PDA

View Full Version : ELECTION TIME! (DGT Fan Club)

Pages : [1] 2

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
10-24-2012, 02:44 PM
EDIT: If you'd like to read the debate before voting, see posts 158 through 234.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ ★★★★★★★★★★★★★
Yup, that's right! It's election time for the President and VP of the DGT Club.

Kevin (BostonGuitar) and Mike Duncan are the incumbents and there appear to be (despite some big talk a few years ago) no challengers. So here's the line in the sand. If you intend to run for DGT Club President, choose your running mate and announce your candidacy in THIS thread by 11:59PM this Friday night (Oct 26th).

I will organize the voting; which will be begin at 8:19PM on November 4th and END at 8:19PM (Mountain Time) on Tuesday the 6th of November.

The winner will hold the title for the next four years (unless he is successfully impeached).

This is supposed to be fun. PLEASE... Do not let discussions concerning "other elections" appear in this thread. I'm asking nicely.

BostonGuitar
10-24-2012, 02:59 PM
-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;26912']★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ ★★★★★★★★★★★★★
Yup, that's right! It's election time for the President and VP of the DGT Club.

Kevin (BostonGuitar) and Mike Duncan are the incumbents and there appear to be (despite some big talk a few years ago) no challengers. So here's the line in the sand. If you intend to run for DGT Club President, choose your running mate and announce your candidacy in THIS thread by 11:59PM this Friday night (Oct 26th).

I will organize the election; which will be held on November 4th. If no one challenges Kevin and Mike by the date noted above, they automatically win.

The winner will hold the title for the next four years (unless he is successfully impeached).

This is supposed to be fun. PLEASE... Do not let discussions concerning "other elections" appear in this thread. I'm asking nicely.

Your incumbent President approves of this message... :cool: :box:

iahawk36
10-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Duncan may actually be up for the Prez position as he currently has one more DGT than the incumbent!! :D

sergiodeblanc
10-24-2012, 03:32 PM
Duncan may actually be up for the Prez position as he currently has one more DGT than the incumbent!! :D

Then why does he refuse to show us his hangtags? Is he hiding something? I want to see receipts! Where are the receipts?! Welcome to the no spin zone.:evil:

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
10-24-2012, 04:05 PM
Then why does he refuse to show us his hangtags? Is he hiding something? I want to see receipts! Where are the receipts?! Welcome to the no spin zone.:evil:

:rofl:

BostonGuitar
10-24-2012, 04:09 PM

He has long conceded that he does not desire to run for my office. We are a team...

Fox77
10-24-2012, 04:32 PM
With my none- more-black DGT Std in hand I would like to announce my candidacy for a cabinet post: the DGT Secretary of... Metal \m/

:D

I'll serve under any President and VP as long as I can spread my message of DGT and metal amongst the people!

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
10-24-2012, 04:36 PM
A note has been sent to Mr. Grissom with a link to this thread. Look sharp.

BostonGuitar
10-24-2012, 05:33 PM
-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;26932']A note has been sent to Mr. Grissom with a link to this thread. Look sharp.

Ahyaint scurred... :flute:

But y'all better put your big boy pants on... :rolleyes:

Buildermike
10-24-2012, 06:12 PM
As a voting member with a '08 and '11 as credentials, I cast my vote for Kevin for Prez and Mr. Duncan, a fellow Virginian on the other side of IAD, as Vice Prez. I guess I'm biased for reasons that maybe apparent, at lest to the the two candidates.

dprather
10-24-2012, 06:20 PM
I just want a better cabinet position. I was placed so low I forgot my own title.

:(

Harker1440
10-24-2012, 09:11 PM
Hmmm should I ? I've bought sold and traded more dgts than both incumbents combined. Besides that I have Goldie a Pre Production 2007 DGT methinks I should seek council with the masses?
What say you ?

BostonGuitar
10-24-2012, 09:38 PM
Hmmm should I ? I've bought sold and traded more dgts than both incumbents combined. Besides that I have Goldie a Pre Production 2007 DGT methinks I should seek council with the masses?
What say you ?

Mr. Secretary, you have indeed bought, sold, and traded more PRSi than most, and even more DGTi than most, but lest you forget that I was the original owner of Todd's Relic, and BuilderMike's(formerly Larry the PaintGuy's) black DGT with early birds, as well as owning my original '08 early birded goldtop and new(thanks to you) '12 FBM DGTS...

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
10-24-2012, 10:22 PM
What say you ?No one is running against Kevin and Mike yet. Unless someone throws their name in the hat, this discussion dies in a few days.

What fun would that be?

sergiodeblanc
10-25-2012, 12:43 AM
Where is the courage and spirt in democracy? Don't all of you DGT owners know that it is a forum given right to run for President? What would you say to the less fortunate among you that by birthright or finance are unable to compete for President, what kind of message does that send the SE, Mira, and CE owners about the importance and validity of your hierarchy??

Winning unopposed would be an empty victory for Kevin, it might make him feel like the title is of limited importance which could in turn negatively effect the performance of his duties, and the DGT Fan Club could lose all it has fought so hard on the internet for.

Ask yourself what it means to not participate in advancement.
What if David just stuck with a PRS Standard 24 gold-top, where would the development of the PRS line be?

"The test of leadership is not to put greatness into humanity, but to elicit it, for the greatness is already there."
James Buchanan-15th President of the United States and true inspiration of the SD JB Hum-Bucher.

Boogie
10-25-2012, 06:18 AM
Where's the mud slinging??!! Unless it has been replaced with stripper jello wrestling, then I approve THAT message. :cool:

rugerpc
10-25-2012, 08:15 AM
Why, I ask, why must one own a DGT to be considered for club president or VP?? HUH? Huh??

I don't have a DGT of any flavor and don't see one in my future, at least for the coming 'term'. I DO have a nice McRosy which is an ancestor of the DGT - but I don't want to pander here as I see the incumbent(s) doing...

I won't even mention that I was the first one to offer a helpful post in this thread (http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?1863-Storyville-Grissom-What-Passes-For-Love-Chord-Help) dealing with DGh and that the current prez is conspicuously absent and that the VP only weighed in at post #12... No, I wouldn't mention THAT.

So, is this like real politics where you have to be born with a silver DGT in your mouth to even be considered?? HUH? Is it?

aristotle
10-25-2012, 08:30 AM
We deserver better than to be represented by some oligarchy dedicated to maintaining the status quo. I therefore announce my candidacy.

I have lots of BIG IDEAS for BIG CHANGE.

For starters, DGT has too many letters for many in our electorate who aren't the best at spelling. Let's all agree that we need to remove the "T" from DGT....

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k493/trmckn/dgt-ga40-1.jpg

I'd also like to announce my intent to nominate rugerpc as my running mate. I like the cut of his jib, and it's maverick ideas like his that will shake things up....

Albrecht Smuten
10-25-2012, 08:33 AM
So, is this like real politics where you have to be born with a silver DGT in your mouth to even be considered?? HUH? Is it?

Come join us, we don't need no stinkin' president in the Anarchy States of Student Edition...

rugerpc
10-25-2012, 08:51 AM
We deserver better than to be represented by some oligarchy dedicated to maintaining the status quo. I therefore announce my candidacy.

For starters, DGT has too many letters for many in our electorate who aren't the best at spelling. Let's all agree that we need to remove the "T" from DGT....

I'd also like to announce my intent to nominate rugerpc as my running mate. I like the cut of his jib, and it's maverick ideas like his that will shake things up....

Well,,, (digs toe in sand)

I accept - on one condition, I want Albrecht Smuten for my Chief of Staff. That way if Aristotle gets a bit too wonky, I can stage a coup... Don't let Aristotle read that last part.

I'll be faithful and true. Until I'm not. Er... strike that last part too....

Really, Aristotle - you have my full and loyal support.

A DGT in every house! (especially mine - I'm expecting quite a bit of graft)

Harker1440
10-25-2012, 09:08 AM
Ok I'm in for the fun of it

Harker for Emperor of DGT Land 2012

Albrecht Smuten
10-25-2012, 09:31 AM
I accept - on one condition, I want Albrecht Smuten for my Chief of Staff.

(ahem... ignore my previous post) I take the job. After all, I'm the one playing the camo Korg X50.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/75/Korg_X50_Camouflage.jpg

BostonGuitar
10-25-2012, 09:57 AM
Where is the courage and spirt in democracy? Don't all of you DGT owners know that it is a forum given right to run for President? What would you say to the less fortunate among you that by birthright or finance are unable to compete for President, what kind of message does that send the SE, Mira, and CE owners about the importance and validity of your hierarchy??

Winning unopposed would be an empty victory for Kevin, it might make him feel like the title is of limited importance which could in turn negatively effect the performance of his duties, and the DGT Fan Club could lose all it has fought so hard on the internet for.

Ask yourself what it means to not participate in advancement.
What if David just stuck with a PRS Standard 24 gold-top, where would the development of the PRS line be?

"The test of leadership is not to put greatness into humanity, but to elicit it, for the greatness is already there."
James Buchanan-15th President of the United States and true inspiration of the SD JB Hum-Bucher.

^^^Brilliant^^^

Where's the mud slinging??!! Unless it has been replaced with stripper jello wrestling, then I approve THAT message. :cool:

Mudslinging can be found in aisle 8, in the "Woodstock '94" section...

Why, I ask, why must one own a DGT to be considered for club president or VP?? HUH? Huh??

I don't have a DGT of any flavor and don't see one in my future, at least for the coming 'term'. I DO have a nice McRosy which is an ancestor of the DGT - but I don't want to pander here as I see the incumbent(s) doing...

I won't even mention that I was the first one to offer a helpful post in this thread (http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?1863-Storyville-Grissom-What-Passes-For-Love-Chord-Help) dealing with DGh and that the current prez is conspicuously absent and that the VP only weighed in at post #12... No, I wouldn't mention THAT.

Uhhh... no... One has to be born with a Goldtop/Darkback DGT to be considered... :biggrin:

Private Stock DGs earns you a seat at the table... Not sure about your running mate... Perhaps "DG" can henceforth be known as "Dave's Guitar". Moreover, I would like to maybe rename it to "DGG" for "Dave Grissom's Guitar". We can call it "DiG"... :beer:

Emperor? You would have to take the club by hostile takeover/coup to accomplish that title... :box:

Rango
10-25-2012, 10:01 AM
I'm waiting to see if there is a candidate with some BOLD idea's out there like

A PDTG model in someone's platform....

Everything's better with Pie! (zo)

rugerpc
10-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Uhhh... no... One has to be born with a Goldtop/Darkback DGT to be considered... :biggrin:

You see what I'm on about?!?

The nerve. The belittling. The class warfare. The aristocracy!

Gotta put down the little guy just 'cause I ain't got no DGT...

And look who's making the rules... the sitting Prez sayin' ya gotta have this or that - methinks he's just Gerrymandering to protect his cushy seat.

Are we gonna settle for this people? Rule and dictum by fiat from the 'haves'? What about us 'have-nots'?

Aristotle.rugerpc for the rest of us.!
Down with the smirking dismissers!
Up with the proletariat!
Power (and DGTs) to the people!

rugerpc
10-25-2012, 10:31 AM

aristotle/rugerpc promise a PDGT during our term - unless we just can't make it happen....

Maybe even a PDG...

or even a DGDGBD DGT tuned and optimized that way from the factory....

and for themike, a DGT7. Plug THAT into your wish list!

aristotle/rugerpc giving you options - not the same ole same ole

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
10-25-2012, 10:48 AM
Just a quick note to say "Thank You" to everyone for keeping this thread on the fun side of the line.

Anyone else? You have a little over 24 more hours to announce your candidacy.

aristotle
10-25-2012, 11:39 AM
aristotle/rugerpc promise a PDGT during our term - unless we just can't make it happen....

Maybe even a PDG...

or even a DGDGBD DGT tuned and optimized that way from the factory....

and for themike, a DGT7. Plug THAT into your wish list!

I am aristotle, and I approve this message...

Harker1440
10-25-2012, 11:49 AM

I could show you that of which you ask but first I need to be elected
For the record its Very Cool!!! ;)

Goldtop
10-25-2012, 12:00 PM
It that a hanging chad, or is your vibrato bar loose?

Goldtop

Rango
10-25-2012, 12:15 PM
I could show you that of which you ask but first I need to be elected
For the record its Very Cool!!! ;)

I bet!

:)

How about a good faith PEEK at it....
(seems so wrong saying that to a dude.... LOL!!!)

rugerpc
10-25-2012, 12:56 PM
Lest someone say it ain't so, here is my McRosie - a proud ancestor to the DGT...

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Guitars/PRS%20Core%20Electric/McRW1.jpg

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Guitars/PRS%20Core%20Electric/McRW2.jpg

'cause, without the McCarty, there would be no DGT...

BostonGuitar
10-25-2012, 01:13 PM
Lest someone say it ain't so, here is my McRosie - a proud ancestor to the DGT...

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Guitars/PRS%20Core%20Electric/McRW1.jpg

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Guitars/PRS%20Core%20Electric/McRW2.jpg

'cause, without the McCarty, there would be no DGT...

