I believe he can get one for me, but I want to look at the specs and pics that were just sent over to him first.

It is black/gray, tremolo, 245 pickups, and the thicker body like the UK one.
I am going to stop by tomorrow between job sites when he opens and have a look at the pics and specs.

This could be a 2013 model?

Nice, I'm going to call my local PRS dealer and ask if they can get one for me as well :)

CoreyT
10-05-2012, 05:43 AM
I just printed out the page for the SE one here.
http://prsguitars.com/semarktremonti/

Not sure if my dealer has the one above in stock, if not, I can compare the specs from the printout to the one that was sent to him yesterday.
I am pretty sure he said it had the wide/thin neck like my 2012 SE Custom 24 has.
I prefer that over the wide/fat neck like the one above has and my SE Santana has.

I am hoping he can get me a serial number too to see if it starts with M for 2012, or N for 2013.

solacematt
10-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Comes in Purple Burst too
http://www.toneworld.co.uk/electric-guitars-c36/new-electric-guitars-c37/prs-se-mark-tremonti-signature-limited-edition-in-purple-burst-p1000

CoreyT
10-05-2012, 12:42 PM
OK, I just bought one :D
It is not the UK one, but close, but it is so new it is not up on the PRS products page yet.

It is called a SE Tremonti Custom which means it has a thicker carved body, 245 pickups, tremolo, and wide/thin neck unlike the current SE Tremonti which has the standard SE treble/bass pickups (same as my Santana and Custom 24), and a wide/fat neck.

Comes in black/gray only, and I should have it within two weeks.
It will get the same treatment as all of my other guitars such as Ernie Ball Cobalts in 9-42, Schaller Strap Locks, and Planet Waves Autotrim tuners.
I have a set of black Schaller Strap Lock pins in black at home, so I will use them on it.
My straps though have the nickle colored locks on them.

I saw some pics of it at the store from his email, it looks nice.

I have an empty spot on my wall since my son has his SE Semi-Hollow at his home, so this will takes its place on my wall ;)

Oh, my dealer is looking into a hard case for it too, perhaps a PRS one if it fits, or one he has in stock.

CoreyT
10-05-2012, 06:14 PM
PS, what does trem up routing mean like the USA version has?
It is mentioned here.

Here is another link to the same guitar, but it is called a Tremonti Signature.
http://www.toneworld.co.uk/electric-guitars-c36/new-electric-guitars-c37/prs-se-mark-tremonti-signature-limited-edition-in-grey-black-p998

Artist
10-05-2012, 09:50 PM
Wow Every year the SE line impresses me more and more. I was about to dop in some Tremonti pickups to my Singlecut SE, but looks like I will be waiting a little to see if more these show up around here. PRS really took these to the next level!

Joshmc5150
10-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Wow this would be a huge hit with PRS and some of the crowd who can't afford the big daddy version. I'll purchase one myself as soon as it is available in the US.

CoreyT
10-06-2012, 07:25 PM
It is available in the US, see post 21.

CoreyT
10-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Good video of Mark's newest USA version Tremonti Signature in action.
Hope this inspires some to check out the new SE model.

I have heard him on Sirius satellite radio a bit on the Octane Channel, I ended up buying his newest MP3 album today off of Amazon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVfbosghkTg

Mikegarveyblues
10-07-2012, 12:57 PM
I'm going to have to get down to Toneworld or Sound Affects and try one out!

Just spotted this vid by Paul Glover... Guitar looks and sounds amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhSPprHiFdc

CoreyT
10-07-2012, 01:42 PM
Thanks, I have it cued up to watch on my Blu-Ray player that has YouTube on it, and watch this bad boy on my HD TV.
I love that new player, just picked it up a few weeks back.
Sure beats watching them on the PC.

CoreyT
10-08-2012, 12:29 PM
It has been confirmed, the standard PRS Vintage case like I have for my SE Custom 24, SE Santana, and my son's SE Custom Semi-Hollow will fit the SE Tremonti.
I called up Sweetwater and my sales guy there confirmed it, and also my dealer who ordered the new Tremonti for me said it would fit, and he has one coming for me.
I already placed an order online yesternight for one, oh well, I will hold onto it for a future PRS SE guitar :D
Once can never have enough PRS's.

http://www.pnw4runners.com/guitar_stuff/22.jpg

abw1987
10-08-2012, 12:47 PM
I just created an account to say that I would order one of these guitars TODAY if it was available in the States. PRS, please take note that there is demand for these models in the USA!

abw1987
10-08-2012, 12:49 PM
PS, what does trem up routing mean like the USA version has?
It is mentioned here.

Here is another link to the same guitar, but it is called a Tremonti Signature.
http://www.toneworld.co.uk/electric-guitars-c36/new-electric-guitars-c37/prs-se-mark-tremonti-signature-limited-edition-in-grey-black-p998

It means you can pull up on the whammy bar to raise the pitch. Many tremolo bridges only allow you to dive down on the bar to lower the pitch.

Does anyone know how deep the up-routing is? From the review video posted above, it sounds like a full step, but I can't be sure.

nocluejimbo
10-08-2012, 01:51 PM
I just created an account to say that I would order one of these guitars TODAY if it was available in the States. PRS, please take note that there is demand for these models in the USA!

I would like to second this!

abw1987
10-08-2012, 02:40 PM
I would like to second this!

Hahah yes!!!

Of course, I'm assuming that the SE Tremonti Custom would be sold for $700 in the US, given that it goes for 700 in the UK, and the Tremonti SE sells for the same price in both locales ($550/550).

CoreyT
10-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Just a hair higher, but not much.
At least at my dealer it was a tad over that.
I do not believe we can discuss what individual dealers charge.

lucasf89
10-08-2012, 03:51 PM
I was wondering when they would update the Tremonti SE, I'd get one if I didn't already have the USA version, AND I'm jonezin for one of those new SE 7 strings!http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151097737206312&set=pb.622831311.-2207520000.1349729479&type=1&theater

Artist
10-08-2012, 03:52 PM
That cherry red is calling my name... every hour...

CoreyT
10-08-2012, 05:06 PM
I would have liked to get the cherry one too, but my dealer said only the gray/black one was available.

CoreyT
10-09-2012, 07:16 PM
Mine shipped on Friday, but I do not expect it until early next week.
My Planet Waves Autotrim tuners showed up at the dealer today though.

From ordering three SEs in the past, it seems to take close to two weeks from Maryland to Washington state via UPS ground for some reason.

I will for sure have pics up in a NGD thread when I get it home.

Just got done hanging another Hercules wall mount for it.

CoreyT
10-10-2012, 06:16 PM
I was Googling the new guitar and this popped up.
http://www.marktremonti.net/newsitem.php?id=206

They are still saying it is only available in the UK.

So what do I have coming next week?

abw1987
10-10-2012, 08:56 PM
I was Googling the new guitar and this popped up.
http://www.marktremonti.net/newsitem.php?id=206

They are still saying it is only available in the UK.

So what do I have coming next week?
Hahaha, that's actually my website. The article was based off of what I had read elsewhere about the guitar, as well as my own knowledge of the history of PRS Tremonti models.

I emailed my nearby PRS dealer, who responded with the following:

I just spoke with Rick at PRS. He told me that initially, this Tremonti was released in the UK only. They are now preparing for US distribution. Which means, if you would like, I can place a special order for the guitar and in the next week or so PRS will start thier first shipment of the Tremonti SEs. As of now the only available finish is Grey Black... (Emphasis my own.)

So it looks like these guitars will be available in the US soon!!

I have updated the MarkTremonti.net article accordingly.

Artist
10-10-2012, 10:38 PM
Hahaha, that's actually my website. The article was based off of what I had read elsewhere about the guitar, as well as my own knowledge of the history of PRS Tremonti models.
(Emphasis my own.)
You never know who you will come across in these forums. Nice site man. Top google result when searching for mark!

Good news about the US version. Would be great if they added more color options.

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/882/bee/194/resized/waiting-game-meme-generator-and-now-the-waiting-game-07fc04.PNG?1343280655.jpg

CoreyT
10-11-2012, 03:39 AM

(Emphasis my own.)

Nice site!
I was on it during the weekend and was looking at the rig run down and other stuff related to Mark on there.

I had a feeling this guitar was going to be released here also very soon.
I was lucky my dealer was able to snag one of these, as I think he said only 14 of them were sitting there in Maryland.

abw1987
10-11-2012, 08:51 AM
You never know who you will come across in these forums. Nice site man. Top google result when searching for mark!
Lol, I kind of feel bad that Mark's site (MarkTremonti.com) doesn't even show up among the search results for "Mark Tremonti". I guess my site's been around for a lot longer. A couple weeks ago when Wolfgang Van Halen was announced as the new bassist for Tremonti's current tour, a bunch of press outlets started linking to my site as the official source for Tremonti tour dates. So at that point I put a notice up with a link to Mark's real site.

Nice site!
I was on it during the weekend and was looking at the rig run down and other stuff related to Mark on there.
Thanks man. The equipment section is a bit out of date, but Mark's rig changes so often that it's impractical for me to keep up. For instance, on his current solo tour he's basically only using two half stacks and a wah.

nocluejimbo
10-18-2012, 12:21 PM
Three Grey-Black models have surfaced at Sweetwater's Guitar Gallery. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SEMTMplTop

Trying to find a way to clear out some unused gear to make a move on one of these.

