PDA

View Full Version : What Irritates You?

Goldtop
12-03-2012, 06:46 AM
We all know the usual everyday things that irritate us. The driver going twelve MPH in the passing lane who won't get the heck out of the way! And who doesn't have a problem with rude, thoughtless people using their cellphones when they shouldn't? Talk about an epidemic nowadays...

But other than the obvious, probably universal things, what irritates you? Music-related or not, what is it that never fails to get your goat? Do you have an unusual pet peeve?

Here's one of mine: I can't stand rude, inconsiderate people who go to gigs with reserved seating and then STAND in front of others. Sit down! I bought a ticket too, and I don't want to look at your backside all night! You wanna stand for the whole show? Fine, then get behind me! Whatever happened to common courtesy?!?

This topic is all in fun - more or less. :wink: I'm not trying to get anybody's blood pressure up on a Monday morning.

Goldtop

rugerpc
12-03-2012, 07:22 AM
I was at a Clapton concert. Our seats were along the side of an arena so we had to cant to our left to see the stage and listen with both ears.

Directly behind me a guy and his girl were sitting - he was right behind me, she was over my right shoulder.

He had a running commentary on the acoustic songs Clapton was playing. But he couldn't be bothered to turn and talk in his girl's ear - he merely shouted straight over my head so that she could hear him over the amplified, but still low volume acoustic show.

I gave him several stink-eyes, but he didn't get the message. Finally when the person in front of me turned thinking it was me to shush me, I stood up and got eye to eye with the guy behind me. I told him that if he wanted to talk with his girl to go to the lobby, the rest of us came to hear the concert, not his running commentary.

This is the best/worst part. He was shocked that I said anything to him.

Cluelessness isn't the exception, sadly, it seems to be the norm....

docbennett
12-03-2012, 08:35 AM
I was at a Clapton concert. Our seats were along the side of an arena so we had to cant to our left to see the stage and listen with both ears.

Directly behind me a guy and his girl were sitting - he was right behind me, she was over my right shoulder.

He had a running commentary on the acoustic songs Clapton was playing. But he couldn't be bothered to turn and talk in his girl's ear - he merely shouted straight over my head so that she could hear him over the amplified, but still low volume acoustic show.

I gave him several stink-eyes, but he didn't get the message. Finally when the person in front of me turned thinking it was me to shush me, I stood up and got eye to eye with the guy behind me. I told him that if he wanted to talk with his girl to go to the lobby, the rest of us came to hear the concert, not his running commentary.

This is the best/worst part. He was shocked that I said anything to him.

Cluelessness isn't the exception, sadly, it seems to be the norm....

Good for you! "Assertive communication, 101".....use the minimally effective response, then escalate as needed until you get the desired outcome. Excellent implementation of the strategy, and you were reinforced...it worked!!

My pet peeve is when most people say "No problem" when I say "Thank you".

What ever happened to "You're Welcome"???

I didn't say "I appreciate the difficulty of your assisting me". I didn't say "My goodness....what a problem it must have been to render me this service". I merely said "Thank you".

For those of you who really appreciate this post...hey...no problem. :biggrin::p

Hopeful Sinner
12-03-2012, 10:02 AM
It bugs me to no end when a retail person greets a customer and is ignored... If I walk into say a GC, I am as polite as can be in letting the sales guy know what I'm there for and just saying I'll let you know if I have any questions.

For some reason, it bothers me to see the same guy greet another patron and just get ignored completely and passed by as if he were a leper...

Maybe it's the time I spent in customer care...

vchizzle
12-03-2012, 10:52 AM
My biggest irritation is people with no common sense. It ranges from people who clueless to those who don't think about what they're doing. The latter is my biggest issue.

Boogeyman
12-03-2012, 11:11 AM
As a motorcycle rider, texting/cell phone talking drivers not paying attention irritate the crap out of me. Nearly every "close call" i've had in the last few years was a result of a driver on a cell phone.

tacomadriver
12-03-2012, 11:24 AM
If I read it right the underlying issue so far is a general lack what most of us call common courtesy. That coupled with a long practiced child rearing belief that boltering the self esteem is of paramount importance has in my opinion created a large group of individuals that are clueless how to interact with others. They seem to be always saying "what's in it for me" rather than "how can I help us." When I think of most of the things that irritate me that's what is usually happening.