I have had a McCarty or McCarty derrivative guitar in my hands since 1995. You, Mr Quayle, are no McCarty player...

sergiodeblanc
10-25-2012, 01:41 PM
Well it seems we have a race brewing ladies and gentlemen.

The left wing(ed tuners) led by Aristotle/Rugerpc have already released a statement promising a DGT in every home, no response yet from the incumbent who, like most right wing(ed tuners) values fiscal responsibility over reckless spending (the man owns only three guitars, two of which are DGTs). It will be interesting to see how voters in Scarlett Red states react to the potential appointment of a hat wearing foreigner as their Chief of Staff, typically men with hats poll better in Whale Blue states so Albrecht's addition to the cabinet may potentially harm them there.

Will the Eriza Green party ever get its act together and get in the race? There has been rumors that a Harker/Rango pairing might make it to the polls if Craig would only show a "good faith PEEK" of his proposed policy changes, it is to early to see if the inclusion of a third party would dilute voters from being able to unseat Boston/Duncan.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
10-25-2012, 01:46 PM
How about a "good faith PLEK" instead?

rugerpc
10-25-2012, 03:16 PM
I have had a McCarty or McCarty derrivative guitar in my hands since 1995. You, Mr Quayle, are no McCarty player...

HA! I struck a nerve. Even when faced with proof of my bona fide, the incumbent stoops to slander and dismissiveness. I ask you, dear voters, is this leadership? Derision from the top? Snobbery I say!

Well, Mr. I-Had-One-Before-You-Did, don't you be shaking your demigogeral finger at me. Because when you do so, you poo poo all the rest of the masses who weren't birthed holding on to two volume knobs at the same time.

Well it seems we have a race brewing ladies and gentlemen.

The left wing(ed tuners) led by Aristotle/Rugerpc have already released a statement promising a DGT in every home, no response yet from the incumbent who, like most right wing(ed tuners) values fiscal responsibility over reckless spending (the man owns only three guitars, two of which are DGTs). It will be interesting to see how voters in Scarlett Red states react to the potential appointment of a hat wearing foreigner as their Chief of Staff, typically men with hats poll better in Whale Blue states so Albrecht's addition to the cabinet may potentially harm them there.

Will the Eriza Green party ever get its act together and get in the race? There has been rumors that a Harker/Rango pairing might make it to the polls if Craig would only show a "good faith PEEK" of his proposed policy changes, it is to early to see if the inclusion of a third party would dilute voters from being able to unseat Boston/Duncan.

Oh, I see. The spin zone. Waste not your sputum trying to label the aristotle/rugerpc ticket, gentleman. for I shall lay it bare like the finish on the neck of my McRosie...

We are NOT, Left, rather further Right of the incumbents. We stand for the people, not big cluberment. The rights and freedoms of the individual are paramount to us and we embrase the level playing field with opportunity for all, not just those with swollen I Got Mine First attitudes.

Where the incumbent values what is HIS, we value what can be ours if we work hard at it. Just the other day, I learned my alphabet and next week, I'm starting on colors. I don't see the incumbent striving for self-improvement unless you count knocking off others to make oneself look good (passable).

Carabma! the fish stinks from the head down!

crgtr
10-25-2012, 03:24 PM
I guess I would be the anti-DGT prez. I have defiled my DGT STD with multiple insertions of foreign electronic. Subjected Mr Clean to hot solder and other unspeakable torture. I do love my boy "Mr Clean", but he is no longer pure in heart. I would support the candidate that doesn't shun the molestation of these fine creatures. I can only hope that the vintage DGT incoming won't suffer the fate the poor Mr Clean has.......

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
10-25-2012, 03:35 PM
That just makes you an "owner" Chris. :flute:

Twinfan
10-25-2012, 03:38 PM

I'm in for your Assistant Emperor - you've got the maple top covered with your pre-production '07, I've got the latest and greatest in a '12 Standard (and Iused to own an '08 Goldie) :beer:

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r267/junkacct/Guitar%20stuff/2012-07-22124800.jpg

Harker1440
10-25-2012, 03:57 PM
I'm in for your Assistant Emperor - you've got the maple top covered with your pre-production '07, I've got the latest and greatest in a '12 Standard (and Iused to own an '08 Goldie) :beer:

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r267/junkacct/Guitar%20stuff/2012-07-22124800.jpg

OK Its Official Then !!
I Now annouce the canidates for the Eriza Green Party

Harker / Twinfan 2012

With my previous cabinet experience and Old Gold's support and Twin's international connections and PS ties I feel that we can reach a broader more WORLDWIDE audience and consolidate the base and push for a Limited Run Piezo Equipped DGT- The Ultimate Gig Ready Guitar !!!!

I also want to annouce that if elected CRGTR will be the Sec of Social Media for my campaign

rugerpc
10-25-2012, 04:08 PM
I guess I would be the anti-DGT prez. I have defiled my DGT STD with multiple insertions of foreign electronic. Subjected Mr Clean to hot solder and other unspeakable torture. I do love my boy "Mr Clean", but he is no longer pure in heart. I would support the candidate that doesn't shun the molestation of these fine creatures. I can only hope that the vintage DGT incoming won't suffer the fate the poor Mr Clean has.......

The aristotle/rugerpc ticket stands for the oppressed masses - even if they did it to themselves. As the incumbents love to point out, the VP candidate on the ticket doesn't even own a DGT...

But we are about inclusion - not division. The DGT club should be open to all who appreciate the DGT, whether they own one or not, whether they mod it or not. You won't hear that from the sitting Prez or VP. They would shun you as they have me. But like you, I am a man. If my guitar string breaks, do I not cry and bleed when the tip of the new string pricks me?

I'd like to make something else clear. Our ticket does not promise to provide the masses with DGTs, only that the masses should have access to DGTs.

In fact, we have a simple 5 step plan to help everyone reach the goal of a DGT in every home.
1. Get a job
2. Earn a few kilobucks
3. Order a DGT
4. Pay for your DGT
5. Enjoy your DGT.

The incumbents don't have any path to ownership as simple as that or we would have seen it by now.

rugerpc
10-25-2012, 04:22 PM
OK Its Official Then !!

Harker / Twinfan 2012

OH! More fish in the fryer...

Welcome to the race. May the odds ever be in your favor, wink wink.

Harker1440
10-25-2012, 04:31 PM
The aristotle/rugerpc ticket stands for the oppressed masses - even if they did it to themselves. As the incumbents love to point out, the VP candidate on the ticket doesn't even own a DGT...

and Thus The Mudslinging and Disinformation begins !!!!

rugerpc
10-25-2012, 04:36 PM
and Thus The Mudslinging and Disinformation begins !!!!

Watch yer back - he'll be after you next....

Harker1440
10-25-2012, 04:49 PM
Watch yer back - he'll be after you next....
I was just pointing out the inaccuracy fo your election platform statement

rugerpc
10-25-2012, 05:07 PM
I was just pointing out the inaccuracy fo your election platform statement

I was speaking of the VP on our ticket - me. So, your accusation of mud-slinging is inaccurate.

The incumbent Prez doesn't like that I don't own a DGT. He would exclude me and anyone else from the club on those grounds.
I think the DGT club should be inclusive like this forum. We welcome people who like PRSi even if they don't own one yet.

Harker1440
10-25-2012, 05:28 PM
I don't own a DGT.
Enough said

rugerpc
10-25-2012, 05:43 PM
Enough said

You're a little late to that party. Sadly, it appears your ticket will employ the same exclusionary tactics as the incumbents.

Will no one speak for those who even just appreciate the DGT?

aristotle/rugerpc - the only snub-free choice.

aristotle
10-25-2012, 05:57 PM
Clearly, I've chosen my running mate wisely, which should provide an indication to all of you doubters about just how good my judgement is.

Regarding crgtr, have any of you guys heard him play in those fancy-pants demos that he does? Talk about elite! How can he possibly represent the common man???

And Harker??? Come on! I recall a recent post where the two of them were gigging together I think!!!!

No people....you deserve a couple of common folk from the great state of Maryland who know to represent your interests because we're like you! OK, I'd enlighten you all more, but I have a plane to catch. Carry on rugerpc.....

Harker1440
10-25-2012, 06:13 PM
Regarding crgtr, have any of you guys heard him play in those fancy-pants demos that he does? Talk about elite! How can he possibly represent the common man???

And Harker??? Come on! I recall a recent post where the two of them were gigging together I think!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOZTOPsk8sA&feature=relmfu

Harker1440
10-25-2012, 06:18 PM
Will no one speak for those who even just appreciate the DGT?

How can you lead a club when youve never enjoyed the comfort and feel of which the club stands for??

rugerpc
10-25-2012, 06:37 PM
How can you lead a club when youve never enjoyed the comfort and feel of which the club stands for??

Oh, my. What a telling elitist mistake.... My opponent assumes I have never even touched a DGT, much less played one and lusted thereafter. Do you see the elitism? The common people who appreciate and yearn for their very own DGT are to be excluded by the other tickets.

Do you love and appreciate the DGT? Do you see the wisdom of our 5 step plan to ownership? Are you tired of being put-down by the current ruling class and their wannabes?

aristotle/rugerpc - where admission to the club is not contingent upon material possessions. We understand your passion - even if it is currently from afar.

Mike Duncan
10-25-2012, 06:52 PM
I like to think of myself as the Benevolent Vice-Dictator of the DGT Aristocracy.

I'm also terrifyingly and disturbingly armed to the teeth and slightly off balance...

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/563099_10150717108977412_759075364_n.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/166384_484142627411_6250935_n.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/224685_10150188706532412_2468655_n.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/310148_10151173226592412_2061034081_n.jpg

crgtr
10-25-2012, 07:23 PM
I just want to know where my "fancy" pants are?

rugerpc
10-25-2012, 08:18 PM
RED

and, uh, BLUE

See - I'm already working on my colors.....

I understand that both of those colors are in my signature, though I'm not absolutely certain yet which is which.

I'm also armed to the teeth, though I don't just pose with guns, I actually shoot them.

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/Vectorshotadj.jpg

Able to defend the rights of DGT owners and non-owners:

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/BILL.jpg

Mike Duncan
10-25-2012, 09:42 PM
Or at least get photographed while shooting them.

Kevin, we need some media to follow us along in outlet day-to-day happenings in the DGT World!

Mike Duncan
10-25-2012, 09:51 PM
For the record....that photo was taken without my knowledge and yes, it's true, there is no magazine in that weapon. Strictly getting a feel for the collapsible stock. No one was harmed during that photo op.

markie
10-25-2012, 10:10 PM
I am an Independent & still undecided........................... just say'in :dontknow:

BostonGuitar
10-25-2012, 11:09 PM
You can go with this...

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/BostonGuitar/YouCanGoWithThis.jpg

sergiodeblanc
10-26-2012, 01:05 AM
:biggrin:In the No Spin Zone i call 'em as I see 'em, I have no specific ties to any party and lack the basic requirements to run for the presidency: DGT ownership. I have my own culture and values that have been handed down through decades by other proud Classic'o Electrians, and would view a "non-owner" (not to be confused with the unofficial PRS Lexicon"owner" definition) attempting to run for office of my sector an act of aggression. Usually there is a hidden agenda that would drive such behavior, some ulterior motive.....

Lest someone say it ain't so, here is my McRosie - a proud ancestor to the DGT..'cause, without the McCarty, there would be no DGT...

I will tell you what that is folks, straight up, unabashed, do I really have to say it?.. Do I?.... Neo-Mc'Cartyism. Enough said, or is there?

We are NOT, Left, rather further Right of the incumbent!

Here it seems as though Rugerpc is making a declaration that the Aristotle/Rugerpc campaign are running on the premise that they are members of the far-right Ten(top) Party. The Ten Party is known to throw around the second amendment of Paul's "Rules for Tone" whenever they are threatened, so todays posting should really come as no surprise to savvy voters.

the VP candidate on the ticket doesn't even own a DGT...In fact, we have a simple 5 step plan to help everyone reach the goal of a DGT in every home.
1. Get a job
Translation: 47% of you feel entitled to a DGT.
I read mention of being more adept to serve because of close proximity to the factory, but I don't want to go there. "We can see Stevensville across the bay!"

Clearly, I've chosen my running mate wisely, which should provide an indication to all of you doubters about just how good my judgement is. OK, I'd enlighten you all more, but I have a plane to catch. Carry on rugerpc.....

No mention of a DGT SE, to busy to talk policy, just talk of airplanes, and he's probably flying posh business class too... the "People's Party" platform is over.

I have to say that I do really like some aspects of this team though, their self-assuredness cannot be denied, and if they can focus on a concise running platform, they have the image that it takes to go all the way, I just hope the DGT ownership question will not be brought up anymore.

OK Its Official Then !!

Harker / Twinfan 2012

The inclusion of Twinfan has put some muscle behind this team, my hope is that the importance of office will make Harker commit to his DGT,help end his guitar flipping affliction, and bring peace to his universe. Only time will tell what their ideology and strategy is.

OH!! There it is! You know who else is Eriza Green?!

THE HULK!!! That's who!:top:

Twinfan
10-26-2012, 02:05 AM
I would just like to point out that the current Prez does not appreciate the DGT in it's true form - he always feels the need to modify them in some way, be that with pickups or "decorative appointments".

