PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again, free goodies from PRS

CoreyT
10-31-2012, 05:15 PM
This was also in the newsletter I got today.
Holiday event:
http://www.prsguitars.com/thankyou/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=thankyou2012october&utm_campaign=thankyou2012

I use the PRS silent jack (one end) cord I got with the last giveaway from when I bought my SE Santana in the summer.

Since I have the new SE Tremonti Custom on the way, I can take advantage once again.
Thank you PRS!

solacematt
10-31-2012, 05:44 PM
Nice. Looks like I should be able to take advantage of this offer as well. I pre-ordered an SE Custom Acoustic A/E. Ships on the 6th and I'm hoping it's here on the 10th. I'll surely be sending out my info first business day later :p

Mikegarveyblues
10-31-2012, 06:27 PM
Sweet... May... may be getting a new SE before Xmas. Will have to wait and see.

Mikegarveyblues
10-31-2012, 06:28 PM
US only!!!

Booooo!!!

Fbrandw
10-31-2012, 06:32 PM
Well and Canada too :)

newfmp3
10-31-2012, 07:34 PM
gotta love prs! just a cool gift to look forward to on top of excellent gear.

....although I have gotten a free guitar chord and strap with every fender I have bought, even a american std. I still think that a $3000+ guitar should at least come with a strap/chord in the case.

just say'n

Mikegarveyblues
10-31-2012, 07:44 PM
....although I have gotten a free guitar chord.

just say'n

Just did a double take on that! :o Forgot you call leads chords in the US!

I'm inclined to agree with you... It'd be nice to see some extra case candy if you're laying down a lot of bread.

Shultzie
10-31-2012, 08:32 PM
Man, an artist p22 in august and a modern eagle in September...

solacematt
10-31-2012, 08:43 PM
gotta love prs! just a cool gift to look forward to on top of excellent gear.

....although I have gotten a free guitar chord and strap with every fender I have bought, even a american std. I still think that a $3000+ guitar should at least come with a strap/chord in the case.

just say'n

They don't give an instrument cable with the SE's anymore? I just showed this to my friend and he said when he got the first run Santana SE back in '01 it came with an instrument cable.

Artist
10-31-2012, 09:24 PM
Great News! Thanks Corey.

Also, my new SE '12 did come with a cable as always. I believe the US models don't come with any cable, but not sure.

leeasam
10-31-2012, 09:34 PM
this is nice but wish there was a little bit of a grace period. I just bought a new P22 2 weeks ago and well I guess I get nothing :(

AaeCee
10-31-2012, 10:07 PM
this is nice but wish there was a little bit of a grace period. I just bought a new P22 2 weeks ago and well I guess I get nothing :(Yup, same boat. Two weeks ago as well!

clcwarlock
10-31-2012, 10:16 PM
I ordered my P24 in August just after it was announced, it did not get finished until after the promotion ended for free strings for a year. Now this.

andy474x
10-31-2012, 10:16 PM
Seriously... I love PRS but I swear they track my purchases and do this just to mess with me. Between the experience/free strings for a year, and this, I bought the SE cab and Akesson SE on different occasions. DANG.

SausageofPower
11-01-2012, 08:00 AM
Got my SE Tremonti Custom yesterday, but "ordered" it on 10/18. Guess I'm out of luck? That sucks.

crgtr
11-01-2012, 08:14 AM
My "Hawg" 408 should count. Hasn't arrived yet.

south89
11-01-2012, 08:41 AM
I also have a 408 Hawg coming from the same "farm" I think Chris and the wait just created an extra bonus.:rock::cheers:

rugerpc
11-01-2012, 10:25 AM
:bawling: I missed the deadline by five hours...

WEDGE
11-01-2012, 03:54 PM
:bawling: I missed the deadline by five hours...

You need to have your dealer sharpen his pencil a little and relate that receipt!

Daniel
11-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Just did a double take on that! :o Forgot you call leads chords in the US!

I'm inclined to agree with you... It'd be nice to see some extra case candy if you're laying down a lot of bread.

Na, we call them cords or cables. We play chords on our guitars. ;)

rugerpc
11-01-2012, 04:35 PM

I usually refer to them as a hose for the guitar...

Mikegarveyblues
11-01-2012, 05:08 PM

Ha, that's why I did the double take. Cords makes sense! :)

A Freudian slip by newfmp3 perhaps ;)

11top
11-01-2012, 05:30 PM
;-)

newfmp3
11-01-2012, 07:03 PM
lol, probably my darn Ipad changing spelling again. But we do call them Cords here or cables.

JohnO
11-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Yup, same boat. Two weeks ago as well!

Got my new one three weeks ago...bummer!

MA Pete
11-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Cool! Coincidentally, I bought a guitar yesterday, first day of the promotion!

:D

11top
11-01-2012, 08:01 PM

I repeat, Pete:

;-)

martysnarf
11-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Looking forward to my "goodie pack" when I get my amp in the next couple of weeks!!:D

crgtr
11-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Looking forward to my "goodie pack" when I get my amp in the next couple of weeks!!:D
You & me both bro! See you soon!!

veinbuster
11-03-2012, 12:13 PM

I somehow find it improbable that they could come up with a promotion that wouldn't have you buying a guitar in it.

crgtr
11-06-2012, 10:46 AM
Does this mean you can only get 1 package during the promotion?

"You must provide all required information postmarked no later than January 7, 2013 to be eligible. All potential entrants are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Limit: one entry per qualified purchase during the Promotion Period. Bulk, automated and/or third party entries are prohibited and will be disqualified. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of plays and/or entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, or any other methods will void that participant's plays and/or entries, and that participant may be disqualified at Sponsorís discretion."

So can I get a package for my new guitar and a package for my new amp?

Chris528
11-06-2012, 01:41 PM
I just bought my guitar Friday and mailed in the receipt on Saturday. I was wondering how long they usually take to send out the gift packages. In no hurry, but was wondering if it was a few weeks or a few months.

WEDGE
11-06-2012, 01:44 PM

"You must provide all required information postmarked no later than January 7, 2013 to be eligible. All potential entrants are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Limit: one entry per qualified purchase during the Promotion Period. Bulk, automated and/or third party entries are prohibited and will be disqualified. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of plays and/or entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, or any other methods will void that participant's plays and/or entries, and that participant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion."

Sounds like one per qualified purchase....should be good with as many purchases you make that qualify......the way you spend Chris you should be getting a load of them :)

crgtr
11-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Sounds like one per qualified purchase....should be good with as many purchases you make that qualify......the way you spend Chris you should be getting a load of them :)
ME?? Spend money on PRS stuff?!?!? Ok Paul.....maybe I DO make a FEW purchases, but they are all in the name of science!

Jay Xander B
11-06-2012, 04:47 PM
wonder if i'll get a freebie for getting the UK's FIRST Clint Lowery SE...and i am confirmed through our distributor and my dealer..

vchizzle
11-07-2012, 07:07 PM

"You must provide all required information postmarked no later than January 7, 2013 to be eligible. All potential entrants are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Limit: one entry per qualified purchase during the Promotion Period. Bulk, automated and/or third party entries are prohibited and will be disqualified. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of plays and/or entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, or any other methods will void that participant's plays and/or entries, and that participant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion."

Chris, if you manage to get 2, I'll buy 1 of those beanies off ya. Shoot me a PM.

crgtr
11-07-2012, 08:22 PM
Chris, if you manage to get 2, I'll buy 1 of those beanies off ya. Shoot me a PM.

I'll hook you up brother!

vchizzle
11-08-2012, 08:38 AM
I'll hook you up brother!
:beer:
:shakehands:

Sekunda
11-08-2012, 12:34 PM
:santa: Looks like a nice early Christmas pack... Yes, I said CHRISTMAS!

I will be enjoying one of these awesome packs as soon as my cabinet comes in and I can pick up my new rig. (tap, tap, tap)

Been looking to get one of those straps for a while too...

sleary
11-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Honestly I'm a little bitter about this giveway. Bought my Se in the beginning of October and then the contests starts. Haha ya I'm whining lol

Dancing Frog
11-11-2012, 01:37 PM
I bought three PRS this year. Not really interested in any of the free stuff. Don't like PRS strings, straps, and cables. The most useful swag I got this year was the PRS water bottle that they passed out at the experience. Can't find another one for love nor money. If they offered something I couldn't get from a store, I'd buy another. $350 could get you a really cool boutique pedal.

Hopeful Sinner
11-12-2012, 12:01 AM
I'm gonna have to try to take advantage of this... This may be just the push to get me over the edge to buy another this year...

By the way, to the folks who have bought recently and won't be eligible, if your dealer is super cool and not a big box chain, they may be inclined to give you some of these goodies as a good will gesture. Not naming any names but this is what my dealer offered when my purchase during the last promotion could have been a day or two outside the date range...

CoreyT
12-03-2012, 06:42 AM
Just sent in my receipt this morning for my SE Tremonti Custom for the free goodies.

solacematt
12-03-2012, 09:30 PM
http://instagram.com/p/Sy5R3twuOp/

Got my package in today :)
Thanks good folks at PRS

Daniel
12-03-2012, 10:11 PM
I've got three guitars and an amp on order. My luck, none of them will come in time. :bawling:

solacematt
12-03-2012, 11:35 PM
I've got three guitars and an amp on order. My luck, none of them will come in time. :bawling:

I think as long as it's purchased between December 31st and December 31st on your receipt and you send it in by some date in early January you should be ok

Thomas-Hawk
12-04-2012, 11:23 PM
I think as long as it's purchased between December 31st and December 31st on your receipt and you send it in by some date in early January you should be ok

Wow, that sure is a narrow window! ;)

My new CU24 10-top Sprayer's Choice should be here tomorrow! Can't wait! Been wanting a PRS 10-top for a LONG time, and finally did it. And this swag gift set is icing on the cake!

