PDA

View Full Version : Introduce yourself!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Guitargonish
06-27-2012, 09:10 PM
And so I will.
I'll leave the name and job stuff for the sig.
I bought my first PRS used in 1988 or so, a Std24. I had heard of these, and got lucky enough to find one. Wish I still had it, but I sold it to buy a Super 400...
I play Klein guitars a lot. I have three. I know Lorenzo German pretty well. (Please, if you're one of his former customers, don't ask me to help you get your guitar that you ordered way back there, I have one on order too.). I try to keep my GAS disease under control, but guitars are tax write offs for me, so it's pretty easy to justify them.
After years of looking at them again, I bought a Hollowbody Spruce from Brian Meader when he was still at Washington Music Center near DC, three years ago. Then I bought a Studio from him last year. I love that too. It sounds different, and I like that. I want a P22.
I play jazz. Not much rock and roll. But I do like to get a variety of sounds from a guitar, and these do it.
I really admire PRSh's drive to make a really good instrument. I've never met him, but I'd like to. He seems to be just a bit obsessed about making things as good as he can, and I really like that.
My job is in the Maritime provinces of Canada, and there's not much available. I'd like to try one of the new amps, but there aren't any near me there.
Guitars are more fun than just about anything else.
I'm in.

mithogo
06-27-2012, 11:16 PM
Welcome Professor!

james
11-29-2012, 10:53 AM
Welcome to the PRS Forum!

New members...old members: Who are you? Where are you from? How did you end up on a PRS Forum? How did PRS get on your radar?

Boogeyman
11-29-2012, 12:28 PM
Brand new here, just discovered this place from the PRS facebook page... I have a 2001 Royal Blue Custom22 non 10 top with tone pros adjustable bridge, 3 way switch and modern eagle pickups. It had a 5 way switch and dragon 2's in it and I put Dragon 1's in it for a while and then switched to the 3 way and ME pickups. I also just recently bought a 2006 20th SC in Blue Matteo. Artist Upgrade with gold hardware and brazillian fret board. This guitar is a tone monster and the most comfortable guitar I've ever held!
My amp is a 1987 Marshall Silver Jubilee 2253 (small box 25/50W head) and 2-2x12 cabinets. I also use a Boss GT6 effects pedal...
Glad to have pund this place, will be checking it all out and will try to figure out how to post pics.

John Beef
11-29-2012, 12:28 PM
In the early 90s I was in high school, looking to make a step up from a crappy Series 10 plywood body super strat. One of the guys at AL&M in Virginia Beach showed me the 3 or 4 PRSi they had on the wall. I had never seen one before and the idea of spending that much on a guitar seemed outrageous - I was 16 and had probably made enough money in my entire life to buy one. So, I didn't even pull it off the wall for fear of nicking or dinging it and being on the hook for that kind of cash.

Then in the mid 90s I was in a band with a guy who had a '93 EG with a blue burst flame top, two Fralin domino pickups and a HFS. Killer guitar. I don't think he ever bought another guitar, last time I talked to him it was still his one and only.

After years of dinking and doinking around with parts guitars, building mongrel creations that Fender obviously ripped off from me :laugh: and now calls their Pawn Shop line, in 2006 I bought a USA PRS. I went looking for a humbucker guitar thinking SG, but the SGs I played all sounded bad to my ears. A few LPs were up there including an R8, but the black PRS (my avatar) won out and being the best guitar I could get for the money I had.

That was the beginning of the end. Lots of guitars have come and more have gone in the six years since but the black one remains.

I now have four guitars, 1 USA PRS, 2 SEs and the last is the best of the parts guitars I built. Its neck is a 25" scale conversion neck from USACG with a 10" fretboard radius, 6105 frets, .86" 1st fret depth and 1-11/16" nut width... sound familiar?

John Scrip
11-29-2012, 01:21 PM
"Back in the day" I had long hair and many devoted followers. Typical power metal type, made a decent living at it for a while, shared the stage with some of my 'heroes' at the time (Pantera, Savatage, Manowar, Overkill, Iced Earth and the like). I loved my Jacksons -- Criss Oliva (Savatage - RIP, buddy) loved Laney amps. I weaseled some Sava-stuff to Laney (already had a Laney deal), Criss weaseled some stuff to Jackson to get me a little "professional help" in that regard.

All that time, I secretly (maybe not so secretly) lusted after the studio-owner's (I was chief engineer at a Chicago area recording complex also at the time) exotic collection which featured several PRS Dragons, solid aluminum Jackson "Roswell" Rhoads, etc., etc., etc.

Long story short - The old days are gone, as is my hair and my six-pack. I'm still "in the industry" but now almost strictly as a mastering engineer (although it's not rare to slip in to some FOH work and theatrical sound design) which is fine -- I loved recording, I sort of loved performing, I absolutely HATED touring. Got rid of most of my guitars (actually the Jacksons were the first on the block), hung the rest on the walls in the rec-room where I ended up trading in this for that for a few years until the "bug bit" again.

Longer story shorter - Occasionally, I still get asked to "guest" with (whoever). It's usually something like "I'll see if I can get John to sit in one your acoustic version of (?) with your chamber orchestra (though I was never much of a classical guitarist). Recently I was asked by a local 'youth' orchestra (better than several 'non-youth' orchestras I've heard if you know what I mean) director to sit in on a few tunes for a couple concerts in 2013 -- This time, actual "rock" stuff.

So now I needed to actually get playing again. Brought in my "go-to" (a Dean Cadillac) to be set up by one of the best guitar techs I know and while I was there, I started lusting after PRS's again. It took a couple models to figure it out, but I wound up with my Santana SE model that's hanging off to my right. It took some tweaking, but I really, really like this thing. It still hums like a broken air conditioner (I think I'm going to change the pups at some point soon), but it plays like buttah. The Cadillac is now hanging in the rec-room at home. Found the forum just in typical forum-finding action. I'm a bit of a forum junkie - I moderate a couple mastering forums, hang at several others, member of a list of more "specialty" and brand-specific forums (this being one).

It's always nice to see what people are liking, disliking, fixing, doing, etc.

james
11-29-2012, 06:34 PM
Excellent. Welcome folks!

DRM_777
11-30-2012, 04:28 AM
Hey folks, new member here!

My name is Dale and I live in the North East of Scotland. Been playing guitar for over 20 years and I run my own business providing private guitar tuition.

Been playing PRS for years, though still only SE's as my budget wont let me stretch to an American one....yet! LOL

First PRS was one of the old Santana SE's with the greyish almost sparkly finish and the big dash like fret markers and black scratch plate. I sold it when I was a poor student and regretted it ever since....

Now I own one of the Scarlett Red 25th Anniversary Custom 24 SE's and I vow NEVER to sell it. It's just beautiful

Next on the cards is one of the new Custom 24-7 Strings when they become available in February!

Music wise, very much a metal fan with my key favourites being Chimaira and Devin Townsend, though I love the diversity of Devin's music and don't just listen to the metal stuff he does.

Thats it for now I guess, see you all around!

gush
12-02-2012, 09:14 PM
hi. Im steve howard. I own a mccarty, cu22 and a 2011 cu24 all very fine guitars. I guess I should mention my LP classic, G&L nighthawk and my schecter C-1 plus too. I play through a 1st gen 5150 head 5150 cabs with G-major doing the processing. I love music and have been in weekend warrior bands for 30+ years.

John
12-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Hi all,

My name is John, and I've only caught wind of this forum recently. I play guitar and write music poorly. Some of my musical buffoonery can be found here @ https://soundcloud.com/johnucol

I've played PRS guitars since the end of '04 (have and '11 Custom 24, '04, and '93 CE24), and they've been my bread and butter so to speak for live and recorded stuff, even though I have a few other guitars I use poorly. I primarily play/butcher metal and rock music, but I also play classical guitar and jazz, as well. (heck, I somehow made it jazz ensemble during junior year as undergrad. haha)

That's all for now, I suppose. Hope to see you guys around.

Shaker21
12-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Steve here

I'm from UK near Cambridge, home of pink Floyd

I play amongst many guitars a PRS Custom 24 57/08 and it is a pleasure to play

Just like to say Hi

prsrocker1988
12-09-2012, 08:26 PM
I've been here a little while but still new - so here's a quick hello.

I got into PRS back in 2007 ish when I picked up an SE Custom 22 on vacation. I was impressed with it and finally got my USA PRS in 2010. I got a Custom 24 limited edition with 57/08s. The SE is now heavily modified but the USA is bone stock other than just changing the rotary to a 3 way for faster pup changes live.

I've played in several bands, most famously as an Eagles tribute band doing Joe Walsh's parts for about 4 years. Now I'm in a party band that plays events, parties, BBQs, you name it. Not the touring thing the tribute band was.

Big Norm
12-13-2012, 10:13 AM
Hi everyone
Its been a while since ive been near a prs forum since BAM died.
I favour the older odd models that are no longer in production.
My main guitar is a black 86 PRS standard with birds, a red 92 EGII, a black maple capped 89 CE24 and a 20th anniversary standard.
I've recently been reunited with my first ever prs, which is another 89 (i think... more on that later) maple fingerboard CE24 with a chainsaw P'up. I originally didnt bond with this guitar because of the chainsaw pick up and traded it in for my main guitar
The reason a say i think its an 89 is its very hard to read the serial, i'll start a new thread on this in a bit, hopefully the PRS guru's can shed some light on this one.
Cheers

Fifthstone
12-22-2012, 05:50 PM
Greetings. New to this forum and a first time PRS owner as of this week, having gotten a new SE 245. Love it. I have been primarily a Fender player since starting out 25 years ago, but ?i now have full blown PRS fever. Looking at the Mira and Starla as my next acquisition.

mesa50w
12-24-2012, 07:08 PM
Hello..... Newbie alert...lots of stupid questions coming lol...Ill try to search for answers first.
Anyway Im a old school Gibson guy that just picked up a custom 22, moons, tremo, have no idea what the colur is called( great looking burst) the guy I bought it from said it was a 24??? lol craigslist buy at 1030 at night ...didnt evan realize it till I got it home..still didnt care the thing is so nice!

Ive always thought PRS were great guitars but know nothing about them, Im a big gear geek so I like to know the ins and outs of my gear. so Im sure Ill be reading and learning from everyone so I'll go ahead and say thanks to everyone thats took the time to share their knowledge on here

Anyway off to learn alittle about PRS and to find out what the name of my burst is:vroam:

JMintzer
12-24-2012, 09:35 PM
I joined the old original PRS Forum, back in '99. Shortly afterwards, I was asked to become a moderator, and did so thru it's end. I also moderate The Gear Page (but I've been slacking lately) and BaM, trying desperately, along with Big Mike to hold it together thru it's last years of neglect.

Sadly, It it appears didn't fit in too well on VR, so I'm no longer there...

I've been thru probably 30, or so PRS guitars, and I've been luck enough to attend all of the PRS Experiences and the PRS Forum events from back in 2000-2003. I've also been luck enough to meet so many of you guys (and gals) in person...

Jamie

shreddersdad
12-30-2012, 12:20 PM
Hello,
I just joined the forum ....My son Connor has been playing for 4 years now and some how we managed to acquire 2 prs guitar and an amp......That's why I'm here I love the quality of the prs line and the look....Great to be here and hello to all...........Ray

Solocaller
01-02-2013, 02:59 PM
Hey folks, new member here. I've been lurking for several months and decided to finally join up. Anyway, I starting playing guitar last March after a nearly lifelong obsession with them. A friend of mine invited me over to his house one day and he ended up taking out his Les Paul and jamming. I told him that I had always wanted to play and he offered to get me started. So after aquiring a Les Paul Studio and an amp, I was on my way. I'm a little embarrassed to say that most of my early lessons came from the Rocksmith game, but it has been alot of fun and really inspired me to keep going. If I knew now what I didn't know then, I would have realized that my Les Paul had some build issues that I never noticed while picking single notes. So after I found out that I was hopelessly addicted to guitar, I started searching for a better axe. I originally lusted after a historic Les Paul, but the price and the fear of getting another dud had me looking for something better and a little cheaper. Long story short, I'm waiting for my first PRS purchase to show up, a '12 SC 58 in eriza verde with a quilt top. Absolutely gorgeous guitar. I'm really looking forward to getting to know you guys and share my love for these beautiful guitars.

dbonanno
01-03-2013, 09:29 PM
My name is Dino and I just joined the forum.
I am the proud owner of a 1986 Custom 24.
My dad bought the guitar new from Washington Music Center.
The guitar is unique in that it has a one piece top and a tone control in place of the "sweet switch".
The story goes, it was a "special order" for a customer who had cancelled the order.
I'm not sure if that's true or not. It may possibly be an "employee guitar". I don't know.

