PDA

View Full Version : The PRS guitar, Forum Video Jam!!! Who will play??

docbennett
02-03-2013, 01:27 PM
Hey all....we've just completed a thread that established the following project for interested forum members. It was a GREAT thread....if you read it, you'll laugh, you'll cry....you'll barf. You'll form temporary alliances, only to change sides and join the Zombie forces. Oh wait..that was another thread. :confused:

OK...this is gonna be a fun project for those forum members who lack extreme self-consciousness, have a sense of humor, enjoy a group project...and have a neurotic curiosity about viewing a train wreck as you pass it by. :o

OK..here's what we're gonna do. We are gonna vote on a song that represents a classic rock piece...something familiar, something easy to play either lead or rhythm parts to....something that is both immediately recognizable and fun to play.

Once we choose a tune...we're all gonna video ourselves playing it.

Then, I'm gonna collect all the videos that everyone made.....and edit it into a smooth, single version of the song...with each of us getting about 15-to-20 seconds of video-time until it cuts to the next person. As far as privacy....we can make our creation a private or password protected YouTube video if anyone is concerned or embarrassed about normal people seeing what we're attempting to do.

The prior thread established that it can be done. It also established me as the guy responsible for all editing of the final versions sent in. :o:rofl:

So...the next step is finding out who is willing to play. Once we have critical mass, we will then choose the tune. Don't worry about the tune yet...now is the time to sign up if you want to participate. I figure we need at least 15 to 20 people MINIMUM to make it really cool. 20 people, at 20 seconds a person would allow us to compile a 4 minute song. There are a lot of logistics to work out...but before we do, we need to find out if it is really going to happen.

Who is willing to become part of the GREAT PRS FORUM JAM OF ALL JAMS! AN INTERNET CREATION! AN INTERNET SENSATION! TELL YOUR FRIENDS BEFORE THE MEN IN THE WHITE JACKETS PUT A STOP TO THIS!!!

Post below if you would like to be part of this project. I will leave this up until we have agreed that a sufficient number of people have joined...or until it is clear that there is insufficient interest.

Mikegarveyblues
02-03-2013, 04:52 PM
Ok... I'm in!

sergiodeblanc
02-04-2013, 12:59 PM
If you are gonna take the time to learn how to do something new, I guess I can't be a wuss either! I'm In! and I hate classic rock. (except Zep and Sabbath of course)

Three down and twelve to go, who else!?

Danerada
02-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Well...I will man up I guess...I am in!

cosmic_ape
02-04-2013, 01:14 PM
Count me in!

CoreyT
02-04-2013, 01:29 PM
If it is simple:
Black Sabbath Children of the grave
Joe Walsh Rocky mountain way
Cream Sunshine of your love
White Stripes Seven nation army

I could do parts of those :D

justmund
02-04-2013, 01:38 PM
In, this will be heaps of fun!

John Beef
02-04-2013, 02:02 PM
I will do it! Whatever the tune is, I'll play it to the best of my abilities.

A couple immediate thoughts on this:

Will we be playing along and mixed with the original song OR
Will we be playing along to a generic backing track OR
Will we be playing solo?
And if we're playing solo, will we playing along with a click track so we're all the same tempo?

I don't have super awesome video editing software, just Windows Live Moviemaker. Also I will likely do this at work on my lunch break one day, where I have work cameras and a line 6 pocket pod, Audacity for recording audio.

docbennett
02-04-2013, 05:47 PM
To answer some questions...first...I have never done video editing in my life. I learned what DAW was in the past year, and haven't used it. I can navigate youtube. This will be a new experience for me.

Second...YES...we will all agree on a VERY EASY tune so that we can all participate without feeling too self conscious,, disabled, retarded, asbergers, dumbass, embarrassed....pick your descriptor...it's OK...we are all in this together.