Vote Harker/Twinfan - the purists choice.

Albrecht Smuten
10-26-2012, 03:45 AM
It will be interesting to see how voters in Scarlett Red states react to the potential appointment of a hat wearing foreigner as their Chief of Staff

I'm a military officer. We are supposed to wear hats, Mr. helmet wearing political reporter ;)

aristotle
10-26-2012, 05:21 AM
The current administration has NO NEW IDEAS, and is completely removed from the concerns of the people.

Harker and Twinfan are both different sides of the same bad penny. They are appologists with regards to the DGT and have even suggested that changing pickups is enough to disqualify a guitar from being considered a DGT in a recent thread!!!

Twinfan
10-26-2012, 05:36 AM
Purity is all in the world of the DGT...

Harker1440
10-26-2012, 06:17 AM
We need an SE DGT so that the joy of ownership can be experienced by all!!!!

crgtr
10-26-2012, 06:19 AM
Purity be damned! I want the same rights as Dr Frankenstein!

Twinfan
10-26-2012, 06:20 AM
:D

Harker1440
10-26-2012, 06:26 AM
you got something for me Dr?

rugerpc
10-26-2012, 09:48 AM
It's been a busy night. The incumbent Dictator/Aristocrat Party and the Evil Empire Eriza Green Party are unraveling before our very eyes. Let's have a look in their own words...

OK Its Official Then !!

Harker / Twinfan 2012

With my previous cabinet experience and Old Gold's support and Twin's international connections and PS ties I feel that we can reach a broader more WORLDWIDE audience and consolidate the base and push for a Limited Run Piezo Equipped DGT- The Ultimate Gig Ready Guitar !!!!

I also want to annouce that if elected CRGTR will be the Sec of Social Media for my campaign

Thus was born the Empire aspiring Eriza Green Party in a beer-soaked meeting between the two power-mad candidates. The inclusion of CRGTR as Secretary of Social Media will come back to haunt them later as a clear rift appears.

And the incumbents fare no better. The snobbery from the top continues with veiled threats of violence and an admission of a bit of instability:

[B]Uhhh... no... One has to be born with a Goldtop/Darkback DGT to be considered... :biggrin:

I like to think of myself as the Benevolent Vice-Dictator of the DGT Aristocracy.

I'm also terrifyingly and disturbingly armed to the teeth and slightly off balance...

It seems that my initial early assessment of the incumbents was spot on. They intend to continue their despotic rule by fiat from above with no voice for the people they supposedly represent or claim to 'lead'. The VP in particular seems to be missing an oar as evidenced by his viking-capped mugshot. Also released by the campaign was a photo of the VP aiming a gun at a photographer...

For the record....that photo was taken without my knowledge and yes, it's true, there is no magazine in that weapon. Strictly getting a feel for the collapsible stock. No one was harmed during that photo op.

So, we are to believe that the VP was NOT assaulting the media for some recent bad press and that he knew that his weapon was not loaded. The aristotle/rugerpc ticket fully supports gun ownership for sane members, but strongly condemns horseplay with firearms. My own photos of responsible firearm use are proof enough.

Here it seems as though Rugerpc is making a declaration that the Aristotle/Rugerpc campaign are running on the premise that they are members of the far-right Ten(top) Party. The Ten Party is known to throw around the second amendment of Paul's "Rules for Tone" whenever they are threatened, so todays posting should really come as no surprise to savvy voters.

True to form, the Manic-Stream Media has painted yet another inaccurate picture of the aristotle/rugerpc team. While we take Paul's Rules for Tone as de rigueur, we are not the ultra-right Ten Top Party. We stand slightly right of center (far to the right of the ultra-liberal ruling class Clumerment from the top incumbents), firmly by and for the people in the Equal Temperament Party. As we are all aware, the Equal Temperament party is a consensus party seeking not just bi-partisan, but multi-partisan agreement in all matters, especially with regards to the rights of adjacent members. DGT club members can expect under our leadership equal opportunities, rights and freedoms. No Aristoctaric Dictatorship or Power-Hungry Empire can even begin to provide the same egalitarian, multi-partisan treatment.

On a related note:

I would just like to point out that the current Prez does not appreciate the DGT in it's true form - he always feels the need to modify them in some way, be that with pickups or "decorative appointments".

Vote Harker/Twinfan - the purists choice.

The irony of it all. The Eriza Green party's proposed Secretary of Social media has been publicly ostracized by the VP candidate. Earlier in the campaign, aristotle mistakenly identified CRGTR as a 'fancy pants'. We dearly and sincerely regret this appellation. In defense of my running mate, he was mislead by CRGTR's past close association with Harker. But this seems to be all in the past now:

Here we have clear evidence of Harker seeking a bribe, a pay for play, from the beleaguered CRGTR. We have a message for him. CRGTR's extensive mods to his DGT are in no way upsetting to the aristotle/rugerpc ticket. We welcome him with unjudging open arms. We won't attempt to buy his support as the Eriza Green Party is attempting, it is enough to know that he is accepted for who he is.

More from the Manic-Stream Media:

Translation: 47% of you feel entitled to a DGT.
I read mention of being more adept to serve because of close proximity to the factory, but I don't want to go there. "We can see Stevensville across the bay!"

No mention of a DGT SE, to busy to talk policy, just talk of airplanes, and he's probably flying posh business class too... the "People's Party" platform is over.

I have to say that I do really like some aspects of this team though, their self-assuredness cannot be denied, and if they can focus on a concise running platform, they have the image that it takes to go all the way, I just hope the DGT ownership question will not be brought up anymore.

Further inaccurate dissembling! the Equal Temperament Party does say "a DGT in every home", but not through big Cluberment as our 5 step plan illustrates. We don't feel that 47% feel entitled to a DGT, we recognize that 100% deserve a path to DGT. The media seeks to paint us as anti-welfare when there isn't any welfare in the DGT club to begin with! The only welfare we see is the 5 martini lunches the Manic-Stream Media reporter takes on his company's dime....

And the recent trip taken by aristotle is misrepresented as well. Now that he is back, we can reveal that aristotle took a red-eye coach flight to the far east PRS factory on a fact finding mission to explore the possibilities of an SE DGT. You see! We were there LONG before the Eriza Green Party. We are currently searching our organization for the leak that clued in the opposition.

The aristotle/rugerpc ticket from the Equal Temperament party has consistently given your information as to our plans. The other candidates can only seem to snipe from the edges and attempt to steal our platform planks. I'll summarize.

New models:
even a PDG...
a DGDGBD DGT tuned and optimized that way from the factory....
a DGT7...
a SE DGT

Our simple 5 step plan to help everyone reach the goal of a DGT in every home.
1. Get a job
2. Earn a few kilobucks
3. Order a DGT
4. Pay for your DGT
5. Enjoy your DGT.

aristotle/rugerpc we can't just see the factory from here, it's like our second homes.

BostonGuitar
10-26-2012, 09:53 AM
Purity? What is more pure than tone? Did purity stop DGh from wanting to take a PRS Standard to a McCarty? Or did purity stop DGh from taking a McTrem to a DGT, with a darkback on a goldtop? Should the quest for tone and innovation be halted in the name of purity? I have a 57/08 TREBLE pickup in the neck of my first DGT because it sounds better in THAT wood. I have appointment changes here and there to OWN my DGTi. And for all those calling me an elitist, I find it amusing that you look through your flametop glasses at my OPAQUE topped DGTi as elitist. Mike and I are workingman's DGTers. Purists in the sense of the DGT as a tool to achieve magic through music. The DGT is something that history will show as a modern classic, as revered as the hallowed hero guitars of the 50's. Mike and I understand this, and it is not about a flametop. A DGT for every guitarist's hands? Ambitious as putting a laptop/tablet in every child's hands. But we are A LOT closer than we were to that goal than we were 4 years ago. 4 more years of the Kevin/Mike ticket will show the same progress for the DGT we are all here to support and cherish.

I'm Kevin Prefontaine and I approve of this message.

Twinfan
10-26-2012, 09:59 AM
No, the quest for tone should not be halted in the name of purity. But you are not running for President of Tone, you are running to represent the DGT model. Currently, you appear to be running to represent your own personal DGT(s) on some foolhardy quest for YOUR TONE? I would suggest that limits and alienates your elecorate somewhat.

Vote Harker/Twinfan, vote for DGT purity.

rugerpc
10-26-2012, 10:13 AM
While the Dictator party and the Empire party argue over who's guitar has larger cajones, we at the Equal Temperament Party welcome everyone who yearns for a DGT of any stripe - old, new, factory fresh or modified almost beyond recognition. We represent you, the oppressed masses.

aristotle/rugerpc - so unassuming we don't even capitalize our names

crgtr
10-26-2012, 10:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VoK7DjIs2k

BostonGuitar
10-26-2012, 11:26 AM
Tell me again what the DGT club Presidency has to do with "Wheel of Fortune" slots?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/BostonGuitar/DGTPresidentialad.jpg

rugerpc
10-26-2012, 11:37 AM
While the other candidates make glitzy promo videos and web pages, the aristotle/rugerpc team is busy working on new options for the masses.

aristotle's recent trip to SE land yielded this concept: an SE PDGT7:

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Guitars/PRS%20SE%20Electric/SEPDGT7.jpg

while it may be some time before the guitar even gets to pre-production, we are still hard at work for you and working for more DGT choices.

Dirty Bob
10-26-2012, 11:54 AM
Can I write in a vote for Todd...because he was kind enough to share his DGT with those tonally less fortunate? He also overcame the final Debacle of BaM going under and retreived his beloved DGT in the face of tremendous adversity?

Harker1440
10-26-2012, 11:57 AM
the aristotle/rugerpc team is busy SMOKING HOMEGROWN.

aristotle's recent trip to STONER land yielded this PIPE DREAM: an SE PDGT7:

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Guitars/PRS%20SE%20Electric/SEPDGT7.jpg

while it may be NEVER before the guitar even gets to pre-production.

And I'm called an elitist If I were to get a DGT into the SE Line it would be an Original ALL KILLER NO FILLER DGT, not a 7 string monstrosity with a piezo that would only appeal to 1% not the 99% that My Party wishes to represent

Twinfan
10-26-2012, 12:00 PM
Love the video Chris! :top:

rugerpc
10-26-2012, 12:11 PM
Please note that Harker has deliberately and unabashedly misquoted me. Please see MY post for my true words. There is a lot of sour grapes in his post...

The SE PDGT7 is just ONE of the many new models we are exploring. Harker conveniently omits that we also proposed a stark dead-nuts accurate SE version of the DGT. We are about choices, not telling YOU what YOU want.

We are also hoping to work with DGh on all of our design proposals as we are cognisant that he must have the final say and we eagerly seek his input. No model will ever make it to production with the approval of both PRSh and DGh and we offer them our full cooperation.

We are understandably eager, therefore, to get their reactions to the models outlined above as well as the SE PDGT7 and these two mockups:

The DG Rosewood

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Guitars/PRS%20Core%20Electric/dgrw.jpg

and the revolutionary DG Rosewood 6: featuring a volume pot for each individual string:

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Guitars/PRS%20Core%20Electric/dg6rw.jpg

aristotle/rugerpc the Equal Temperament Party for choice and options

Harker1440
10-26-2012, 01:01 PM
Look ruger instead of telling us how or why you would change a perfectly good guitar why don't you go buy borrow rent a dgt and post some video of you playing it. You can't join or lead the club and not own a DGT. Don't want to own one fine then start an appreciation society for the dgt and you can lead that. Sorry but Membership has its Perks

rugerpc
10-26-2012, 01:25 PM
Look ruger instead of telling us how or why you would change a perfectly good guitar why don't you go buy borrow rent a dgt and post some video of you playing it. You can't join or lead the club and not own a DGT. Don't want to own one fine then start an appreciation society for the dgt and you can lead that. Sorry but Membership has its Perks

This is exactly the exclusionary, elitist, Emperor wannabe nonsense that got aristotle and me into the race in the first place.

Harker's reasoning is just as flawed as saying that a man cannot work for the benefit of women. Preposterous!

You see that Harker will smirk and challenge you if you don't yet own a DGT. It is not enough to love them and be in the middle of the aristotle/rugerpc 5 step plan to ownership (currently working on step 2). No, you have to prove ownership before you get access to the secret handshake.

Well, sir, we and the rest of the people call "TURKEY" - er, I mean "FOWL!"

Harker also misrepresents our platform. We are not about changing 'a perfectly good guitar', we see the current DGT staying in the production lie for as long as DGh and PRSh say it should. But we are realists. People want options.

I'll cite YOUR OWN PARTY as evidence that things should not be stagnant. The current color options for a stock DGT are:
Antique White
Black
Goldtop
PRS Tobacco Sunburst
Solana Burst
Sunset Burst

Notice anything missing Mr. Representative of the Eriza Green Party?? HUH? You would deny your own party its signature color??

News Flash - it's about options. You SAY you want a SE version, but under your 'rule' there would be even fewer color options in that line. Any of the Eriza Green Party faithful would have to go to PS or PTC to get their signature color. Just how does THAT jive with wanting to give an inexpensive option to the masses? Your platform is thus revealed as an elitist sham. You, sir, care not for the yearning masses.