My dad had cancer and passed away 5 years ago, but he gave this guitar to me a couple years before he passed because he said he wanted to be around to see me enjoy it. I've since bought several PRS guitars, but this one not only has that early PRS "mojo", plays and sounds incredible ... but it's very special to me just because it was my dads. My dad and I also took a tour of the PRS factory when they were still in Annapolis. What an AWESOME experience!

Anyway ... I was a member of "Birds and Moons" many years ago, but I guess that site is long gone now.
I look forward to meeting new people here and maybe learning more about PRS!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a274/DinoBonanno/86CustomTopa.jpg

markie
01-03-2013, 09:50 PM
Welcome to the Forum guys :hello:

Baimun
01-04-2013, 12:57 AM
I'm Baimun and I first became obsessed with PRS guitars around 1988 or so where I played a weird swirly-gunmetal guitar from a manufacturer I had never heard of in a local music store. I was just a poor kid playing pawn shop guitars and used amps. Flash forward many years, bar bands, and guitars later and that guitar still haunted me. I kept kicking myself for not selling a kidney or such an buying it. I figured I was a "grown up" (whatever that meant) and deserved a nice guitar and started out with an Anniversary guitar that was similar to that original teenage obsession.

http://baimun.home.comcast.net/~baimun/prs6.jpg

Over the next 7 or 8 years, I owned several different PRS.... Custom 22, Swamp Ash, etc... and one St. Patty's day I actually ran into the guy who STILL OWNS that guitar that I played all those years ago.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/419028_2932591482368_933242187_n.jpg

My favorite PRS is this Goldtop with an Indian Rosewood neck, hybrid hardware, and 57/08 pickups.
http://baimun.home.comcast.net/~baimun/cu2212.jpg

Bill SAS 513
01-04-2013, 05:21 AM
My love afair w/ PRSi started around 87, when I was working in a local (Westminster)Guitar shop and a plain white (probably a Standard) came through the door...we just picked up the line and I had read about them, and they were great from the start...I have had access to many new and used PRS and have bought, sold and traded many...and have loved them all. Big Steeler fan, and unfortunately, just sitting on the couch eating doritoes this year, but thats ok...they've had a good 8 year run...Absolutely lucky to live so close to Stevensville...have been to all Experiences, and they just keep getting better!!! My son loves them , too. Huge Rush fan...because their music is so challanging, fun to think about, and they put on the best live show I've ever seen...Been to over 200 concerts, with about 20% being Rush, and they keep getting better.

artisan4
01-08-2013, 04:41 AM
Hello, I first became aware of PRE guitars when I moved to DC in 1987. Have always been into Gibsons primarily. I would see PRA guitars at Matt Umanov in NYC, always great looking finishes, etc. Finally picked up a '97 Standard in Vintage Cherry finish. Pickups really cut through/powerful, very comfortable guitar.

artisan4
01-08-2013, 04:44 AM
That's 'PRS', droid apparently likes PRE and PRA guitars.

RyanCowanFOF
01-13-2013, 04:49 PM
Hi guys, my Name is Ryan, everyone calls me Cowan though. I found this forum when I was looking for info on upgrading my 2011 tremonti birds SE and I thought it rude not to join the family.
I'm a rhythm guitarist and proud, (i wanted to be a drummer originally but didn't have the space for a kit, so I aimed to do it through my guitar playing instead and I've never went back.) I play in a 5 piece alt rock band (links on my profile)...
Thanks for the help via the forums and I look forward to sharing interests!

Current guitars: 2011 tremonti se, Michael Kelly vex exotic
Amps: KLD gt30 head and Taurus high gain stomp head 4.

Keletcaster
01-14-2013, 06:57 PM
I guess from the handle its easy to spot I'm a Fender guy. I picked up a PRS one back in May that has become one of my favorites in my collection. I am recently installing a Hip Shot B/G bender on it I also have replaced all the electrical with a Reilander hand wound P90 & a concentric pot to add a tone. I love this guitar & plan on buying more PRS guitars in the future. Nice to be part of this fine forum.

urlhttp://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o774/keletcaster/Hipshotinplace002_zps552da03d.jpg

urlhttp://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o774/keletcaster/SEOneConcentric002_zps457acb59.jpg

mariosebastian
01-17-2013, 09:30 AM
hi my name is mario i am a proud owner of a couple nice PRS's hope to share some of my stories with you guys, i would love to post pics but i dont know how can anyone help?

Raven17
01-17-2013, 09:35 AM
Long time lurker, new member born and raised in Maryland. My love affair with electric guitars started in 1981 when I heard Randy Rhoads on Ozzy's first solo album. I was in bands all thru high school and was a Charvel, Jackson, Kramer and ESP guy. I played hard rock and metal and was on a first name basis with the owner and staff of the only decent guitar shop in Southern Maryland, Hot Licks. They always managed to keep an awesome selection of guitars in stock and the guitar of my dreams was a Gibson Les Paul Custom. Every time I went there (at least once per week) I would end up sitting in front of a Randall stack and one of the never ending stream of LP Customs or Standards that flowed thru that store. At the time there was no way I could afford those Gibsons. One day the shop owner, Paul, advised me to try what at the time was a relatively new guitar made right here in my home state. He took the Gibson from me and put the first PRS I'd ever touched in my hands. It was a dark blue PRS Special and anyone who has had one of those life altering, perception changing moments can relate to what the next hour or so was for me. Sadly it was many years and many lesser guitars later before I could afford to purchase either one of those guitars. But now, in my 40's I can proudly claim to own and love dozens of guitars! And yes, I did manage to finally purchase both Gibson and PRS guitars. I have 2 Les Paul Customs, a Standard and a Silverburst Studio. But my pride and joy are my 3 PRS guitars! A blue Custom 24 (of course) a tribal Tremonti and a one-off Tremonti Signature that I just bought in September at the factory experience. I look forward to attending this years PRS Experience, where I plan to add either a 513 or the new hotness, the 408. Come on September ! LOL

echos
01-19-2013, 07:35 AM
I'm echos. I bought my first PRS about 2 years ago. A Willcutt limited wood Ted McCarty DC245. Yeah, nice one to break the ice with. Best guitar I've ever played. That was quickly followed by a 25th Aniv 305 and 25th Mira. Maybe in the not too distant future ill grab me a DGT, but I'm content for now. Look forward to soaking up some knowledge on PRS from you guys.

Thanks

Masami
01-21-2013, 12:17 PM
Hello, from Japan. Old rookie is here:D I love PRS guitars.

Thanks

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T !
01-21-2013, 12:27 PM
Hello, from Japan. Old rookie is here:D I love PRS guitars.

Thanks

Welcome, Masami San!

dmorton67
01-29-2013, 11:07 AM
I'm Dave. I recently have been very interested in PRS. I tested out the 2 channel H amp and purchased it. I definitely needed an upgrade from my old princeton reverb II from the early 80's. That should be coming in any day now as it had to be ordered. Next up is a 408 but need to save a little bit before then.

Dkimber
01-30-2013, 12:31 PM
Hey all, name is David, and I worked at PRS in the early 90's (around 90-93ish). It was a fantastic, fun, wild experience and I have a lot of good memories of Paul and the guys there. Just tripped onto this forum randomly and thought I'd see what everyone was talking about :)

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T !
01-30-2013, 12:36 PM
Hey all, name is David, and I worked at PRS in the early 90's (around 90-93ish). It was a fantastic, fun, wild experience and I have a lot of good memories of Paul and the guys there. Just tripped onto this forum randomly and thought I'd see what everyone was talking about :)

You! Where the hell have you been? ;)

Welcome, David.

Danerada
01-30-2013, 12:37 PM

Hey Dkimber. Welcome to the forum! What did you do at PRS?

Dkimber
01-30-2013, 01:12 PM
Initially I worked on the neck team; sanding, carving, inlays, fretting, etc. After about a year or so I got an opportunity to work in the Final Assembly area. There you get the guitar straight from the buffing room and install all the hardware, cut the nut, string it up, strum it a few (or more..) times, then hand it to the guy who wipes your fingerprints off and puts it in the case for shipping.

dwoverdrive
02-03-2013, 11:34 AM
My name is Doug and I am a Custom 22 owner since 2001! I have a great emerald green one-off that is sadly for sale. I have always had an affinity for PRS guitars and I will own another one someday. Right now times are tough and we have two little ones and could use some extra dough. PRS guitars are so versatile and intonate so well its just crazy. Ive never played anything like them and its such a unique company and I have owned many other guitars. They have a special something for sure.

Desperado
02-03-2013, 03:37 PM
Hey,

My name is Mike, I'm from rainy England, and I'm DESPERATE for a PRS guitar!

Thought I would hang out here, get all the gossip and drool over the wonderful pictures you guys keep posting.

It's my 40th birthday later this year (November) and its the soonest I will be able to grab one of these amazing guitars.

Not sure on my budget yet, at minimum it will be a SE custom 24, at best the cheapest brand new custom 24, but most likely a used custom 24.

Thanks for reading, I'll try not to get in the way whilst I wait to become a proper member and PRS owner :)

Mikegarveyblues
02-03-2013, 04:51 PM
Hey,

My name is Mike, I'm from rainy England, and I'm DESPERATE for a PRS guitar!

Thought I would hang out here, get all the gossip and drool over the wonderful pictures you guys keep posting.

It's my 40th birthday later this year (November) and its the soonest I will be able to grab one of these amazing guitars.

Not sure on my budget yet, at minimum it will be a SE custom 24, at best the cheapest brand new custom 24, but most likely a used custom 24.

Thanks for reading, I'll try not to get in the way whilst I wait to become a proper member and PRS owner :)

Hey Desperado, welcome aboard the good ship PRS! Don't hang back and join in! :)

Where abouts in England are you?

The SE Custom 24's are great guitars. I got one for Xmas (The newer 2012 model) and also have a Bernie Marsden. Love them both!

If you can get a new 2012 C24 cool, but even the older model is a great guitar, just with a flatter top and the toggle instead of blade switch. Cosmetics mainly unless i've missed something. You can get the older model new for a very good price still in some shops. I have to admit though that the bevelled top of the newer models makes them look very classy indeed!

Desperado
02-03-2013, 06:01 PM
I'm from Gloucestershire. I'm lucky to be living near a PRS specialist (World Guitars) who are great guys and allow me to drop in and dream from time to time.

Any CU24 model will do me. I can grab a new one for sound 2k or a used for as little as 1.5k. I'll just be happy to own anything that sounds and plays nice!

Texas_minor_blues
02-03-2013, 06:20 PM
So glad to see that so many folks from BaM are here
Been playing PRS since mid 90s and in the last few years I have become an addict to indian rosewood necks to the point that I find it hard to play anything else (which is great for GAS, except when PRS releases a new model with IRW neck options -- damn gassing for a new 245.....).

SixStringZombie
02-05-2013, 08:26 PM
Hello All. I registered here when it first started but haven't gotten around to posting until now. I was sadly PRS-less for a while due, but just picked up a Starla LTD today that I'm loving. Haven't hardly put it down since taking it out of the box nearly 5 hours ago.

I'm a Maryland native. Grew up in Howard Co, now I reside in Carroll Co. I've owned a number of PRS over the years...CE's, Singlecut Trem, Mira. Good to be here, looking forward to all the good guitar talk.

DanLono53
02-09-2013, 11:48 AM
Hi to all!

I am brand new to this forum. I started playing guitar again last spring after stopping when I started College (huge mistake). So 30 years on, I started playing again when my now 11 year old son began playing. I have a Gretsch electromatic Jet Pro, an Ibanez Talman acoustic and just ordered a PRS SE Santana which I should be getting very soon.

My amp is a Fender Mustang 2. My set up not pro like in any way, but I have a great time and guitar playing helped recover from a concussion I suffered last summer.

I fell on the PRS site while looking for a new guitar. I wanted something different from the usual Fender, Gibson variety. I was really impressed by the PRS guitars and was delighted to find the SE series which fits my playing level and budget (Cannot justify a $3k guitar with a family). I tried them at a local guitar shop in Montreal, Canada where I lived and loved the PRS guitars! I hesitated between the SE Santana and the SE Custom 24. The real question being which one I will buy first... I opted for the Santana first and will plan for the SE Custom 24 for 2014. The SE Santana should help me grow my skill level.