Three...YOu can play anything you like...but I think we all need to play most if not all of the designated tune so that the parts can be blended together as smoothly as possible. And, with all due respect to verse 1 vs. verse 2 of Strawberry Fields, we have to try to keep it the same BPM/tempo.

More to follow...gotta eat dinner or my wife is going to......again,, pick your descriptor.

Mikegarveyblues
02-04-2013, 05:54 PM
If we wind up without a back track then i'll make a click track for people to play along to.

ba_hill
02-04-2013, 06:36 PM
Sounds like fun! I'm in.

jfb
02-04-2013, 07:07 PM
Sounds cool.

sergiodeblanc
02-04-2013, 08:40 PM
If we wind up without a back track then i'll make a click track for people to play along to.

Screw that! let me call in a couple of favors............ Okay guy,s I got Bill Ward to give us his original drum tracks. We can convert this and use it as a basis, everybody will just have to download the same file. There are tons of these on youtube, maybe not the greatest quality, but this might be the way to go at first to make things easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMARES5Zx20

Texas_minor_blues
02-04-2013, 08:45 PM
this sounds fun, count me in!

butterfly
02-04-2013, 09:00 PM
How/ what are you guys going to film with? I don't have a video camera....

Albrecht Smuten
02-05-2013, 03:26 AM
I'm in.

How/ what are you guys going to film with? I don't have a video camera....

Do you have a phone?

justmund
02-05-2013, 04:04 AM
I'm just going to use a digital camera, I assume that will be fine.

docbennett
02-05-2013, 06:50 AM
Digital cameras with video and smart phones with video will all work fine guys.

Every picture and every video I've ever posted on any forum was taken with a 2003 Kodak digital camera that I still use daily.

hippietim
02-05-2013, 07:14 AM
My arm could be twisted.

docbennett
02-05-2013, 07:33 AM
This is GREAT. I must admit...I had mixed feelings.....Great enthusiasm and excitment for creating an internet tune we all participate in.

Extreme dread and foreboding with regard to my having to learn what is necessary to collate the videos and put them together.

Well...at this point, we have around 13 participants. I think the critical number for the best result would be somewhere between 20 and 25 people and a song that runs around 4.5 minutes. Hey....if we did "A day in the Life" I could take responsibility for the last 30 seconds....EASY!

Seriously....I will close the thread sometime after we have at least 20 firm participants and all agree we have reached critical mass. Then, the next step will be all of us agreeing to which tune we will play along to. I must say....classic rock was my choice due to my familiarity with the genre, and my belief that even a song we are not too familiar with would not be too difficult to learn. This should be fun. The inspration for this thread actually came from Ruger, who played "Aqualung" in the Zombie thread. Believe it or not....after 40 years....I had NEVER bothered to learn the entire song. So, with the exception of the Martin Barre solo, which I can only approximate pretty lamely....I figured it out and then had my epiphony....wouldn't it be cool if a large group of us did a similar thing, in which we cut from one to the next every few seconds?

And then, a la Ralph Kramden......because I have A BIIIIIG MOUTH......I got manipulated, coerced, intimidated and....as a result.... pressed into service as the point man.

And here we are today...on the verge of forming the "PRS Forum Video Schleppers Band". Ok....I am sure someone will come up for a better name for our burgeouning group. Maybe that's another thread. An idea for all you card holders waiting to participate....a thread called "Name the PRS Video Band". And no...."The Schmucks" are NOT allowed as an entry.

hippietim
02-05-2013, 07:47 AM
We should do La Villa Strangiato. I'll sing.

rugerpc
02-05-2013, 07:50 AM
Ruger...the Video forum Jam....where are you??????? Sign up, my friend...we need you!

I'm not sure I have the chops to participate, Bennett. The vids I have posted so far have been the thousandth takes for little snips and are still riddled with mistakes....

Albrecht Smuten
02-05-2013, 08:00 AM
I'm not sure I have the chops to participate, Bennett. The vids I have posted so far have been the thousandth takes for little snips and are still riddled with mistakes....