Like it or not, the Equal Temperament Party is the voice and hopes of the people.

crgtr
10-26-2012, 02:05 PM
This is just TOO much fun!

sergiodeblanc
10-26-2012, 02:49 PM
Has the Eriza Green Party accepted bribes? Welcome back to the No Spin Zone!

Earlier today Craig "The Hulk" Harker 1440 posted what appeared to be a solicitation for a cabinet post for his dear friend CRGTR.

Normally this would go unnoticed or thought of as a potential guitar flipping deal, but as the race for presidency heats up, nothing can be over looked in the quest of sensational journalism.
VP candidate Twinfan has released a statement attacking any owner of a modified DGT as being seen as "carnal, adulterated, immoral, debased, unrefined, unchaste, and wicked". (or any other synonyms that could be googled on martini four of a five martini lunch)

Shortly after these comments, an ad for their party made by alleged bribe taker CRGTR appeared complete with backing from Wheel of Fortune Slots. For a party to be running on the platform of "purity" this seems to be an odd development, will campaign finance reform issues be a weak spot in the upcoming debates, or will the "Hulk" just smash his way through this issue as well?

Tell me again what the DGT club Presidency has to do with "Wheel of Fortune" slots?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/BostonGuitar/DGTPresidentialad.jpg

LSchefman
10-26-2012, 04:57 PM
Gentlemen and Ladies,

Something very basic is missing here. You're putting cart before horse.

Step One should be a Constitutional Convention. Why?

Because you have no framework of government upon which to base this election. You can't even agree on who is, or is not, eligible for office.

If you have a direct democracy, you don't need officers, everyone simply votes on everything. If you have a representative form of government, you need a framework upon which to run it, whether that framework is a "common law" Constitution, a la Britain, or a document like the US Constitution. In any case, the members of your club should agree on a set of rules to be followed, and then the meaning and interpretation of this compact between the People and the Government can be argued over bitterly ad infinitum. ;)

To not have this document really empowers no one, plus you'll be missing half the fun.

rugerpc
10-26-2012, 06:06 PM
Gentlemen and Ladies,

Something very basic is missing here. You're putting cart before horse.

Step One should be a Constitutional Convention. Why?

Because you have no framework of government upon which to base this election. You can't even agree on who is, or is not, eligible for office.

If you have a direct democracy, you don't need officers, everyone simply votes on everything. If you have a representative form of government, you need a framework upon which to run it, whether that framework is a "common law" Constitution, a la Britain, or a document like the US Constitution. In any case, the members of your club should agree on a set of rules to be followed, and then the meaning and interpretation of this compact between the People and the Government can be argued over bitterly ad infinitum. ;)

To not have this document really empowers no one, plus you'll be missing half the fun.

The aristotle/rugerpc ticket from the Equal Temperament party heartily agrees. WHERE is the Constitution and By-Laws of the Club?? (Shoule it be a 'Constitunetion'?)

Being as we are a party of the people - not Big Cluberment or Empire - we would fully endorse a Constitunetion that was 'of, by and for the people' in the 'pursuit pf DGT happiness' assuring that 'all members are created equal whether they own or merely aspire to own'.. We note that it is the "DGT Club" and not the "DGT Owner's Club" after all...

The lack of a working Constitunetion and By-Laws clearly shows the do-nothing nature of the current administration. UP with the Republic, down with the Oligarchy and Empire!

BostonGuitar
10-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Something the other parties do not have...

wait for it...

Cred(not to be confused with Creed which is related to the Tremonti Model Fan Club):

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/BostonGuitar/GrissomAppointmentFacebookComments.jpg

Dirty Bob
10-26-2012, 06:51 PM

wait for it...

Cred(not to be confused with Creed which is related to the Tremonti Model Fan Club):

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/BostonGuitar/GrissomAppointmentFacebookComments.jpg
That's just awesome!

Hopeful Sinner
10-26-2012, 06:51 PM
I just want to throw my hat in the ring to serve as a cabinet member after the election if any of the candidates would have me. I have a 2012 DGT Standard in Frost Blue Metallic with Birds and I got the ball rolling for Dave on a distribution deal at a cool record chain in Austin he wanted to be with after just one phone call. That's gotta count for something....

BostonGuitar
10-26-2012, 07:01 PM
I just want to throw my hat in the ring to serve as a cabinet member after the election if any of the candidates would have me. I have a 2012 DGT Standard in Frost Blue Metallic with Birds and I got the ball rolling for Dave on a distribution deal at a cool record chain in Austin he wanted to be with after just one phone call. That's gotta count for something....

We would love to have you... :shakehands:

rugerpc
10-26-2012, 07:31 PM

wait for it...

Cred - Schmed. So the current Prez managed to irritate DGh enough on Facebook to get a response. Big Deal.

*I* had a nice little conversation with DGh in person at the Exp2012 in the final assembly room as he was searching for a spare bridge. I remember he was quite engaging and tolerant as I gushed something almost inaudible and mushy like, "I, er, uh just think you're great (blush)!!" To which I received either an indulgent rock on nod or a dismissive glare - I'm not sure which as I was shrinking away....

sergiodeblanc
10-26-2012, 07:39 PM

Who says you can't run yourself? There are a few hours left to announce and speaking of the left, where is the liberal DGT party?

Perhaps you could steal CRGTR from the EV greens now that they have adopted a stance of un-modded purity and have him step up to the plate with you. Nobody would question the validity of your right to office seeing that you both actually own a DGT, Chris has to feel a little uncomfortable with the "purity" aspect of the EV greens, and if they were truly serious about their stance they must only see him as a liability.

Who else has the gentle demeanor to make the incumbent, the Equal Temperament Party, and the EV greens look like extremists? There is a wide open gap waiting for a sane, dedicated, and straight forward party.

A four party system may be the path to true leadership for a very influential DGT fan club.

LSchefman
10-26-2012, 09:09 PM
On a personal level, I think there is some attractiveness to the idea that the child reincarnation of someone like a Duane Allman would make the perfect permanent guitar club leader and spiritual advisor.

You know, like they do to find a new Dalai Lama.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
10-27-2012, 12:14 AM
OK, all of the candidates need to post a consolidated speech (to the voting public) in this thread. Your speech will be copied and pasted into the voting thread so make it good. I needs to clearly articulate:
1) Your qualifications ("funnier than the other guy" is an acceptable qualification)
2) Your VP's qualification(s)
3) What you plan to do for the people - or what you expect the people to do for you
4) Anything else you think is relevant
5) List all of the members of your administration and their role(s)
6) Bonus points: The very best pie recipe

Please give your post an "Official" title so I can easily differentiate it from the rest of the rhet... err... uhh... information you've previously posted.

The 1st and only public debate will be held Monday night at 8PM (Mountain Time).

BostonGuitar
10-27-2012, 04:13 AM
-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;27209']OK, all of the candidates need to post a consolidated speech (to the voting public) in this thread. Your speech will be copied and pasted into the voting thread so make it good. I needs to clearly articulate:
1) Your qualifications ("funnier than the other guy" is an acceptable qualification)
2) Your VP's qualification(s)
3) What you plan to do for the people - or what you expect the people to do for you
4) Anything else you think is relevant
5) List all of the members of your administration and their role(s)
6) Bonus points: The very best pie recipe

Please give your post an "Official" title so I can easily differentiate it from the rest of the rhet... err... uhh... information you've previously posted.

The 1st and only public debate will be held Monday night at 8PM (Mountain Time).

This is all well and good, except at 8 PM Mountain time on Monday, I will be hearing the last notes of feedback at the "deftones" concert at the "House Of Blues" in Boston, and/or I will be weathering the Epic Frankenstorm named Sandy. Not a great time for typing in either case... ;)

But then, maybe that is how you planned it, Mr. Moderator... Hmmmmm... :creep:

crgtr
10-27-2012, 06:56 AM
Who says you can't run yourself? There are a few hours left to announce and speaking of the left, where is the liberal DGT party?

Perhaps you could steal CRGTR from the EV greens now that they have adopted a stance of un-modded purity and have him step up to the plate with you. Nobody would question the validity of your right to office seeing that you both actually own a DGT, Chris has to feel a little uncomfortable with the "purity" aspect of the EV greens, and if they were truly serious about their stance they must only see him as a liability.

Who else has the gentle demeanor to make the incumbent, the Equal Temperament Party, and the EV greens look like extremists? There is a wide open gap waiting for a sane, dedicated, and straight forward party.

A four party system may be the path to true leadership for a very influential DGT fan club.

Hmmnmmm.................

BostonGuitar
10-27-2012, 08:50 AM
What is a DGT?

This is from a different thread, but it has relevance here:

"(Is a DGT still a DGT if you swap pickups?) This is mostly true... The DGT walks the line, because unlike the production Les Pauls we all know and love, the DGT had every detail scrutinized by Dave himself. Les did not even care so much for sunbursts or humbuckers, or even wood that had resonance. He liked goldtop or black beauty p90 gibsons and in the end like the "recording" model which had different impedance and everything. Les didn't mind keeping his name on the guitar that took a design left turn from Ted McCarty, and then an even harder left turn with the SG era. All this being said, Dave doesn't take issue with runs of DGT's with stoptails, or 59/09 neck pickups, or Private Stocks. Matter of fact, his fave as of late is a PS with a pern neck instead of mahogany. My goldtop has a 57/08 BRIDGE pickup reverse mounted in the NECK position. I consider it a DGT of course(though I will never sell the grissom bass pickup, and maybe it will even get remounted some day). What I will say is that if the CORE DGT model offering by PRS did anything different than the exact specs it has now, and Dave did not agree it helped the model in his eyes(and ears), he would not let his name be put on it. He put his heart and soul into that guitar design to make sure it was EXACTLY what he wanted and would play, and it is a fantastic equation. If Les had that kind of leverage back in the day, we might all be playing guitars with different impedance right now. :wink:"

Twinfan
10-27-2012, 11:31 AM
You may consider yours a DGT Kevin, but the Purity Party disagrees. DGh may not play a production model ALL the time, but he ALWAYS uses DGT pickups in BOTH positions...

BostonGuitar
10-27-2012, 11:43 AM
You may consider yours a DGT Kevin, but the Purity Party disagrees. DGh may not play a production model ALL the time, but he ALWAYS uses DGT pickups in BOTH positions...

On your point that DGh "ALWAYS" uses DGT pickups in BOTH positions, I submit that DGh has gone on record countless times to say that he spends over 90% of his playing time on the "business" pickup, which for him is the bridge humbucker. Be careful with your word choice. And what is a Brit doing running for a democratic office? Shouldn't you be some figurehead or something? :box:

Twinfan
10-27-2012, 12:12 PM
Business pickup or not, when he calls on the neck pickup he calls for the DGT neck pickup :)

I'm running for office to replace the current incumbents, as I do not agree with their policies and wish to represent the international electorate more appropriately.

rugerpc
10-27-2012, 06:37 PM
To put the controversy to rest - I got my very own DGT...

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/hDGT1.jpg

sergiodeblanc
10-27-2012, 09:43 PM
BREAKING NEWS! EXCLUSIVE!
Welcome back to the No Spin Zone.

While voters are used to being fed empty promises, a new development could give them some hope that a regime change might actually produce tangible results. This morning a I received a video from a source who shall only be referred to as "Deep-Pockets", pertaining to an alleged prototype DGT model.

Sensitive viewers may wish to skip the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYqJN-F6CRE

Could this be a certain VP candidate from the "near-center right" actually playing a DGT? Could this be the factory- altered tuned DGT the Equal Temp. Party has been promising, or is it merely a regular DGT that has been somehow, what the EV green party would consider "perverted", for the purpose of making the incumbent and EV appear as though they are incapable of initiating real change?

While the President is out in cyberspace with celebrities, and the EV is under speculation of bribery, aristotle/rugerpc are the only ones who seem to have a plan for universal DGT ownership, along with propositions and perhaps a prototype, for expanding the DGT line.

Stay sharp voters, this could be a Damn Good Time for the DGT club.

rugerpc
10-28-2012, 02:25 PM
Scandal!

One of the other parties must have a mole in the Equal Temperament Party. How else could the Eriza Green Party try to steal our platform plank of an SE DGT and this video get leaked to the press?

Rest assured that we are looking for this "Deep Pockets" person whomever they might be.

Harker1440
10-28-2012, 08:08 PM
Look in your own house ruger and for the record what I was requesting from CRGTR was our fiorst campaign ad which has generated campaign contributions for us to continue our media blitz

Harker1440
10-28-2012, 08:14 PM
The Reason for The Season
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk238/harker1440/GoldieandtheH.jpg

http://youtu.be/lHq9H3YlsIw

Harker1440
10-28-2012, 08:54 PM

Harker / Twinfan 2012

With my previous cabinet experience ( Plus the fact that I'm a Fat Tattooed G.A.S addict and Gear Ho and I'm funnier than the other guys And I have THE STONES to put up videos of me playing live and am NOT AFRAID to ask for critiques and reviews ) and with Old Gold's support ( My 2007 Preproduction Prototype DGT one of the first ones ever to leave the factory and go on World Tour ) and Twin's international connections and PS ties I feel that we can reach a broader more WORLDWIDE audience and consolidate the base and push for a Limited Run Piezo Equipped DGT- The Ultimate Gig Ready Guitar !!!! And push for the introduction of an SE DGT so that the world can understand and share the joy of owing a great guitar !!!!