I'm 53 and an IT consultant. Also an avid golfer so if you want to talk PRS guitars AND golf, well it will be a pleasure!!

Cheers!

D.

veinbuster
02-09-2013, 12:35 PM
Welcome Dan.
The Santana is a good place to start.

markie
02-09-2013, 01:24 PM
Welcome to the Forum Dan............. :shakehands:

Love the Avatar BTW...................... Great choice IMHO :rock: :biggrin:

11top
02-09-2013, 01:29 PM
Welcome Dan!

DanLono53
02-09-2013, 02:54 PM
Thank-you!

On reason I chose the Santana is that I found the scale very comfortable and its the same lenght as my Gretsch. Do you have both the Santana and Custom 24?

Cheers!

D.

DanLono53
02-09-2013, 02:56 PM
Thank you. :shakehands:

Like your Avatar taste as well!! ;)

DanLono53
02-09-2013, 02:57 PM
Thank-you!

Hammerheart
02-12-2013, 02:07 PM
Hello!
New PRS SE Fredrik Akesson model owner here. Someone told me there were some photos of this model with some brushed nickel covers fitted so I thought I would come have a look and join up at the same time. If anyone knows where i might find those pics it would be much appreciated!

Danerada
02-12-2013, 02:10 PM
Hello Hammer!!!! I don't know where those pics are, but I will look...

Hammerheart
02-12-2013, 02:47 PM
I've done a serch for all the obvious keywords but cant seem to find anything. Some great looking guitars on here :D

Mikegarveyblues
02-12-2013, 03:49 PM
Hello!
New PRS SE Fredrik Akesson model owner here. Someone told me there were some photos of this model with some brushed nickel covers fitted so I thought I would come have a look and join up at the same time. If anyone knows where i might find those pics it would be much appreciated!

Hey Hammer, welcome.

Is it his one? (Post #131)

http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?870-Show-your-SE!/page7

sergiodeblanc
02-12-2013, 03:53 PM
hey buddy.

RichardJ
02-14-2013, 07:15 AM
Have been a Fender man for too many years but just find all of their current offerings too sterile and just no fun to play. Was given an opportunity to trade my American Deluxe Strat for the oh so blue CE22 you see. Why didn't I just get one of these before? Really pleased I did and proud to be a PRS owner.http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h396/richardcj/CE22.jpg

Desperado
02-14-2013, 01:36 PM
Wow nice swap! Welcome :)

Steph
02-14-2013, 01:49 PM
Welcome!
Nice trade! Awesome blue color! :congrats:

TxPRS
02-17-2013, 01:52 PM
So I've been playing guitar for about 10 years now and have always lusted after a PRS guitar. Well this past week I finally took the plunge, and without even getting a chance to play it, I bought this gorgeous guitar off eBay. It's a 2006 (built in 2007) Custom 22 20th anniversary 10 top. I threw a new set of strings on it, and it plays like a dream! Have hardly been able to put it down.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u632/TxPRS/IMG_20130215_173536_813_zps9a7711cf.jpg

sergiodeblanc
02-17-2013, 02:07 PM
Hey buddy, welcome aboard! Nice CU22!!!

Eseffinga
02-18-2013, 07:36 AM
I'm old... but new.

I've owned many many PRSi over the years. I don't own a PRS.
I see a lot of the same names here from back in the day, and plenty that are new to me.
I am also completely unfamiliar with many of PRS' latest offerings, but the PTC has my interest piqued and so here I am.
Again.

Same as it ever was.
-e.

stilly_the_stud02
02-20-2013, 06:20 PM
Hello.....im Cooper and im 13 and I have been playing guitar for 2 and half years.....I have 2 SEs; a singlecut and an Angelus electric/acoustic.

Shawn@PRS
02-20-2013, 06:25 PM
Welcome Cooper!

veinbuster
02-20-2013, 06:42 PM
Welcome Cooper.
It seems like you have a good pair of guitars to continue learning on.

Shawn@PRS
02-20-2013, 07:34 PM
Forum Rule #1, you must post lots and lots of pictures of your guitars. :)

Fbrandw
02-20-2013, 08:09 PM
Forum rule #2....See rule #1 :) Welcome Cooper!

Dirty Bob
02-20-2013, 08:19 PM
Welcome Cooper!!! Great to have you aboard!

PFL
02-21-2013, 08:45 AM
Hi Y'all i'm new to the forum and currently do have 3 PRS guitars , they are truly inspirational instruments , also have one 2 channel C amp and waiting on my new blistertone to have the effect loop installed - dying to test it. I've been playing for a long time and had a couple of PRS.

PRS guitars just make good to your soul...........

Thank Peter

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u632/Peter_Furlanetto/IMG_0575_zps96039527.jpg

http://s1325.beta.photobucket.com/user/Peter_Furlanetto/media/IMG_0575_zps96039527.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Albrecht Smuten
02-21-2013, 08:50 AM
Hello.....im Cooper and im 13 and I have been playing guitar for 2 and half years.....I have 2 SEs; a singlecut and an Angelus electric/acoustic.

Hi there :wave:

Albrecht Smuten
02-21-2013, 08:51 AM
Hi Y'all i'm new to the forum and currently do have 3 PRS guitars , they are truly inspirational instruments , also have one 2 channel C amp and waiting on my new blistertone to have the effect loop installed - dying to test it. I've been playing for a long time and had a couple of PRS.

Hi there :wave:

zeke665
02-21-2013, 06:00 PM
What's up everybody! Zeke here and I'm a PRS nerd. I've been playing and selling them for several years and I can't get enough.

veinbuster
02-21-2013, 06:20 PM

Nice guitars and great choice in amps.
Welcome to the forum.

What's up everybody! Zeke here and I'm a PRS nerd. I've been playing and selling them for several years and I can't get enough.

Hi Zeke.
Welcome to the nerd herd.

Yossi
02-26-2013, 02:55 PM
Hi Everyone. This is my first post over here. I used to be a member of Birds and Moons, and then moved over to The GearPage where I've been hanging out since 2004. I'm sure that some of us have met on line.
I only have two PRS guitars: a Modern Eagle I trem. and a Hollowbody I Artist w/Piezzo. Both are great guitars. I'm anxious to try a DGT at some point too.

Here are pictures of my PRS guitars:
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee26/yossi_silverman/BeforeNov208247.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee26/yossi_silverman/IMG_1650.jpg

Happy to be here.

veinbuster
02-26-2013, 03:31 PM
Those two cover a lot of ground.
Welcome to the forum.

jfb
02-26-2013, 04:08 PM
Incredible pair to have. Welcome.

Yossi
02-26-2013, 04:45 PM
Thank you for the welcome. Both are different enough to keep it interesting. I try not to have too much overlap.

MikeJ
02-27-2013, 10:26 AM
Hi All, I was on BaM as A440. I'm definitely a PRS fan, and have 3 that are all very different. My #1 for many yrs is a CE-22 goldtop.

I also have 2 McTrems. One humbucker model in Amber Burst (I think), and the other is a Vintage Cherry Soap Std. I'm playing in a blues band and these all get played.

Obligatory pics below :D

All the Best,
Mike J.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/gyroman/PRSi/PRSi/Picture013.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/gyroman/PRSi/IMG_1521.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/gyroman/PRSi/Picture216.jpg

Yossi
02-27-2013, 10:37 AM
Welcome Mike. You and I joined at the same time, just about. I love the look of your Amber burst! Sweet.

MikeJ
02-27-2013, 01:25 PM
Welcome Mike. You and I joined at the same time, just about. I love the look of your Amber burst! Sweet.

Thank you Yossi! Your ME is sweet as well. I've played a couple of DGT's. The neck profile is a little different than the Wide Fat (all of mine are WF, but they vary). I have carpal tunnel, and the WF works better for me, less hand fatigue.

sergiodeblanc
02-27-2013, 03:18 PM
Welcome aboard Mike, great looking CE!

Mikegarveyblues
02-27-2013, 05:30 PM
Wecome aboard chaps!

Love that Modern Eagle Yossi!

hairychris
02-28-2013, 07:51 AM
Ex BaMmer who has only just registered.... To say that I'm behind the times is an understatement!

Shawn@PRS
02-28-2013, 08:05 AM
Welcome Chris

Andi
03-05-2013, 02:01 PM
Hello everyone, I'm writing from Italy.
I'm 36 years old, I've been the lead guitar player in a band back in high school/college years, then I moved to a new city, didn't have a band and... stopped playing guitar some years ago, unfortunately.
Some months ago I started playing again my acoustic guitar, and even if it's a bit frustrating after all these years, I'm really committed and I want to improve.
I thought I needed a small... "gift" for my commitment so I thought "when I was a teenager I was dreaming about that PRS Custom I once tried in a store, but could not afford, so... why not now, you're 36!".
So 10 minutes ago I did something a bit crazy. Instead of buying a cheap guitar, so that I can get comfortable again with electric ones, I decided to order exactly the guitar I fell in love with many years ago. I found a new, 2011 Fire Red 25th Anniversary Custom 24, and ten minutes later I was already counting the days before DHL will ship it. :p
I'm sure I'll enjoy my time here and I'm looking forward to receiving advice from all of you.
Thanks a lot,
A.

Shawn@PRS
03-05-2013, 02:07 PM
Rock on Andi, welcome to the club! \m/

Steph
03-05-2013, 02:08 PM
Welcome to the forum Andi.

Post some pics of your dream guitar when you receive it. This forum is "pics addict" ;)

Andi
03-05-2013, 02:09 PM
Thanks a lot Steph! Definitely will! For the moment I saved all the pics from the dealer website :)

veinbuster
03-05-2013, 10:50 PM
Welcome Andi.

jfb
03-06-2013, 05:27 AM
Welcome to the Official PRS Forum.

Albrecht Smuten
03-06-2013, 06:09 AM
Hello everyone, I'm writing from Italy.
I'm 36 years old, I've been the lead guitar player in a band back in high school/college years, then I moved to a new city, didn't have a band and... stopped playing guitar some years ago, unfortunately.
Some months ago I started playing again my acoustic guitar, and even if it's a bit frustrating after all these years, I'm really committed and I want to improve.
I thought I needed a small... "gift" for my commitment so I thought "when I was a teenager I was dreaming about that PRS Custom I once tried in a store, but could not afford, so... why not now, you're 36!".
So 10 minutes ago I did something a bit crazy. Instead of buying a cheap guitar, so that I can get comfortable again with electric ones, I decided to order exactly the guitar I fell in love with many years ago. I found a new, 2011 Fire Red 25th Anniversary Custom 24, and ten minutes later I was already counting the days before DHL will ship it. :p
I'm sure I'll enjoy my time here and I'm looking forward to receiving advice from all of you.
Thanks a lot,
A.

:hello:

DM426
03-06-2013, 05:40 PM
Hello from a new PRS owner. Pics incoming in a day or two.

James465
03-06-2013, 06:52 PM
Hello Forum, My name is James, I live in Phoenix, AZ. about me...... I work in an office (ugh) Selling Bee pollen products (alright!) and when I'm done with that, I come home and play my guitar. I've been checking out the Forum, and I just became owner of a SE Tremonti. My other guitar,(heh) is a early '90's Korean Epiphone LP flame, with a JB/'59 set inside. Glad to be here. http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af234/marvin65/kiah026.jpg

James465
03-06-2013, 07:08 PM
I wated to post the Epiphone also, I hope that's cool...http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af234/marvin65/IMG_0088.jpg

Ashes7730
03-06-2013, 09:57 PM
I'm bad at intro. So i bought a new PRS Se custom semi-hollow guitar from Tundra Music at a really good price and even got free delivery. It came with a sweet red gig bag. The guys who work there went above and beyond
to make me happy. I wanted to make sure i was buying the right guitar and for the value. I'm impressed with the workmanship thats put into the SE at the low price. I know the PRS can fetch $4000 for some models.
Thats my story.. peace out

Desperado
03-07-2013, 03:01 AM
Nice choice, but can we see some pics!

