PDA

View Full Version : Quatro neck binding...

Shultzie
12-07-2012, 04:09 PM
I know this is totally from left field, yet does anyone know if the 'natural' binding on a MEQ neck can be changed or /stained to another color. Would any such task be a PTC nightmare?

I was daydreaming at lunch and this thought jumped into my head - I told you it was from left field.

Thanks for any input - BTW, what is the natural binding again, some sort of fibrous material, right?

Just wait for the next day dream...

Shultzie

Shultzie
12-26-2012, 03:31 PM
I know this is totally from left field, yet does anyone know if the 'natural' binding on a MEQ neck can be changed or /stained to another color. Would any such task be a PTC nightmare?

I was daydreaming at lunch and this thought jumped into my head - I told you it was from left field.

Thanks for any input - BTW, what is the natural binding again, some sort of fibrous material, right?

Just wait for the next day dream...

Shultzie

Bump...

Yeah, forget about the fibrous, I know it's ivoroid. (whatever that really is...)

Anyway, here's the left field part again. - I got a steal at the experience on a ME Q Faded Blue burst 'wrap'.

I love the axe, but blue wrap (no faux maple binding) kinda looks weird with the ivoroid neck binding.

So here's where your opinions come in, would you - one, refinish the maple faux binding to natural, - or two, somehow change the ivoriod neck binding to match the 'wrap', or the fretboard IRW, or three - stop being stupid and appreciate a great axe at a great price.

Shultzie

wilerty
12-26-2012, 03:50 PM
Three ... clearly ...

Shawn can give you the details ... But it would probably be cheaper to replace the whole fretboard.

And what's wrong with it???

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v711/wilerty/PRS%20Modern%20Eagle%20Quatro/quatrofrets007.jpg