Goldtop
12-03-2012, 12:09 PM
If I read it right the underlying issue so far is a general lack what most of us call common courtesy. That coupled with a long practiced child rearing belief that boltering the self esteem is of paramount importance has in my opinion created a large group of individuals that are clueless how to interact with others. They seem to be always saying "what's in it for me" rather than "how can I help us." When I think of most of the things that irritate me that's what is usually happening.

That's more accurately, and more diplomatically, put than what I had in mind. Thanks very much. And I agree wholeheartedly.

Goldtop

tacomadriver
12-03-2012, 12:28 PM
That's more accurately, and more diplomatically, put than what I had in mind. Thanks very much. And I agree wholeheartedly.

Goldtop

Your welcome. In my other life and for the last 44 years I am a heavy construction equipment operator. Most of the guys I work with would have been more blunt. I really wish being polite would become more universally practiced.

George

veinbuster
12-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Stupidity, especially in the form of people loudly arguing their right to continue to be stupid.

justmund
12-03-2012, 03:17 PM
Yep def the common courtesy one, like when you are driving, let someone merge (even though you're not bound by law to let them, it's just a nice thing to do) and they don't bother waving to say thank you.

As a motorcycle and bicycle rider, the general dangerous antics that some drivers do, like overtaking me on the bicycle in the same lane, missing me by inches, only to be stopped by a red light 5 seconds away. Wow, gold star for you!

That and drivers with unclear intentions, driving very slowly for no apparent reason, driving with a blinker on, pulling over without indicating etc.

All driving related and I guess it's a matter of safety, they're putting me and my passengers at risk, so the anger/frustration levels are probably higher.

Oh, and massive one, anyone who throws a cigarette butt on the ground, out of the car, in the water, whatever. It's your dirty habit, you deal with the trash! (I've smoked in the past, but always been conscientious of my smoke and butts)

tacomadriver
12-03-2012, 03:59 PM
My wife says it's a good thing I don't practice road rage on many of the folks I share the road with. It's amazing how clueless drivers can be to what's happening around them. When dad was teaching me to drive he would always say, "Kid. You have to drive the other guys car as well as your own."

markie
12-03-2012, 04:09 PM
Yep def the common courtesy one, like when you are driving, let someone merge (even though you're not bound by law to let them, it's just a nice thing to do) and they don't bother waving to say thank you.

As a motorcycle and bicycle rider, the general dangerous antics that some drivers do, like overtaking me on the bicycle in the same lane, missing me by inches, only to be stopped by a red light 5 seconds away. Wow, gold star for you!

That and drivers with unclear intentions, driving very slowly for no apparent reason, driving with a blinker on, pulling over without indicating etc.

All driving related and I guess it's a matter of safety, they're putting me and my passengers at risk, so the anger/frustration levels are probably higher.

Oh, and massive one, anyone who throws a cigarette butt on the ground, out of the car, in the water, whatever. It's your dirty habit, you deal with the trash! (I've smoked in the past, but always been conscientious of my smoke and butts)

How about those Drivers in the left lane of the Interstate, doing 60 - 65 mph. They are entittled to drive over there you know. Oh what has happened to our society. I can't wait until all the Truckers say "Screw it" & start driving in the left lane :evil:

Egads
12-03-2012, 04:14 PM
..."Kid. You have to drive the other guys car as well as your own."

Quote of the day!

justmund
12-03-2012, 04:44 PM
How about those Drivers in the left lane of the Interstate, doing 60 - 65 mph. They are entittled to drive over there you know. Oh what has happened to our society. I can't wait until all the Truckers say "Screw it" & start driving in the left lane :evil:

Now why did Denis Leary just start going through my head...?

sergiodeblanc
12-03-2012, 05:03 PM
Carnivores who insist on ordering pizza with dead things on it and then proceed to eat all my cheese pizza while neglecting their own.