I would love to grab a SE semi hollow myself.

mzabo
03-08-2013, 09:35 AM
Hello from Md, recently bought a PRS SE 245 during black friday sales, got a hot deal, really impressed with quality and playability. Looking forward to attend PRS Experience. Would like to get a SE Custom 24 and a SE Bass in the future...

lgk1208
03-09-2013, 01:49 PM
Hello everyone, my name is Larry. I've been lurking for awhile but decided to register. I'm different from all of you because I do not play guitar. I took 2 semesters of guitar in community college when I was 19 but unfortunetly I spent my time partying instead of practicing. wanting to get back into learning guitar. I have a cheapy accoustic now but would like a new guitar. I find it hard to make time to practice with busy family life. And I try to teach myself but I find myself saying "there's always tomorrow" but I need and want to get out of this rut. I had a friend suggest paying for lesson for the reason that it would motivate me to practice more because I wouldn't want to be waisting my money. I agree but things are always tight with the money around here(large family and single income). I am going to use some tax return this year to get new guitar. I want a SE CU24 or SE Angelus custom. I really want the SE CU24 but was always told "you should learn on an accousic 1st". So IDK what to do yet. Opinions welcome. I learn alot reading here and thank you all. Keep it up. :D

Steph
03-09-2013, 02:28 PM
Hello everyone, my name is Larry. I've been lurking for awhile but decided to register. I'm different from all of you because I do not play guitar. I took 2 semesters of guitar in community college when I was 19 but unfortunetly I spent my time partying instead of practicing. wanting to get back into learning guitar. I have a cheapy accoustic now but would like a new guitar. I find it hard to make time to practice with busy family life. And I try to teach myself but I find myself saying "there's always tomorrow" but I need and want to get out of this rut. I had a friend suggest paying for lesson for the reason that it would motivate me to practice more because I wouldn't want to be waisting my money. I agree but things are always tight with the money around here(large family and single income). I am going to use some tax return this year to get new guitar. I want a SE CU24 or SE Angelus custom. I really want the SE CU24 but was always told "you should learn on an accousic 1st". So IDK what to do yet. Opinions welcome. I learn alot reading here and thank you all. Keep it up. :D

Hey lgk1208! Welcome to the forum.

I just want to say, that "you should learn on an acoustic 1st" is real BS. I started with a fake strat trying to play some Van Halen. 25+ years later, I'm still goin at it and having a lot of fun. I kinda believe in what Billy Gibbons once said : "Learn to play what you want to hear".

The goal is having fun.

So go get the guitar that you want and start playing what you want. The rest will follow.

joebalaguer
03-09-2013, 02:34 PM
Hey guys! I've been a PRS fan for quite sometime but not an owner until recently. I have a PRS SE 7 coming next Thursday and a PRS Custom 22 LTD Semi-Hollow on Monday! I'm a luthier, guitarist, and avid traveler. I use to build & design guitars for Acacia Custom Guitars here in California up until last month. I decided it was time to focus on music and branch out to amp/pedal building. muahaha.

I <3 PRS guitars. Stoked to be here. \m/ \m/

Mikegarveyblues
03-09-2013, 03:58 PM
Hey Joe, wecome!

joebalaguer
03-09-2013, 04:41 PM
Thanks Mike!

TGSCAN
03-09-2013, 04:51 PM
Hi my name is Brent Moss

I live for PRS guitars !!

www.theguitarshop.ca

James465
03-11-2013, 06:43 AM
Yes, Buying an SE model PRS will be money well spent. As for learning on an acoustic first, Well if you want to play acoustic. I think of it like, if I want to learn to drive in the United States, I wouldn't studying driving in the UK, because it's different. If you want to play electric, Learn electric. Besides, Electric is easier on your hands.

rich69
03-13-2013, 04:22 AM
Hi all,

Joining you from across the pond, my name is Richard and the new owner of a 2nd hand PRS Tremonti SE. Born and raised in the Netherlands, I started playing guitar when I was 19 using one of them written courses you can subscribe to (which takes a lot of perseverance and stamina), which I didn't have when I was 19...so I dropped it and left the guitar at 21, selling my Yamaha RGX112 and Peavey Bandit to a pawn shop...

My interest in guitar playing got triggered again when I was in my late thirties and got a cheapo noname western guitar for my b'day. Started taking lessons, bought some more guitars, and now ending up with (I believe, did a recent count) 16 guitars in total, two halfstacks, several pedals and other accessories.

I recently purchased a PRS Tremonti SE second-hand and am impressed with the quality! However I need some spare parts for the instrument and that's how I ended up here :)

Some personal notes on myself: I am 42 years old, work at an insurance company doing IT things, married, 3 kids ranging from the age of 9 to 16. If you want to know more, let me know.

Kind Regards,

Richard

JustRob
03-13-2013, 05:17 AM
Welcome aboard Rich. Enjoy the start of your new addiction. :wink:

lgk1208
03-13-2013, 09:46 AM
Welcome Richard your story is similar to mine except I'm a few years behind you. I'm new here to. Welcome.

JaySwear
03-16-2013, 04:42 PM
Hello all! An old Birds and Moons member (although I was barely active there). I've briefly owned a couple PRS and SE's over the years. Took the tour of the PRS factory in probably 2004 or 2005, and have loved the guitars ever since! Just found a used McCarty Soapbar today at a local store and have it on layaway until I can get back and make it officially mine this Friday. Very excited! Wish I had some information on it, but all I have is the picture from Guitar Center's Used Guitars section.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8108/8563505182_5665de32c7_z.jpg

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T !
03-16-2013, 04:49 PM
McSoapy! Killer.

BobbyD
03-16-2013, 05:16 PM
Hey forum!

I've been checking out the forum for a while and decided to finally introduce myself.

I'm a Baltimore native who has lived all over the place until settling in the Wilmington, DE area with my family.

I didn't start playing guitar until the tail end of 2011. As a drummer, I had to trust online reviews and the local music store to choose my first instrument. Luckily, I ended up with a Tremonti SE and fell in love.

For Father's Day last year my wife got me a Signature Club membership and made arrangements for us to go to Experience 2012. I was hooked. The music was amazing, the people were great, and I ended up buying MD-made guitars for my wife and I.

Thanks for all the great discussion, and I look forward to being a part of this great online community.

veinbuster
03-16-2013, 05:48 PM
For Father's Day last year my wife got me a Signature Club membership and made arrangements for us to go to Experience 2012. I was hooked. The music was amazing, the people were great, and I ended up buying MD-made guitars for my wife and I.

Most excellent.
Welcome aboard.

jfb
03-16-2013, 06:26 PM
Hey forum!

I've been checking out the forum for a while and decided to finally introduce myself.

I'm a Baltimore native who has lived all over the place until settling in the Wilmington, DE area with my family.

I didn't start playing guitar until the tail end of 2011. As a drummer, I had to trust online reviews and the local music store to choose my first instrument. Luckily, I ended up with a Tremonti SE and fell in love.

Thanks for all the great discussion, and I look forward to being a part of this great online community.

Great gift. Welcome.

DarrenJ1973
03-17-2013, 04:31 AM
Hello everyone joined the forum yesterday after getting my SE Angelus on Thursday, been playing guitar for a little over 25 years but have just sold all my electrics and amps as i'm now going down the acoustic route. Also a avid cyclist and when I'm not playing guitar i'm normally cycling between 50 and 100 miles up the side of some very big hills.

I've been a admirer of PRS guitars for a long time but given the other guitars I had I was kind of snobbish and only wanted the Maryland guitars, but now I have a SE I am very happy with it.

veinbuster
03-17-2013, 07:21 AM
Hello everyone joined the forum yesterday after getting my SE Angelus on Thursday, been playing guitar for a little over 25 years but have just sold all my electrics and amps as i'm now going down the acoustic route. Also a avid cyclist and when I'm not playing guitar i'm normally cycling between 50 and 100 miles up the side of some very big hills.

I've been a admirer of PRS guitars for a long time but given the other guitars I had I was kind of snobbish and only wanted the Maryland guitars, but now I have a SE I am very happy with it.
Good to have you.
I didn't know UK had big hills. Cycling is good anywhere though. I spent close to 20 hours on a bike on my vacation a week ago.

Mikegarveyblues
03-17-2013, 10:39 AM
Good to have you.
I didn't know UK had big hills. Cycling is good anywhere though. I spent close to 20 hours on a bike on my vacation a week ago.

The south of England, perticularly the South East is pretty flat but once you head up North we've got the Pennines, the Lake District, peak District, etc.. Some really great cycling and hiking spots.

Mikegarveyblues
03-17-2013, 10:56 AM
My name is Mike (Who da thunk?!). I was never a member of Birds And Moons so many of you where new to me when I joined this site a year ago. Not new to PRS though. I've been lusting after them since I first laid my hands on one at a guitar show sometime back in 2000/2001. Finally got my first one (SE Soapbar maple II) a few years back but stupidly sold it when I decided I wanted a guitar with humbuckers.

I came back to the PRS fold in late 2011 / early 2012 when I got the SE Bernie Marsden. The guitar blew me away and confirmed me as a solid fan of PRS guitars. Since then i've added an SE C24 to the stable and i'm sure there will be more PRS's down the line!

I've been playing guitar since I was 16 /17 so (Somewhat scarily) more than half my life. The early days where a little rocky but finally at the somewhat late age of 19 I started putting serious hours in on the instrument and things started to come together quickly. Been in a few bands since then and done a couple of music courses and studied music at Uni.

Fell out of love with music and guitar for a short while in the mid 2000's and sold a lot of my equipment. Thankfully, that didn't last too long and I got back into it but came back a slightly different - and very rusty player! More interested in writing and recording songs now than showboating. I'm a recording player for the most part these days. I've done a little teaching and I put lessons, covers, demos and original tunes on my Y'tube channel.

Hoping to get a band sorted later this year. recording at home is fun but a little limiting. You can't beat the fun of playing with other individuals!

DarrenJ1973
03-17-2013, 11:41 AM
The south of England, perticularly the South East is pretty flat but once you head up North we've got the Pennines, the Lake District, peak District, etc.. Some really great cycling and hiking spots.

Good to have you.

Yep that's where I'm at in the Northwest so I can take advantage of the Peak District and Snowdonia (more often the peak district though)....7 miles of category 2 climbs just to get to the Cat and fiddle, 20 miles of category 4 climbs to get to the base at Macclesfield. (8mph on the way up 50mph on the way down) Mow Cop is another good climb. one of my typical rides that is mapped ny the GPS in a iPhone show the hill profile very nicely http://app.strava.com/activities/43247185

Thanks for the welcome....you'd be surprised how many guitarists also cycle...

Jon van derlim
03-18-2013, 10:16 AM
Hi all, Jon here, I have just bought a rather lovely SE Custom 24 in Royal Blue and love it, its my first PRS and from what I have experienced it won't be my last...

I look forward to making some new friends here and learning more about PRS guitars and how to get the best out of them.

Thanks in advance

Jon

jaywhite
03-19-2013, 02:44 AM
Hi to all! I'm Jay and I love P22 in Fire Red Burst color. I'm looking forward to P22 users here. Thank you!

SgtDonnell
03-20-2013, 11:36 AM
Hi Everyone. My name is Mike. Got into playing live about 4 years ago. Not successful enough to afford any american made stuff yet but getting closer by the min! Started out on Epiphones but once i got my dirty lil hands on the SE line, that's all she wrote. The feel, better tone, flexibility i could go on for hours. Ne ways, Started a modern rock band a few years back called Fighting Gemini and have been rocking my SE's ever since. Thinking of doing some Pup swapping tho. Check us out and let me know what you think! www.FightingGemini.com

veinbuster
03-20-2013, 06:47 PM
I'm loving this new introductions on a daily basis.
Welcome Jon, Jay and Mike.

boxstop7
03-20-2013, 07:55 PM
Hey gang...my name is Jason. I'm a management consultant by day, and an amateur rocker by night. Currently playing locally in a three-piece acoustic cover band (two guitars and a percussionist), playing about 2 weekend gigs a month.

I've lusted after PRS guitars for nearly 20 years now (since I was about 16). Coming from pretty modest means, it was never a really an attainable goal for me for the longest time. When I graduated from college, my mom actually offered to buy a PRS as a graduation gift; she knew how badly I wanted one, but I knew she couldn't really afford it, so I told her that I appreciated it but we should settle on something more realistic. But in 2011, I fell completely in love with the Signature Limited Private Stock guitar (though it was still WAY outside my price range). The 2012 Siggy only reinforced my affinity, and when I found out that PRS had started making a 408MT as a production guitar, I think my heart skipped a beat. I finally found myself in a position, after so many years of waiting, to take the plunge. This past February, I placed an order with WMC for an Artist Package 408MT, and I'm expecting it in the coming 3-6 weeks. I'm beyond excited, a little terrified at spending so much on a single guitar, and absolutely dying over the suspense!