Cabinet Posts ( As of Now )
Harker - Prez
Twinfan - VP
LSchefman - Sec of State
CRGTR - Sec of Media
BostonGuitar - Ambassador to DGh
Mikey D - Sec of Defense
Sergio - Head of the FBI

Great Grandma's Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie
Ingredients:
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry
2 cups whipped cream
Directions:
Preheat oven to 425°.
Mix sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves in small bowl.
Beat eggs in large bowl.
Stir in pumpkin, orange juice and sugar-spice mixture.
Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
Pour into pie shell.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Reduce temperature to 350°; bake for 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Top with whipped cream before serving for best results!

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
10-28-2012, 10:41 PM
Friends,

The debate for the DGT Club Presidential candidates is temporarily on hold.

Please take this time to care of your families (local and extended).

~Hans

aristotle
10-31-2012, 10:47 AM
We had expected our 501 c3 organization to suitably trash our rival candidates to soften up the electorate prior to our consolidated platform speech, but the wussy’s let a simple hurricane / monster storm get in the way.
In any case, the Ari-Ruger campaign is pleased to announce the following:

WHO’s WHO ON OUR TICKET:

aristotle - President
rugerpc - VP
“The Police Chic” in Harker’s Video - Chief of Staff to the Prez
Albrecht Smuten - Chief of Staff to the VP
Shawn@PRS - Factory Liaison and Political "Fixer"
the “Approved” chic in tgscan’s signature - Secretary of Tone
Hans - Secretary of Mods
Fox77 - Secretary of Blackness and Stoptails
Lschefman – Staff Philosoper
David Easton - Secretary of Quilt
CRGTR - Video Czar
Sergio - Press Secretary and Rumor Monger
BostonGuitar - Janitor
MikeDuncan - Janitor's helper
Harker - Window Washer
Twinfan - Window Washer's Helper

OUR SOUNDBITE PLATFORM:
“A DGT In Every Home!!!”

OUR POLLICY PLATFORM:
Our simple 5-point plan is as follows:
1. Get a job
2. Earn a few kilobucks
3. Order a DGT
4. Pay for your DGT
5. Enjoy your DGT

We are prepared to help with step 4. How? That’s simple. Unlike our elitist competitors, we understand that those at the top of the heap aren’t doing their fair share. We propose that we simply “ask” those who currently have more guitars than they need to provide them to us, the administration (and by "ask", we really mean "tell"). We will take it from there, and ensure a fair and reasonable distribution of DGT’s. I can see our competitors now calling this plan a “tax”. Hogwash! It’s simply making sure that those who can afford a little more help out those who can’t. We also are suggesting a progressive pricing plan from the factory and retailers. DGT’s will cost just a little more when sold to the top one percent, which will allow up to a 50% reduction in price to the “regular folks”.

PROPOSED DGT LINE
DGT Standard
DGT Maple
DGT Signature
DGT PS
SE DGT
DGT7
PDGT
DGDGBD DGT

aristotle - rugerpc - "BOLD IDEAS FOR BOLD TIMES"

rugerpc
10-31-2012, 12:04 PM
As a good Prez should, aristotle has delegated the pie recipe for me to post. The DGT is an All-American guitar with it's roots in the McCarty, Stevensville, MD and Austin TX. That calls for an All-American pie:

This is the best recipe for apple pie for those who want an old-fashioned, perfect tasting apple pie with a flaky crust. Using fresh apples, a homemade pie crust recipe, and the perfect blend of spices; this is the apple pie that is true delight in every forkful.

Apple Pie

Ingredients:

Pastry for 2 crusts (recipe below)
8 cups sliced, peeled assorted baking apples - about 3 lbs. (Granny Smith, Cortland, Jonathan)
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 Tablespoons butter
1 egg yolk
1 Tablespoon milk

Directions:

1. In a large bowl, toss the sliced apples with lemon juice.

2. Combine sugars, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; add to apples and toss well to coat.

3. Fill pastry lined 9 inch pie pan with apple mixture. Dot with butter.

4. Place second crust on top of pie filling, cut slits in top of crust to vent. Seal the edges of the crust with a fork or by hand.

5. In a small bowl, beat the egg yolk and milk. Brush mixture over top crust.

6. Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes.

7. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake 40-45 minutes more or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly.

Flaky Pastry Pie Crust Recipe

Makes two 9-inch pie crusts

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, chilled and diced
1/2 cup ice water

Directions:

1. Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl.

2. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.

3. Stir in the ice water, a Tablespoon at a time, until the crust mixture forms a ball.

4. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.

5. Sprinkle flour onto rolling surface. Roll dough out, then divide in half. Roll each half to fit a 9-inch pie plate.

6. Place crust in pie plate, pressing evenly into the bottom and sides.

aristotle/rugerpc - we give you the recipe for the crust as well!

Rango
10-31-2012, 12:40 PM
Hey how did I get left off the ticket!!! :wave: I am an EV owner!
out in the cold again....( sniff... wimper...sniff.... giggle... grin)

PDGT cheerleader and Window washer Helper's Helper

Everything's better with PIE! (zo) :D

And GREEN - ya it's a P22 :laugh: but it wants a big brother that's a PDGT! ;)
http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae245/Chutist/DSC_0228.jpg

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
10-31-2012, 01:29 PM
Hans - Secretary of Mods
Thank you for the vote of confidence but I am unbiased and unaffiliated.

rugerpc
10-31-2012, 01:59 PM
Rango - we seem to have an opening for Secretary of Mods....

aristotle/rugerpc - the picture of flexibility and accommodation

rugerpc
10-31-2012, 04:14 PM
The aristotle/rugerpc Equal Temperament Party ticket rides the wave...

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Guitars/PRS%20Core%20Electric/DGT6.jpg

And our "creds" continue to expand with artist endorsement....

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/Grissom2.jpg

aristotle/rugerpc - the other candidates' worst nightmare

Rango
10-31-2012, 08:25 PM
Happy to serve in any capacity ;)

Rango - we seem to have an opening for Secretary of Mods....

aristotle/rugerpc - the picture of flexibility and accommodation

Harker1440
11-01-2012, 09:57 AM
Tango a green owner needs to serve in the Green Party so how about Sec of Forestry?

Harker1440
11-01-2012, 10:05 AM
but the wussy’s let a simple hurricane / monster storm get in the way.
In any case, the Ari-Ruger campaign is pleased to announce
“The Police Chic” in Harker’s Video - Chief of Staff to the Prez

Sorry Guys She's With Me You Can't Have For Less Than A PS DGT in Glacier Blue burst!!!

aristotle - rugerpc - ""

This sound bite take from the Ari/rug platform shows there elitist attitude wussy I am sorry but being there for my family was more important and besides I still got our stuff in before the deadline maybe you guys should try again in 4 years

rugerpc
11-01-2012, 10:20 AM
This sound bite take from the Ari/rug platform shows there elitist attitude wussy I am sorry but being there for my family was more important and besides I still got our stuff in before the deadline maybe you guys should try again in 4 years

Scandalous! Another blatant misquote and misrepresentation by the Harker/Twinfan campaign. Clearly, the fact-checker at the H/T campaign is overworked what with the double duty of checking what the opponents are saying AND having to check and recheck what their own campaign is saying....

Harker1440
11-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Ruger
You deny that your presidential candidate called the other people involved in the election and debate process wussies for delaying the debate because of an on going natural disaster? Isn't also a fact that he meant this comment to be directed at Hans who is in charge of the whole process and chickened out at the last minute and made the comment plural to reflect all?? And isn't also true that due to the pressure brought forth by my campaign that you had to go but a DGT long after you decided to run in the election??

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
11-01-2012, 11:12 AM
★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆

As promised, the Debate has been rescheduled. The new date/time is Sunday, the 4th, at 7PM (Mountain Time). Rules for the debate will be announced when it begins.

The Election will occur on Monday the 5th of November. Candidates are encouraged to link the election to their social media. Only members will be able to cast a vote.

I appreciate that you guys have used the election of the DGT Club President as a way to blow off steam, keep it playful, and remember that, in the end, we are all friends. The "Other" election (the discussion of which remains strictly forbidden) has failed to produce the same result.

rugerpc
11-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Ruger
You deny that your presidential candidate called the other people involved in the election and debate process wussies for delaying the debate because of an on going natural disaster? Isn't also a fact that he meant this comment to be directed at Hans who is in charge of the whole process and chickened out at the last minute and made the comment plural to reflect all??

I have no need to deny your scurious and false accusation here since I can show simply that you are wrong...

Here is what aristotle wrote - exactly - not massaged by your spin doctors:

We had expected our 501 c3 organization to suitably trash our rival candidates to soften up the electorate prior to our consolidated platform speech, but the wussy’s let a simple hurricane / monster storm get in the way. (emphasis added)

It is clear that aristotle is talking about our own puppet 501 c3 corporation, NOT you or any of the other candidates, nor the moderator. Thus your accusation falls flat. I suggest that you sack your fact checker just as we have sacked the entire staff of our 501 c3 puppet corp who were actually paid hazard pay to work during unworkable conditions, and then wussed out.

And isn't also true that due to the pressure brought forth by my campaign that you had to go but a DGT long after you decided to run in the election??

It is true that I now have a DGT, but it was not purchased to curry votes during this election. It is, in fact, the very DGDGBD DGT Prototype seen in the video leaked to the press by the mole "Deep Pockets" (we'll find you, you snitch). And thus an integral part of our platform.

aristotle/rugerpc - now looking for new lackies to replace our sacked lackies....

No opposing candidates or independant moderators or press were harmed during this post

rugerpc
11-01-2012, 11:47 AM
-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;27794']

I appreciate that you guys have used the election of the DGT Club President as a way to blow off steam, keep it playful, and remember that, in the end, we are all friends. The "Other" election (the discussion of which remains strictly forbidden) has failed to produce the same result.

With my campaign hat off...

It is all in good fun. I hold no animosity at all for anyone commenting in this thread and understand that it is all tongue-in-cheek. I trust that no one would take anything posted hear as representative of true feelings and no one should have any cause for being upset or slighted in any way. If, in any way I have offended anyone, please understand that that decidedly was not my intention and please accept my sincerest of apologies!

Outside of this thread, I continue to see the friendly excellence that this forum offers and I fully expect that to continue. :cheers:

Campaign hat back on...

:box:

Harker1440
11-01-2012, 12:14 PM
So you admit that you hired and paid a company to sabotage the other campaigns and that you caved under pressure and bought a DGT after the fact Hmmmmmmm not the leadership I'm looking for what say you My Fellow Forum Members??

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
11-01-2012, 12:15 PM
...what say you America?

This is an international forum with international voters for an international club.

alantig
11-01-2012, 12:54 PM
-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;27794']★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆

As promised, the Debate has been rescheduled. The new date/time is Sunday, the 4th, at 7PM (Mountain Time). Rules for the debate will be announced when it begins.

The Election will occur on Monday the 5th of November. Candidates are encouraged to link the election to their social media. Only members will be able to cast a vote.

It is with feigned great sadness that I announce I am terminating my exploratory campaign. The announced debate time conflicts with Dexter, and I can't delay Dexter because my Minister of, uh, Wifely Affections will unilaterally take shutdown actions if I do.

rugerpc
11-01-2012, 12:56 PM
So you admit that you hired and paid a company to sabotage the other campaigns and that you caved under pressure and bought a DGT after the fact Hmmmmmmm not the leadership I'm looking for what say you America?

As out moderator points out, this is an international club. Here we see that the H/T ticket intends to hog all of the DGTs for the American market and 'dem ferriners', to use words overheard by our wiretaps, can just go without.

aristotle/rugerpc recognizes the internationality of the club and the appeal of the DGT to all the peoples of the Earth (even bass players). As proof of our international commitment, one only needs look to our very first staff posting of Albrecht Smuten as the VP candidate's international hit man - er - chief of staff.

We are also confident that the people will also recognize that the Equal Temperament Party's VP candidate is pro-active in seeking new DGT model choices by his commissioning of the DGDGBD DGT he is now testing. That he bought it in a sweaty panic due to constant harping from the other campaigns about being some type of carpetbagger without credentials has not a word of (verifiable) truth.

Attached, please find a job application to re-staff our 501 C3.

Application (please print or draw primitive pictures)
Name
Quailfications
Do you know the meaning of the phrase "dirty tricks"?
Are you comfortable with the concept of the "casting couch"?
Are you a mole? Would you tell us if your were?

Submit application with a bikini dossier photo.

sergiodeblanc
11-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Submit application with a bikini cross-dossier photo.

Are you mocking me?!?!

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
11-01-2012, 01:14 PM
It is with feigned great sadness that I announce I am terminating my exploratory campaign. The announced debate time conflicts with Dexter, and I can't delay Dexter because my Minister of, uh, Wifely Affections will unilaterally take shutdown actions if I do.

Failure to respond to the questions might be a good strategy. The debate will not be a deciding factor for your participation - though it may impact the decision of the voters.