JUST ORDER CHEESE PIZZA!! AND NO, I WON"T JUST PICK IT OFF!!

justmund
12-03-2012, 05:12 PM
Vegetarians. :flute:

Albrecht Smuten
12-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Vegetarians. :flute:

{Mod edit}

Sorry to have to nuke that one, gents. There were two gotchas:
1) it was copyright protected
2) No profanity

sergiodeblanc
12-06-2012, 12:29 PM
:girl:

markie
12-06-2012, 01:47 PM
11top

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T !
12-06-2012, 02:21 PM
11top

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:rofl:

justmund
12-06-2012, 03:18 PM
{Mod edit}

Sorry to have to nuke that one, gents. There were two gotchas:
1) it was copyright protected
2) No profanity

Sorry guys, my intended humour was obviously missed (I also missed whatever the responses were!). Just to clear this one up - a lot of my good friends are vegetarians, and I regularly attend vego fundraiser "feasts" for non-profit organisations. I have much respect for people that go vego for sustainability or humane reasons, I just love meat too much! I eat only grass-fed, freerange, locally sourced meats, and would gladly kill and butcher an animal and eat it.

11top
12-06-2012, 03:51 PM
11top

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e61/relaxnewb/cattle_prod.jpg

Jet Whitey
12-06-2012, 04:53 PM
Whiny guitar forum members.............:box:

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T !
12-06-2012, 05:06 PM
Sorry guys, my intended humour was obviously missed (I also missed whatever the responses were!). Just to clear this one up - a lot of my good friends are vegetarians, and I regularly attend vego fundraiser "feasts" for non-profit organisations. I have much respect for people that go vego for sustainability or humane reasons, I just love meat too much! I eat only grass-fed, freerange, locally sourced meats, and would gladly kill and butcher an animal and eat it.

Nah, you're fine. You misinterpreted the mod edit. You're cool. The cartoon posted WAS funny and it WAS NOT offensive.

But it was clearly labelled as being copyright protected and it contained words you can't post (unless it gets missed by the forum police - which happens).

justmund
12-06-2012, 05:25 PM
-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ;32964']Nah, you're fine. You misinterpreted the mod edit. You're cool. The cartoon posted WAS funny and it WAS NOT offensive.

But it was clearly labelled as being copyright protected and it contained words you can't post (unless it gets missed by the forum police - which happens).

Thanks for clearing that one up Hans!

swede71
12-06-2012, 06:06 PM
What really irritates me is whenever i want to check out a review on the Fender Yngwie Malmsteen model people play the worst possible imitation of Yngwie Malmsteen.I love Yngwie but i just want to hear how the guitar sounds,ok! :)

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T !
12-06-2012, 07:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dURukXNBLzI

sergiodeblanc
12-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Sorry guys,

Dude no worries, I don't take myself or anything for that matter too seriously. :beer:

swede71
12-06-2012, 08:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSzURQACyMY

This really irritates me!

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T !
12-06-2012, 09:06 PM
Ok. That was painful.

markie
12-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Freeloaders................. They make me wanna puke. They make me wanna cry. They make me wanna beat my dog & I don't even have one!

cosmic_ape
12-06-2012, 11:35 PM
The thing that irritates me the most in dust. And pet dander. That sh#t just itches...

Mikegarveyblues
12-07-2012, 02:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSzURQACyMY

This really irritates me!

Not normally into knocking Y'tube vids but...

When you actively call yourself a 'virtuoso' and then do that you need pulling down a touch!

So yeah, that irritates me, overinflated egos!

Also easily irritated by indicisiveness. I think.

Albrecht Smuten
12-07-2012, 04:35 AM
-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ;32964']Nah, you're fine. You misinterpreted the mod edit. You're cool. The cartoon posted WAS funny and it WAS NOT offensive.

Sorry about that, Hans.

Albrecht Smuten
12-07-2012, 04:56 AM

Haha :D

docbennett
12-07-2012, 07:11 AM
I listen to WFAN during afternoon drivetime.

I am totally irritated by those idiots who call in and either have no idea what to say, or spend the first couple of minutes kissing the ass of the radio host.

"Hey Mike....first time, long time"
"Hi...what's up?"
"Just wanted to start by saying how much I love your show"
"Thanks...what did you want to talk about?"
"Well, first of all, that last caller was a real idiot. He totally didn't know what he was talking about. You totally blew him off"
"Thanks...what's on your mind?"
"Well, I just wanted you to know that I think you're the best sports expert around. You are so knowledgable about Football and Baseball".
"Thanks...what did you want to discuss?"
"Well, I wanted you to know that I miss Chris...Mad dog was great...but the show is so much better with you hosting it by yourself".
"Thanks again. Dog has his own show now. What did you want to talk about?"
"Well...what do you think about the Yankees' chances this cominig year?"
"Well...as you know, they are going to lose ARod for a couple of months because......"
"Yeah....man, you are so tuned in to the flow, Mike. What do you think about Dicky's chances of staying a Met?"
"Well, I know that Alderson is exploring some possible trades and...."
"Yeah...wow....thanks, that was great. Man, you are the best. I love listening to your show."