In doing a bit of lurking here over the past few weeks, it seems like many of you know each other quite well. Living in PRS country, I hope to someday be able to to peruse the facility. I've already told my girlfriend that I'd go over the Bay Bridge to visit vineyards with her if she agreed to swing by the factory with me. :-) I've recently started building my own guitars out of parts (I've got three or four concepts in my head), and last year I modded the crap out of a Schecter for the fun of it. I'm still learning, but I've fallen in love with the guitar all over again through the process of learning how it actually works. It's my goal to one day be able to afford a Private Stock guitar that I can pass down to my son as a family heirloom type thing, and I'm working hard toward that goal.

I'm really looking forward to joining the "family"!!!

andy474x
03-20-2013, 08:15 PM
Welcome Jason! Congrats on the new axe on the way, can't wait to see it - you owe us a NGD post when she comes in!!!
:)

boxstop7
03-20-2013, 08:22 PM
Welcome Jason! Congrats on the new axe on the way, can't wait to see it - you owe us a NGD post when she comes in!!!
:)

Thank you, good sir. And trust me...once it's actually in and I've picked it up, that NGD post is going to be one of the happiest moments of my life! :D

-ST-
03-24-2013, 07:47 AM
Hi,
Cheers to all,

Got my first PRS somewhere around 1994. Seems to me it was an all mahogany custom 22. Is that possible? I've had a bunch as time and tides went by. I'm down to three:
Single Cut Private Stock (in my avatar)
SCJ (Single Cut Jumbo) (it seems that you cannot search for "SCJ" on this forum)
Dragon III

I gig them all - because otherwise, what's the point.

Greetings from the left coast of Canada.

veinbuster
03-24-2013, 07:08 PM
Welcome ST.
Three 3 you kept strike me as a great trio - all worthy of photos.

DarrenJ1973
03-25-2013, 04:27 AM
Welcome to everyone who joined last week, as you can see by y post count it doesnt take long to become a senior member :flute: I can't believe I've made this many posts in a week...

-ST-
03-25-2013, 04:40 AM
Hi veinbuster,

Welcome ST.

Is there a thread specifically for pictures?

Here are a couple of the Private Stock for now. But as you'll see, I'm no photographer.

http://toonz.ca/guitars/images/tigereye/PRSPrivateStockSingleCut013web.jpg
(replacement ebony pickup cover coming)

http://toonz.ca/guitars/images/PRSPrivateStockSingleCut007web.jpg

veinbuster
03-25-2013, 07:10 AM
Hi veinbuster,

Here are a couple of the Private Stock for now. But as you'll see, I'm no photographer.

Around here all threads are for pictures.
That private stock looks excellent.

Danerada
03-25-2013, 07:33 AM
A PS with Soapies!!!!!! That is a classy rocker!!!

Hi veinbuster,

http://toonz.ca/guitars/images/tigereye/PRSPrivateStockSingleCut013web.jpg
(replacement ebony pickup cover coming)

http://toonz.ca/guitars/images/PRSPrivateStockSingleCut007web.jpg

-ST-
03-25-2013, 10:44 PM
Hi veinbuster,

Welcome ST.

The other two.

SCJ (Single Cut Jumbo)
http://toonz.ca/guitars/images/PRS-SCJ004.jpg

Well - you know...
http://toonz.ca/guitars/images/Charcoal01.jpg

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T !
03-25-2013, 10:54 PM
Nice trio _ST_.

Welcome to the Official PRS Forum.

SwitchStance
03-25-2013, 11:30 PM
Hello, my name is Marko, I am 27. I live in Calgary Alberta, Canada.
I work for TransCanada Pipelines as a senior IT analyst. We are the company trying to put in the Keystone pipeline (no haters please, I just do IT :D)

I currently own a MEQ and PU22.

Anyways here is my collection, the PRS is always first :proud:

(left) PRS Modern Eagle Quatro (artist package)
(right) PRS Custom 22
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/48136324/PRS.jpg

(left) Gibson Les Paul Standard
(right) Gibson Les Paul Traditional
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/48136324/Gibson.jpg

(left) Fender American Deluxe Strat HSS
(right) Fender American Select Strat
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/48136324/Fender.jpg

(left) Music Man Ernie Ball Sting Ray
(right) Fender American Tele (60th anniversary)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/48136324/Music%20Man.jpg

Taylor 414CE
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/48136324/Taylor.jpg

MarkFromHawaii
03-26-2013, 11:25 PM
Aloha all,

New here to the forum - just got a Custom 24 so I'm looking forward to hearing about others' experience with this beautiful guitar. I also have a 2-channel "C" head so you could say I'm somewhat of a fanboi.

-Mark

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T !
03-27-2013, 12:25 AM
Howzit, bradda. Welcome to da PRS ohana. We talk story all da time.

Aloha all,

New here to the forum - just got a Custom 24 so I'm looking forward to hearing about others' experience with this beautiful guitar. I also have a 2-channel "C" head so you could say I'm somewhat of a fanboi.

-Mark

MarkFromHawaii
03-27-2013, 01:02 AM
-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ;62141']Howzit, bradda. Welcome to da PRS ohana. We talk story all da time.

Aurrright! Shoots den. :five:

Deaninkl
03-27-2013, 04:12 AM
Hi, my name is Dean, I'm new to guitars, had a couple many, many years ago, but never learned. So trying all over again. I have aYamaha acoustic and a PRS SE semi hollow. It will take a while a while.....

DarrenJ1973
03-27-2013, 04:59 AM
welcome, everybody starts somewhere

carpincowboy
03-27-2013, 05:31 AM
Welcome and enjoy yourself

veinbuster
03-27-2013, 07:10 AM
Hello, my name is Marko, I am 27. I live in Calgary Alberta, Canada.

Welcome. We need more Canadians.
And you might need a hollow body of some sort.

Aloha all,

Good to have you.

Hi, my name is Dean, I'm new to guitars, had a couple many, many years ago, but never learned. So trying all over again. I have aYamaha acoustic and a PRS SE semi hollow. It will take a while a while.....
There's always time.
Those semi hollows are nice guitars.

Dirty Bob
03-27-2013, 07:35 AM
Welcome everyone! Love that PS with the P90's!

jfb
03-27-2013, 08:50 AM
Some really nice fiddles above. Welcome to the forum all.

SwitchStance
03-27-2013, 02:50 PM
Welcome. We need more Canadians.
And you might need a hollow body of some sort.

Got a credit card I can borrow? :D

jimfoley
04-01-2013, 06:36 AM
Hello everyone I love music that's why i m here.

veinbuster
04-01-2013, 06:51 AM
Welcome Jim.

moto
04-01-2013, 12:08 PM
Hi guys,

my name is moto and i am from germany.
I have found this forum, no i search this forum because i will buy me a PRS SE Bernie guitar ;]
So i have read much tips and tricks about it in our forum.
So, i am 40 years old, play until 20 years guitars and know there is a point in my life,
i buy me a PRS ;]
I have a lot of fender, vintage, epiphone, peerless guitars. They are all god stuff buy i did not have
a LP-form guitar and i dont like the price and the quali of g****n les paul ;]

Okay, lets go!
And sorry for my bad english!

Greetings from sunny cold germany
moto

Mikegarveyblues
04-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Hi guys,

my name is moto and i am from germany.
I have found this forum, no i search this forum because i will buy me a PRS SE Bernie guitar ;]
So i have read much tips and tricks about it in our forum.
So, i am 40 years old, play until 20 years guitars and know there is a point in my life,
i buy me a PRS ;]
I have a lot of fender, vintage, epiphone, peerless guitars. They are all god stuff buy i did not have
a LP-form guitar and i dont like the price and the quali of g****n les paul ;]

Okay, lets go!
And sorry for my bad english!

Greetings from sunny cold germany
moto

Hey Moto, welcome to the forum!

The Bernie is a fantastic guitar and i'm sure you will love it!

It's a great guitar stock but throw in some high quality humbuckers and you'll have a guitar that rivals many products from Gibbo. On a par with their LP studios stock and better upgraded but at a cheaper price! Win, win! :)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7242/7316845778_7ab2ed33d7_b.jpg
This is mine with upgraded pups.

There's still a few 53/10 loaded limited edition Bernies for sale in the UK if you can stretch too it. But even if you keep it stock it sounds and plays great!

veinbuster
04-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Good to have you moto - your English is fine.

Regis
04-05-2013, 03:42 AM
Hello everybody ! and congrats for this great forum.
I'm from Bordeaux, France.
I've had many PRS since I came back to guitars 8 years ago after not having played for about 25 years (don't ask me why...it's a shame...).
I'm more into vintage sounds so it's no surprise that my favorite PRS is the McCarty.
That's it for now.
See you in other threads.

veinbuster
04-05-2013, 05:55 AM
Welcome to the forum Regis.

lil' dave
04-11-2013, 04:35 PM
Hi all!
I am dave from Johns Island, SC. I see Mike is showing off his guitar again. I just got my first PRS, Bernie Marsden PRS SE 53/10 pickups. I love the guitar. I will up load my pics when I figure out how. I can't believe I waited this long to try out and buy a PRS. Glad to be part of an elite club of guitar owners.

carpincowboy
04-11-2013, 05:13 PM
Welcome to the forum.

jfb
04-11-2013, 05:28 PM
I've missed a few people. Welcome all. :hello:

McSoap
04-12-2013, 09:57 PM
Hi, I'm Mark. I used to lurk a lot on the old BaM. Bought my first PRS many moons ago (heh, heh...moons, get it?), a goldtop Std. 24 that I still have plus a few others over the years and have 3 currently. I've always said if the house caught fire, the guitar I would save is my McCarty Soapbar.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn209/ZZNot/McSoap%20and%20Friends/004.jpg (http://s305.photobucket.com/user/ZZNot/media/McSoap%20and%20Friends/004.jpg.html)

Mikegarveyblues
04-13-2013, 12:47 PM
Hi all!
I am dave from Johns Island, SC. I see Mike is showing off his guitar again. I just got my first PRS, Bernie Marsden PRS SE 53/10 pickups. I love the guitar. I will up load my pics when I figure out how. I can't believe I waited this long to try out and buy a PRS. Glad to be part of an elite club of guitar owners.

Welcome Dave!!!

Give me a shout if you have any issues with posting pics. Best bet is to create a free account with Flickr or Photobucket. grab the link and click the image icon (To the left of the film icon) and paste it between the tags.

RDA
04-13-2013, 03:15 PM
Greetings. My name's Rob. Currently a serving UK Police officer, but qualified Electronics Engineer by trade, and currently building boutique amps, servicing, repairs etc as a burgeoning business which will hopefully provide me with a part-time income when I retire from the Police in a few years. (RDAmplification.co.uk if you're interested) Recently purchased a lovely Slate Black Custom 24 25th Anvsry 57/08's. Main squeeze to date- Lonestar Strat HSS Pearly Gates/Tex-Spec's. Been recently struggling to get to grips with my new PRS pickup sounds finding my usual favourite tones, but got there now with some fairly simple mods without having to change pups.

Karloff
04-15-2013, 06:32 AM
Hi guys, new to the forum. Got my first PRS several weeks ago. I've been playing Fenders and Gibsons since 1974. Out of the blue, my wife walked into a local music store with me, I needed some strings and picks. While I was at the counter, she was looking around. I heard her call me. I walked over and she's staring at a Custom 24 hanging on the wall, she said "thats the most beautiful guitar I've ever seen, what is it, and is it a good brand ?" , I smiled and gave her a quick history of PRS... 20 minutes later, we walked out, with strings, picks, and a PRS. Guess I should take her with me to get strings more often... she also remarked about the Orange amps too... lol

CoreyT
04-15-2013, 06:36 AM
Welcome to the forum Karloff.
It seems your wife is great for GAS.

Take her to the store again to get strings, and you may walk out with a new amp.
Does she play guitar too?

Karloff
04-15-2013, 11:53 AM
Welcome to the forum Karloff.
It seems your wife is great for GAS.

