PDA

View Full Version : How to drain the Battery in the P22

Rango
10-20-2012, 08:28 PM
Learned something new about the P22 and though I'd share and maybe save somebody else a couple of bucks...

I’ve been through a couple of batteries on the P22. I figured out I drained the first one by leaveing the cable plugged in in the Piezo side. So I figured if I could leave the G50 transmitter plugged in on the MAG/Piezo 1/4” Jack as long as I had the mini switch in the electric pickups only position... WRONG. Second battery lasted about a week. Lessoned learned - keep cables out of the 1/4” unless you’re playing - to extend battery life. ;)

wilerty
10-20-2012, 08:42 PM
I've learned that lesson ... Too many times.

rugerpc
10-20-2012, 08:48 PM
Seems to be the norm for battery operated piezo systems. Leave them unplugged until you are ready to play....

leeasam
10-20-2012, 08:59 PM
I guess that makes sense! I always unplug my guitars anyway when not playing them. I have seen way too many times where someone walks through and trips over chord and well when it is still plugged in!:o

Rango
10-20-2012, 09:13 PM
I guess that makes sense! I always unplug my guitars anyway when not playing them. I have seen way too many times where someone walks through and trips over chord and well when it is still plugged in!:o

Oh ya, not taking that chance! ;)

But the G50 Transmitter in clipped on the strap and my fear was the loose 1/4" swinging around could ding something.

PRSHB2
10-20-2012, 10:17 PM
After 3.5 years the battery in my HBII died, however that only happened because I finally forgot to unplug it.