Oh, where are my manners? "Hello everyone, my name is Tom, and I now own a PRS." :D

solacematt
12-05-2012, 12:31 AM
Wow, that sure is a narrow window! ;)

My new CU24 10-top Sprayer's Choice should be here tomorrow! Can't wait! Been wanting a PRS 10-top for a LONG time, and finally did it. And this swag gift set is icing on the cake!

Oh, where are my manners? "Hello everyone, my name is Tom, and I now own a PRS." :D

haha, sorry, I meant October 31st thru December 31st.

satchmo72
12-05-2012, 07:36 AM
I got my package in mid Nov. Two weeks after I sent the receipt in. I lucked out. I had talked to Sweetwater on Wed. 31st about my Custom 24 and when I actually bought it was not going to be until Saturday 3rd, when I picked it up. While I was emailing back and forth, the website updated and showed the gift.

It is really cool. I got a hat for my bald head and a bunch of other goodies. Thanks PRS

CoreyT
01-03-2013, 05:08 AM
Mine was sent in the 3rd of December, no package yet.
How long did it take for others to get theirs after they sent in their receipt?

Shawn@PRS
01-03-2013, 07:41 AM
Hi Corey,

Please allow 6-8 weeks to receive your package. It may come a bit sooner than that, but the factory was shut down for a week during the holidays so I don't want to promise a date we can't delivery on.

Thanks

south89
01-03-2013, 08:27 AM
I sent in my receipt for my 408 HOG probably about 3 to 4 weeks ago and already received my 1st one :biggrin:. I must say once again the fine people at PRS have outdone themselves. The strap is really quite impressive. Now I just have to wait for the one that I sent in for my NOS ME.

slang05
01-03-2013, 11:58 AM
Hey Shawn! I bought my 513 a few weeks back and sent off all the info PRS needed for the "Thank You" stuff. I did buy the guitar brand new at Guitar Center, but it was a 2009 model. Been hanging on the wall forever and had been passed around from store to store. Am I going to have any issues getting my holiday thank you stuff since it was a 2009 model? The receipt showed it was a new guitar and the purchase date. The standard Guitar Center receipt.

Shawn@PRS
01-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Hey Shawn! I bought my 513 a few weeks back and sent off all the info PRS needed for the "Thank You" stuff. I did buy the guitar brand new at Guitar Center, but it was a 2009 model. Been hanging on the wall forever and had been passed around from store to store. Am I going to have any issues getting my holiday thank you stuff since it was a 2009 model? The receipt showed it was a new guitar and the purchase date. The standard Guitar Center receipt.

Nope, not a problem. As long as the proper paperwork was sent in, you'll get your Thank You pack as well.

Shawn@PRS
01-03-2013, 12:44 PM
The strap is really quite impressive.

Thanks Matt. This is the same design as our normal Signature Strap, but we had these made in a special black on black color scheme.

slang05
01-03-2013, 01:16 PM
Thanks Shawn! Can't wait to get it! I think things like this are one of several things that makes PRS a class act above everyone else!

Chris528
01-03-2013, 05:41 PM
I think mine took 11 days to receive. Of course I only live an hour and a half from the factory.

CoreyT
01-10-2013, 03:25 AM
Just got the email alert from UPS.
I singed up with UPS for their new "My Choice" thing, and everything now shipped to me alerts me I have something on the way.
I no longer have to add the tracking numbers from Amazon or anywhere I buy stuff, UPS does it automatically for me, pretty cool.
Shipped on the 4th, will be here the 11th.
7 days is about normal from coast to coast.

This notice alerts you that the shipment listed below is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Scheduled Delivery Date: Friday, 01/11/2013

If the scheduled delivery needs to be changed, select the Tracking Number below or log on to ups.com to request a delivery change from the tracking detail.

Shipment 1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tracking Number: ****************
Shipper: PRS GUITARS

CoreyT
01-11-2013, 04:50 PM
Thank you PRS!
Who said Christmas was over :D

We got:
Beanie hat
PRS strap
Signature Series 18' orange cord
Coffee mug
Badge lanyard
PRS sticker

http://www.pnw4runners.com/guitar_stuff/goodies_2.jpg

Nick Kustreba
05-15-2013, 08:45 PM
Hm...I bought my custom 24 from sweetwater on 11/2 with the promise of this gift pack -- I mailed everything in about a week after I got the guitar, and still to this day I have not received anything.
I've emailed PRS countless times, posted on their twitter, etc. -- all ignored.
Should I just forget about it..?

CoreyT
05-16-2013, 02:54 AM
Ask Shawn on the forum here, see if they received your entry for it.

pturpin123
05-16-2013, 08:10 AM
I'm still waiting for mine as well. I purchased from Sweetwater in late December. I believe they are still shipping the packs out.

pturpin123
06-11-2013, 07:54 AM
Are you guys still waiting?