Take her to the store again to get strings, and you may walk out with a new amp.
Does she play guitar too?

no, she doesnt play... and over the years she would say, "how many guitars do you need ?" or "what can that guitar do that the ones you have wont't do ?" , lol... she was just taken by the PRS' beauty ... lucky me, lol

markie
04-15-2013, 12:04 PM
Welcome to the Forum Karloff................................. Got any pics we can drool over?

markie
04-15-2013, 12:05 PM
Greetings. My name's Rob. Currently a serving UK Police officer, but qualified Electronics Engineer by trade, and currently building boutique amps, servicing, repairs etc as a burgeoning business which will hopefully provide me with a part-time income when I retire from the Police in a few years. (RDAmplification.co.uk if you're interested) Recently purchased a lovely Slate Black Custom 24 25th Anvsry 57/08's. Main squeeze to date- Lonestar Strat HSS Pearly Gates/Tex-Spec's. Been recently struggling to get to grips with my new PRS pickup sounds finding my usual favourite tones, but got there now with some fairly simple mods without having to change pups.

Welcome to the Forum Rob!

Karloff
04-15-2013, 09:04 PM
brand new to forum, i'll see what i can do about posting some pics...

Karloff
04-15-2013, 09:42 PM
ok, i'm an idiot... how do you post pics ?

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T !
04-15-2013, 10:37 PM
It's all good. We all went though this once.

http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?932-how-to-post-pics

tolm
04-18-2013, 03:51 AM
Hello! Was a member of Birds and Moons and joined here a while back but not been too active - figure I should say "Hi" properly!

In terms of 'me': I'm in my 30s, live in the UK, work in IT and have a moderate-to-serious obsession with guitars. Been in a few bands - initially original material stuff but now more on the covers side due to family/work commitments and - frankly - not having any time to write songs! Mostly play pubs/clubs but have done a couple of outdoor gigs - one to about 1000 people (mainly families - so lots of kids jumping around mentally in front of the stage which was cool!) at Fireworks night.

I was a long time Les Paul player (sacrilege!) and only really started looking at PRS guitars a couple of years back - having previously written them off as being for modern styles or metal only. I dunno, blame Nickelback ... ;) Anyway, I relocated from London down to Bournemouth and joined a new band where we play anything from The Stones to Nirvana via the Sex Pistols and Green Day: heck, we've even got some Black Crowes in there. So, I started looking for more flexible guitars and had a fresh look at PRS.

I've had quite a few PRS guitars in that short time:

- Korina Standard 24 : Loved the wood, neck was too skinny for me.
- 25th Anniversay SAS : I don't know why I sold this. Oh, wait, it was to get the McCarty Artist ... *fool*
- 25th Anniversay Mira 245 Soapbar : Would have liked to have kept this for the sound but it felt too small and light. Wanna try a regular Mira one day.
- SC250 : What can I say - my LP roots started calling! Bad move - lovely guitar but pickups/vibe were not me at all.
- McCarty Artist Pack : Wow - this was an absolute stunner! Bought for looks/feel alone and lost my SAS in the process ... stupid, stupid ... nowhere near flexible enough ... but, oh, it was sooooo nice ...... :)

So, as of just a few days ago, I'm now rocking a PRS 408 as my main guitar which seems to be perfect: feels and plays like the McCarty but has (probably even more!) flexible tones like the SAS. Very happy ... although I do kinda want a Frost Blue Metallic SAS Narrowfield to match, now ...

Gear wise, still got a couple of Gibsons (an SG and a Firebird) for 'vintage noodling' at home through my Bluesbreaker reissue combo and I run a Jackson Ampworks Newcastle 30 with my pedalboard for gigs.

So, why am I here? Like everyone else I want to drool and dream over Private Stock pictures but I like talking about anything gear wise, really: amps, pickups, guitars (obviously!) - just looking to shoot the sh!t with like minded folks.

Cheers,

Tolm

CBHScott
04-18-2013, 01:09 PM
Hello :wave:

My name is Scott. I am a member of a couple of other forums (cbh5150 on HC; PRScott at Mark Wein's).

I recognize Baimun :D

Anyway, I have owned several SEs and one Mira MT, which, for now, I still currently have.

Back to work; talk to ya later!

sergiodeblanc
04-18-2013, 02:13 PM
Hey Scott, welcome!

mkhirale
04-22-2013, 07:02 AM
Hello everyone.........This is Manisha.I am from Nagpur(India).I am working as a SEO in SEO company.I am a new user to this forum site.I would like to talk and share new ideas with my new friends on this forum site.I love guitar very much...........
Thank u............

veinbuster
04-22-2013, 08:07 AM
Hi Manisha. Welcome to the forum.

Blazer
04-22-2013, 11:39 PM
Hello All, Just joined this eve. Have a '96 Custom 24 Whale Blue..Unplayed!..'till I bought it from a collector buddy a couple years ago. It has become my gig tool. Im liable to need any sound at a given time and this guitar has done a exceptional job and of course looking awesome all the while. 3 weeks ago on the job, kicking off a crowd pleaser, I stepped back and got clipped by my guitar stand. Now..Im falling backwards, going down. I bounced off the soundboard, into the drums, into the rack system and landed squarely on top of the drummers small mixboard. Some where in the fall I was forced to turn loose of my PRS. It remained strapped, but flailing around bouncing off about everything I hit. To most in the place the guitar player just disappeared, never mind the Jimi sound explosion goin on! Grabbed my Tele and finished the song/set. After action report wasnt that bad, couple of nicks, neck not broke or dinged. The next day the damage was worse under better lighting..ugh!..Some said it gives it character..I say..It had all the character it needed when it left the PRS factory! We are better now and the show must go on!

prscat33511
04-26-2013, 06:47 PM
Hi
I've been here since I got my SE Custom 24 for My Birthday last November
It's since got a new nut and I've been using it exclusively ever since

markie
04-26-2013, 07:58 PM
Welcome to the Forum Gents!

jfb
04-26-2013, 08:31 PM
Welcome to the forum all.

klang
04-27-2013, 04:25 PM
Wow, I joined already a year ago, no posts yet... Time flies.

Nevertheless, I have been able to catch some nice PRSi over the years since 2004 when I acquired the SC. I prefer my guitars in stock spec, however I've installed 5708s in the SC and Dragon1s in CE22, both been good moves. Thanks for the fellow ex-BaMmers for those pup deals.

Cheers
Harry

prscat33511
04-27-2013, 05:11 PM
I think we might need to prove ourselves worthy after a while or a number of posts
before attaching pics

Mikegarveyblues
04-27-2013, 05:34 PM
Welcome to the forum chaps!

To post pics you need a free account with a photo hosting site such as Photobucket or Flickr.

Grab the link or address for the photo (Which should end in .jpg or .png)

When making your post click the picture frame icon directly to the left of the video and speech bubble icons and paste that link between them.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T !
04-27-2013, 05:40 PM
I think we might need to prove ourselves worthy after a while or a number of posts
before attaching pics
Everyone can post images.

http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?932-how-to-post-pics

Radar
04-28-2013, 01:37 PM
I really new here, just joined. I used to play in a (very bad) band in my teens, now when I'm rapidly heading for half a century I picked up the guitar again a few years back as a middle age project.
The playing doesn't go very well, but I'm really good at accumulating gear! The first PRS was a Standard24 that a sales person persuaded me to try. It looked like everything I'd said I didn't like, but after playing it for three minutes I bought it. Now I have a few more, the latest should be here this week, I bought one of the P22 trems that PRS had at Frankfurt (the Makena blue one).

Glad to be here, you seem like a friendly bunch.
Best,
Anders.

Mikegarveyblues
04-28-2013, 01:40 PM
Hi Radar, welcome aboard!

Love to see some pics of your PRS's!!!

Tosca
04-29-2013, 01:56 PM
Just joined this forum about a month ago...long time PRS fan and veteran of 2 PRSX's. Probably best to start with a pic....

IMG]http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y536/ToscaDoc/FCB9EBAC-4AF5-4DB0-886C-3CEF1AC4EC99-8624-0000039DF2C2C9D6_zpsc1b0742d.jpg[/IMG]

carpincowboy
04-29-2013, 01:59 PM
Killer guitar.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T !
04-30-2013, 10:09 AM
Hi guys its me Peter Robinson here, i'm runnig a trading business and have a family two kids, wife and me. i'm a bit confuse while choosing the favriute musiic collection for me some times a like rock, pop and some times a go to classic its all depend on my mood. Here i find very interesting things which develop interest for me to join you guys.

Welcome to the forum, Peter! Where are you located? What kind of trading do you do?

Dirty Bob
04-30-2013, 10:56 AM
welcome aboard!

dadoffive
04-30-2013, 01:25 PM
Name is Patrick, born and raised in "Merlin" all my life. 46 years young, and been playing since high school, but really didn't start playing out until the last decade. Started with an old Epiphone ET-270 trying to play KISS, Journey and Def Leppard licks in 1982. Wasn't really in a position to start purchasing gear until after the divorce from my starter marriage, post 2000. After remarrying an incredible supportive, enabling (a.k.a. "sugar momma") who "pushed" me to get out and play live... I've been a like a kid in a candy store ever since! I'm a Weekend Warrior, playing ~30 gigs a year, adding gear as I go, but my real job involves science, cipro, federal government, and ALOT of laws and regulations.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j51/rw12saft/DSC00124.jpg (http://s77.photobucket.com/user/rw12saft/media/DSC00124.jpg.html)
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j51/rw12saft/501702544_ORIG-1.jpg (http://s77.photobucket.com/user/rw12saft/media/501702544_ORIG-1.jpg.html)
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j51/rw12saft/Studio.jpg (http://s77.photobucket.com/user/rw12saft/media/Studio.jpg.html)
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j51/rw12saft/DSC00801.jpg (http://s77.photobucket.com/user/rw12saft/media/DSC00801.jpg.html)
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j51/rw12saft/DSC00133.jpg (http://s77.photobucket.com/user/rw12saft/media/DSC00133.jpg.html)

My latest "pride and joy"...

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j51/rw12saft/ampandcab_zpsded0dd56.jpg (http://s77.photobucket.com/user/rw12saft/media/ampandcab_zpsded0dd56.jpg.html)
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j51/rw12saft/image_zps1f1c9ed6.jpg (http://s77.photobucket.com/user/rw12saft/media/image_zps1f1c9ed6.jpg.html)
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j51/rw12saft/image_zps3d28a84b.jpg (http://s77.photobucket.com/user/rw12saft/media/image_zps3d28a84b.jpg.html)

sergiodeblanc
04-30-2013, 01:29 PM
Hey Patrick, great to have you!

cojoguitar
05-09-2013, 11:07 AM
Hey All!

My name's Cory but folks call me Cor, Big Cor and Cojo. If ya holler at me in town, I'll respond to all three.

Married, three kids, disabled vet, music/guitar GEEK!!! Just now getting back into playing after a 5 year hiatus. Started playing when I was a young pup. Grew up in a musical family and surrounded by musical people. 'Uncle Chuck' (Del Shannon to the rest of the world) was a close family friend. He gave me my first guitar and guitar lessons when I was in (4th or) 5th grade. A few years later he gave me a Tom Scholz Rockman v 1 (1982) and I was off like a rocket. Played in a small truckload of bands in the '90s. Gave up bands and start recording when the Roland VS1680 and ACID Pro v1.0 came out. When our youngest daughter was born it was a little too much for Mama to handle on her own so I packed everything up and put it all under the bed until a few months ago. Small time luthier/repair guy for several years but closed up shop when I was unable to keep up with the workload because of health issues.

I've avoided PRS for too many years and finally purchased my first PRS SE245 a few days ago. I've been in love with them as I've played several that came into the shop. Just... The "Oh My God!" factor was in full effect. Just astounding instruments. Last year I injured my fretting hand (Avoid try to play Shawn Lane licks on long scale instruments and 12 gauge strings at all cost) and I had a choice... Stop playing guitar for a year or got easy. I chose to go easy. Short scale lengths and light strings. When I got into shorter scale instruments I started looking at Les Paul and such. Went to a local store and played a used 245. That was it... I came home and ordered one from Sweetwater. Aaaaaaand... We're off! :o)

veinbuster
05-09-2013, 12:00 PM
Hi Cory.

Shawn@PRS
05-09-2013, 12:13 PM
Welcome Cojo

carpincowboy
05-09-2013, 01:02 PM
Welcome Patrick and cojo.

Mikegarveyblues
05-09-2013, 01:44 PM
Welcome aboard chaps!

Martin1320
05-13-2013, 03:49 AM
Hey folks, another new member here!

My name is martin and great to be here. I live in ny,USA. Been playing guitar for over 5 years. I love music and cooking actually. Been playing PRS for years, My mother bought the guitar new from Washington Music Center when she visited. I love the quality of the prs line and the look. I love playing with my SE 245 guitar and I vow NEVER to sell it. It's just beautiful. Thats it for now I guess, see you all around!

lgk1208
05-13-2013, 08:55 AM
Welcome Martin. Glad you are here. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Great info here. Lots of helpful people.