This goes on and on, usually a couple times each hour. I can deal without the ass-kissing syncophants who call up as an excuse to suck up to the host, instead of developing an interesting point to discuss/debate. Followed only by....

"Hello, you're on the air"

(Silence)

"Hello???? Mark from Staten Island???"

(silence)

"Mark....going once, going twice....."

(Crackling noise..interference/static) garbled...."Hi Mike?"

"Yes?"
"Is this Mike"
"You're on the air"
"Can I talk to Mike" (sounds of radio in background, with 5 second delay)
"You're on the air....what's on your mind?"
"Well....Um.......you know......I mean.....(phone goes dead)

This happens a few times an hour as well. Lovely.

Mikegarveyblues
12-07-2012, 05:41 PM
People who bid on an ebay item at the last minute, win said item and then don't pay for hours.

People who think you're a mug and will offer them a BIN at a silly price because they've 'seen' the item new for next to nothing. Yeah... I have Google too moron!

Ebay / Paypal fees...

james
12-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Here's one of mine: I can't stand rude, inconsiderate people who go to gigs with reserved seating and then STAND in front of others. Sit down! I bought a ticket too, and I don't want to look at your backside all night! You wanna stand for the whole show? Fine, then get behind me! Whatever happened to common courtesy?!?

This topic is all in fun - more or less. :wink: I'm not trying to get anybody's blood pressure up on a Monday morning.

Goldtop

I think the standing/sitting thing needs to be talked about. 99% of shows I see are in small clubs/bars. No seats, everyone's standing.

Then I see some bands at amphitheaters like Merriweather Post and Wolf Trap. No one sits at those shows unless its jazz piano. However, I was seeing Wilco at Wolf Trap this summer and a guy at least 20 years my senior starts giving me grief about standing. 90% of people were standing! He taps me on the shoulder to tell me to sit and I had to say: "Buddy, you're at a rock concert. No one is sitting." We made up later because he ended up dancing around and enjoying himself (amazing show by the way).

When is it not ok to stand? If you're in the minority ?

Mikegarveyblues
12-07-2012, 06:06 PM
I think the standing/sitting thing needs to be talked about. 99% of shows I see are in small clubs/bars. No seats, everyone's standing.

Then I see some bands at amphitheaters like Merriweather Post and Wolf Trap. No one sits at those shows unless its jazz piano. However, I was seeing Wilco at Wolf Trap this summer and a guy at least 20 years my senior starts giving me grief about standing. 90% of people were standing! He taps me on the shoulder to tell me to sit and I had to say: "Buddy, you're at a rock concert. No one is sitting." We made up later because he ended up dancing around and enjoying himself (amazing show by the way).

When is it not ok to stand? If you're in the minority ?

Hmm.. I think you've got to go with the flow and what the majority are doing.

When I was at the Roger Waters show in Manchester people sat for 95% of the show except for one woman who was directly in my eye line. Not only stood up when no one else was but also decided to dance. Some parts of The Wall are NOT dance material!

Jester
12-07-2012, 10:19 PM
13 year old kids that picked up a gutar 6 months ago and can now play better than me. WTF??? Little punks. Think they're so hot. But, hey, I can buy beer and cigarettes and you can't so na na na na na. Go shred on that little Bastids. :P

tacomadriver
12-07-2012, 11:39 PM
13 year old kids that picked up a gutar 6 months ago and can now play better than me. WTF??? Little punks. Think their so hot. But, hey, I can buy beer and cigarettes and you can't so na na na na na. Go shred on that little Bastids. :P

A number of years ago I took some lessons from Bill Harkleroad. He told me some of the most challenging students are middle-aged guys that have to worry about what they sound like. The best students are young teenage boys. They don't worry about how they sound and are just being cool playing a guitar for hours and hours each day. It's those hours and hours of practice plus the fact there hands and fingers aren't arthritic and smashed and damaged from doing things besides playing guitar.

docbennett
12-20-2012, 12:23 PM
#1 irritation...."Cratchet" on Vintage rocker!! :mad::mad:

If he doesn't deserve the "ban" button...who the heck does??

JMintzer
12-20-2012, 12:39 PM
#1 irritation...."Cratchet" on Vintage rocker!! :mad::mad:

I can think of two people... :flute:

sergiodeblanc
12-20-2012, 12:44 PM
#1 irritation...."Sergio" on Vintage rocker!! :mad::mad:

docbennett
12-20-2012, 02:49 PM
No way, I love Cesar! (or whoever/whatever is posting as him, I can only pray he is who he says he is!) C'mon Doc, you know he shouldn't get you as riled up as he does. The Costa Rica debacle between he and Ed had me laughing for days. Viva la Cratchet!

OK...if I can't have that, I'll choose when someone quotes me in a thread before I have a chance to go back and either delete it myself, or fix what I realize resulted in my foot in my oral cavity.

But Cratchet still irritates me. He is the gadfly that beelzebub has sent to punish me for past lives' misdeeds....or he's a jerk.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T !
12-20-2012, 02:53 PM
But Cratchet still irritates me. He is the gadfly that beelzebub has sent to punish me for past lives' misdeeds...

Past life? Then who did he send for this one? :rofl:

Sorry, Ned. The devil made me do it.

docbennett
12-20-2012, 03:09 PM
-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ;36218']Past life? Then who did he send for this one? .

Her name is Ginger and she's been my wife for the past 33 years. :vroam:

Hmmmmm.....now that I think about it....I've never seen Ginger and Cratchet together at the same place and the same time. Hmmmmmm....:confused:

sergiodeblanc
12-20-2012, 03:11 PM
OK...if I can't have that, I'll choose when someone quotes me in a thread before I have a chance to go back and either delete it myself, or fix what I realize resulted in my foot in my oral cavity.

But Sergio still irritates me. He is the gadfly that beelzebub has sent to punish me for past lives' misdeeds....or he's a jerk.

Well he does lean in on you pretty hard.... I can delete my reply if you like.

docbennett
12-20-2012, 03:27 PM
Well he does lean in on you pretty hard.... I can delete my reply if you like.

Now it is immortalized!! ;)

sergiodeblanc
12-20-2012, 03:32 PM
Now it is immortalized!! ;)

Only two more posts to edit and you are in the clear.

DRM_777
12-21-2012, 09:20 AM
The thing that irritates me the most these days are boy racers.

Dunno what you'd refer to them elsewhere, but here in the UK Boy racers are these lads who buy your average small car usually with a 1.2 litre engine and then spend 5 times as much as the car cost lowering the suspension, fitting massively oversized alloy wheels and tarting it up with garish paint jobs and ridiculous body kits/spoilers that do nothing more than make their vehicle look like a clown car. They also fit ridiculous exhausts that have no business being on such a small engined vehicle and are generally on there to make a bloody noise.

They then proceed to drive round the same route around town all night revving their engines trying to impress all the 15 year old girls.......

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Qy4iftwk5JM/SYdJFsB3GvI/AAAAAAAAGR4/cZU-TDiSJ6o/s400/car20ft.jpghttp://modthatride.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/5.jpg

These morons get to me in particular, because they drive past my house all night.

It maybe wouldn't be so bad, but I live on the high street and there are large speed bumps every 100 yards or so. So these lads drive down the high street going between the speed humps revving up as fast as they can go in 1st gear making a right bloody racket and then braking for the next speed bump.....and repeat that process all the way down the street....

The cars look stupid and sound stupid and so I can only assume that the drivers are also stupid.

Ugh.

Mikegarveyblues
12-21-2012, 05:27 PM
When you fill out forms on the internet and you have to choose your age or year of birth from a drop down list and you find yourself scrolling further and further to find your age! :(

docbennett
12-31-2012, 08:18 AM
People who bid on an ebay item at the last minute, win said item and then don't pay for hours. ...

This was a pet peeve of mine as well. However, having sold a few guitars yesterday on ebay, I can offer a little insight into this irritating snippet.

