PDA

View Full Version : Live from Daryl's House- Todd Rundgren

11top
01-17-2013, 02:29 PM
First of all, I just completely dig this show. He invites some really good guests. This episode reminded me how much I loved Todd Rundgren's music starting with NAZZ while I was in high school, then listening to A Wizard, A True Star as a freshman in college, and Utopia when I was out of school. This guy had some real vision.

Anyway, I really dig this clip (what a couple of really good singers):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aAdNJyEz_Q

LCblues1987
01-17-2013, 02:39 PM
That is a fantastic episode. Rundgren is and was utterly fantastic.

I really liked Joe Walsh's episode as well.

And Diane Birch was easy to look at on another one.. lol

11top
01-17-2013, 02:56 PM
^^^ Grace Potter, too. ^^^

themike
01-17-2013, 03:12 PM
The whole "Live From Daryl's House" is just down right amazing. The effort that goes into it is fantastic from how well it's shot to how amazing the audio engineering is on it. I can honestly say some of the best recorded drum tones I've heard have been from a preformance on this show.

Also I like how Daryl doesn't care about genre or popularity, he invites who he wants on and thats cool.

sergiodeblanc
01-17-2013, 03:28 PM
I really liked the Chromeo and the Toots and the Maytal's episodes, all in all it's a great show.

Rango
01-17-2013, 03:44 PM
The whole "Live From Daryl's House" is just down right amazing. The effort that goes into it is fantastic from how well it's shot to how amazing the audio engineering is on it. I can honestly say some of the best recorded drum tones I've heard have been from a preformance on this show.

Also I like how Daryl doesn't care about genre or popularity, he invites who he wants on and thats cool.

Well said... It just an outstanding show. I found it when a friend pointed me to the Joe Walsh episode.

alantig
01-17-2013, 10:13 PM
The Joe Walsh ep was the first I saw. I haven't watched all of the Todd ep yet, but I loved the view from the performance area.

11top
01-17-2013, 10:15 PM
I picked up and learned Wrecking Ball from that Joe Walsh one. We've added to our set list.

Train was way cool, too.