FedAP1600
05-13-2013, 07:47 PM
Hi, I'm Federico from Argentina. I recently bought a 2009 SE Tremonti and well, this is my new-old baby.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/r90/32334_10201117990848816_610635455_n.jpg

And now the only change (for now) are the knobs
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/478304_10201117991688837_858614184_o.jpg

JustRob
05-13-2013, 08:03 PM
That is awesome! How did you get them to put an image of you on the guitar?

Just kidding. :biggrin:

Looks really nice, especially with the new knobs.

FedAP1600
05-13-2013, 08:17 PM
That is awesome! How did you get them to put an image of you on the guitar?

Just kidding. :biggrin:

Looks really nice, especially with the new knobs.

It's a kind of magic:biggrin: Thanks! After the change of my amp, I will change the pickups to upgrade the guitar a bit. It's my first "mid-level" and it feels so good :P However, sometimes I miss my ex Schecter jajaja

Shawn@PRS
05-13-2013, 08:55 PM
Welcome Federico

pturpin123
05-15-2013, 09:18 AM
Hi All,

My name's Pete and I'm a proud PRS player.

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p677/pturpin123/IMG_0660_zps1ce4d7de.jpg

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p677/pturpin123/IMG_0660_zps1ce4d7de.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/pturpin123/media/IMG_0660_zps1ce4d7de.jpg.html)

jfb
05-15-2013, 12:55 PM
Welcome to the forum everyone.

sergiodeblanc
05-15-2013, 02:39 PM
Hello hello!!

Spartanwa
05-16-2013, 05:11 AM
s'pose I should say g'day! Name is Adam, I've been hanging around here for a week or so. Married with a beautiful daughter, and I love collecting guitars, and lately, tattoos.

I have a private stock on order to complete my collection...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/539820_10151089860248665_1313204924_n.jpg

JustRob
05-16-2013, 05:18 AM
Welcome to the forum Adam. You may be the first guitarist I know with a complete collection. Everyone I know wants at least one more. :laugh: Can't wait to see pics of the PS.

Shawn@PRS
05-16-2013, 08:54 AM
Welcome to the forum Pete and Adam

jfb
05-16-2013, 09:03 AM
Welcome guys!

lgk1208
05-16-2013, 04:41 PM
Hey Adam. Welcome to the forum. I also want to see those pics when she comes.

Mikegarveyblues
05-16-2013, 05:06 PM
Welcome chaps!

itschurchie
05-19-2013, 11:32 PM
Howdy guys and girls new person here hailing from down under Australia, always been a massive PRS fan never could afford one when i was younger starting out but recently brought my first PRS which is a CU22 it was a special run of 12 guitars for Australia labelled "Australian Eagle" with Pauls signature on the rear of the headstock. Completely fell inlove with it brought back my passion and currently working on a Private Stock order

sergiodeblanc
05-19-2013, 11:56 PM
Hey buddy, welcome aboard!

veinbuster
05-20-2013, 09:26 AM
Howdy guys and girls new person here hailing from down under Australia, always been a massive PRS fan never could afford one when i was younger starting out but recently brought my first PRS which is a CU22 it was a special run of 12 guitars for Australia labelled "Australian Eagle" with Pauls signature on the rear of the headstock. Completely fell inlove with it brought back my passion and currently working on a Private Stock order

Welcome.
I'd love to see my first Australian Eagle.

Metalingus
05-21-2013, 03:17 PM
Hi to all! New Member here!

My name is Alessandro, I'm 22, and I'm Italian.
My prsaddiction started when I was just a lil guy. I was about 14 years old, when I listened to One Day Remains from Alter Bridge. From that point of my life I totally became a guitar addicted and a PRS addicted.
I used to have a SC 245, but last year she got stolen... Worst day of my life.
Now I'm the owner of a SE Tremonti, hoping to get her a big sister soon.

I'm very glad to be part of this community!

lgk1208
05-21-2013, 03:31 PM
Welcome Alessandro to the forum. Glad your here.

kmburkhart
05-21-2013, 04:56 PM
Hey guys! Great to be here. Former member of BaM. I've had a 2000 CE22 that I sold back to the original owner, now I have a 2013 CU24 that I adore. Lover of progressive rock and home recording. My band is Collecting Space (http://www.collectingspace.net) - check us out! Our full LP is available for download on our website.

Kaleb

Mikegarveyblues
05-22-2013, 12:33 PM
Hey Kaleb, welcome!

Danerada
05-22-2013, 12:43 PM
Hey Kaleb!

jkornel
05-23-2013, 01:48 PM
Hi all, I am new here. I was a member at the original PRS Forum, then the Gear Page, BaM, VR ... all of them :) Now I have found this forum.

I play at 2008 Mira and a 1997 CE24 ... I will post pics later, just wanted to say hi !

lgk1208
05-23-2013, 05:24 PM
Hello jkornel. welcome and glad you found the forum. This is an awesome forum. You'll love it

jfb
05-23-2013, 07:23 PM
Welcome to all the newcomers.

Jesus freak
05-30-2013, 08:48 PM
Hello all!
I am a PRS noob, I've been lurking for a few weeks as I have also just bought my first PRS about a month ago. 2012 Custom 24 blue crab blue. I'm really loving it so far. I am a die hard Tele/Strat user, but I also have a few Gibsons. I'm also a very active member on thegearpage.net under the same username. I hope you guys will have me :shakehands: and I'm glad to be here, I've learned a lot already.

David

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T !
05-30-2013, 08:55 PM
I hope you guys will have me :shakehands: and I'm glad to be here, I've learned a lot already.

David
Of course! Welcome, David.

Shawn@PRS
05-30-2013, 08:58 PM
Welcome fellas, I look forward to chatting with you in the future

synkrotron
05-31-2013, 02:45 PM
Hello Peeps,

I'm andy and a new owner of a PRS guitar (synkrotron is the artist pseudonym). Just got it today. I've wanted one for ages and I thought, sod it, I'm getting one. I only meant to go and have a look at some. A colleague from work suggested I pay a visit to a shop called Sound Affects, near Liverpool in the UK. I was interested to discover what the difference was between the 600 and 2000 guitars. My SG was 600, some time ago, so even the so called "Student Edition" guitars are still expensive.

That cost me though, because as I was sat there, playing a couple of the more expensive PRS guitars, I decided that's what I want. I mean, the SE guitars are still an excellent guitar, but I fell in love with this Charcoal Burst Studio thing. I believe it is a 2012 model, but that does not matter. This guitar is a thing of beauty. I think I'm going to take it to bed with me tonight ;-)

A bit about me - Well, for one thing, I am not worthy of owning a PRS. I have been "dabbling" with guitars since 1979 and I still can't play. I started with a Eko Ranger 6, and I still have that. Other guitars included a CBS strat copy (yeah, true budget that one LOL), an Aria Cardinal Pro II, a Gibson Les Paul Studio (briefly, due to money issues) and more recently I bought a Gibson SG Special, because I've always been a big fan of that guitar.

So, now I have my PRS Studio in Charcoal Burst, with a 10 top (whatever that is - I've so much to learn).

The next thing I need are some guitar lessons.

cheers

andy

http://www.synkrotron.co.uk/myguitars.jpg

Mikegarveyblues
05-31-2013, 03:11 PM
Hello Peeps,

I'm andy and a new owner of a PRS guitar (synkrotron is the artist pseudonym). Just got it today. I've wanted one for ages and I thought, sod it, I'm getting one. I only meant to go and have a look at some. A colleague from work suggested I pay a visit to a shop called Sound Affects, near Liverpool in the UK. I was interested to discover what the difference was between the 600 and 2000 guitars. My SG was 600, some time ago, so even the so called "Student Edition" guitars are still expensive.

That cost me though, because as I was sat there, playing a couple of the more expensive PRS guitars, I decided that's what I want. I mean, the SE guitars are still an excellent guitar, but I fell in love with this Charcoal Burst Studio thing. I believe it is a 2012 model, but that does not matter. This guitar is a thing of beauty. I think I'm going to take it to bed with me tonight ;-)

A bit about me - Well, for one thing, I am not worthy of owning a PRS. I have been "dabbling" with guitars since 1979 and I still can't play. I started with a Eko Ranger 6, and I still have that. Other guitars included a CBS strat copy (yeah, true budget that one LOL), an Aria Cardinal Pro II, a Gibson Les Paul Studio (briefly, due to money issues) and more recently I bought a Gibson SG Special, because I've always been a big fan of that guitar.

So, now I have my PRS Studio in Charcoal Burst, with a 10 top (whatever that is - I've so much to learn).

The next thing I need are some guitar lessons.

cheers

andy

http://www.synkrotron.co.uk/myguitars.jpg

Hey Andy, welcome to the forum and congrats on scoring that beauty!

Another PRS owner in Warrington! Hopefully a trend that will continue! :)

Sound Affects is a good shop. Bought an amp from there a while back and the service was top notch.

synkrotron
05-31-2013, 03:18 PM
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the welcome. The guys in Sound Affects were real nice and helpful, but that Studio sold itself, as I'm sure you can understand...

lgk1208
05-31-2013, 06:25 PM
Hey Andy. Welcome to the forum. :hello:

synkrotron
05-31-2013, 06:53 PM
Hey Andy. Welcome to the forum. :hello:

Hi, thanks :wave:

I've just gotten round to reading my COA and my Studio was built on the 20th September 2011 and it has a "Pattern Neck," whatever that is, and it has the word "Quilt" in the Special Order section. I don't know what that means either lol. I'll have to google it :)

lgk1208
05-31-2013, 07:08 PM
Hi, thanks :wave:

I've just gotten round to reading my COA and my Studio was built on the 20th September 2011 and it has a "Pattern Neck," whatever that is, and it has the word "Quilt" in the Special Order section. I don't know what that means either lol. I'll have to google it :)
It means that you have a quilted maple top.
I pretty much know what a "pattern" neck is but I can't explain it very well, so someone else will have to chime in on that one.

bluestormz
06-02-2013, 06:24 PM
Hello all, I've been a pros fan for years and regrettably sold my USA models for money that I needed. I currently have an SE custom semi hollow.

veinbuster
06-03-2013, 06:49 AM
Hello all, I've been a pros fan for years and regrettably sold my USA models for money that I needed. I currently have an SE custom semi hollow.
A nice SE.
Welcome to the forum.

Ghost40
06-03-2013, 07:21 AM
Hey all,

Long time reader, long time PRS player and Maryland native.

JustRob
06-03-2013, 07:43 AM
Hey all,

Long time reader, long time PRS player and Maryland native.

Howdy neighbor. Welcome.

lgk1208
06-03-2013, 08:38 AM
Hello all welcome to the forum.

Mercano
06-05-2013, 12:51 PM
Greetings from Argentina!

I became a PRS user this year actually, and i find them, the best instruments i've ever played! I'm the happy owner of the following: P22 - 513 25th - CU24 EXP2011 LTD - CU24 20TH - Modern Eagle Quatro

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/p206x206/600440_491556207581273_2095632917_n.jpg
http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p206x206/943591_491557030914524_1682682099_n.jpg

BuckyB
06-09-2013, 01:00 AM
Greetings, newbie here. I pulled the trigger today on a new '13 Blue Crab Blue Hollowbody II. After running around to 6 different L.A. stores, I ended up ordering one from Sweetwater, via Ebay. Can't wait for it to arrive! This will be my first PRS and my first guitar in this price range. I've been playing since I was 13 (I'm now 63). I've had a variety of guitars over the years, but they mostly tended towards lower-to-middle-end instruments. My last 4 6-string electrics have all had piezo-equiped bridges, so in combination with my desire to have a semi-hollow guitar, the PRS Hollowbody II seemed like my dream axe. I've performed and recorded in a variety of venues over the years, including making my living at it for quite a few years, but these days my playing is primarily at church.

synkrotron
06-09-2013, 02:45 AM
That's an impressive array of guitars Mercano. Welcome to the forum.

BuckyB, as you have proved, it's never too late to get that "dream" guitar. I thought I was late at 53 :) Welcome to the forum.

I've only been here a week myself so it feels a bit weird welcoming you guys ;)

Shawn@PRS
06-09-2013, 07:50 AM
welcome guys

sergiodeblanc
06-09-2013, 11:36 AM
Hey Buddies.