First of all, sometimes that last minute purchase is clealy a snipe....you can tell when it comes in within the last 10 seconds. So, in this case, often the winning bidder won't be aware that they won the auction for hours...until they go back online and receive notice that their snipe actually won.

Second (and both of these happened to me yesterday) the winning bidder bids at the last moment hoping they will win....and then, upon winning, has to transfer funds into an account to finalize the purchase. Admittedly, this scenario's irritation factor can be mitigated by merely emailing the seller upon winning the item and notifying them that it may take a day or two for the funds to be transferred.

In all cases, ongoing communication between seller and buyer attenuates the degree of annoyance and irritation.

crgtr
12-31-2012, 09:08 AM
my wife

Danerada
12-31-2012, 10:21 AM
posters on forums that don't have any input on the OP's post, but offer unsolicited advice on the way the OP stated something (grammer, spelling, etc.) as if their "advice" is wanted or warranted.

QueenCityGuitars
12-31-2012, 10:46 AM
posters on forums that don't have any input on the OP's post, but offer unsolicited advice on the way the OP stated something (grammer, spelling, etc.) as if their "advice" is wanted or warranted.

It's spelled 'grammar', Dane. :rofl:

tacomadriver
12-31-2012, 10:51 AM
Craigslist Police/Pricing Experts. I really don't need to read some anonymous posters view on another posters ad listing. I've managed to find Craigslist via the internet. If I can't discover what things are selling for on my own that's my problem. If the seller can't price it to sell that's their problem.

Danerada
12-31-2012, 03:09 PM
It's spelled 'grammar', Dane. :rofl:

I wish I could say I did that on purpose....:(

But thanks for pointing it out Brian!!!!

docbennett
12-31-2012, 03:55 PM
I wish I could say I did that on purpose....:(

But thanks for pointing it out Brian!!!!

It's spelled Bryan, Dane. :rofl::rofl:

Danerada
12-31-2012, 03:57 PM

I'm batting a thousand!!!!!! HAHAHAHA :) Geesh - hurry up 2013...

thieves&foxes
12-31-2012, 04:17 PM
Gibsons. both my extended family and the guitars :)

jfb
12-31-2012, 05:52 PM
Hearing people chew their food. Granted it rarely happens cause it has to be really quiet to hear it.

captdg
12-31-2012, 09:50 PM
People who use "Convienience Stores " to do their weekly grocery shopping, Banking ,Postal and lotto needs ad infinitum and then pay with a check and do their monthy reconciliation of their checkbook at the checkout while their are nine people behind them.Grrr. i just wanna get two Items.

Boogeyman
01-01-2013, 09:12 AM
Rap and anything Rap related...

QueenCityGuitars
01-02-2013, 04:29 PM
Beat me to it, Doc!

I'm batting a thousand!!!!!! HAHAHAHA :) Geesh - hurry up 2013...
Just bustin' your chops a little, Dane. :biggrin: Looking forward to seeing you again.

LSchefman
01-02-2013, 05:52 PM

Thus does the vast gulf between those who know the incomparable exhilaration of a spelling bee win, and those who have suffered only the agony of defeat, ever widen...

;)

Danerada
01-02-2013, 07:57 PM
Thus does the vast gulf between those who know the incomparable exhilaration of a spelling bee win, and those who have suffered only the agony of defeat, ever widen...

;)

Hahahaha...I think I spelled that right....:)

Albrecht Smuten
01-03-2013, 05:59 AM
Shopkeepers who insist on returning my change hand to hand while I'm struggling to get the damn groceries in my bag.

veinbuster
01-03-2013, 06:22 AM
Drivers who neglect to turn on their lights in a snow storm.

JustRob
01-03-2013, 10:19 AM
Constant video transitions. If I want to watch concert footage I want to see people play for more than 2 seconds at a time. No wonder kids have A.D.D. problems. Maybe i'm just getting too old. Might want the kids off my lawn next.

Mikegarveyblues
01-03-2013, 10:44 AM
Constant video transitions. If I want to watch concert footage I want to see people play for more than 2 seconds at a time. No wonder kids have A.D.D. problems. Maybe i'm just getting too old. Might want the kids off my lawn next.

Yes!

Just to expand on that...

I hate it when they focus on - for example - the singer or another member of a band when someone is playing a solo. Or worse, the lead guitarist is banging out a class solo but the camera is focusing on the rhythm guitarist! :(