Come on, Bill... Ned is willing to learn how to edit video, I am willing to learn how to play the guitar. You just have to learn how not to be hard on yourself ;)

docbennett
02-05-2013, 08:22 AM

Pal...the reason I am doing this is simply because after I saw your video I realized that there are others in the forum who play like I do. Don't kid yourself...this is not about chops...this is about having fun, making fun of ourselves and creating an epic masterpiece. You will fit in fine. And...when you create your video...you can do as many takes as you want before you send in the final product. We are all mostly hobbyists here....I ain't leaving my day job anytime soon...I play for my own pleasure and to torture my wife. Very simple and effective, really.

docbennett
02-05-2013, 08:29 AM
And....someone needs to coerce or convince the Highlander to participate. I know that Les doesn't want to show his face, since he is about 800 years old, and needs to maintain his disguise. but, he should be in this project anyway. Hear me Highlander????? You participate....or we'll have your head! And you will never experience "The Quickening"!

andy474x
02-05-2013, 08:43 AM
If we can iPhone it, count me in

docbennett
02-05-2013, 09:12 AM
We should do La Villa Strangiato. I'll sing.

Maybe we'll reserve that one for when Howie wants to participate. :D

Rango
02-05-2013, 10:47 AM

Ruger If you'll go - I'll go! Us drummers gotta stick together!:laugh: LOL!!!

Doc - all I have is an Iphone to record with - that will work?

butterfly
02-05-2013, 10:47 AM
I'm in.

Do you have a phone?

Of course. Iphone and an ipad 3. count me as a dummy but I can do a 4 minute video with that? I had no idea.

And I nominate Sweet Home Alabama as a contender. Classic and lots of easy parts. Or if we want to go real easy, something Neal Young--like Keep on Rocking In the Free World.

docbennett
02-05-2013, 11:55 AM
Ruger If you'll go - I'll go! Us drummers gotta stick together!:laugh: LOL!!!Doc - all I have is an Iphone to record with - that will work?

Of course. Iphone and an ipad 3. count me as a dummy but I can do a 4 minute video with that? I had no idea. And I nominate Sweet Home Alabama as a contender. Classic and lots of easy parts. Or if we want to go real easy, something Neal Young--like Keep on Rocking In the Free World.

As long as your smart phone has video....that will work fine. these days, they even make it super easy to upload to youtube.

As far as the tunes above...they are exactly in the category I would recommend...classic, easy to play, easily recognizable. We have to defer to the lowest common denomonator here...I want everyone to feel comfortable with the final chosen topic...that being said...anything by Neil Young (and especially rockin' in the free world) would work for me!!

sergiodeblanc
02-05-2013, 12:07 PM
Man Bennett, it looks like there are enough people signed up that I better get off my butt and finally get an iPhone. Oh dear, what have I gotten myself into? Did I really sign up to not only learn, but video myself playing a Neil Young song?

Rango
02-05-2013, 12:08 PM
Mary Jane's last dance?

if you're going to do Mr. Young - Cinnomon Girl :D

...if we all through out a few we can do a poll later to pick one?

docbennett
02-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Mary Jane's last dance?

Correct! We develop the group...then we choose a song that we can all agree on. 'Cause if it was just me, it would be all Neil Young or BOC..or pink floyd...or Stones....so, I'm easy.. so long as there aren't any real difficult passages. If you've seen my "beat it" solo video....you understand that speaking for myself...I am prepared to expose my limitations in the name of having fun and a good time.

justmund
02-05-2013, 02:15 PM
And....someone needs to coerce or convince the Highlander to participate. I know that Les doesn't want to show his face, since he is about 800 years old, and needs to maintain his disguise. but, he should be in this project anyway. Hear me Highlander????? You participate....or we'll have your head! And you will never experience "The Quickening"!
I agree, it would be great to have some of the more errr "prominent" members of this forum get in on this. Hans, Les, Shawn, James etc etc

CoreyT
02-05-2013, 02:42 PM
Mary Jane's last dance?