BuckyB
06-11-2013, 02:47 PM
I must have been really tired the other night when I made my introductory post. Somehow I made myself 2 years older than I actually am. I'm 61, not 63 (not that it makes any difference). Also, I stated that my soon to arrive Blue Crab Blue Hollowbody II is a 2013. Looking at a picture of the serial number, I see that the prefix is "12". Also, BCB is not a current stock color for the HBII. So I presume my guitar is a 2012. Was BCB a stock color for '12's I wonder? Originally, the FedEx ETA was Thursday the 13th, but now it's Friday the 14th. Boo! I also ordered a 10' dual 1/4" to dual 1/4" cord to split the outputs to (magnetic pickups) my HD500 and (LR Baggs system) my acoustic processor (currently a Zoom 504). I guess you could say I'm "chompin' at the bit". I see on the PRS website that they recommend an 11-49 string set with a wound 3rd. The bridge is adjustable, so I wonder why I couldn't just use the standard plain 3rd that comes with a set of 11-49 Elixers.

Jquartetti
06-14-2013, 01:32 AM
Which color? Prs se custom 24 in royal blue or tobacco sunburst?

Art Harun
06-14-2013, 02:06 AM
Hi everyone.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Art and I am from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

I own a Gibson LP Custom, a Gibson LP Slash Sig and an FGN Tele.

Last week my usual guitar shop took delivery of a PRS Santana Sig and I played it, immediately fell in love with it and I had paid a deposit for it.

So here I am. :)

Kind regards,
art harun

veinbuster
06-14-2013, 06:11 AM
Welcome Art.

Shawn@PRS
06-14-2013, 07:10 AM
Welcome to the forum guys. As per forum etiquette, you should post pictures of your guitars. :)

BuckyB
06-14-2013, 08:19 PM
You're absolutely right and I will, soon. It came today and I played it for a few minutes, but have had to direct all of my energy today to replacing the kitchen sink, reversing the location of the disposer and all of the associated plumbing. I'm no plumber, so it takes me A LOT longer that it should. I just now got everything working again and am typing this while I take a little break. This I need to do the caulking and clean up the humongous mess I made in the process. After that will come guitar time. I also need to put another guitar hanger on the wall and take a family photo or 2. I'm definitely playing it at church Sunday. Bye the way, I'm amazed that the 11 strings actually feel just fine. I played 9's for years until maybe 15 years ago when I switched to a "hybrid" set. On the Agile LP copy, I started using 10's for the last couple of years, so I guess this is just a natural progression.

I'll have some pictures up within the week.

Art Harun
06-15-2013, 12:55 AM
Thank you Shawn@PRS and Veinbuster.

Will post my guitar pics as soon as I learn how to do it. :)

Mulli
06-15-2013, 05:36 AM
Hmm...

Dunno if I'm blind or what, but it seems that I am your 1st Finn in here. I trid to read this thru carefully, but..

As you all poropably knew already, Finns mainly nest in a country called Finland. Them peskies. For those who find the breed unfamiliar, short descriptive information follows: When U.S of A was new, there were signs next to saloon doors where it said:" No alcohol served to indians and Finns". That was because the indians used to get hostile because of booze and the Finns got friendly. Normal saturday night in Finland - as you've all heard - includes heavy drinking of illegal, home made alcohol, wrestling with polar bears, castrating reindeers by biting and friendly free-for-all type stabbing contest.

Finns may also be terrible liars...

However sad it is to have your first (or last maybe) Finn in here, i have a real reason to join you people. Actually i have 3. Those are -04 CE22, -12 SE245 and -06 Santana SE. I'm not saying that i'm much of a guitar player but that does't matter. Those guitars are so good people haven't noticed it yet.

Appears that i am 46 years old. In time of writing this blabber, the count from my first public appearance in a rock band has reached 34 years. Can't remember the whole set, but there was Johnny B Goode and Get off my cloud from The Stones at least. Of course there was also a 12 years old hot shot with sixpack and lots of throwing up later in the night, but it was some kinda start anyways.

Aaaaannnd the rest of the journey hasn't been much cleaner, so i show some humanity and save you people from it.

My story with PRS started about two years ago. Before that i've had my share of guitars, but for few reasons there has been no PRS's in them. Guess it's the idea of Jimi and Stevie playing strats making people do bad desicions by buying them those F-words. My F's have been from pure **** (one American standard type from -81) to Decent (last years SRV), but there has been no excellent one in them 5 (or 6 if we count the MIJ in) I've owned. But 2 years ago i popped in a local shop and noticed this wine red Santana SE in there. After short test, i carried it home. The wide fat neck was the thing. Looks like i've been looking for that all my (when there is no better word to describe it, i use) career. In 2012 short visit in the same shop made me proud owner of SE 245. I was actually after some strings, but it ended up this way.

Yes. SHE did show some signs of not understanding it, but got silent after i told her that i never mentioned if those strings were going to be attached in a guitar or not.

Finally last thursday i swapped my SRV to CE22. Poor bugger even gave me few hundred euros for it. I felt like thief. For some reason CE's appear to be cheap. But i swapped a 1770eur SRV (as new) to 2690eur CE22 (as new) and got real money in between those.

Noooo! I didn't come here to brag (oh yes i did ;) ) but to finally join in this fine club of extraordinary (ladies?) and gentlemen.

Lost my line in here... Oh yes!

I was amazed of the quality of work in that Korean made Santana. I also found no reasons to change anything in it (parts). All it needed was heavier strings and hard playing. For me it had worth more than many made in usa notsayingthosebrandsbecauseofpossibleban's. When the 245 came in, i was really amazed. Dunno if i got just extremely fine one or what, but it sounds and acts better than any singlecut i've ever laind my hands on. And believe me, i've fumbled some very expensive ones. It weights practically nothing and the sustain... I could pick it, go have a dump and come back to hear it still playing. Also flame top with that money. Sheesh! No wonder i was just looking good trade with the last F in the house. Took some time to find someone willing to trade. Last 2 nites i've been playing. Can't wait 'til next wednesday. There is some real job for it then.

I believe i need few more PRS's thou. I think some kinda strato killer (305 perhaps) would be nice and also a hollow body is a must. Let's hope it rains money in here soon.

So here i am (sorry for that). Now entertain me ;)

Edit: Some eye candy

http://s20.postimg.org/4t8tv3rkt/sticks1.jpg (http://postimage.org/) image ru (http://postimage.org/)

and

http://s20.postimg.org/lia9r0o65/sticks2.jpg (http://postimage.org/) image hosting no sign up (http://postimage.org/)

Rider1260
06-15-2013, 12:09 PM
Hi
New to this forum
I am an addict see below

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n559/rider1260/Guitar%20Photos/IMG_0762_zps2b69add8.jpg (http://s1139.photobucket.com/user/rider1260/media/Guitar%20Photos/IMG_0762_zps2b69add8.jpg.html)

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n559/rider1260/Guitar%20Photos/untitled-4642_zps2f3603d4.jpg (http://s1139.photobucket.com/user/rider1260/media/Guitar%20Photos/untitled-4642_zps2f3603d4.jpg.html)

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n559/rider1260/Guitar%20Photos/untitled-4619_zps2ccfdb4c.jpg (http://s1139.photobucket.com/user/rider1260/media/Guitar%20Photos/untitled-4619_zps2ccfdb4c.jpg.html)

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n559/rider1260/Guitar%20Photos/untitled-4658_zps4cd381b8.jpg (http://s1139.photobucket.com/user/rider1260/media/Guitar%20Photos/untitled-4658_zps4cd381b8.jpg.html)

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n559/rider1260/Guitar%20Photos/untitled-4610_zps7885b533.jpg (http://s1139.photobucket.com/user/rider1260/media/Guitar%20Photos/untitled-4610_zps7885b533.jpg.html)

Molly
06-24-2013, 03:44 AM
Hi. Molly here down in NZ.

Been playing since '75 after hearing Brian May. Had a few years as a professional but it didn't come to anything. Now a teacher. Had no end of guitars over the years. Some I wish I'd kept (that nice Les Paul Custom just like Randy Rhoads' or the mint Gibson Explorer I picked up for a song), some I was glad to see the back of (too many to list) and some I still have and want rid of (my Godin - never got on with that guitar and the expectation I had that it'd come right with time didn't materialise). Got a nice '80s US Strat and a surprising Chinese Fender 'Modern Player' Telecaster that's just too good a guitar for the money it cost.

I'm on YouTube somewhere widdling away: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fziY3LM_jaw That reminds me. '76 Les Paul Pro Deluxe. Should've kept that too.

Also into bikes. An old Harley and my new Victory (God, I love that bike...).

Anyway, hello folks.

synkrotron
06-26-2013, 12:10 AM
Also into bikes. An old Harley and my new Victory (God, I love that bike...).

Greetings fellow biker. You must have some fantastic roads in NZ, if not a little lonely at times. I like lonely ;)

I see that there's another biker just above you (Rider1260)...

Molly
06-26-2013, 04:19 AM
Greetings fellow biker. You must have some fantastic roads in NZ, if not a little lonely at times. I like lonely ;)

I see that there's another biker just above you (Rider1260)...

Warrington! I used to live at Callands. Was a postie there and later, to my eternal shame, worked at Toys r Us....

Roads here are wonderful. Covered in snow just at the moment but 99% of the time are great.

Cheers

synkrotron
06-26-2013, 06:26 AM
I used to live at Callands.

LOL, that is amazing! I used to live in Gresford Close in Callands :)

If you delivered around that area I must have known you, at least by sight, although I haven't lived there for twenty years now. I moved about a mile and a half away to just off Burtonwood Road, near the air base, and you moved to the other side of the world. Sounds like you made the better move ;)

sergiodeblanc
06-26-2013, 11:16 AM
Hi
New to this forum
I am an addict see below

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n559/rider1260/Guitar%20Photos/IMG_0762_zps2b69add8.jpg (http://s1139.photobucket.com/user/rider1260/media/Guitar%20Photos/IMG_0762_zps2b69add8.jpg.html)

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n559/rider1260/Guitar%20Photos/untitled-4642_zps2f3603d4.jpg (http://s1139.photobucket.com/user/rider1260/media/Guitar%20Photos/untitled-4642_zps2f3603d4.jpg.html)

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n559/rider1260/Guitar%20Photos/untitled-4619_zps2ccfdb4c.jpg (http://s1139.photobucket.com/user/rider1260/media/Guitar%20Photos/untitled-4619_zps2ccfdb4c.jpg.html)

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n559/rider1260/Guitar%20Photos/untitled-4658_zps4cd381b8.jpg (http://s1139.photobucket.com/user/rider1260/media/Guitar%20Photos/untitled-4658_zps4cd381b8.jpg.html)

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n559/rider1260/Guitar%20Photos/untitled-4610_zps7885b533.jpg (http://s1139.photobucket.com/user/rider1260/media/Guitar%20Photos/untitled-4610_zps7885b533.jpg.html)

About time you showed up here Mike!

MusicStoreLive.com
06-27-2013, 10:07 AM
Hey guys,

Zach from MusicStoreLive.com here. We're an online gear dealer based out of Vermont, and it's time for us to have a presence on prsguitars.com :rock: I'll tell you a little about me and us, but you'll probably want to check out our website to get the full picture of what we're doing over here. We've got an awesome team working here to make sure that we constantly have one of the coolest and most comprehensive selections of gear, primarily guitars and basses. Our techs, writers, and sales guys all live and breath gear, and we aim for that to show in our business. I myself am a touring and gigging guitarist and vocalist. I love all kinds of gear and am always looking to learn what I can, or share what I know. I plan on stopping by prsguitars.com and sharing note worthy gear with you guys, and also jumping in on some discussions. Looking forward to getting to know you all, and chatting about gear with a bunch of other heads! Over and out.

Zach Nugent
www.MusicStoreLive.com
zach@musicstorelive.com

Robbie42944
06-28-2013, 02:29 PM
Hey there guys,

I've been playing guitar for about 10 years now and I started REALLY getting into PRS about 5 years ago when I got my first PRS. It was an SE EG model that has been discontinued a while.

I really enjoy PRS. I actually almost refuse to play anything else.

Here's my PRS :D

CE22 Blue Matteo 2006https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/72446_10151542386576098_371993962_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/398104_10152465775310137_1048763790_n.jpg

I hope to talk to all of you soon :)

synkrotron
06-29-2013, 09:50 AM
Yep, nice looking guitar there Robbie :)