CoreyT
10-18-2012, 12:36 PM
Cool, they got them in.
I had talked to my sales guy who I order my PRS hardshell cases from if he had heard of this guitar yet, and he had not, that was last week.

My dealer has assured me mine is on the way, so not sure if it will be in this week or next.
Next week at the latest I hope.

PS, dang :D

Great Guitar! Great Deal! Love Sweetwater!
by Westerly Propst from Virginia
September 20, 2012
Music Background: Hobbyist
I already own a black DOT Tremonti SE that is probably 4+ years old. It's a great guitar. I've had this new Tremonti for about a total of 4 hours and it's a whole step above the old version. It just plays itself (cliche I know, but it's true)The pickups are pretty good for what they are. Like I did with my black Tremonti SE, I will replace with EMGs, install locking tuners, strap locks and a new nut. Other than that, this is now my main Axe.

Sweetwater was great to deal with. I LOVE the guitar gallery. Will be buying a Santana SE from Sweetwater ASAP.
I thought I was going to be the first to get one of these in the US, oh well...

SausageofPower
10-18-2012, 01:03 PM
Funny how fast it went from a "UK only" to being over here. I'm ordering mine as we speak. Can't wait to get my hands on this. It'll replace my current Tremonti SE, which I'll take back to stock and give to my dad as a present since he loves it.

nocluejimbo
10-18-2012, 01:11 PM
Funny how fast it went from a "UK only" to being over here. I'm ordering mine as we speak. Can't wait to get my hands on this. It'll replace my current Tremonti SE, which I'll take back to stock and give to my dad as a present since he loves it.

Looks like the UK still has exclusive finishes - only Grey-Black in the US... for now.

CoreyT
10-18-2012, 01:16 PM
Never had a black one before, kind of looking forward to the color.
Called my dealer, still about an hour to go before UPS makes its rounds there.

SausageofPower
10-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Order placed. Man, I can't wait to get my hands on this.

CoreyT
10-18-2012, 02:30 PM
You might get yours before me :D
I wish PRS shipped these by air to their dealers.

SausageofPower
10-18-2012, 02:52 PM
Ha, no worries dude. I might get mine first, but I'll also be doing all the work that your dealer is doing myself. So it's a tradeoff. I'll post plenty of pics no matter who gets theirs first. ;)

CoreyT
10-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Yeah, I have a pretty good dealer.
Two free $60 setups.

They set it up when it arrives, throw the Planet Waves Autotrim tuners on for me, and put on Ernie Ball Cobalts 9-42.
Then intonate it, adjust the pickup height if needed, ect.

Then down the road I can take it back for another free setup.
Something Guitar Center does not do.
I had this shop setup my SG for me too that I had bought last May at GC.

SausageofPower
10-18-2012, 03:09 PM
That's awesome. I do all my own work except for fret jobs (I'll probably throw stainless 6100's on this next year at some point), so I love getting it factory fresh and doing my own thing. It's rewarding for me to plug up and see my work come to fruition. Though it does drive my girlfriend crazy. ;)

_pete_
10-18-2012, 03:40 PM
If anyone buys one from Sweetwater, it may be a good idea to call first and verify the specs. The website lists it with the specs of the standard Tremonti SE.

I'll wait for the black cherry model.

SausageofPower
10-18-2012, 03:49 PM
If anyone buys one from Sweetwater, it may be a good idea to call first and verify the specs. The website lists it with the specs of the standard Tremonti SE.

I'll wait for the black cherry model.

Their specs are all sorts of wrong, not to mention there's two versions that contradict eachother. The blurb at the top is accurate though, "Solidbody Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body, Flame Maple Top, Maple Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard, 2 Humbucking Pickups, and a Gig Bag - Grey Black"

I didn't order from them, but they're great at answering questions. Seems they just copy-pasted the specs though. It happens. You might be waiting for awhile though, everything I've heard here and elsewhere is that we just get the one color.

_pete_
10-18-2012, 03:57 PM
You might be waiting for awhile though, everything I've heard here and elsewhere is that we just get the one color.

I don't mind waiting. I don't really need one of these anyway, I just kinda want one.

CoreyT
10-18-2012, 06:34 PM
I did not really need this one either, kind of an impulse buy :D
But it has been a long time since I have had an LP shaped gidfiddle.

No phone call today, maybe tomorrow UPS will show up at the shop.
If not, then next week.
I hate not being able to track this.
Everything else I buy I have access to tracking numbers so I know exactly where my stuff is.

Artist
10-18-2012, 09:07 PM
hmmm not liking something. All 3 of the sweetwater models look almost black, I barely see the gray there. May be a lightning thing. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SEMTMplTop/snM21062

Compare to those showing up on UK sites:
http://worldguitars.co.uk/se-tremonti-gey-black-ltd-edition/
http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/products/copy-prs_se_tremonti_custom_black_cherry.asp
http://www.guitars4you.co.uk/prs-se-tremonti-custom--trem--bird-inlays---grey-black+++921

The top from the one in the last link is insane for an SE! I would buy it that one in a heartbeat.

SausageofPower
10-18-2012, 09:46 PM
hmmm not liking something. All 3 of the sweetwater models look almost black, I barely see the gray there. May be a lightning thing. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SEMTMplTop/snM21062

Definitely a lighting thing. I looked on another computer and it looks perfect. I can't *wait* to get mine.

CoreyT
10-19-2012, 07:12 AM
Yeah, I just looked at Sweetwaters pics again, and it is a lighting thing.
You can see the grain black/gray thing going on, just dark pics.

Says they still have three of these in stock.

CoreyT
10-19-2012, 07:14 AM

They should change the specs too since they are all wrong.

CoreyT
10-19-2012, 07:16 AM

They should change the specs too since they are all wrong.

PS, I looked at that guy's review again, and it is from September 20, 2012.
I think he is talking about the regular Tremonti SE, not the new UK style.

Ooops, not sure how I got three posts here when editing.
If mod can delete the first two above...

SausageofPower
10-19-2012, 08:31 AM
I'm almost certain his review is the "birds inlay" revision of the Tremonti SE. But yeah, they're definitely grey/black. And beautiful. I can't wait!

(And yes, they badly need to revise the specs on Sweetwater. A lot of their guitar information is off. I wish PRS would put up their page.)

Blackbird
10-19-2012, 09:30 AM
Comes in Purple Burst too
http://www.toneworld.co.uk/electric-guitars-c36/new-electric-guitars-c37/prs-se-mark-tremonti-signature-limited-edition-in-purple-burst-p1000

Love the purple burst, wish they would offer that option for the U.S. market.

SausageofPower
10-19-2012, 09:46 AM
Just to give an example, if you're seen the Allender SE in person you know it's got a nice burst.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SEPAPB/

In these pics though, it's very dark. Again, it just appears to be Sweetwater's method of taking pics. I'm sure in person these will be a nice grey-black as advertised.

bretwomack
10-19-2012, 11:05 AM
Love the purple burst, wish they would offer that option for the U.S. market.

I loved it so much I put one on layaway in the UK! Can't wait

CoreyT
10-19-2012, 04:15 PM
I let my Sweetwater sales guy who I get my PRS hard shell cases from know about the wrong text up for this new guitar, and pointed him to one of the UK sites that has the correct specs.

No phone call from my local dealer, so no NGD thread this weekend :(

I am not sure why PRS does not give the dealers a UPS tracking number when they place an order for a client.
I have bought four PRS guitars now from my local dealer, and one was already on display, my sons SE Semi-Hollow.
But the ones for me he had to order PRS never sends him a tracking number.
Very disappointed in that, and most people who pre pay for a guitar kind of like being able to track where it is at so they will know when it lands at the store.
He claims they never send him a tracking number when they email him that it has shipped.

bretwomack
10-19-2012, 06:52 PM
Guys, this is the place I have my purple burst on layaway (WildWire Music). I'm sure some of you have heard of them. They've put these videos up and I thought I'd share.

Purple Burst:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2b1BZac6PY&feature=youtu.be

Black Cherry:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=v73JqqY3h0Q

alantig
10-20-2012, 09:30 AM
I like how they did the video - and I was standing next to the guy filming when Mark did his bit at the beginning.

If that purple burst was released here, I might cave on that...

3volved
10-22-2012, 09:28 AM
These look amazing. If I didn't already own a USA I'd be all over one of these.

SausageofPower
10-22-2012, 09:34 AM
Looks like Sweetwater sold their three. I'm hoping to have mine (from a different dealer) this week.

CoreyT
10-22-2012, 10:19 AM
If I do not hear from my dealer today that it is in, I will call when I get home and see if he can try to get a hold or PRS to find out where it is.

It was ordered on Friday the 5th.

CoreyT
10-23-2012, 05:38 AM
Dealer spoke with PRS sales yesterday morning, and she asked if it had shown up yet, and my dealer said no.
She thought it would have shown up by now.

The shipping department I guess some guy is out right now and is in New York, so it it hard to get any info right now where my new guitar is.

I think the ideal thing would be for PRS to include the shipping/tracking info when the guitars get sent out to their dealers, then this would save a big hassle of trying to find out where it is.