Andy from Pro Guitar Shop reviews a lot of pedals on their YouTube channel, but since NAMM last week, he is now giving free lessons just about daily while demoing a pedal too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N54dEqvtuFU

Rango
02-05-2013, 03:11 PM
Andy from Pro Guitar Shop reviews a lot of pedals on their YouTube channel, but since NAMM last week, he is now giving free lessons just about daily while demoing a pedal too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N54dEqvtuFU

Ya got me, I learned it from Andy over the weekend! ;)
That's what prompted my responce - ONE FINGER chords! :D

tcb37
02-05-2013, 07:57 PM
Oh what the hell, I'm in if you'll have me.

Albrecht Smuten
02-06-2013, 04:46 AM
Oh what the hell, I'm in if you'll have me.

Welcome aboard :congrats:

Correct! We develop the group...then we choose a song that we can all agree on. 'Cause if it was just me, it would be all Neil Young or BOC..or pink floyd...or Stones....so, I'm easy.. so long as there aren't any real difficult passages. If you've seen my "beat it" solo video....you understand that speaking for myself...I am prepared to expose my limitations in the name of having fun and a good time.

By the way, is this gonna be "guitar only" video? No bass, drums, vocals, whatever? Or will the guitar be layered over the original song, that would be well heard in the video? (I find the second option more fun than the first, but a bigger pain in the a** to equalize)

Tim
02-06-2013, 05:36 AM
How about something with a backing track on iTunes that everyone can download....... Must be some ACDC on there!!

docbennett
02-06-2013, 06:28 AM
The unifying rule of thumb...be it a click track, or playing along to a background song, or whatever...must be the ease of video editing the final versions. That is my major concern. I agreed to take the helm of the editing, with the understanding that I've never done it before and need to learn the basics.....some of the recommendations are probably easier than others, and some may just be untenable given my ability and available equipment.

So...Let's try to keep this project as simple as we can. Anyone who has done video editing in the past is welcome to chime in with tips, ideas and recommendations.

CoreyT
02-06-2013, 06:32 AM
Problem Child AC/DC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ikoywIpck

I was just listening to the same song on the way into work this morning.

Here is another one with just bass and drums, and you can also download the MP3 from there.

http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/play/ac_dc/problem_child.htm

The above is a pretty cool site.
http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/

docbennett
02-06-2013, 06:45 AM
OK..hold your ideas for the tunes, and let's get critical mass first. Let's focus on how many players we can get, and then go from there. Anyone do a count yet? We keep the thread alive until we have at least 20 players...then, we decide whether to keep it up, or close it off as we develop the tune(s) we will video.

I forsee the video going viral, and all participants being signed to a major studio contract as a result of this project. We will become household names....our video will become the most watched in youtube history. We will be invited to play at the next Superbowl halftime show, for which we will just lip synch to the background video. "American Idol" will ask us to become the house band.

OK...the hallucinogens are starting to wear off......

CoreyT
02-06-2013, 07:09 AM
We will be invited to play at the next Superbowl halftime show, for which we will just lip synch to the background video.
Remember to bring the backup generator.

Mikegarveyblues
02-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Just a couple of pointers...

I'd veer away from playing over the original track. The worst thing that could happen is Y'tube pulls it / or mutes the audio for copyright. It's less likely (Though not impossible) if you use a BT or without a BT.

The guys who are using iPhones or similar....

Do a test run first. You want the audio to be as clear as possible. If you hear clipping or pops the amp is too loud. If you hear a lot of background noise or hiss then you want to try and make the guitar clearer. So you'll need to experiment with volumes and placement if you can.

Rango
02-06-2013, 04:38 PM
OK..hold your ideas for the tunes, and let's get critical mass first. Let's focus on how many players we can get, and then go from there. Anyone do a count yet? We keep the thread alive until we have at least 20 players...then, we decide whether to keep it up, or close it off as we develop the tune(s) we will video.

