PDA

View Full Version : How many other Blistertone owners are on the forum?

WEDGE
01-23-2013, 06:31 PM
And do you still love your Blistertone?. I do! But I will eventually swap out the power tubes for EL34's to try to give it more of a Marshall flavor, anyone done that yet?

docbennett
01-24-2013, 08:01 AM
My Blistertone was packed and sent to "Groovy guitars" yesterday with a couple of PRS from my collection, so I could acquire a 1961 Gibson LP/SG in trade.

Of all my custom PRS amps, the Blistertone was the most expendable. I had the 1X12 combo...and to be honest...with the MDT, "H", HXDA and Sweet 16+...it was too redundant an amp. I found the MDT to be capable of achieving similar gain, with more flexibility. However, I never did retube it to see how it sounded with different power tubes.

WEDGE
01-27-2013, 09:53 AM
Are the Doc and I the only two Blistertone owners? Should I feel good or bad about this, I mean do we know something
you all dont or are we stuck with a white elephant? To be fair I love mine just asking since i see no love for them anywhere else.

docbennett
01-27-2013, 10:35 AM
Are the Doc and I the only two Blistertone owners? Should I feel good or bad about this, I mean do we know something
you all dont or are we stuck with a white elephant? To be fair I love mine just asking since i see no love for them anywhere else.

Not to mention I just traded mine. :bawling:

LSchefman
01-27-2013, 04:08 PM
You should feel good about an amp you love. I mean, that's the point! ;)

I'm guessing that the amp section of the forum doesn't get as much play as the guitar sections do. As time goes on, you will no doubt see more Blistertone love.