SausageofPower
10-23-2012, 08:34 AM
That's...very peculiar. Granted, I know you said you've dealt with this dealer but I've never seen a company send hundreds of dollars (thousands even) of product across the country with no tracking. Hell, I don't think you can since we're talking UPS or FedEx usually as the carrier. And I would think/hope PRS would have a centralized system for checking that info, not "some guy in New York." And that's nothing directed at you, you've just got me paranoid since I'm also waiting on mine. ;)

I hope your guitar arrives soon. I wanna see pics to tide me over until mine gets here!

CoreyT
10-23-2012, 09:04 AM
Yes, it is strange.
Third PRS guitar now I have ordered from him, and he always calls up sales there to get it shipped to his store once I put $$$ down on it.
He says they never include the tracking # with the confirmation when it ships.
His two carriers are UPS and FedEx.

I have even emailed PRS support before to get the tracking info, and was told shipping is a separate department, and they have no access to the info.
I guess I am use to the way we operate here at Boeing, we always know where our stuff is when we order it, or I order stuff for my self for personal use.

I could have had the guitar now if I had gone through Sweetwater.
Order on Monday, I would have it by Friday, and that is FedEx ground to WA. state.

But...Sweetwater does not really do mods, so I would have to take it to my local shop to get the Planet Waves tuners put on since it requires drilling/filling holes, ect, and I would not get the two free $60 setups my dealer includes when you buy a guitar from them.

If I hear nothing today, perhaps it got lost, or it is sitting in a UPS breakroom getting some playing time on it :D
I have heard stories ;)

SausageofPower
10-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Well, at least we both have our other guitars to keep us busy. Here's hoping it shows up any day now. I've got my locking tuners ready to go, Dunlop straploks, US Tremonti pickups and so on. Just need a Black Tusq XL nut and new pots/switch and I can knock this baby out. That's after I've taken a couple of days to appreciate it as-is of course. It's not nearly as sweet for me to mod a guitar if I can't do a before/after. ;)

SausageofPower
10-23-2012, 10:56 AM
BTW, I wonder: Why no word from PRS on this (the model itself, I mean)? We've got stores stocking it, orders being made, but no official spec sheet or anything from the company? Seems odd, especially with the SE Custom 24-7 and SE Lowery being up on the site but not available yet. Is this a stealthy release, the "new" Tremonti that'll replace the current one?

Either way, I can't wait. Still drooling over pics.

CoreyT
10-23-2012, 12:21 PM
I have very bad news, and I am pissed off.
PRS shipping sent it to the wrong A Sharp Music store.
Mine is in WA. state, they shipped my paid guitar to a store with the same name in Pennsylvania.
I am sure it arrived last week there, and it has been put out on display or sold already.

There are more at PRS, but they are still unpacked and not ready to ship, as they have to go through QC, setup, then shipped.

Looks like I start all over again and play the waiting game.
My dealer was not happy at all.

I may cancel and get my $$$ back, I am not sure yet.
This should not have happened.

rugerpc
10-23-2012, 12:34 PM
I may cancel and get my $$$ back, I am not sure yet.
This should not have happened.

Take a deep breath... No, this should not have happened, but there isn't anything you can do about that particular guitar... You obviously want this thing, so ask yourself - are you that mad or just that disappointed?

If you cancel your order, you only punish yourself - PRS and the dealer won't feel the sting of the loss of this sale nearly as much as you will by not having the guitar you wanted.

Chalk it up to a new life experience (another lesson in delayed gratification) and play the one you finally do get until your fingers bleed, the neighbors call the cops and the dog is deaf.

SausageofPower
10-23-2012, 12:43 PM
Take a deep breath... No, this should not have happened, but there isn't anything you can do about that particular guitar... You obviously want this thing, so ask yourself - are you that mad or just that disappointed?

If you cancel your order, you only punish yourself - PRS and the dealer won't feel the sting of the loss of this sale nearly as much as you will by not having the guitar you wanted.

If I understand him correctly, he means cancel with his current dealer and order from Sweetwater or someone with the guitar in stock who could ship it today, as opposed to waiting all over again for PRS to ship the guitar to the dealer.

Dude, that's horrible though. How in the hell could that happen? I hope you get the guitar soon, however you go about it.

CoreyT
10-23-2012, 12:45 PM
He he he...I just had some very bad noisy neighbors move too, I would love to have sent them off with a blast of heavy chord.

I am more disappointed than mad I guess.
He has ordered many guitars from PRS, just wondering how this could have happened.
I was really looking forward to playing it this weekend.

It will be another three weeks at least until I get it now, or longer.
Been waiting now since the 5th of this month.

SausageofPower
10-23-2012, 12:51 PM
I'm surprised PRS won't haul ass to rectify this since it was their mistake. I mean, shipping to your dealer expedited and the like. Especially since your dealer, I'm assuming, paid them their price and is sitting there with nothing to show for it. Does that mean this other dealer got the guitar for free?

CoreyT
10-23-2012, 02:06 PM
It works out to be about the same if I buy from Sweetwater and have my dealer install the turners, but I miss out on the two free setups.

I would rather keep the business local.
He wanted one shipped out today, but PRS will not do that until they set it up, but he does that anyways, but they cannot release it until they do it.

I think they at least could overnight FedEx it to him since they goofed up my order.
And I was excited about being one of the first in the US to get one, but not now :(

rugerpc
10-23-2012, 02:23 PM
I'm surprised PRS won't haul ass to rectify this since it was their mistake. I mean, shipping to your dealer expedited and the like. Especially since your dealer, I'm assuming, paid them their price and is sitting there with nothing to show for it. Does that mean this other dealer got the guitar for free?

At the wholesale level - especially where there are certified dealers working through reps - there are usually terms. I would be surprised if this dealer (or any other) would have to prepay for stock items. A Private Stock - maybe since it will be custom made and a one-off, but not things available from the general sales inventory.

Net 30 would not be uncommon. Dealers having a hard time paying in a timely maner might have to pre-pay or pay COD, but I can't imagine them staying in the PRS dealer network for very long.

I don't believe Corey's local dealer is out any money at all at this point since they never received anything.

SausageofPower
10-23-2012, 02:53 PM
Ah yeah, true. I didn't think of it from that perspective. Still, in terms of maintaining a good relationship with a dealer, you'd think PRS would go above and beyond to rectify the situation.

CoreyT
10-23-2012, 03:08 PM
I just spoke with him, and the dealer who now has it does not want to give it back to PRS :D
Cannot blame them, they have a rare guitar indeed.

I imagine the soonest they can get my guitar out now (from what I was told) will be next Monday the 29th, and it will probably arrive at my dealer the 8th of November, around 10 days to get here by UPS ground.

Even though PRS screwed this up, he is doubtful they will expedite the shipping via express, it will come ground.
Needless to say, I am disappointed in the situation.

I work in shipping, expediting, and receiving parts at Boeing, and customers are always aware of where their product is.
I hope he can get a tracking number this time, if not, PRS should start doing that to keep people in the loop.

tpett23
10-23-2012, 06:48 PM
I wish you luck. have patience. I ordered mine last weekend from sweetwater and should be arriving (estimated) tomorrow. CAN'T WAIT. I'm new to this forum, but have been reading it for weeks now. Without it I would not know the Tremonti SE was available. Thanks CoreyT!

On a side note I tried to get my local PRS dealer to get one for me. He just called and said the PRS rep told him he did not know when more would be available? He also said the purple model was no longer being made even for the UK, and was a UK only model. Only 25 were made. Said that Mark did not like the purple model so they cancelled it. To bad, looks good.

CoreyT
10-23-2012, 07:32 PM
Thanks!
Cool that you have one on order.
If I had gone with Sweetwater I would have had mine by now.
Well, it is not my dealers fault.

He said there are more available at PRS's docks, they are just waiting to inspect/setup the guitars.
Maybe they just told him that, I do not know, all I know is they cannot get mine back from that other dealer.
I Googled them, and it looks like they are a music school, not a dealer, so I do not know what is up with that.

If I am unable to get this guitar as in being sold out for good here, I am going to get a 2013 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus from Sweetwater, the one with the locking tuners, and push/pull pots for coil slitting/phase.
More money, but I really love my SG I have.
A guy over on the official Gibson forum I belong to just got one last week, and it is beautiful.
http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/93018-ngd-lp-standard-plus/

I had a bad feeling about this since it was taking so long to get here, and he was unable to track it.

tpett23
10-23-2012, 08:41 PM
nice! I did play one similar at my local GC, liked it but...the neck was not as comfortable for me. Did like the 2011 SE custom they had with the wide-thin neck. Just has a better feel to me. Thats why I jumped all over the updated Tremonti SE. I also have a Anniversary Custom 24 SE in blue. Hope You do get your order resolved...That always sucks.

CoreyT
10-24-2012, 01:43 PM
I do like the wide/thin neck on my SE Custom 24, very much like my SG.

Dealer called me and said PRS is holding one for me, but i am not sure about that as Sweetwater says there are none available from PRS until the 8th of next month.

Either way you look at it, someone in PRS shipping screwed me out of having mine to play this week.

Artist
10-24-2012, 03:27 PM
Ah Corey, that sucks! But just breathe! I know that waiting for something you just bought is the worst feeling ever, but you will have it soon. I am sure in a couple of months they will be around everywhere.

I just bought mine from a Florida Dealer through Ebay. He has them in hand and mine is shipping to me tomorrow.
He just listed another one here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRS-SE-Mark-Tremonti-Custom-Tremolo-Electric-Guitar-Paul-Reed-Smith-Grey-Black-/140873630307?pt=Guitar&hash=item20ccb90263

Only place online I have seen them other than Sweetwater.

CoreyT
10-24-2012, 04:18 PM
Nice, I really think the gray/black is going to look good in person.

Yeah, waiting two months almost with the time figured in to get the new one sucks since I already paid for it.
Now I wait and see who can get me one first, my dealer, or Sweetwater.
Talked to my Sweetwater rep, and they can mod the guitar for me the way I want, but they would have to order in the Planet Waves Autotrim tuners as they do not stock them.

I wonder what that other store is doing with my guitar :D

Artist
10-24-2012, 05:19 PM
I wonder what that other store is doing with my guitar :D
I wonder if it is even a store. I am in PA and the only thing I have seen around with that name is a chain of music schools.

CoreyT
10-24-2012, 05:23 PM
I saw that too when i Googled them.

CoreyT
10-26-2012, 09:26 PM
Sausage, did you get yours yet?
Mine still has not shipped from PRS to my dealer.

solacematt
10-27-2012, 09:18 AM
Man, I feel for ya having all these issues. You would think such a great company would at least overnight it for the screw up :/
I talked to someone at sweetwater yesterday and the guy was completely clueless. Sad to read about the purple color, was kind of curious about it. The guy I spoke to swore they had the right info on the guitar so I asked why they list the guitar with dots and stoptail when it obviously has a trem and birds - he hung up :p

CoreyT
10-27-2012, 10:01 AM
After telling my Sweetwater rep a week back that they have the wrong info up for the Custom, the regular Tremonti text is still up.

I emailed PRS Customer Service the other day asking when my replacement for the lost guitar will be shipped out to my dealer, and I have not heard back yet.
Maybe not all of them read the forums here too, not sure.
But no one has contacted me about the lost guitar yet.

bretwomack
10-27-2012, 10:20 AM
But no one has contacted me about the lost guitar yet.

Yikes... I'm getting nervous haha and it's not even my guitar. I'm sorry dude.

CoreyT
10-27-2012, 10:37 AM
Yikes... I'm getting nervous haha and it's not even my guitar. I'm sorry dude.
It would be nice to at least get an apoligy for giving my guitar away to someone else or at least contact my dealer and tell him when my replacement will land at his shop so I can pick it up.

DenBaker
10-27-2012, 11:59 AM
I'm not sure what PRS is up to. I've been waiting to buy a custom 24 SE from Musicians friend for at least two months but everytime I call they have no idea when or if they are getting them, yet Sweetwater has plenty. Typical these days.

CoreyT
10-27-2012, 12:32 PM
My dealer has a blue 2012 in, maybe you can get that one.
I believe he ships.
When he ordered mine, he got the blue one too.
PM me if you want his info.

solacematt
10-27-2012, 03:36 PM
It would be nice to at least get an apoligy for giving my guitar away to someone else or at least contact my dealer and tell him when my replacement will land at his shop so I can pick it up.

I had that kind of happen a few years back. I was on the phone with my sales guy, he had the guitar behind the counter and one of his co-workers sold it cash to a collector. He was like, you can't sell that, I have a guy I've been woring with on the phone who is about to pay for it. His co-worker's response was ef him this guy has cash and he's right here.

CoreyT
10-27-2012, 04:04 PM
That is a great way to do business.
If that happened to me, I would not deal with them again.

solacematt
10-27-2012, 04:47 PM
That is a great way to do business.
If that happened to me, I would not deal with them again.

Yea, generally I wouldn't. The guy who I was dealing with was very nice, he even went out of his way to check other stores around the country to see if there was another one that matched the specs of the guitar I hunted down to his store.

leeasam
10-27-2012, 09:02 PM
one thing from the specs is that even though the body is thick like the 245 and the pick ups are from the 245 the scale length says 25". Personally I ike that a bit better than the 24.5. strings don`t get so floppy when drop tuning.

SausageofPower
10-28-2012, 11:05 PM
Sausage, did you get yours yet?
Mine still has not shipped from PRS to my dealer.

Not yet. My guy said he thought he'd be shipping it to me by this past Friday, but no luck. I expect to him from him tomorrow with a revised timeline. Bad thing is, we're both on the east coast. I was hoping it'd be shipped before this hurricane business rolled in, but no such luck. Here's hoping I get it this week. As soon as I do, I'll post plenty of pictures.

CoreyT
10-29-2012, 03:40 AM
Cool, looking forward to the pics.
I doubt mine will ship this week, as Sandy is a bad one taking over the area there.
Stay safe if that storm is near you.

SausageofPower
10-29-2012, 07:31 AM
Yeah, it's raining out here. Flooding has apparently already started in some areas. Unfortunately, my work is one of the only places that didn't close, so here I am. Here's hoping I can get home after working all day. ;)

Artist
10-29-2012, 10:23 AM
Just picked mine from the FEDEX office before they closed for the storm! It looks and feels great. I love the thick body. It does need somewhat of a setup as the strings came all floppy and I need to adjust the tremolo. Will post pics or a video soon if the hurricane permints.

Hope you all get yours soon, practice some Tremonti riffs to make the waiting less painful !

CoreyT
10-29-2012, 10:49 AM
Glad you got yours
If mine ever ships, my dealer will give it a whole setup.
Its part of what they do there.

CoreyT
10-29-2012, 03:17 PM
Hope you all get yours soon, practice some Tremonti riffs to make the waiting less painful !
I am afraid I do not know any of his riffs :D
If by chance I cannot get this guitar soon, I will be canceling my order, and place one for this Les Paul from Sweetwater.

A lot more money, but this is one of the better LPs out right now.
Gibson Les Paul Standard Premium Plus (Honey Burst) (http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LPNSTDPHBCH/)

Coil taps, slim 60s neck like my SG has.
Also has locking tuners, so no need for my local dealer to throw on the Planet Waves Autrotrims like I have on all of my other guitars.

ackbarz13
10-30-2012, 01:47 AM
the new shape is very cool, they're using a birds inlay

Artist
10-30-2012, 11:48 PM
Started a thread for mine. Adding different pictures and in the future will have modifications I have planned.
http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?1950-NGD-Tremonti-SE-Custom-Pictures!

Preview...
http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb354/AeroPR/PRSForum/Tremonti%20SE%20Custom%202012/th_IMG_1194_zps448c54da.jpg (http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?1950-NGD-Tremonti-SE-Custom-Pictures!)

SausageofPower
10-31-2012, 11:42 AM
Wait, I'm a little confused. PRS page says this guitar is ALL maple? So it's not a maple-topped mahogany body?

CoreyT
10-31-2012, 03:01 PM
My dealer called me about 90 minutes ago, Tremonti has left the PRS building.
Must have shipped today, and he assures me it is coming to his store this time.

Matt, if you had anything to do with this today, I thank you very much!

He cannot track it though, something about the computer system back East being down due to the big storm.
If it did go out today, it might land by Thursday the 9th or the next day, then my dealer will need an extra day to prep/modify it for me.

So hopefully I will be posting up pics by two weekends from now.

CoreyT
10-31-2012, 03:07 PM
Wait, I'm a little confused. PRS page says this guitar is ALL maple? So it's not a maple-topped mahogany body?
Should be hog with a maple cap from most of the sites I have read.

The PRS SE Tremonti Custom swaps the slimline, all-mahogany body of the original for a thicker mahogany and carved maple combo.
I do see on the PRS site though it says maple neck and body.

SausageofPower
10-31-2012, 03:35 PM
Should be hog with a maple cap from most of the sites I have read.

I do see on the PRS site though it says maple neck and body.

Yeah, I think it's just a typo on the PRS site. The "body wood" should probably say "top wood" or something like that. This is definitely a thick slab of kickassery though, it's the guitar I wanted when I bought my Tremonti SE. I can let that go to the next lucky guy though, this fit the bill perfectly. Gonna enjoy it for a couple of days in stock form, then throw locking tuners and my US Tremonti pickups on her. Later on she'll probably probably get a Black TUSQ XL nut too.

I'll have pics of mine up later in my own thread, so as not to steal anyone's thunder. ;)

CoreyT
10-31-2012, 03:46 PM
Sounds great!
Seems the nuts for my two current SE guitars keeps them in tune along with my locking tuners.

SausageofPower
10-31-2012, 03:52 PM
Yeah, this is my first PRS SE with the regular trem (I had the regular Tremonti SE and the Torero, which is a Floyd Rose of course), so I'll see how it goes. I know one friend has a PRS SE and complains about tuning stability, but he also bumped his gauge up to 11's so it may be binding because the nut isn't cut for that size.

Either way, I'm always playing with my guitars. It's part of the love of these things for me. ;)

Mikegarveyblues
10-31-2012, 04:01 PM
Yeah, this is my first PRS SE with the regular trem (I had the regular Tremonti SE and the Torero, which is a Floyd Rose of course), so I'll see how it goes. I know one friend has a PRS SE and complains about tuning stability, but he also bumped his gauge up to 11's so it may be binding because the nut isn't cut for that size.

Either way, I'm always playing with my guitars. It's part of the love of these things for me. ;)

pretty good chance that's the case. A lot of SE's ship with 9's so 10's may bind a touch, never mind 11's!

CoreyT
10-31-2012, 05:18 PM
I run Ernie Ball Cobalts in 9-42 on all of my guitars, so I guess that helps.

SausageofPower
11-01-2012, 09:57 AM
Alright, having had a night to play around...

I love this guitar. It's everything I wanted when I got my original Tremonti SE. I'm gonna do a detailed writeup and take pics tonight (I was out of batteries and spent all night playing it anyway), but in the meantime to those waiting on one or thinking about getting one...it's absolutely worth it. The guitar looks great, feels great, sounds great...I haven't got a single complaint. And that's before I've even done my usual customizations!

CoreyT
11-06-2012, 05:43 AM
Still waiting...
Asked my dealer to call PRS Friday if it does not show up.

CoreyT
11-07-2012, 05:42 AM
Premier Guitar magazine has some info up on their site.
Would like to see a review on it from them.
http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/Daily/News/PRS_Introduces_the_SE_Tremonti_Custom.aspx

On a side note, my dealer called me late afternoon yesterday, and he received the bill for mine, so that means hopefully it will land by Friday.
If not, maybe Monday.

SausageofPower
11-07-2012, 08:56 AM
Good luck dude, I'm hoping you get yours before I get my replacement. Confirmed that I can send it back yesterday, so I'm doing so today. He should have it Friday, place the order for the new one and if I'm lucky I'll have it by Thanksgiving. We'll see!

CoreyT
11-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Hope you get yours soon.
I asked him yesterday if he can track mine, and I guess PRS does not give tracking info to their dealers.

SausageofPower
11-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Thanks. And I hope you get yours like tomorrow. This is all sorts of crazy, your story makes me wanna cry. I'd go nuts waiting for a month or more on a guitar that wasn't a custom order.

Shawn@PRS
11-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Still waiting...
Asked my dealer to call PRS Friday if it does not show up.

It usually takes a week for a guitar to arrive on the west coast. If it shipped on the 31st, you should see it today or tomorrow at the latest.

CoreyT
11-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Thanks Shawn, hopefully it lands Thursday, and then I will be able to pick it up Friday after work and enjoy it for the weekend.

SOP, yeah, bummed that it has taken so long.
Still curious if the other place got it for free, or were forced to send it back.

Shawn@PRS
11-07-2012, 02:41 PM
Still curious if the other place got it for free, or were forced to send it back.

I was out of the office when that went down so I don't know the details. sorry.

CoreyT
11-07-2012, 03:07 PM
From what my dealer told me, the place in PA. refused to send it back.
I think they are a music school too, not a store.

CoreyT
11-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Do ya want the good new or bad news first :D
Lets start with the good news.

I left work two hours early today as it is Friday, and I just wanted to get out of there.
I turned on my Bluetooth on my Droid so it could connect with my Pioneer stereo in my rig, as I felt I might get a call from my dealer.
Sure enough, about two blocks from the freeway entrance and also his store my phone rang.
He wanted to speak with me, and I told him I was just around the corner, and I could stop in.

My guitar came in yesterday on Thursday, not bad since it was shipped a week and a day prior on Wednesday the 31st.
Cool, but ya wanna know why I never got a call yesterday that it came in?
It could have been ready today for me to pick up, but UPS punched a frickin' hole through the box and broke the headstock.
UNBELIEVABLE!

He saw the hole when UPS dropped it off, and the driver told him it looked like someone had thrown it against a bolt or something in the truck.
Looks like a piece of rebar poked the box, went through the gig bag, and then broke the headstock.

Think someone is telling me to say forget about buying this guitar???
He is sending it back of course, but he did say the finish on it was beautiful.
What if my third replacement is not as nice as it, or maybe the first one that got shipped to the wrong state and store?

He called them up yesterday and told them what happened, and he is waiting today to find out if they are going to airship him a third one now. since I have been waiting since the 5th of October.

They cannot get one out until perhaps Monday, and I am going to be pretty ticked off if I have to wait another 8 days or more to get the replacement.
I am not even sure if PRS has anymore of these in stock, if not, I am going to cancel my order, and think about another guitar instead.
I was so looking forward to rocking this Tremonti this weekend.

He is going to see if Paul can sign the back of the third one for me though, that would be very nice.
I am just so bummed out and disappointed right now.

SausageofPower
11-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Oh Jesus...

I'm sorry dude, that's horrible. I can't believe your luck with this damned guitar. Though, I'm right there with ya with regards to my car. Got rear-ended, my radiator failed...it's been a rough week. Here's hoping we both get our replacements before Thanksgiving, yeah? If you get it signed by Paul, that'd be an awesome bonus.

CoreyT
11-09-2012, 05:09 PM
Bummer on your car man.

If it ships the slow way, it might make it during the week of Thanksgiving, that is if it goes out this coming Monday.
But since the shop is closed for the Holiday, and also shippers, I am not counting on seeing the replacement until after Thanksgiving, unless PRS ships this by jet freight instead of a slow truck.

I would gladly pay extra $$$ if the SEs were shipped optionally with the multifit hardshell cases when they leave MD.
If this had been in a hardshell case, the guitar more than likely would be OK, and just a scratch on the case.
I toss the gig bags anyways in the closet, as I buy the multifit cases directly from Sweetwater.

Yeah, with the holiday coming up, I do not think I will see the new until afterwards, almost two months since I placed my order.
Last guitar I buy maybe that has to be shipped.

He got a brand new Semi-Hollow in just like my sons, but in Tobacco Burst, looks nice.
He also had a brand new non maple top 408 in that looked nice, but the only way I would buy a 408 would be in a maple top, the light green color, and natural sides, back, and neck.
That would look killer.

bretwomack
11-09-2012, 06:38 PM
WOW. I can't believe your bad luck with this guitar. I agree that I would pay a little extra money to get hardshell cases with the SEs.

My purple one on layaway is going to be shipped from WildWire in the UK... hearing this kind of stuff makes me nervous.

Artist
11-09-2012, 11:21 PM
NO WAY!!!! Man this is unbelievable!! As it would also be if the new one is not expedited.

I know you want to maintain the relationship with the dealer but this is already over the top. I would just cancel that, take the money back and buy it from sweetwater. They have it in stock again. Then just go to the dealer and get the upgrades you wanted.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SEMTMplTop/

solacematt
11-10-2012, 08:31 AM
wow, this is like bad movie luck right here

CoreyT
11-11-2012, 05:26 AM
Hopefully the third Tremonti will arrive unscathed.
As far as ordering one from Sweetwater, I gave it some thought, and I do not want to order a guitar that is not shipped in a hard case to give it more protection.
I got a look at the small box mine was shipped in, and there is not much protection.
If I ordered one from Sweetwater, UPS drops off before I get home, and I would hate to come home to another scenario like my dealer just went through.

If the third Tremonti is screwed up, I will be giving up on it and get a refund.

Kind of ironic, I was one of the first to order one of these, and now I am having so many problems getting one.

Chris528
11-11-2012, 08:46 AM
Man I sure hope the 3rd one shows up soon and without issues. I am the most impatient person so I would be going insane.

SausageofPower
11-11-2012, 12:35 PM
Hopefully the third Tremonti will arrive unscathed.
As far as ordering one from Sweetwater, I gave it some thought, and I do not want to order a guitar that is not shipped in a hard case to give it more protection.
I got a look at the small box mine was shipped in, and there is not much protection.
If I ordered one from Sweetwater, UPS drops off before I get home, and I would hate to come home to another scenario like my dealer just went through.

Hm...this is just me playing Devil's Advocate here, however...

All PRS SE guitars are shipped to dealers the same way. Gigbag inside a box with foam to support certain parts (the neck namely). All three guitars I've gotten from the SE line came this way, since I tend to have my dealer just re-label and send them to me. No problems for me, as of yet. So, no matter what, they will ship from MD to the first destination with that configuration.

Now, Sweetwater is pretty amiable with regards to any requests you have, like shipping the guitar in a hard case that you also buy. So, in theory, you could buy it (and probably get them to lower the price a bit below their listed price) and a case and ask them to ship the guitar in the case.

Of course, this is probably all moot as I'm sure your dealer has ordered a new replacement. Still, for future reference since we're all addicts and no purchase is our last. ;)

My dealer received my Tremonti back on Friday and ordered a new one. Said he should have it this week. So, depending on the time frame I should have mine maybe a week from now. Hopefully you'll be in the same boat!

CoreyT
11-12-2012, 03:27 AM
Yeah, kind of moot now, my dealer has already been in contact with his sales rep there at PRS, and he is calling today to find out if they are going to expedite this thing or not.
I have a hardshell case waiting for it it at home.

I will give him a day or so before contacting him to find out a delivery time frame.
I am pretty sure though that it will ship the sloooooooooow way again.

I did however email Customer Service at PRS to let them know what happened to the second guitar, so we shall see if the third one ships out sooner.

SausageofPower
11-12-2012, 11:06 AM
I would hope that PRS would take some steps to make this thing better for you and your dealer. This is getting pretty silly, really. Shipping it to the wrong place was their fault entirely, the shipment getting damaged wasn't on them but still they should want to make this situation disappear by remedying it ASAP.

