PDA

View Full Version : What Guitar Can You Not Put Down?

LSchefman
02-09-2013, 02:51 PM
So we have the "food you can't put down" thread, and I'm thinking why not guitars you can't put down?

I would watch a guitar network, but I'd never watch the Food Network. I can watch someone build a guitar, but have no interest in watching some famous chef cook.

My A-V is probably my #1 rock instrument, and the SC58 cuts deep to my innermost musical self, but I can't stop playing the Sig Ltd. It's just so darn interesting, and it can be incredibly detailed and subtle, or can hit you over the head. Great instrument.

So...what's the guitar that you can't put down once you pick it up?

tiboy
02-09-2013, 03:17 PM
For me it's the last one in that does not want to leave my hands. Thr AP P22, with a pattern IRW neck and ebony board just feels so natural. Add the piezo and it's all there in one package.

The I pick up the stripper and I'm ready to propose a lifetime monogamous commitment.

I'm trying not to play the MEQ or CU24 so I can get my head around the idea of parting with them. Alas, I fail too often, fall in love again and return to start.

carpincowboy
02-09-2013, 03:26 PM
For me its my new prs se245 ltd edition. Its my one and only prs but i love it.

Boogie
02-09-2013, 03:47 PM
My guilty pleasure...my SE One. It may be the lowest priced PRS in history but it plays like a million bucks. :rock:

CantankerousCarl
02-09-2013, 03:48 PM
For me it's a toss-up between the Siggy and the CE24.

I have spent many an hour just playing with the mini-toggles on the Siggy, playing the same songs over and appreciating the differences.

The CE makes me giggle like a schoolgirl. It's the most raucous axe I have ever had, and probably best neck ever.

John Price
02-09-2013, 04:00 PM
The DGT!

jfb
02-09-2013, 04:29 PM
For me it's my PS Custom 22 in Charcoal Cherry Burst. Mahogany body and neck, maple top, ebony board, 57/08's with McCarty switching. It's chunky, it's snappy. It's so metal, it's so sexy.

I have big GAS for an Artist V due to it having similar wood combination. One day!

Bill SAS 513
02-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Ok...dilemma time...I try to be fair to the family, so I actually track PRSi played each day on a PS calendar...lately main squeezes are old school SAS and NF3...tracking also rotates and everybody gets love (new strings, neck adjustment, FB treatment, etc...) anybody else this goofy??

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T !
02-09-2013, 04:36 PM

Right now... the Raven.

Aeetus
02-09-2013, 05:33 PM
I have 2 guitars that just make me feel like playing into the night and it's a case of whichever I pick up first. Both have a real organic feel, hardly any finish and they are both so resonant you don't need to plug in at home. Here they are....
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u76/d1dsj/photo315.jpg

bluefade
02-09-2013, 06:03 PM
So we have the "food you can't put down" thread, and I'm thinking why not guitars you can't put down?

I would watch a guitar network, but I'd never watch the Food Network. I can watch someone build a guitar, but have no interest in watching some famous chef cook.

My A-V is probably my #1 rock instrument, and the SC58 cuts deep to my innermost musical self, but I can't stop playing the Sig Ltd. It's just so darn interesting, and it can be incredibly detailed and subtle, or can hit you over the head. Great instrument.

Well Les,I waited for Mr Smith to make this instrument,for a long time. Many dead presidents fell by the way, on the journey to the ownership of this prize!!! WE HAVE ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!

LSchefman
02-09-2013, 06:03 PM
Sweet, everyone! Keep 'em coming!

sergiodeblanc
02-09-2013, 07:34 PM
I took my SE Orianthi to a session yesterday because my other guitars are buried (or unfinished yet) since my move. I mean of course it's upgraded fully, but I'm still in awe of how much I like that guitar, it also made me enough money to buy gas, squares, wine, and dinner.

Mike Duncan
02-09-2013, 07:42 PM
I love my Goldtop DGT - I've pretty much shunned all others since 2008.

clcwarlock
02-09-2013, 07:58 PM
My P24, not because of just the piezo, but the way it sounds with the McCarty body thickness and the 53/10's. It is inspiring me to write some pretty killer riffs, isnt that what its all about. I'm so lucky have one.

t.shamone
02-09-2013, 08:01 PM
http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz25/tshamone/NewRamirezfront.jpg

swede71
02-09-2013, 08:20 PM
My PRS Cu22 soapbar and my Fender Eric Clapton partocaster with EMG DG-20 pickups.My Gibson Flying V would need some help from PTC.

alantig
02-09-2013, 08:26 PM
It had been my DGT for quite a while, but since last fall, it's been the 408. The DGT neck is just heavenly in my hands, but the 408 is extremely close - and it's IRW.

Danerada
02-09-2013, 09:32 PM
My SE One....un-freaking-believable guitar.....

gush
02-09-2013, 10:02 PM
I purchased my 2011 cu24 this past summer and I LOVE that guitar. It blows me away how versatile this guitar is and those pickups are fabulous. I dont understand why 5909s are not offered on the cu24 for 2013. What gives? I have a mccarty and a cu22. I love those guitars as well but there is something about my cu24 that speaks to me. I wouldnt even think of going to a gig withoutit,I cant put it down.

gush
02-09-2013, 10:05 PM
BTW. I would post a pic of my beautiful cu24 but Im not savy enough to know how to do it. sorry

LSchefman
02-09-2013, 10:13 PM
For me it's the last one in that does not want to leave my hands. Thr AP P22, with a pattern IRW neck and ebony board just feels so natural. Add the piezo and it's all there in one package.

The I pick up the stripper and I'm ready to propose a lifetime monogamous commitment.

I'm trying not to play the MEQ or CU24 so I can get my head around the idea of parting with them. Alas, I fail too often, fall in love again and return to start.

I empathize with your MEQ and CU24 predicament. When I parted with my Stripped 58, I was truly upset and moped around for weeks. