PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!

Bossmach
12-16-2012, 02:30 AM
Hi, I have a question for the experts. I want to buy a used guitar, and I would like to verify the authenticity of this guitar. Pay attention to the tuners, I suspect it's a fake.
Help please :))
http://imageshack.us/g/1/9921264/

WEDGE
12-16-2012, 02:39 AM
Looks right to me but is that a plugged hole where either a tone or sweet switch was? Nice color on it.

justmund
12-16-2012, 03:13 AM
Tuners look fine, although it looks like the person doesn't know how to use winger tuners properly, but then again it's been setup for a lefty.

What looks weird to me is the upside down writing in the treble pu cavity, usually that's written in the bass cavity, the right way up. Maybe someone can confirm?

The knobs look weird, and whatever someone has done to the tone pot hole looks really weird. Any better pics of that?

All up it looks legit, but just a little odd...

JMintzer
12-16-2012, 10:15 AM
The tone & pup selector knobs are swapped out, as are the tuner buttons (they should be gold). It's a 96 CU-24 10-Top w/gold hardware...

Jamie

vchizzle
12-16-2012, 10:33 AM
Looks legit shared screw for the tuners is period correct as it's a 1996 guitar. Serial # looks in line. Looks like the tuner buttons were replaced with ebony buttons and the tone knob hole plugged.