Here's hoping it happens.

CoreyT
11-12-2012, 03:04 PM
Thanks Man.
Have not heard back from my dealer yet, but I have an email into him to let me know when it ships to him from PRS again.

How does the broken guitar pan out?
It gets shipped back, but does UPS get stuck with the bill for ruining it?
They must have tossed it pretty hard for something to poke hard enough through the box, foam padding, and the gig bag.

SausageofPower
11-12-2012, 03:20 PM
Typically PRS would file an insurance claim with UPS. As the sender, since they paid the bill, they're the one who gets reimbursed. I know that from having FedEx destroy a $2k home theatre receiver a few years ago (that they packaged, thankfully, so there was no contest on the claim).

I checked with my guy today too. He said he expects it in this week. If I'm extremely lucky and it comes tomorrow or Wednesday, I'll have it Friday. Otherwise, next week is looking most likely. As long as it's before the Thanksgiving holiday, I'll be happy.

CoreyT
11-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Glad yours is on the way.

My dealer just called me around 2 PM PST to let me know his sales rep woman said it shipped today!
He is not sure if it is coming UPS truck/ground, or if it got expedited, as she did not know yet.
But he will be expecting an email from her when he gets in around 10 am tomorrow morning to let him know which way it got shipped.

If via ground, if holds the same time frame as the damaged one, it could be here by next Tuesday, then his guy will rip into it and put the new strings on, my tuners, and set it up, then I can pick it up Wednesday.
If it gets here later, then I will not see it until after Thanksgiving.

Now if it shipped via air, then it could land this week.
I am hoping it got expedited this time.
There is no way for me to find out, as not being a dealer.
The only contact phone number and email I have is Customer Service, and they do not have the shipping info, and unless you are a dealer, you can not call sales there to get any shipping info.

But at least is went out today.

http://www.pnw4runners.com/avatars/bigdirk_clear.gif

solacematt
11-13-2012, 08:28 AM
Crossin fingers for ya Corey

SausageofPower
11-13-2012, 08:54 AM
Same here. I really hope you get it in time to enjoy it for the Thanksgiving holiday weekend (and take plenty of pics for us). ;)

CoreyT
11-13-2012, 08:57 AM
Thanks guy's.
I will get plenty of pics for sure.

Hope to hear today on its shipping status.

Dealer told me they have quite a bit of snow back there too to deal with.
First Sandy, now a snow storm.

Mikegarveyblues
11-13-2012, 01:23 PM
Hope you get it soon man, and it's a good 'un!

CoreyT
11-13-2012, 05:19 PM
Thanks Mike.
Just called my dealer, and PRS did not email or call him about how it shipped out.

CoreyT
11-16-2012, 09:01 AM
No new axe yet, hopefully it lands Tuesday so I can have it Wednesday, and enjoy it over the 4 day weekend.

abw1987
11-16-2012, 09:12 AM
No new axe yet, hopefully it lands Tuesday so I can have it Wednesday, and enjoy it over the 4 day weekend.

Same here.

Guitar Center has not provided me with any updates, and they have been unresponsive to my most recent email. I'll call them again today.

Who knew it could take so long to receive a guitar that is not customized in any way?

Artist
11-16-2012, 11:47 AM
Guitar Center has not provided me with any updates, and they have been unresponsive to my most recent email. I'll call them again today.
You ordered through GC? When I contacted mine here near KoP mall they pretty much ignored my request to order one.

Feel bad for you guys. Again here is another dealer that has them:
NorthEast Music Center just got 4 and posted them yesterday on their site and eBay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRS-PAUL-REED-SMITH-MARK-TREMONTI-CUSTOM-SE-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-/221154123122
Grab them before they go!

abw1987
11-16-2012, 11:53 AM
You ordered through GC? When I contacted mine here near KoP mall they pretty much ignored my request to order one.

NorthEast Music Center just got 4 and posted them yesterday on their site and eBay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRS-PAUL-REED-SMITH-MARK-TREMONTI-CUSTOM-SE-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-/221154123122
Plymouth Meeting?

That's exactly where I placed my order.

solacematt
11-16-2012, 11:57 AM

My local GC kind of did the same thing as well :/ I'm friends with the manager and I know he tried though and they're mega busy. It just annoys me that most GC's that you call to ask a question or see if something is in stock they just want to take your info and say we'llcall you back because it's in their job description to get x amount of people's info in their system per day.

Artist
11-16-2012, 12:10 PM
Plymouth Meeting?
That's exactly where I placed my order.
Yup, but I never got to that point. Manager said he would get back to me and it never happened. Guess they just forgot but I never insisted. Got it online with Coral Sky Music dealer who had them on hand and it was here 4 days after.

abw1987
11-19-2012, 12:00 PM
I finally picked up the guitar yesterday. As it turns out, the employee through whom I had ordered the guitar actually left Guitar Center a couple weeks ago. My guitar was sitting in their warehouse for a while before someone finally realized, "hey didn't someone order this PRS?"

Not to knock on Guitar Center or the employee. I guess that kind of breakdown in communication is to be expected when you're dealing with a larger organization as opposed to a small/local store.

Anyway, here are some pictures for y'all:

http://i.imgur.com/NekA6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nWwvc.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BbsJj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YuFNG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KhB5Z.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/oHyjS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WY1eE.jpg

This one compares the thickness of the new SE Tremonti Custom to that of my old Tremonti SE:

http://i.imgur.com/RhhUm.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RBqRW.jpg

Here you can see the up-routed tremolo:

http://i.imgur.com/cCKGU.jpg

I haven't gotten much of a chance to play it yet. I actually haven't even plugged in my amps since I moved to my new apartment back in July; I've been playing acoustic whenever I have the chance, which is not nearly often enough.

From what I can tell so far, the neck feels great. I really like the thinness of it when compared to the old SE. I've reserve judgment on overall playability for when I find time to restring it with 10s (it's got 9s right now). I'm also a huge fan of the thicker/heavier body. As I expect, this solves the top-heaviness problem experienced by the old SE. The SE Custom is totally weight-balanced. I don't know much about tremolo systems, so I can't comment on the quality of this specific setup. And of course I love the look of the flamed top and mother of pearl bird inlays.

If you're in the market for a reasonably-priced guitar, and are thinking of getting the Tremonti SE, there's no reason you shouldn't spend the extra $200 on the SE Custom. It's really a lot better.

CoreyT
11-19-2012, 03:04 PM
Congrats man.
Tried posting at lunch on my Droid, but lost the connection in our lunch room.

The finish on that is beautiful!
Let us know how it sounds after you get 'er amped up.

Yeah, I am in an apartment also, (I really need to move sometime) so I cannot crank my Carvin V3M to loud, but I can turn the master way up, along with the gain, and turn down the channels volume, and get great distortion and sustain, so it sounds very nice.

If mine does not land by tomorrow, I am going to be pretty upset.

tpett23
11-19-2012, 04:39 PM
Guitar Center has not provided me with any updates, and they have been unresponsive to my most recent email.

never have anything good ordered from GC, only what they have in stock. My local GC has good guys but...no clue on latest PRS guitars. Mine still has yet to see a 2012 Custom 24 SE. They were also not able to order one. But Sweetwater has been great, I got my Tremonti custom SE from them, took it in and my local GC drooled over it. Haven't had a chance to post any pictures, but plays sweeet!

bretwomack
11-19-2012, 09:34 PM
My purple burst will be here Friday! All the way from Great Britain.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-p4pf-bHlLlU/UKr4sM9dk2I/AAAAAAAAAH8/h37gjT1iIrQ/w279-h263-n-k/IMG_2130%255B1%255D.PNG
Will post pics when it arrives!

solacematt
11-19-2012, 09:46 PM
Very cool, congrats abw1987 :)

abw1987
11-19-2012, 09:54 PM
Congrats man.
Tried posting at lunch on my Droid, but lost the connection in our lunch room.

The finish on that is beautiful!
Let us know how it sounds after you get 'er amped up.

Yeah, I am in an apartment also, (I really need to move sometime) so I cannot crank my Carvin V3M to loud, but I can turn the master way up, along with the gain, and turn down the channels volume, and get great distortion and sustain, so it sounds very nice.

If mine does not land by tomorrow, I am going to be pretty upset.
Thank you sir. Yes, I find the finish to be quite gorgeous.

I plugged in my Mesa Boogie F-50 today and gave the guitar a whirl. Overall it sounds pretty good. Definitely night as bright/crisp as the USA Tremonti pickups that I put in my original Tremonti SE, but it sounds fairly clean, warm and well-rounded. My amp might need new tubes though... hahaha.

Isn't apartment living great for us guitar players? Haha. Actually, I just hadn't plugged the amps in out of laziness and lack of power outlets in the room. I can't wait to buy a house with a basement though.

CoreyT
11-20-2012, 03:47 PM
Glad it sounds great!

No guitar, dealer has a call or email into PRS.

bretwomack
11-21-2012, 03:15 PM
Got mine in today guys, check out my NGD post (http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?2112-NGD!!!-Tremonti-SE-Custom). CoreyT, thought it was interesting that mine shipped with a hole in the cardboard box like something had punctured it. Luckily the guitar was fine though.

CoreyT
11-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Nice Bret, just posted.
Glad only your box got punctured.

