PDA

View Full Version : What New PRS Accessories Would You Like?

LSchefman
12-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Most of us love a few odds and ends in our arsenals from the world of accessories. Some of us might like to see something added to the PRS Store for our guitars, or to wear, etc. The only rule in this thread is that it has to be something that's not currently available (if unsure, just go to the PRS online store and see if they have it already).

I'd like a PRS-spec'd combination bag-case like the hard-reinforced black nylon Incase bag that was provided with the John Mayer Fender. It'd be better if the rims on the lower portion of the case's interior weren't covered with nylon mesh, they should match the rest of the interior (to prevent scratches on the rims of the guitar). The Incase bag has excellent rigidity and neck support, and plenty of accessory storage. I honestly don't think that the Reunion Blues Continental or Mono compare in terms of construction or quality.

I know the Incase will fit a DC PRS, as I once had the bag for a CU22 Soapbar.

A leather trim option would be great, doesn't have to be all-leather. A subtle Eagle logo would be nice. No paisley.

sergiodeblanc
12-04-2012, 02:48 PM
A sparkled red Orianthi strap would really complete my look.

Egads
12-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Interesting thread. Thanks for starting it.

I'd love to see more trimming options: rosewood/ebony/Ivory/MOP lampshade knobs, pickup rings, truss rod covers, switch tips, tremolo arm tips, tuner buttons, amp knobs, etc.

How about a Bird keychain?

CoreyT
12-04-2012, 03:03 PM
The hoodies in 100% cotton.
I was looking at the raglan sleeve one like in the picture Shawn posted today, but it is 50/50.
http://www.costore.com/prsguitars/productenlarged.asp?peid=235&pid=3081564
Cannot wear polyester next to my skin.

justmund
12-04-2012, 03:07 PM
Interesting thread. Thanks for starting it.

I'd love to see more trimming options: rosewood/ebony/Ivory/MOP lampshade knobs, pickup rings, truss rod covers, switch tips, tremolo arm tips, tuner buttons, amp knobs, etc.

How about a Bird keychain?

+1 on all the trimmings.

You've given me an idea about making a bird keyring, I've got some aluminium plate sitting next to me in my office...

Danerada
12-04-2012, 03:14 PM
I would like the old pick FOBs made form the soft leather, maybe bird inlay key chains, the 2 pocket gig bags,

Rango
12-04-2012, 03:58 PM
Some sort of STRAP LOCK designed to work with any thickness of Strap and the EXISTING PRS Strap buttons! :-)

Michael B
12-04-2012, 05:47 PM
I would love one of those little pieces of rosewood and a bird on it some folks got years ago...might have been a key chain, not sure but it was sweet!

alantig
12-04-2012, 09:04 PM
I would love one of those little pieces of rosewood and a bird on it some folks got years ago...might have been a key chain, not sure but it was sweet!

There were two, I believe - one was swag in the bags at Experience, the other was for signing up for the Signature Club that year.

WEDGE
12-04-2012, 09:42 PM
I asked a while back on BAM......wish they made a good lanyard/keychain that does not fall apart. I have a couple for sports teams but wish I had a PRS one.

Buildermike
12-04-2012, 09:51 PM
Pack of three lampshade knobs!

Goldtop
12-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Playing Cards! Headstocked shaped! And also a deck of PS cards. And count me in on the rosewood/bird doodads.

And as inquired about recently, a strap (long) with the paisley amp covering.

Goldtop

Goldtop
12-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Also, what if there was a way to keep the strap buttons as they are, but have some kind of a straplock to fit them? Might not work... Might end up the size of a silver dollar...

And please count me in on keychains of pretty much any design. I always need those.

Goldtop

Egads
12-04-2012, 10:39 PM
Pack of three lampshade knobs!

Ha! +1

Or singles for less than $15/ea!

Jedi
12-04-2012, 10:44 PM
Reasonable costing replacement plastic....

vchizzle
12-05-2012, 09:53 AM
I still like the thought of the gold paisley strap, as long as it's not rough leather on the inside.
I want the bird beanie from the gift pack in the store.

south89
12-05-2012, 09:59 AM
Black 408 pickup Rings !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

themike
12-05-2012, 10:04 AM
Black 408 pickup Rings !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/400/f5/f58bedb4-ae5a-44e3-9f64-2403bddcf545_400.jpg

south89
12-05-2012, 10:09 AM
http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/400/f5/f58bedb4-ae5a-44e3-9f64-2403bddcf545_400.jpg

Haha funny guy :rofl:

themike
12-05-2012, 10:13 AM
Haha funny guy :rofl:

No, I'm serious! Plasti-dip is amazing and I totally use it for a lot of custom projects. Its not like paint - it actually creates a textured plastic coating after drying and looks amazing and even. It would work great on a pickup cover - especially if you shot it with a layer or two of areosol clear! Its also 100% removable if you dont like it :)

south89
12-05-2012, 10:24 AM
Oh ok I thought you were joking. Good idea

Shawn@PRS
12-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Good suggestions guys, I'd like to hear more of your ideas.