I forsee the video going viral, and all participants being signed to a major studio contract as a result of this project. We will become household names....our video will become the most watched in youtube history. We will be invited to play at the next Superbowl halftime show, for which we will just lip synch to the background video. "American Idol" will ask us to become the house band.

OK...the hallucinogens are starting to wear off......

Doc if you are going to do that, you have to share! I can PM you an address to mail the Rx To! :D

Remember to bring the backup generator.

I was hoping for the "Wardrobe Malfunction" THIS YEAR! :D

Just a couple of pointers...

I'd veer away from playing over the original track. The worst thing that could happen is Y'tube pulls it / or mutes the audio for copyright. It's less likely (Though not impossible) if you use a BT or without a BT.

The guys who are using iPhones or similar....

Do a test run first. You want the audio to be as clear as possible. If you hear clipping or pops the amp is too loud. If you hear a lot of background noise or hiss then you want to try and make the guitar clearer. So you'll need to experiment with volumes and placement if you can.
Good advice - I'm also going to make a shopping strike to Walmart to see if I can find some sort of Iphone mount to get the phone in the right spot and keep it there - Ideas here are quite welcome. ;)

I'd hope that with the talent( and recording Pro's) we have hanging out around here we could come up with a backing track of our own and avoid all the copyright issues.

butterfly
02-06-2013, 06:26 PM
Okay guys--I just did a test in my music room. Using an iPad 3 (which can shoot HD video), my AxeFx and Adams A7 Powers monitors at a low to reasonable volume, I was able to capture a video with most acceptable audio and video quality--certainly on par with a lot of You Tube instructionals. I think the key was not blowing out the volume.

Also--the trickiest part was balancing the Ipad in a spot to capture enough of the guitar and to frame the image nicely. The Ipad does not really sit well on desks etc. Might be necessary to get a helper to hold it in place, and also do start and stop the record. (to avoid the walk around, sit down and start playing lead in). I suppose that could be edited out, but for tonight I am proud enough that I got this far lol and not feeling like investigating video editing capability. That said I have a 15 year old sitting upstairs from me who doubtless knows how to do all this in great detail.

Anyway, the point being its not as hard as you may have thought to video yourself.

sergiodeblanc
02-06-2013, 08:59 PM
Anyway, the point being its not as hard as you may have thought to video yourself.

Bangin'

docbennett
02-07-2013, 06:39 AM
Video'ing yourself is supereasy.

I have been staying up nights, and waking up screaming, however, as I think about the learning curve ahead of me regarding learning how to video edit.

I haaaaavee a biiiiiig moooouth!!!!!!

To parphrase Ellison....I have a mouth....and I am screaming!!!

"Thanks Doc....I didn't see you come in. yes, you can restrain me...yes, I'll take the blue pill."

Ahhh....everything is wonderful.

Albrecht Smuten
02-07-2013, 06:44 AM
Video'ing yourself is supereasy.

I have been staying up nights, and waking up screaming, however, as I think about the learning curve ahead of me regarding learning how to video edit.

I haaaaavee a biiiiiig moooouth!!!!!!

To parphrase Ellison....I have a mouth....and I am screaming!!!

"Thanks Doc....I didn't see you come in. yes, you can restrain me...yes, I'll take the blue pill."

Ahhh....everything is wonderful.

http://www.sar-el.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/get-well-soon.jpg

docbennett
02-07-2013, 07:18 AM
"Thanks Doc....I didn't see you come in. yes, you can restrain me...yes, I'll take the blue pill." Ahhh....everything is wonderful.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/34246872.jpg

Albrecht Smuten
02-07-2013, 07:36 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/34246872.jpg

I have to: http://funny-pictures-blog.com/2011/07/02/what-if-neo-took-both-pills-funny-matrix-pictures/

LSchefman
02-07-2013, 09:40 AM
I'd hope that with the talent( and recording Pro's) we have hanging out around here we could come up with a backing track of our own and avoid all the copyright issues.

