PDA

View Full Version : Favourite settings with 408s?

Twinfan
01-22-2013, 04:01 AM
I'm obviously a HUGE fan of the 408 system, and I have a few favourite settings that I use a lot. Here are my top ones:

Bridge singlecoil, tone on 10, volume on 9

Great for cleaner parts, with or without chorus, for apeggios and acoustic flatpicking style stuff

Both pickups, neck humbucker and bridge singlecoil, tone on 8, volume on 7

The "Keef" setting, great for crunchy rhythm parts.

Neck humbucker, tone on 7, volume on 10

A great warm soloing tone without the flabby/muddiness of traditional neck humbuckers, nor too much snap from a singlecoil. Add a good amount of gain and the tubular woody tone just sings out.

How are you getting the tones you want - I'd be interesting in trying your settings myself!

bluefade
01-22-2013, 04:25 AM
I'm obviously a HUGE fan of the 408 system, and I have a few favourite settings that I use a lot. Here are my top ones:

Bridge singlecoil, tone on 10, volume on 9

Great for cleaner parts, with or without chorus, for apeggios and acoustic flatpicking style stuff

Both pickups, neck humbucker and bridge singlecoil, tone on 8, volume on 7

The "Keef" setting, great for crunchy rhythm parts.

Neck humbucker, tone on 7, volume on 10

A great warm soloing tone without the flabby/muddiness of traditional neck humbuckers, nor too much snap from a singlecoil. Add a good amount of gain and the tubular woody tone just sings out.

How are you getting the tones you want - I'd be interesting in trying your settings myself!

What is the amp and pedal board,if your useing a board, set to ? We need to know the entire signal chain,for an accurate tone print. Amp tube types will help as well. THANK'S

Twinfan
01-22-2013, 04:44 AM
I'm using a 65 Amps Empire head and matching 2x12 cab, which has a vintage Marshall toneprint. My board is a Klon clone used as a buffer only, and I have a true-bypass tuner and true-bypass chorus.

As you can see, it's a pretty darn pure signal chain.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T !
01-22-2013, 02:49 PM
Bridge split, neck full, volume around 9, '64 Twin. Spanky!

LSchefman
01-22-2013, 05:42 PM
I'm going to try those settings out, fellas! I'll also take some notes on the one's I'm using so far and post amp settings as well. :)