PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else into RC helicopters?

watelessness
01-06-2013, 10:27 AM
I have a strong urge to fly.

My wife just got me a $25 Syma helicopter on a lark. I'm quite surprised by how well it hovers, but it has no camera, fires no projectiles, and is not suited for outdoors. I think I'd like a machine that can scare squirrels away from birdfeeders.

Any thoughts?

Mikegarveyblues
01-06-2013, 01:23 PM
I've got one of those. Not touched it in a while, much to my girlfriends annoyance I expect. She did tell me that if I got one it'd wind up on the shelf or broke.

I'd love one I can take outside though.

sergiodeblanc
01-06-2013, 01:28 PM
I had a little one that was quite fun for annoying the cat.

Hopeful Sinner
01-06-2013, 02:05 PM
I've had a couple of the small ones and would like to get a bigger "outside" one some day... They are a lot of fun!!!

cwhenke
01-06-2013, 02:41 PM
I've had two...one indoor and one outdoor. I could never get the trim adjusted properly, and got frustrated. My son got a Mellinium Falcon for his birthday last year, and it worked great. I think it made it a week before it was completly destroyed.

Jester
01-06-2013, 09:16 PM
I'm interested, but have yet to get one. I am concerned that the smaller cheaper ones will not be stable enough, but I don't know if I want to spend the money on a bigger one.

watelessness
01-27-2013, 10:13 AM
I just made the leap to a Blade CX2. It's 16.42 inches long and much less forgiving than the tiny Syma. I tried it out inside and, um, yeah, it's not meant to be flown indoors. Going to have to wait until it gets above freezing outside...

docbennett
01-28-2013, 07:42 AM
My son got me one for the recent holidays. It's great...once you get the hang of it, they are really fun to maneuver. I have perfected annoying my Airedale by having the 'copter fly right next to where he is sitting, and hover like a pesky insect. He will whine and slink away. If he could talk he'd say, "why you gotta be so annoying, Dad?" And I'd answer "'Cause that's my job, Wayneburger!"