Actually, you won't avoid the copyright issues if you're using someone else's song.

Background info: There are two copyrights involved in a recording: one is the composition itself, i.e., the song and lyrics. The other is the recording, which is a separate copyright.

Strictly speaking, you need a synch license to use someone else's tune on a video, regardless of who created the backing track, and if you were to use the original recording as a backing track, you need two licenses, one for the tune, and one for the master.

The exceptions to needing a copyright are "fair use," face-to-face instruction, and virtual instruction. If you have any chance of avoiding an infringement, you have to argue "fair use." If you're not sure, permission should be requested for the use.

I can't venture a guess as to whether this effort would come under "fair use" since the courts have been inconsistent on the interpretation of the fair use exception, including the USSC. I hosted a studio seminar for the Michigan Bar's Arts, Communication, Entertainment and Sports Law Section a couple of years ago, and after the meeting there was a presentation on the fair use exception, which I stuck around for.

The specialists in the room couldn't agree on the various examples we showed; they could only agree that fair use is an amorphous concept as it stands today. However, I have my doubts as to whether this would be a fair use, since it doesn't seem to meet the criteria. If you really, really want to be safe, write an original tune.

In addition to any actual damages, statutory penalties range up to $150,000 for every work infringed, Infringer pays for all attorneys fees and court costs, and there are criminal penalties. So you want to be very sure you have a fair use.

Albrecht Smuten
02-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Actually, you won't avoid the copyright issues if you're using someone else's song.

Background info: There are two copyrights involved in a recording: one is the composition itself, i.e., the song and lyrics. The other is the recording, which is a separate copyright.

Strictly speaking, you need a synch license to use someone else's tune on a video, regardless of who created the backing track, and if you were to use the original recording as a backing track, you need two licenses, one for the tune, and one for the master.

I can't venture a guess as to whether this effort would come under "fair use" since the courts have been inconsistent on the interpretation of the fair use exception, including the USSC. I hosted a studio seminar for the Michigan Bar's Arts, Communication, Entertainment and Sports Law Section a couple of years ago, and after the meeting there was a presentation on the fair use exception, which I stuck around for.

The specialists in the room couldn't agree on the various examples we showed; they could only agree that fair use is an amorphous concept as it stands today. However, I have my doubts as to whether this would be a fair use, since it doesn't seem to meet the criteria. If you really, really want to be safe, write an original tune.

So you're in? :D

LSchefman
02-07-2013, 09:57 AM
So you're in? :D

I love your sense of humor, Albrecht! :)

docbennett
02-07-2013, 10:04 AM
I get the sense that Les is "too good" to join us guys for an informal video jam. He just hangs with the pros of the world. :laugh:

OTOH, as a full fledged "Highlander" I can see why he eschews video content....he doesn't want his latest disguise to be recognized by anyone else, lest he might risk "his head" and never achieve "the quickening". :biggrin:

Mikegarveyblues
02-07-2013, 10:05 AM

The exceptions to needing a copyright are "fair use," face-to-face instruction, and virtual instruction. If you have any chance of avoiding an infringement, you have to argue "fair use." If you're not sure, permission should be requested for the use.

In addition to any actual damages, statutory penalties range up to $150,000 for every work infringed, Infringer pays for all attorneys fees and court costs, and there are criminal penalties. So you want to be very sure you have a fair use.

It really depends on what the publishing company and or artist and or Youtube wish to do. They may not do anything at all or they may (As they seem to do a lot and I find perfectly fair) place an ad on the video. At the worst they may mute the audio or remove the vid completely. The last two options are much more likely if you use the original tune in the composition.

Based on my experience, I would avoid the original tune completely and opt for either a BT or no BT at all or an original tune.

If we go with a band... A known rock tine for instance then avoid Led Zep and The Eagles like the plague!!!