Les- I believe incase has gotten out of the guitar-case business and they are focusing on making cases for ipads and smart phones.

iahawk36
12-05-2012, 11:09 AM
PAISLEY STRAP!!! PLEEEEEASE!!! :D

Danerada
12-05-2012, 11:26 AM
PAISLEY STRAP!!! PLEEEEEASE!!! :D

I could get down with that!

LSchefman
12-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Good suggestions guys, I'd like to hear more of your ideas.

Les- I believe incase has gotten out of the guitar-case business and they are focusing on making cases for ipads and smart phones.

Darn, I should have kept mine!

More ideas:

I use a nylon memory stick case that was made for 6 memory sticks to hold the four or five different kinds of picks I regularly use, so I don't have a zillion picks loose in the accessory compartment of my guitar case. I also keep the tools that came with the guitar, extra bits and bobs, etc., in it.

It'd be great to have something similar made for holding not only a few different types of picks, but also the tools and even the trem arm. If you've ever accidentally left the accessory compartment of a hard case open, you know that a lot of stuff can get loose and wind up all over the place in your case. This not only organizes the stuff, but prevents that from happening. You could even include a high quality nipper to cut the string ends, and other useful tools, maybe something for the screws that tighten down on the strings on the tops of the tuning machines? Etc.

The PRS accessory bag is great for this stuff, of course, but sometimes you just feel like grabbing your guitar and not being bothered with extra stuff to carry.

How about a nitro-safe polish? There are always questions on the forums about what to use with nitro-finished PRSes.

And...um...a force-field to protect my guitar from dings and dents...haha!

newfmp3
12-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Black, Maple, Flame Maple pickup rings. Honestly the plastic ones one a $4000 guitar are a bit of an insult. And ebony, maple, etc tuner buttons. Surely with the woods they got left over this wouldn't be hard?

LSchefman
12-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Black, Maple, Flame Maple pickup rings. Honestly the plastic ones one a $4000 guitar are a bit of an insult.

I prefer the plastic rings on a PRS to any of the wood ones I've seen on most PRSes. I think wood rings clash with the tops. I just don't like the look - it reminds me of seeing a trucker with a crapload of chrome doodads and lights on his rig for no reason at all.

Personal thing. Plastic rings are also the traditional look.

So I don't agree with the "insult" claim. I see plenty of custom guitars from esteemed custom builders with plastic rings, not to mention Gibson's high end offerings.

But maybe it would be cool to offer something in wood in the accessory store for them that wants 'em! :)

JustRob
12-05-2012, 02:22 PM
Al lot of ideas here would get my money.
Strap locks made me think of using bird shaped strap buttons. The strap shouldn't slip off a nice pair of wings.
And how about T-shirts in guitar finishes? Ezra Verde, Blue Crab Blue, Angry Larry, etc., complete with the flame maple look.

Shawn@PRS
12-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Black, Maple, Flame Maple pickup rings. Honestly the plastic ones one a $4000 guitar are a bit of an insult. And ebony, maple, etc tuner buttons. Surely with the woods they got left over this wouldn't be hard?

Good idea, I like it! We've recently switched to the Phase III tuners so we will need to source new tuner buttons for these. The buttons from Phase II tuners don't fit.

Shawn@PRS
12-05-2012, 02:57 PM
More ideas:

And...um...a force-field to protect my guitar from dings and dents...haha!

We already have this, it's called the PTC.

:rofl:

LSchefman
12-05-2012, 05:09 PM
We already have this, it's called the PTC.

:rofl:

Heheh. I like that answer!

Goldtop
12-05-2012, 06:22 PM
Lots of strap lock talk here. I haven't read all of the thread, so if this has already been mentioned forgive me: Strap buttons shaped like the twelfth fret bird marker. Maybe not as standard equipment, but as a dress-up for those who display, or just want something cool. I'd buy some. Back in the 80's Ibanez used a strap button I called a plump V, and years ago Gibson used a diamond. PRS should be able to top all of that!

They might be good on-the-spot advertising too. You could mount them anywhere. Use them as door pulls on cabinets, coathooks, a place to hang a cord in the guitar room.

Goldtop

LSchefman
12-11-2012, 06:40 PM
How about a padded gig bag for the amp heads, something you could put the whole head in, with a bottom and a zip-closed top? Maybe a pocket on the outside for cables and other stuff.

Yes. I do seem to be obsessed with luggage.

"Do you travel a lot with your gear, Les?"

"Not really."

"Well, you must do a lot of outside sessions, then."

"Not really."

"So why do you need gig bags and other stuff like that?"

"The phone might ring and I might have to go on tour."

"What do you think the chances are of that happening?"

"Not very good."

"I see."