My dealer just called me, and something is up once again.
We were told my third guitar shipped on Monday the 12th, but he just got the invoice in the mail today that was dated the 19th, and the invoices usually go out the day the guitars are shipped.
So if my guitar did not ship on the 12th, and shipped this past Monday, now we are looking at not getting it in until Wednesday of next week or so on account of the holiday.
If it does not land this Friday, then he is right about it not shipping until the 19th.

This is getting so frustrating, and he requested if they could ship this third one by air too since I have been waiting since the 5th of October for mine.

No one got back to him today either, and he has a few emails in trying to track this down.
Needless to say, this is my last PRS guitar I am going to buy that has to be shipped.
So I hope he gets some nice maple top 408s in later, as I cannot go through this bad shipping ordeal crap again.

It is either a 408, or a new Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus that is coming in 2013.
Grover tuners, split coil/phase inversion pull taps on the volume tone controls, slim/thin 60s profile neck like I have on my 2012 '61 SG Reissue.
Very nice Les Paul.
Sweetwater has no info on them yet for 2013, but the good chaps in the UK from Andertons has them up on their website (http://www.andertons.co.uk/solid-body-electric-guitars/pid23823/cid671/gibson-les-paul-standard-plus-electric-guitar-in-tea-burst.asp).
I would go for the tea burst color.
Ordering from Sweetwater on a Monday would guarantee I would have it by Friday or Saturday.

abw1987
11-22-2012, 09:20 AM
Oh man Corey, that really sucks. Really frustrating. Hopefully the wait won't be too much longer now, since it has officially shipped.

Chris528
11-22-2012, 02:24 PM
I would be going crazy Corey. I sure hope this one shows up next week and unscathed.

CoreyT
11-22-2012, 03:37 PM
Thanks guy's.
My dealer already offered a discount off of it too since it is taking so long.
Not sure why his rep has not got back to him on this yet.
It is very frustrating for him too since he has no idea where it is without being able to track it.

SausageofPower
11-23-2012, 06:20 PM
Same boat. My dealer hasn't heard back from his rep either, so...hopefully next week. Sucks because I have mine en route to my job that I just put my two weeks in at. So...here's hoping. :P

Thanks guy's.
My dealer already offered a discount off of it too since it is taking so long.
Not sure why his rep has not got back to him on this yet.
It is very frustrating for him too since he has no idea where it is without being able to track it.

CoreyT
11-24-2012, 07:53 AM
Here is hoping yours come in very soon.

I think my dealer was right, they never shipped mine on the 12th like his rep lady told him it did.
It shipped more than likely this past Monday on the 19th, the day the bill for him was created and mailed out.

If that is the case, it should land mid week here.

Jet Whitey
11-24-2012, 08:08 AM
Here is hoping yours come in very soon.

I think my dealer was right, they never shipped mine on the 12th like his rep lady told him it did.
It shipped more than likely this past Monday on the 19th, the day the bill for him was created and mailed out.

If that is the case, it should land mid week here.

If Amy said it shipped...It shipped. The invoice date and the guitar ship date are way different....I've seen guitars show and the invoice not show for a month...and I've seen the exact oposite.

CoreyT
11-24-2012, 09:45 AM
If Amy said it shipped...It shipped. The invoice date and the guitar ship date are way different....I've seen guitars show and the invoice not show for a month...and I've seen the exact oposite.
Something is off then.
The second one was shipped on the 31st of October, and it arrived (broken by UPS though) 8 days later on November the 8th.
If my third one was sent on Monday November the 12th, it has been 12 days now.
Surely it should have shown yesterday on a shipping day of 11 days.

The only way to know for sure when it was shipped is if my dealer had the tracking number which he is not privy to.

Sounds like you work in the shipping department there.

Jet Whitey
11-24-2012, 10:50 AM
Something is off then.
The second one was shipped on the 31st of October, and it arrived (broken by UPS though) 8 days later on November the 8th.
If my third one was sent on Monday November the 12th, it has been 12 days now.
Surely it should have shown yesterday on a shipping day of 11 days.

The only way to know for sure when it was shipped is if my dealer had the tracking number which he is not privy to.

Sounds like you work in the shipping department there.

No I don't, but I know Amy and she's a friend and has been a HUGE help for me. She's a straight shooter and if she could do anything to help she would. There are lots of things that factor in...It takes 8+ days for a guitar to get from Stevensville to WA. State. I'd like to know what dealer you're working with....

CoreyT
11-24-2012, 11:17 AM
No I don't, but I know Amy and she's a friend and has been a HUGE help for me. She's a straight shooter and if she could do anything to help she would. There are lots of things that factor in...It takes 8+ days for a guitar to get from Stevensville to WA. State. I'd like to know what dealer you're working with....
I will PM you the info.

SausageofPower
11-24-2012, 05:22 PM
I think maybe the shipping department had an off week, myself. My dealer ordered a replacement for me on 11/9/12. He's in Boston, I'm in Northern Virginia. 2 days transit between each stop. So, even if it took a few days to process the order and ship, he'd have it two days later (I know from experience, this isn't my first order ;)).

Well, as of yesterday, still no SE Tremonti Custom. Also, no reply to him or his store from their PRS rep. So...either PRS ran out of guitars (which, maybe that's the case, if so it sucks) or there was a glitch in the shipping department. My dealer had expected the replacement within a week, and two weeks later no luck. I'm patient to a degree, it's just that the guitar is shipping to my work and I just handed in my two week's notice...so I don't want it arriving there after I'm gone. ;)

CoreyT
11-25-2012, 03:11 PM
If mine does not show up this week my patience will be at and end, and it will be time for a refund.
There are other guitars out there.

abw1987
11-26-2012, 12:55 PM
So I've been playing this guitar for about a week now, and I'm discovering that the tuning is quite unstable. As with any new set of strings, I would expect it to take a little while before the strings stretch out and settle into their tuning. But it's been a week, and whenever I so much as touch the whammy bar, the strings go out of tune.

Is it possible that I've set something up incorrectly? Or is this just the nature of tremolo systems on relatively inexpensive guitars? I know you can't really ensure tuning stability unless you go with a full Floyd Rose system, but I had no idea it would be this bad.

Other than that I'm very happy with the guitar. The neck plays really well, it looks beautiful, and it just feels much higher quality than any other SE I've used.

Shawn@PRS
11-26-2012, 01:01 PM
It sounds like the strings are pinching in the nut. Without detuning the guitar, pull each string up and out of the nut slot. The string should exit the slot smoothly without binding or pinching. Widening the slots with nut slot files, exacto or sand paper should solve the problem and will need to be done especially if the string gauge has been changed.

If you're local to your dealer, they may be able to assist you. If not, we can alsways arrange to have teh guitar sent back to the factory for a full evaluation.

abw1987
11-26-2012, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the response! I'll have to check on that when I get home on Thursday.

I was researching the possibility of swapping in a bone nut, and saw your post here (http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?823-SE-s-Best-Replacement-Nut) that mentions SE nuts being set up for 9-42s. I use 10-52s, so it sounds like I will likely need to widen the slots.

Shawn@PRS
11-26-2012, 02:12 PM
Keep in mind that even "pre-cut" nuts are not drop in replacements, they will all need to be fine tuned to fit your guitar and set up. It's a lot easier to just work with what you have , then it is to replace the entire nut and start from scratch.

abw1987
11-26-2012, 02:23 PM
Good to know. I've found a luthier in my area who I may take it to, just so I don't ruin anything.

CoreyT
11-26-2012, 05:50 PM
No news, PRS has not returned emails/ calls to my dealer.
The broken guitar has not been picked up yet either.

CoreyT
11-27-2012, 05:09 AM
Those British chaps at Anderton's are at it again.
I just love their vids, you can tell they have fun shooting them.

PRS SE Mark Tremonti UK Exclusive & SE245 Demo

They mention again that the Tremonti is a UK exclusive, but we know it is not.
Maybe the purple color is, but they discontinued that color anyways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLdU1ITvkzI

CoreyT
11-27-2012, 05:14 PM
Sweetwater finally updated their site.
They say it is a maple body though, I do not think so.
Should be mahogany with a flame maple veneer cap?
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SEMTMplTop/

Still no guitar, bet it is lost in transit, or it never shipped at all.
From the 12th to today, that is 16 days, twice the amount of time it should take since the broken one arrived in 8 days.

bretwomack
11-27-2012, 10:40 PM
Still no guitar, bet it is lost in transit, or it never shipped at all.
From the 12th to today, that is 16 days, twice the amount of time it should take since the broken one arrived in 8 days.

Unacceptable.

CoreyT
11-28-2012, 03:32 AM
What is worse is that his rep will not return his emails or phone calls trying to track it down.
I give up on this guitar, time for a refund.

MojoPin
11-28-2012, 01:10 PM
Went through a review in this month's Total Guitar and they seemed to love it, so I just had to go and try it out in my local shop. Amazing guitar for the money, really, and love the red finish! Have to admit going back home and playing on my Tremonti SE it's definitely better in a lot of ways, but it also made me realize just how much I love my original one, too. I think if I bought the new one I'd still have to keep the old one - it's a very special guitar.

Artist
11-28-2012, 01:32 PM
What is worse is that his rep will not return his emails or phone calls trying to track it down.
I give up on this guitar, time for a refund.

Nah man, forget about that. Cancel that order, get your money back. Buy it online from a dealer who has it in stock. You will have it in a couple of days.

Your local dealer should be the ones to worry about the shipping issues and "deal" with PRS about the guitar they didn't get to sell.

CoreyT
11-28-2012, 02:12 PM
I know, but he is saying his rep will not answer him.
Sweetwater is out of stock.
This has been a very poor PRS experience for me overall.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T !
11-28-2012, 02:27 PM

That sucks. Big time.

Must be a dealer who has one in stock that is willing to provide a tracking number when they ship it.

CoreyT
11-28-2012, 03:15 PM
There are a few other PRS dealers in my state, but I will not deal with Guitar Center.
The other ones are a lot further away from me.

This dealer that I have already bought and received three SEs from is on the same road I live on, just 13 miles North, and about 2 miles South of my work which makes it very convenient to shop with him.

I called up Sweetwater, and they are out at the moment, but it seems his business has a much better relationship with PRS, and he is able to track shipments when they ship from PRS to him.

He is going to notify me when they get them in stock.
From past experience with them having ordered 4 of the PRS Multifit cases, if I order on a Monday morning, I have it that Friday or Saturday at the latest, and also can track it via FedEx ground.

He is aware of the issue I had with UPS breaking my second Tremonti Custom sent to my dealer, and he says they never have any bad issues, could be that they repack them once PRS sends them to Sweetwater.
I asked if they could ship it in a Multifit case, and they cannot, as the cardboard is not padded.
I can attest to that having 4 of them.

When PRS sends out a US guitar in the hardshell case, it is in a much beefier cardboard box protecting it better he said.

Anyways, just sad that my dealer is left in the dark from his rep since he has not heard back from here on where my third guitar is.
Pretty sure he is going to loose a sale to Sweetwater on this issue, and I already paid for mine with him.
He got the bill from PRS though last Wednesday.

Artist
11-28-2012, 03:43 PM
I know, but he is saying his rep will not answer him.
Sweetwater is out of stock.

Two other dealers that have them:
1. Very reputable PRS dealer. You can call them, confirm they have them and maybe get pictures to see if yo like it.
Site: NorthEast Music Center
(http://www.nemusiccenter.com/prs-paul-reed-smith-mark-tremonti-custom-se-electric-guitar/)Ebay Listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRS-PAUL-REED-SMITH-MARK-TREMONTI-CUSTOM-SE-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-/221157528586?pt=Guitar&hash=item337e04140a

2. Newer dealer but I got my Tremonti from them in a couple of days, great communication. Don't love the top on the one they have listed on ebay, but you can always confirm if those are actual pics.
Site: Coral Sky Music
(http://www.coralskymusic.com/prs-se-guitars.html)Ebay Listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRS-SE-Mark-Tremonti-Custom-Tremolo-Electric-Guitar-Paul-Reed-Smith-Grey-Black-/130809933209?pt=Guitar&hash=item1e74e12d99

Sweetwater site says they don't have them until 12/16

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T !
11-28-2012, 04:35 PM
+1

Jack Gretz (NE Music Center) is a great guy and will do it right.

CoreyT
11-28-2012, 05:08 PM
Thanks guy's.
I like to support the little guy, and that is what my local dealer is.
Guitar Center has driven a lot of smaller shops out of business, and this local shop gives you two freen complete setups when you buy a guitar there.

I like Sweetwater, even though they are a big store, but they are not a chain store like GC.
Whoever gets the guitar in first between my dealer or Sweetwater will get my $$$.
And...I may have a surprise if I get one from Sweetwater.
I do not want to spill the beans just yet, until I know it is locked in if he can get me one quicker.

I feel like calling up my dealer to see if he has heard from his PRS rep Amy, but he probably has not, or he would have called me by now.
I hate bugging him too, he is just as helpless and in the dark as I am.

CoreyT
11-30-2012, 03:27 AM
Still no guitar.
Called dealer yesterday, and he says the rep was embarrassed I have not received it yet.
I think it got lost since it was shipped on either the 12th or the 19th.

I thought the third time was suppose to be a charm :D

abw1987
11-30-2012, 10:33 AM
I just checked out the nut situation on my guitar, and I'm definitely going to need these slots resized. The low E and A strings don't even fit in the slots at all -- they just sit on top of the nut. The D string kinds of sits halfway inside. The G, B, and E strings do slide into the slots, but they are very tight.

CoreyT
11-30-2012, 10:42 AM
I thought these guitars have to pass inspection in Korea and Maryland before they get shipped to dealers?

Strings sitting out of the slots is a failed setup.

abw1987
11-30-2012, 11:00 AM
I thought these guitars have to pass inspection in Korea and Maryland before they get shipped to dealers?

Strings sitting out of the slots is a failed setup.
Apparently the guitar is set up for 9-42s, but I restrung it with 10-52s.

CoreyT
11-30-2012, 11:17 AM
I asked my dealer awhile back to check mine when it arrives.

OK, that makes sense.
I have used 9-42 most of my life.
They feel better to me

CoreyT
11-30-2012, 03:21 PM
So I am sitting in a weekly Friday meeting at work that starts at noon and goes to 1 PM when I look down at my personal cell phone (on mute for the meeting) and see the screen lit up with a local number.
Could not answer it in time, so I excused myself to go outside the conference room.
That was about 12:15.

I call the number, "A Sharp Music, can I help you?"
"This is Corey, someone just called me from this number."
It was not their regular number, so it did not say who it was on the caller ID.
Put me on hold, then the owner came on and said "I do not need a tracking number, it has arrived"

Guitar arrived in great shape, and his tech is performing the following surgery on it:
1. Planet Wave Autotrim tuners
2. Ernie Ball Cobalts 9-42
3. Set intonation, pickup height, check nut, ect, complete tuneup.

It may or may not be ready by the time I get off at 2 PM which is less than an hour away.
I told them not to rush, as I can pick it up at 10 am when they open up tomorrow.

Whewwwwwww, the wait is over.
Sometime tomorrow I will put up a NGD thread, and post a link to it in this thread.

I hope this guitar was worth the wait!
Will it make me play like Chappers in the video I posted earlier :D
I wish.

SausageofPower
11-30-2012, 03:35 PM
FINALLY!

I'm so happy for you dude, that's awesome. I hope you love it, I thought it was an amazing guitar myself. I just can't wait for my replacement to come in. probably next Wednesday or so. Just in time for me to have to change the shipping address, but that's a minor gripe.

Definitely take a lot of pics. Can't wait to see it!

abw1987
11-30-2012, 03:39 PM
Congratulations!!! You're going to love it.

CoreyT
11-30-2012, 03:49 PM
Thanks guys.
Just called them, not ready, tuner holes need to dry more before the setup can be complete.

Tomorrow morning...

Michael B
11-30-2012, 04:49 PM
3rd times a charm!!! Good to hear it finally made it after all the malarchy you went through!! Enjoy it, can't wait for your long awaited pics!

CoreyT
11-30-2012, 05:14 PM
Thanks Mike.
I hope they have the box there still too, as I want to check the tracking number on it to see how long it took to get there.

Mikegarveyblues
11-30-2012, 05:39 PM
Congrats bud! I hope after all this it's a stunner!

Chris528
11-30-2012, 06:15 PM
About damn time Corey! I sure hope it was worth all this trouble. Looking forward to seeing the pics and hearing how you like it.

CoreyT
12-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Thanks guy's, here is the thread.
http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?2215-NGD-2012-SE-Tremonti-Custom

CoreyT
12-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Just into my inbox, so anyone looking for one, Sweetwater just got some more in stock:

PRS SE Mark Tremonti Custom (Grey Black) Now in Stock

Hi Corey,

We're excited to tell you that the PRS SE Mark Tremonti Custom (Grey Black) you wanted is in stock and ready to ship today. Visit the following product page link now to start your order.
Order Now from Sweetwater.com
It's not uncommon for these products to sell out again soon, so please place your order quickly to reserve your spot. When you shop at Sweetwater, you will enjoy personal service, the lowest prices possible, free shipping and a free 2-year warranty on nearly everything we stock, and free lifetime tech support.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SEMTMplTop

Thanks for choosing Sweetwater.com!

Bainesbucker
04-15-2013, 08:28 AM
Hello Everybody.
As an owner of a PRS SE Tremonti Custom in Grey Black, I wanted to say that this particular finish option is rather strange (in a good way). I've seen many different pictures of it online going from a really dark black to a super light grey, and mine has landed somewhere between! It has a touch of green in the finish that I really dig, my only problem is the cream PU surrounds don't really go with it, thinking of swapping to the rather 'white' USA ones. Anyway to round up a rant, has anyone else got a GreyBlackGreen finish on theirs?

P.S. To anybody thinking whether to buy one or not, I say GO FOR IT. They are amazing sounding and super comfortable for the price (which is ridiculous!)

CoreyT
04-15-2013, 08:58 AM
Mine is pretty much just the gray/black, I do not think I have seen a tint of green in mine.

http://pnw4runners.com/guitar_stuff/skb/1.jpg

bretwomack
04-15-2013, 09:12 AM
has anyone else got a GreyBlackGreen finish on theirs?

My buddy's has a green tint to it in certain light and I think it looks great. Has a fairly "quilty" flame to it too.