LSchefman
02-07-2013, 10:28 AM
I get the sense that Les is "too good" to join us guys for an informal video jam. He just hangs with the pros of the world. :laugh::

On the contrary: At the end of the Unicorns "novel" thread, I was asked, "What's next?" and said I was thinking of creating an original backing track for *everyone* to play on and contribute to.

I thought that was a pretty decent offer. Something nice to do.

You didn't like it, and came up with this video idea. People seem to like it.

Frankly, no one else jumped on my idea, either. So that's one and done. LOL.

Fortunately for my sanity (since the creative process isn't necessarily democratic, and that's especially true in my case), I have a new project coming in, and wouldn't be able to get to it for awhile anyway. So have fun!

Mikegarveyblues
02-07-2013, 04:02 PM
FWIW I liked your idea Les, as I do this one. IAt the risk of sounding condescending it may be because some people - particularly if they're new to recording / videoing themselves - would rather start on much more familiar territory with a known tune.

Don't give up your idea though... Let's just give this one a shot to start with. If it takes off then we can broaden the horizons a little.

justmund
02-07-2013, 04:15 PM
On the contrary: At the end of the Unicorns "novel" thread, I was asked, "What's next?" and said I was thinking of creating an original backing track for *everyone* to play on and contribute to.

Fortunately for my sanity (since the creative process isn't necessarily democratic, and that's especially true in my case), I have a new project coming in, and wouldn't be able to get to it for awhile anyway. So have fun!
I didn't read the Unicorn thread, but if I had of, I would have said this is a great idea Les, and thank you for your kind offer of professional services.

No reason why we can't do both?

Mikegarveyblues
02-07-2013, 04:20 PM
No reason why we can't do both?

Indeed!

LSchefman
02-07-2013, 04:25 PM
Well, as it happens, I agreed to take on a pretty sizable chunk of work for now, so later on down the road.

rugerpc
02-07-2013, 04:30 PM

I like the idea of your backing trac, too Les. I thought I said so at the time, but looking back, I just thought I posted that... hard to keep track sometimes. I'm sorry if you felt I left you in the cold.

Whether or not it is used for this project, I'd like you to go ahead and make something for us, Les. It could be used here or not, either way, I'd like to hear it...

Now, whether or not I'm in for this project is still to be determined.

LSchefman
02-07-2013, 05:31 PM
I like the idea of your backing trac, too Les. I thought I said so at the time, but looking back, I just thought I posted that... hard to keep track sometimes. I'm sorry if you felt I left you in the cold.

I didn't feel that way at all. Bennett was just kidding me for being a musical snob, and I had to tweak him a little by reminding him of my offer.

Of course, I am a snob, but I'm willing to let everyone else in PRS-land join the circle. LOL!

docbennett
02-17-2013, 11:15 AM
Time to get the thread back up to the front, and to figure out who exactly is willing to come on board.....If we can get at least 20 people, I will commit to the video editing protocol....less than 20, and I have "plan B"...so, next couple of days will determine the extent to which I am going to have a forced learning curve in video editing stuck up my toochas....self inflicted of course.

dadoffive
04-05-2013, 02:42 PM
A little late to the party, but if you have room, I'd like to particpate.

Mikegarveyblues
04-05-2013, 05:22 PM
Forgot about this!

You still game Doc?

docbennett
04-17-2013, 10:26 AM
Hey....as you may know....I was invited to be "off the forum" for a couple of weeks. The ban began on 3/29 and ended 4/12, durnig the last few posts on this thread.

Prior to that, I tried to poll those who remained interested.....we didn't get close to critical mass. I only had about 4 people who were willing to commit to the project.

I have an idea that may prove to be more "do-able" and will post it within the next week on a different thread. I have to learn not to start projects when I am either planning my daughter's engagement party (done thank god...last Saturday night)....planning my daughter's wedding (Gulp...11/30/13, and still have to pay for it!)...or in the midst of being temporarily banned from the forum. :tongue: