PDA

View Full Version : Locking down tremolo

deanproxy
10-22-2012, 11:30 PM
Is it considered bad to fully tighten the two claw screws to bring the rear of the tremolo bridge down to meet the body of the guitar? I've found this helps a lot with drop tunings by not forcing me to have to tune every string once I go down on the E string... I wasn't sure if this should be avoided or what...

justmund
10-23-2012, 12:07 AM
Is it considered bad to fully tighten the two claw screws to bring the rear of the tremolo bridge down to meet the body of the guitar? I've found this helps a lot with drop tunings by not forcing me to have to tune every string once I go down on the E string... I wasn't sure if this should be avoided or what...

I would think doing this would mess with your action and intonation, I recommend using an aftermarket product such as a "Tremol-No", or you could just buy another PRS and keep one Drop D all the time...

bretwomack
10-23-2012, 02:18 AM
Everywhere I've read says to keep the bridge parallel to the body of the guitar. I don't know if it causes any damage, but I would probably try the Tremol-No just to be safe. I've also heard of putting a block of wood behind the trem block to make it stable yet parallel.

TDPRS1
10-23-2012, 05:42 PM
I installed the Tremol- No on my 96 Cu24 with no problems & works perfect!

AaeCee
10-23-2012, 10:48 PM
On a PRS with its 'knife edge' trem it should not be done. It could damage the trem. Use something like the Tremol-no as mentioned above.