Either way, don't blame anyone for your decision. Quit on your own terms.

rugerpc
11-01-2012, 01:28 PM
Are you mocking me?!?!

Far be it from me to mock the Fourth Estate. Even if do you twist my words like a g-string on a tuning peg.

-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;27810']Either way, don't blame anyone for your decision. Quit on your own terms.

To borrow a line from Blazing Saddles, "Boy, is he strict!"

sergiodeblanc
11-01-2012, 01:33 PM
Far be it from me to mock the Fourth Estate. Even if do you twist my words like a g-string on a tuning peg.

I thought it was because Craig nominated me for the Green party's FBI position, J. Edgar hoover was a well known (and loved) cross-dossier too.

rugerpc
11-01-2012, 01:37 PM
I thought it was because Craig nominated me for the Green party's FBI position, J. Edgar hoover was a well known (and loved) cross-dossier too.

Well, the rumors of J. Edgar Hoover's cross-dossiering are at least unsubstantiated....

If the bikini fits......

alantig
11-01-2012, 06:25 PM
-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;27810']Either way, don't blame anyone for your decision. Quit on your own terms.

Oh, you can taunt, but I am not a quiiter, and I won't stop quitting just because of this! What kind of leader would I be if I were so easily manipulated??? :confused:

BostonGuitar
11-01-2012, 08:02 PM
"It's like that..."

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/BostonGuitar/IMG_3234.jpg

Albrecht Smuten
11-02-2012, 04:11 AM
"It's like that..."

More proof of current President's disloyalty to DGT and PRS in general. Please, carry on, you're making it easier for us.

As proof of our international commitment, one only needs look to our very first staff posting of Albrecht Smuten as the VP candidate's international hit man - er - chief of staff.

Always ready and vigilant, sir. Noone... ahem... everyone is safe under my watch.

Twinfan
11-02-2012, 05:02 AM
More proof of current President's disloyalty to DGT and PRS in general. Please, carry on, you're making it easier for us.

I agree. Multiple thread/forum spamming is really not the behaviour of a President.....

rugerpc
11-02-2012, 02:45 PM
Unbelievable. The current Prez posts a pic of a GIBSON as his bona fide??!?!?

And the Empire Eriza Green candidates edit their posts when they are caught with their pants down?!??

I wonder how the electorate stands for the shenanigans.

Well, you won't find that at the Equal Temperament Party. We have a job before us - the revitalization of the DGT Club. It starts with embracing new members instead of just guarding the door like an angry old man trying to send soup back at a deli. All clubs need new members and new ideas to survive. Granted, the DGT is very nearly the planet's perfect guitar. But even perfection has its unsightly 'beauty marks.'

In addition to not touching the existing DGT line with a 10 foot pole as to changes, we also see the need to broaden the base by offering new models and options along side of the venerated line.

We are proud to present another prototype - the DGTØ.

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Guitars/PRS%20Core%20Electric/DGT0.jpg

Gone are the distracting knobs and switches. Controls are now via a breakthrough Brain Scan/Brain Switching module - BS for short. With this evolutionary interface, you merely need think about what you want the electronics to do and it happens.

Superfast and noisless switching between pickups, coil tapping, tone control and volume are only a Brain Storm away.

The BS DGTØ. Revolution. Evolution. Pure BS.

aristotle/rugerpc - choices for everyone.

Rango
11-02-2012, 03:36 PM

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Guitars/PRS%20Core%20Electric/DGT0.jpg

Gone are the distracting knobs and switches. Controls are now via a breakthrough Brain Scan/Brain Switching module - BS for short. With this evolutionary interface, you merely need think about what you want the electronics to do and it happens.

Superfast and noisless switching between pickups, coil tapping, tone control and volume are only a Brain Storm away.

aristotle/rugerpc - choices for everyone.

Coming soon ! -> Look for the The DGT0/PDGT IPhone app !
Favoite's stored and key'd to your set list! :D
Background skins in your favorite DGT colors!

Harker1440
11-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Big Announcement Coming Soon !!!!!!

rugerpc
11-02-2012, 03:43 PM
Coming soon ! -> Look for the The DGTØ/PDGT IPhone app !
Favoite's stored and key'd to your set list! :D
Background skins in your favorite DGT colors!

An excellent idea, Rango!!

Do I take this as an acceptance to be the aristotle/rugerpc Equal Temperament Party's nominee for Secretary of Mods?

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
11-02-2012, 04:28 PM
★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆

Dear Candidates for the office of DGT Club President (and respective cabinet members),

In an effort to help me prepare for Sunday night's debate I have prepared a series of sample questions. I would like you to take this time to determine how you, collectively, will coordinate a response to each of the debate questions. In all cases, your final answer is to be posted by the person running for the top seat. It is the responsibility of the Presidential Candidate to ensure his response speaks for his entire party.

You will have 10 minutes to post (and edit) your response. Once the 10 minute window has expired, you will each have 5 minutes (in a free-for-all format) to retort. That 5 minute window will INCLUDE comments from members of the audience. In all cases, I will notify you when responses are allowed and when the window closes. Responses posted outside the proper windows will be deleted.

There will be 4 questions, in total. These questions have been carefully selected from hundreds of possibilities. What remain are questions that represent the very pinnacle of pseudo-cork-sniffery.

The debate will begin, promptly, at 7PM (Mountain) this Sunday evening and will end exactly 60 minutes later. It will be held in THIS thread. Quote people often, they're likely to flip-flop on you. :)

Remember... don't ruin the fun for everyone else by dipping your toes into "other" elections. So far, you guys have been Rockstars. Thank you.

So here is your first sample debate question. There is no time restriction for response.

★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆ ★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆

SAMPLE QUESTION #1: Mr. Grissom's guitar, the David Grissom Trem (DGT), is based upon a carefully massaged recipe that was developed over two decades. While it's control layout, neck carve, finish, and pickups are unique to the DGT model, many DGT owners just can't seem to nail that signature "Grissom Sound". This fact seems to underscore the notion that tone has as much to do with the player as it does his tools. And so, it begs the question... how much of Mr. Grissom's tone should we attribute to his amazing head of raven-black curls? Which haircut sounded best?

rugerpc
11-02-2012, 05:09 PM
-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;27794']As promised, the Debate has been rescheduled. The new date/time is Sunday, the 4th, at 7PM (Mountain Time). Rules for the debate will be announced when it begins.

The Election will occur on Monday the 5th of November.

-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;27954']Dear Candidates for the office of DGT Club President (and respective cabinet members),

In an effort to help me prepare for Monday night's debate I have prepared a series of sample questions.

The debate will begin, promptly, at 7PM (Mountain) and will end exactly 60 minutes later. It will be held in THIS thread.

Errrr..... Mr. Moderator???

Can you please tell us whether the Debate is Sunday or Monday??

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
11-02-2012, 05:15 PM
I was just checking to see if you were paying attention.

It's on Sunday.

sergiodeblanc
11-02-2012, 11:19 PM
Welcome back to the No Spin Zone!

After a bewitching tropical storm this past Halloween week, the DGT Fan Club Presidential Election has been swept back into action!

The incumbents Boston/Duncan have seemed to unveil a campaign strategy aimed at middle-aged sub/urban voters, there are at least two independent advertisements and postings that should appeal to this under-represented demographic of DGT players who listen to Hip-hop.

http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p506/sergiodeblanc/YouCanGoWithThis.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEwvOG3W4nA

and what appears to be their main campaign theme:

"It's like that..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hN1SKVx31s

It is unclear who is doing market research for Boston/Duncan ,but the ads have already been proven 98% effective in my immediate vicinity... but there is one thing that might bother voters...A Gibson Les Paul.

The VP from the Equal Temp. Party has fired back pointing out the misstep about including an "Evil doer" brand of guitar in his campaign ads, while simultaneously unveiling another new prototype.

Unbelievable. The current Prez posts a pic of a GIBSON as his bona fide??!?!?

Next we find out that the VP candidate has as of recent suspiciously acquired his DGT hang tags:

The aristotle/rugerpc Equal Temperament Party ticket rides the wave...

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Guitars/PRS%20Core%20Electric/DGT6.jpg

Here appears to be the same guitar as the proposed "prototype" BS DGT:o. Is this really an altered photo of an actual DGT model? Could this be an elaborate trick the Equal Temp. is playing on the voters? Why has no picture of the headstock, hang tags, modcat, or warranty registration ever been made public? Could they be trying to hide something from the voters? Could an unnamed source speculate that a proposed, while highly probable, solution that might pertain to the assertion, that the VP candidate has never released documentation, because his DGT looks Something like this?

http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p506/sergiodeblanc/10412.jpg

Can the validity of any candidates instruments be outside of the realm of speculation?

Can you "get with this"?

http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p506/sergiodeblanc/10410.jpg

When reached (or copy/pasted and taken out of context) for comment, only aristotle/rugerpc cared to reply:

Scandalous!

While neither an admission or denial, it is at least a comment, so this reporter will give them a break.

The Green have announced something big.

While I don't know what could be bigger than owning the only 100% completely verifiable, unmolested, made for a certain someone, DGT in the race could be...??
I'm all ears.

Confusion over the debate, and the actual election has apparently upset the elderly enough to warrant an official clarification:

-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;27794']
[COLOR=#4b0082][B]As promised, the Debate has been rescheduled.... The new date/time is Monday the 5th of November.

Just in case that information has not been clearly explained to voters, the following statement released should make the dates quite clear:

-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;27960']It's on Sunday.

Thank you, and goodnight.

BostonGuitar
11-03-2012, 10:47 AM
The president would humbly request a change in schedule for the debate as he will be delivering his children somewhere safe between 7 and 8:30 PM EST on Sunday. If we could start at 9:00 EST it would be greatly appreciated. No pressure of course. I am only the President. ;)

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
11-03-2012, 10:59 AM
The president would humbly request a change in schedule for the debate as he will be delivering his children somewhere safe between 7 and 8:30 PM EST on Sunday. If we could start at 9:00 EST it would be greatly appreciated. No pressure of course. I am only the President. ;)
You're good, Kev. 7PM Mountain time is 9PM Eastern.

rugerpc
11-03-2012, 11:52 AM
aristotle is engaged in Sandy Storm cleanup on the Eastern Shore, MD. He will be flying home tomorrow. It is not clear yet whether he will be available for the Debate tomorrow night.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
11-03-2012, 01:02 PM
Veep as proxy?

rugerpc
11-03-2012, 01:02 PM
The aristotle/rugerpc campaign just received confirmation of a few details about the other candidates which we feel it is our duty to pass to the electorate. Sensitive passages have been redacted by the investigating agency, but rest assured, a full report has been forwarded to the election oversight committee and to DGh and PRSh. A sample is included below

INTERIM REPORT
Dewey, Cheatem & Howe Investigations
258 http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/L1.jpghttp://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/C3.jpghttp://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/R1.jpg Street
Pango Pango, American Samoa
Tel. 79.226.3http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/L2.jpghttp://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/R2.jpg49

After lengthy investigation, we have found the following information about the target subjects as listed below.

BostonGuitar:
We managed to get photographic evidence of this subject http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/L1.jpghttp://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/C2.jpghttp://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/R2.jpging a http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/L2.jpghttp://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/R1.jpg in a hotel parking lot. Photos and Police Report attached. In addition to his usual...

Rango
11-03-2012, 05:54 PM
An excellent idea, Rango!!

Do I take this as an acceptance to be the aristotle/rugerpc Equal Temperament Party's nominee for Secretary of Mods?

Happy to serve in anyway I can ;)

rugerpc
11-03-2012, 06:05 PM
Happy to serve in anyway I can ;)

Excellent.

With Rango on board as nominee for our Secretary of Mods, the aristotle/rugerpc ticket would like to extend an invitation to themike to serve as our Secretary of 7 Strings and Official Bogus Credential and Badge Czar.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
11-04-2012, 09:14 AM
Tune in for the 1st DGT Club President debate tonight!

7PM (Mountain), 9PM Eastern. :hello:

http://www.careerrocketeer.com/wp-content/uploads/Debate.jpg

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
11-04-2012, 03:29 PM
4 and 1/2 hours to go! Got your popcorn handy?

aristotle
11-04-2012, 05:57 PM
After having suspended campaign events to selflessly (er....well...if you consider supervising contractors at the aristotle Eastern Shore compound selfless anyway) I am ready to re-engage with the electorate! Bring it on!!

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
11-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Just under 2 hours from right now, Candidates from around the globe will be battling it out for YOUR vote.

Who will be the next President of the DGT Club?

You decide!

http://rlv.zcache.com/guitar_vote_shirt-r66854cc4b15e40ea960bbd990b9d7bb5_f0czj_512.jpg

rugerpc
11-04-2012, 06:40 PM
command: upload ballot stuffing virus x23

LOADING http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/C3.jpghttp://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/C1.jpghttp://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/C2.jpghttp://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/C3.jpg

Mike Duncan
11-04-2012, 07:04 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6HshN6IEMsI/UDt3QXwL9SI/AAAAAAAAAv4/RzyFPj0QOHQ/s1600/chad-kroeger-08.jpg

hopefully no hanging Chads.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
11-04-2012, 07:08 PM
T-Minus 50 Minutes...

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
11-04-2012, 07:29 PM
T-Minus 30 minutes to start time.

The presentation of rules will begin in 20 minutes.

BostonGuitar
11-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Rules? Or laws?

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
11-04-2012, 07:51 PM
THE RULES:

1) All forum rules apply. DO NOT, under any circumstances, ruin the fun by dipping your toes into "other" elections.

2) The will be 4 questions and 4 opportunities for everyone to respond to the answers posted by the candidates. Only Presidential Candidates may respond to the 4 questions during the 10 minutes that follow. After 10 minutes has passed, the window will be closed and a 5-minute window will open for retort. ANY member of the Official PRS Guitars forum may respond to the answers provided by the candidates. The 5-minute window opens when I post "FREE FOR ALL". It closes when I post the next question. I will delete "FREE FOR ALL" comments made after I post the next question.

3) Candidates may NOT edit their post(s). If any response by a candidate shows an edit notification at the bottom, it will be deleted. No exceptions.

4) No misquotes. If you quote someone, don't change what they said. You may, however, take it out of context. LOL

5) I reserve the right to change the rules whenever I want to. :evil:

Ready fellas?

rugerpc
11-04-2012, 07:53 PM
I see the challengers each stand at a dirty soapbox while the incumbent sits on a high throne? That just ain't right....

BostonGuitar
11-04-2012, 07:55 PM
-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;28165']THE RULES:

1) All forum rules apply. DO NOT, under any circumstances, ruin the fun by dipping your toes into "other" elections.

2) The will be 4 questions and 4 opportunities for everyone to respond to the answers posted by the candidates. Only Presidential Candidates may respond to the 4 questions during the 10 minutes that follow. After 10 minutes has passed, the window will be closed and a 5-minute window will open for retort. ANY member of the Official PRS Guitars forum may respond to the answers provided by the candidates. The 5-minute window opens when I post "FREE FOR ALL". It closes when I post the next question. I will delete "FREE FOR ALL" comments made after I post the next question.

3) Candidates may NOT edit their post(s). If any response by a candidate shows an edit notification at the bottom, it will be deleted. No exceptions.

4) No misquotes. If you quote someone, don't change what they said. You may, however, take it out of context. LOL

Ready fellas?

I am BostonGuitar, and I approve of this massage...

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
11-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Question #1
The following excerpt comes from David Grissom's website (davidgrissom.com (http://davidgrissom.com)):

"David Grissom is one of Texas' premier Rock, Blues, and Americana guitarists who has toured and recorded with artists such as Storyville, John Mellencamp, Joe Ely, The Allman Brothers Band, Dixie Chicks, James McMurtry, Webb Wilder, Chris Isaak, Robben Ford, Ringo Starr, Buddy Guy, John Mayall, and many others.

David moved to Austin in 1983 and quickly became a stalwart on the vibrant local scene playing with both Lucinda Williams and Lou Ann Barton. He joined Texas legend Joe Ely’s band in 1985 and toured and recorded nonstop until 1991 when he joined John Mellencamp’s band. David made 3 records with John and toured extensively from 1991 through 1993. After, Mellencamp, David went back to Texas to form Storyville, the band that included the Double Trouble rhythm section and powerhouse vocalist Malford Milligan. He recently played on Buddy Guy’s 2011 Grammy Award winning Living Proof CD. He is the author of the book “A Guide To Blues/Rock Guitar Soloing.”

In 2007 Paul Reed Smith introduced the DGT, David’s signature model guitar that represents the culmination of a 25 year relationship working with Paul on the design and improvements of their guitars from a touring/session player’s perspective. He is also currently working with Doug Sewell and PRS to help develop their new line of amps."

The office of "President of the DGT Fan Club" is a fictional office with no real authority. It's all about being a fan of the man and his guitars. ESPECIALLY his guitar. It could be said that the President of the DGT Fan Club should be the biggest fan. Whoever gets the winning vote has some degree of responsibility to represent the DGT in the light it deserves. We're just having fun but David Grissom and Paul Smith have made a sincere investment to make this guitar so amazing.

So... if you unseat Kevin, the current and original President of the DGT Fan Club, how will you carry the torch? How will you keep it fun but respect the hard work that brought us this guitar? What does the DGT Club President really do besides post "Your President approves" in every DGT thread?

aristotle
11-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Standing by my podium, looking very presidential if I do say so myself.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
11-04-2012, 08:06 PM
5 minutes before the FREE FOR ALL response round.

For those just joining us, see the debate rules posted in #158.

aristotle
11-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Hope my last post isn't counted as my response! Sent it before seeing Question 1.

Anywho.... The office of the president provides me, as well as my esteemed cabinet, with the bully pulpit to sing the praises of the guitar, the man, and the company. The DGT really is an astounding guitar, with great feel, a unique (and in my opinion) unmatched set of pickups, ergonomic controls, and a variety of looks. The aristotle ticket is dedicated to the promotion of the DGT to the everyman. We're not just about posting cool pics....we're about breaking the stuffy mold to appeal to all. We gig this stuff, we love this stuff, and we look good doing it!

BostonGuitar
11-04-2012, 08:07 PM
-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;28169']

So... if you unseat Kevin, the current and original President of the DGT Fan Club, how will you carry the torch? How will you keep it fun but respect the hard work that brought us this guitar? What does the DGT Club President really do besides post "Your President approves" in every DGT thread?

Since I cannot "unseat Kevin", do I need to answer this question? <chuckle> #debatehumor

And what torch is this, anyway? Can it burn things? I am ALL about fun, and clearly have waxed poetic about my respect for the hard work that brought us this guitar. Since the day at the 2007 experience I first saw/heard it in action, I was enamoured. I researched to the bone and REALLY wanted to know more about this quest to improve the McCarty(a love of my life). Was I fearful of big strings? YES! Was I fearful that the neck would not jive with my hands? YES! But I learned, persevered, and it has become the best single guitar a man could own... I have preached the gospel to BAM and VR and PRS Official, and I have spread the good word to the general public through Facebook! I tell every soul I meet about this guitar, and I try to enable ANYONE on the fence about one to take that plunge. Encouragement, respect, and a lot of fun. Not to meantion...

"the force..." :o

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
11-04-2012, 08:08 PM
60 second warning...

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
11-04-2012, 08:10 PM
FREE FOR ALL!

For the next 5 minutes, any member of this forum may respond to the answers provided.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
Where the hell is Harker?

rugerpc
Er, Mr Moderator...

Can you please explain why you have made all of the candidates wear these 'invisible fence' dog collars? Just what are Buuuzzzzzaaaaap! OUCH!

Oh, I see. They are Buuuuzzzaaaap! OUCH!

...they are Buuuuuuuuuzzzzzaaaaap! QUIT IT! I get it! I get it!

BostonGuitar
11-04-2012, 08:11 PM
-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;28176']Where the hell is Harker?

On his way home from the steelers game, I believe... lol

11top
Are we still taking "write ins?"

rugerpc
-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;28176']Where the hell is Harker?

I move that his name be dropped from the ballot!

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
11-04-2012, 08:12 PM
I move that his name be dropped from the ballot!
Motion denied.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
11-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Are we still taking "write ins?"
Only if you can write their whole name. In the snow. One take. No help.

rugerpc
11-04-2012, 08:13 PM
The DGT club president should be the biggest cheerleader for the DGT in whatever variant - new, old, pritistine or modded to the max. The current Prez only wants to sit on his Laurals (and maybe a few Hardies), and Harker only wants 'pure' DGTs to come out of the factory and also that they never be modded by the user in any way. On top of that, Harker can't even find his way to his soap box. I hope it doesn't have anything to do with the driver we lent him LOL

The aristotle/rugerpc ticket wants to welcome anyone who has even just a serious interest in DGTs to the club. How else to help the masses to ownership?

11top
You do realize The Walking Dead" is on, right?

11top
-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;28182']Only if you can write their whole name. In the snow. One take. No help.

yellow only?

aristotle
11-04-2012, 08:14 PM
sic 'em rugerpc!!!

rugerpc
-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;28181']Motion denied.

...but Buuuuuuuuuzzzzzaaaaap!

OK!

OK!

Mike Duncan
I ordered my David Grissom Trem the minute the MODCAT was available for entry in the computer system. Brian Meader called me and said, "it's being announced...the David Grissom model is a reality!"

That was July 12, 2007...the order was placed - GOLDTOP and MOONS. June 11, 2008 - the code was broken...the finish would finally stop cracking and I took delivery of the most important guitar in history since the Telecaster, Les Paul, or Stratocaster, a Paul Reed Smith David Grissom Trem!

We had a rocky start with a few trips back to the factory - B and G wouldn't stay in tune, tuners stripped, the three way switch failed. But the good times were always there and I stayed true to my nine pound six ounce tone monster!

With the PTC came with a new and exciting time! 57/08s were installed - Len Johnson was shocked how played in the 6100 fret wire was! Shawn asked my to be a beta tester for a new nut material - back to the factory we went and the original DGT pickup went back into the bridge slot.

I won't even mention the one piece topped sunburst that was eventually sold to our own Hans! Or the DGT 2011 with its V12 finish and original Phase IIs with the new moons. Or the Standard in Frost Blue Metallic...these guitars are my passion! I have other guitars, I don't play them...I have taken my Goldtop EVERYWHERE. It IS what I play, it is who I AM!

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/318787_10151227339962412_1930395889_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/65338_10151227381247412_1002275575_n.jpg
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/400194_10151227382697412_1590854953_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/559532_10151227383232412_1499738421_n.jpg

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
11-04-2012, 08:15 PM
END FREE FOR ALL!!!

Question #2

Know your DGT!
-Who designed the DGT logo?
-How many DGT's were made with old birds?
-What is the stock knob layout on a DGT?
-How does the neck carve compare with the Standard/Regular neck carve?
-What makes the control cavity cover of the very early DGT's unique?
-Does a "proper" DGT have birds or moons?
-What is the ultimate DGT color?

sergiodeblanc
11-04-2012, 08:15 PM
Can I stand in for Craig?

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
11-04-2012, 08:16 PM
Can I stand in for Craig?
Only if you're in his party...

sergiodeblanc
11-04-2012, 08:17 PM
-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;28192']Only if you're in his party...

I invented it.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
11-04-2012, 08:17 PM
I invented it.
Well, GO already! :)

Mike Duncan
11-04-2012, 08:18 PM
Please - All DGTs are goldtops with moons, the rest are just MISTAKES!

My goldtop was one of the first non-artist stock to make it out of the factory.

Oh yeah, I own the **** out of this thing.

My lampshades were installed by the PTC in '09...before they ever put on non 20th Anniversary guitars.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
11-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Mr. Duncan, who is the spokesperson for your party?

BostonGuitar
11-04-2012, 08:21 PM
-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;28189']END FREE FOR ALL!!!

Question #2

Know your DGT!

David Grissom designed the Logo
There were approximately 100 DGTs made with old birds
Bridge pickup volume closest to bridge, neck pickup volume next, tone knob with push pull coil tap next, and then three way pickup selector switch
Neck carve is halfway between a wide/fat neck and a standard/regular neck. It is slightly deeper than a regular.
The very early DGT's control cover is not unique...
A "proper" DGT has moons...
The ULTIMATE DGT COLOR IS A GOLDTOP!

Mike Duncan
I'm just filling in until the President arrives.

edit...here he is!

rugerpc

My lampshades were installed by the PTC in '09...before they ever put on non 20th Anniversary guitars.

FOWL!

BostonGuitar
11-04-2012, 08:22 PM

Careful veep... Look back a page or two and see Hans' rules...

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
11-04-2012, 08:22 PM
2-Minute warning, Sergio.

sergiodeblanc
11-04-2012, 08:23 PM

Question #2

Know your DGT!

1- Thats classified.
2. see #1
3 Vol-vol-tone/push pull, 3way
4-see#1 again.
5-see#2
6-Everybody knows the answer is moons.
7-Gold, and only gold.

aristotle
11-04-2012, 08:23 PM

Question #2

Know your DGT!

- Dunno
- Really??? Does the electorate really care???
- Dual volume, single tone
- What??? You mean that PRS makes something other than a DGT???
- Again, really???
- We do not abide by the notion that there is something that should be characterized as a "proper" DGT"
- This is too personal. Do you prefer blondes or brunettes? Me, personally, I like brunettes and a McCarty burst, but let the electorate decide!!!!!!

Oh, and did I say yet that my hairdo looks like DGh????

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
11-04-2012, 08:25 PM
FREE FOR ALL!

For the next 5 minutes, any member of this forum may respond to the answers provided.

rugerpc
11-04-2012, 08:25 PM
I know these:

LOGO by http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/L1.jpghttp://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/C1.jpghttp://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/C2.jpghttp://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/R1.jpg

DGTs with old birds: http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/L2.jpghttp://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/C2.jpghttp://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/R2.jpg

rugerpc
11-04-2012, 08:26 PM
knob layout: http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/L1.jpghttp://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/C2.jpghttp://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/R1.jpg

Carve differences:http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/L1.jpghttp://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/C3.jpghttp://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/R2.jpg and http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/L2.jpghttp://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/C3.jpghttp://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/C2.jpghttp://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/R1.jpg

rugerpc
cavity cover: http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/L2.jpghttp://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/C3.jpghttp://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/C1.jpghttp://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/R2.jpg

Birds or moons: http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/L1.jpghttp://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/C3.jpghttp://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/R2.jpg

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
David Grissom designed the Logo.
That's a negative, Ghost Rider. Inside sources tell me it was Grover Duval.

rugerpc
11-04-2012, 08:27 PM
color:http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/L2.jpghttp://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/C1.jpghttp://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/C2.jpghttp://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/R2.jpg

What the http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/Censored2.jpg is happening to my responses?

BostonGuitar
11-04-2012, 08:27 PM
-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;28208']That's a negative, Ghost Rider. Inside sources tell me it was Grover Duval.

Hey! Who said the moderator could participate in the free for all? :congrats:

rugerpc
11-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Buuuuuuuuuzzzzzaaaaap! Dang it, Hans - stop that!

sergiodeblanc
11-04-2012, 08:28 PM
color:http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/L2.jpghttp://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/C1.jpghttp://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/C2.jpghttp://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/R2.jpg

What the http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/Censored2.jpg is happening to my responses?

Should not have let me install your broadband.

Artist
11-04-2012, 08:29 PM

Every election needs the fact checkers. :P

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
11-04-2012, 08:30 PM
END FREE FOR ALL

Question #3

What is the answer to the sample question in post #138 of this thread?

(Photos illustrating your answer are required.)

BostonGuitar
11-04-2012, 08:31 PM
-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;28208']That's a negative, Ghost Rider. Inside sources tell me it was Grover Duval.

You need to reveal your inside sources, deepthroat... Far from a factchecker... Maybe a fartchecker?

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
11-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Rule #2

THE RULES:

Ready fellas?

sergiodeblanc
11-04-2012, 08:35 PM
http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p506/sergiodeblanc/images-1.jpeg

shaggy tone is more natural tone.

BostonGuitar
11-04-2012, 08:35 PM
-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;27954']★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆

★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆ ★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆

SAMPLE QUESTION #1: Mr. Grissom's guitar, the David Grissom Trem (DGT), is based upon a carefully massaged recipe that was developed over two decades. While it's control layout, neck carve, finish, and pickups are unique to the DGT model, many DGT owners just can't seem to nail that signature "Grissom Sound". This fact seems to underscore the notion that tone has as much to do with the player as it does his tools. And so, it begs the question... how much of Mr. Grissom's tone should we attribute to his amazing head of raven-black curls? Which haircut sounded best?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/BostonGuitar/GrissomGoldtopLesterYOUNG.jpg

It is this haircut that sounded the best... (and this is why I too yield a goldtop Lester from time to time, as DGh has roots(pun intended) there as well)

aristotle
11-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Well, thanks for the softball Hans....this one is a slam dunk.

The whackier the hair, the better the tone. This is a result of many factors, most of which are beyond the comprehension of this forum. As a trained physicist however, I'll see if I can put this in terms that you all might be able to understand.

1. The total entropy of the player/guitar/amp system is one of the key determining factors in tone.
2. The total entropy is increased when the player does not comb his hair.
3. Tone therefore is maximixed at the highest hair entropy, all else being equal.
4. QED

There may be some in the electorate who might argue that the second law of thermodynamics would suggest that time plays a factor in this, and all of us will increase hair entropy over time. What they neglect however is that the 2nd law applies to the universe in aggregate, and that locally, hair entropy can increase or decrease.

Did I mention that I have a DG hairdo???

sergiodeblanc
11-04-2012, 08:38 PM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/BostonGuitar/GrissomGoldtopLesterYOUNG.jpg
)

The Green Party have been very vocal about this very issue.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
11-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Did I mention that I have a DG hairdo???
Did I mention that a photo is required in your response?

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
11-04-2012, 08:40 PM
FREE FOR ALL!

aristotle
No...I don't think that you did. I'll get my campaign manager to send you a glossy!

sergiodeblanc
-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;28223']Did I mention that a photo is required in your response?

http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p506/sergiodeblanc/images-1.jpeg

Please note the Green Party has images in every retort.

BostonGuitar
The Green Party have been very vocal about this very issue.

I object for them not waiting for the free-for-all

rugerpc
11-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Mr. Grissom's current hair-do has little affect on his tone other than to partially block the signal from the new BS interface we are developing with him. That is why his hair is much shorter now than in vids of older performances and a bit shorter now as he works with us on a new prototype.

(see my post on the new DGTØ model in this thread)

I got your photo right here, Mr Moderator... Buuuuuuuuuzzzzzaaaaap! OUCH!

aristotle
11-04-2012, 08:41 PM
For your listening displeasure during the free for all interlude....

DGT through a vintage (1954) gibson amp...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7zhnYJj5ps

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
11-04-2012, 08:43 PM
I object for them not waiting for the free-for-all
Objection noted.

aristotle
11-04-2012, 08:43 PM
Ooops...I forgot about rugerpc's super secret project. Supersecret projects are easy to forget since they're so super secret...

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
11-04-2012, 08:45 PM
END FREE FOR ALL!!!

Ok, fellas... this is the 4th and FINAL question!

- What can you do for those who do not own a DGT yet? Do you think it is fair for some people to own more than one?

rugerpc
11-04-2012, 08:45 PM
Ooops...I forgot about rugerpc's super secret project. Supersecret projects are easy to forget since they're so super secret...

No problem. I got your back. And the 'delay' we put on Harker with Albrecht seems to have worked very well.

BostonGuitar
11-04-2012, 08:49 PM
I would like to submit, that the DGT is already THE best value, tone for tone, of ANY premium guitar. My party would like to see More people who own DGTs to buy multiple DGTs, because invariably, G.A.S. will see them sold at prices that will assist the less fortunate in getting into the esteemed DGT club!

sergiodeblanc
11-04-2012, 08:50 PM
The Green party will work harder to demonize DGT players who modify their guitars, thus lowering second-hand prices, and enabling more players who have already changed their ways to obtain and restore them to their purest state.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
11-04-2012, 08:54 PM
60-second warning...

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
11-04-2012, 08:55 PM
FREE FOR ALL!

rugerpc
I would like to submit, that the DGT is already THE best value, tone for tone, of ANY premium guitar. My party would like to see More people who own DGTs to buy multiple DGTs, because invariably, G.A.S. will see them sold at prices that will assist the less fortunate in getting into the esteemed DGT club!

The Green party will work harder to demonize DGT players who modify their guitars, thus lowering second-hand prices, and enabling more players who have already changed their ways to obtain and restore them to their purest state.

I'm not surprised at these answers at all. The current Prez is a snob elitist who cares not if there ever is an SE DGT. and the Eriza Green party is against what many on this forum regard as thue "ownership" - that is no mods allowed!

We are not for redistribution of any kind especially not my brand new baby!)

But our platform does stand for universal DGT ownership. Please refer back to our 5 step plan to that effect. We note with sadness that the other campaigns just don't care if more people get DGTs, or they would have published their own paths to ownership long before you asked this question, Mr. Moderator

aristotle/rugerpc - a DGT in every home!

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Guitars/PRS%20Core%20Electric/DGT1.jpg

aristotle
There are those in the "establishment" who would have you believe in a "trickle-down" theory of DGT ownership. They want you to believe that the 1-percenters somehow tinkle down on the rest of us and that their toss-out DGTs can be had for pennys on the dollar. Have any of you seen that in practice? I certainly haven't. I don't have a problem with people who have multiple DGTs. However, do you really think it fair that they can't help out the less fortunate? We have a comprehensive plan that involves making sure that those who "have" do their part in helping those who need a helping hand. Review our past postings and you'll see that our math adds up and the other tickets are just making stuff up!

I'll close by asking you all one simple question.

Is DGT ownership easier to obtain now than when the current administration took office? Are you better off now? Do you trust the elite to work for your best interests? (OK, that was three simple questions, and I know that, because our math always adds up...)

aristotle/rugerpc - Keep the dream alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BostonGuitar
11-04-2012, 08:56 PM
In closing, the incumbent president and vice-president offer that DGTs are in reality, "the force".

My esteemed apprentice... errr... VeeP "Obi-Wan (Seymour) Duncan" delivers the "light" side of the force/dgt:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/BostonGuitar/forcedgt.jpg

While myself, "Darth Boston" carries the all important heavy load, BALANCING side of the force equation.... The Dark Side:

There are DGTs for everyone. Our benefactor, PRSh will make as many as society would like to own. Current owners will buy multiples, sell some at times, and assist their reach into the hands of younger and less fortunate Jedi... This will lead us into the future in harmony and balance with "The DGT Force" :hello:

rugerpc
11-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Is this mic on??

Where are my teleprompters?

And my sippy cup of Jameson?

Mr. Moderator, will you please instruct Mr. Duncan to stop sticking his tongue out at me?

rugerpc
11-04-2012, 08:58 PM

LOOK LOOK! There is that http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/Censored2.jpg GIBSON again!

BostonGuitar
11-04-2012, 08:59 PM
May I also say, that not once have I/we resorted to negative campaigning during this debate... :)

rugerpc
11-04-2012, 09:00 PM
can I take my collar off now?

Buuuuuuuuuzzzzzaaaaap!

HA HA - Missed Me!

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
END FREE FOR ALL!

Well, folks... that's it!

This poll will close on 11-06-2012 at 08:19 PM (Mountain Time). That is 10:19PM Eastern Time!
Between now and then, feel free to fling some poo.

Good luck to you all!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-lRsL2Hoj75o/UHNbfrO_JLI/AAAAAAAAA3Q/AyZz-oHKKLI/s1600/the_end.jpg

BostonGuitar
LOOK LOOK! There is that http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/rugerpc/Just%20for%20fun/TextFun/Censored2.jpg GIBSON again!

It does have the name "Paul" on the headstock, like the others... ;)

rugerpc
May I also say, that not once have I/we resorted to negative campaigning during this debate... :)

No, you have saved your negatives for how you treat the electorate!

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
11-04-2012, 09:22 PM
VOTE NOW!!!

The 1st post of this thread (CLICK HERE (http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?1908-ELECTION-TIME!)) has been updated with a Poll.

This poll will close on Tuesday, the 6th of November at 08:19 PM (Mountain Time).

That is 10:19PM Eastern Time!

Feel free to post a link to this thread on your favorite social media site. Just remember... only registered members may vote.

~Hans

BostonGuitar
11-04-2012, 09:35 PM
Voted...

Hopeful Sinner
11-05-2012, 01:25 AM

I have drafted a program that will provide an affordable way for every person in America to have a DGT. I feel, with hard work and determination, the Boston/Duncan administration can end G.A.S. in America. Yes We Can!!!

Details soon to follow on: GRISSOMACARE

:prslogo:

Albrecht Smuten
11-05-2012, 02:58 AM
No problem. I got your back. And the 'delay' we put on Harker with Albrecht seems to have worked very well.

Happy to serve the club, sir. I have released him already, with his memory erased. He should be back to the Forum soon.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120710174034/fairytail/images/c/cd/Ninja.gif

iahawk36
11-05-2012, 08:15 AM
Found out this weekend that a certain candidate doesn't even OWN a DGT any more....should be grounds for automatic impeachment, IMHO!

BostonGuitar
11-05-2012, 08:25 AM
Found out this weekend that a certain candidate doesn't even OWN a DGT any more....should be grounds for automatic impeachment, IMHO!

Excuse me? Impeachment suggests incumbents, and I ASSURE you that the current president and vice-president have no less than 2 DGTs EACH...

iahawk36
11-05-2012, 08:26 AM
Excuse me? Impeachment suggests incumbents, and I ASSURE you that the current president and vice-president have no less than 2 DGTs EACH...

No, no....not what I'm saying at all. I think a Pres candidate should OWN a DGT, which is NOT the case for one of our current candidates....

Albrecht Smuten
11-05-2012, 08:35 AM
(waiting for orders)

crgtr
11-05-2012, 08:43 AM

Scandal, intrigue........NOW this is a real election!!

QueenCityGuitars
11-05-2012, 09:08 AM
Found out this weekend that a certain candidate doesn't even OWN a DGT any more.

All right...let's have it, Ang. Who doesn't own one? :dontknow:

iahawk36
11-05-2012, 09:14 AM
All right...let's have it, Ang. Who doesn't own one? :dontknow:

Given the candidates listed for PRESIDENT, it shouldn't take too much thought to figure it out... ;)

QueenCityGuitars
11-05-2012, 09:45 AM
Given the candidates listed for PRESIDENT, it shouldn't take too much thought to figure it out... ;)

Well, I know Kevin has two now (and a Goldtop Les Paul...hard to miss that), but I can't keep track of Harker's guitar comings and goings (no offense, Craig), and unless 'Aristotle' is the Greek philosopher or shipping tycoon (both of which I'm pretty sure are dead) I have no idea who that even is. If it's so obvious there should be no repercussion by posting it, right? :wink:

iahawk36
11-05-2012, 09:49 AM
I was hoping he would do the right thing, and fess up himself, but apparently he's either a.) actually working, unlike me OR b.) he's too ashamed to do so....even though MANY of us called this weeks ago...

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©
11-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Perhaps, even without a DGT, he can still win the prize for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between actual DGT owners.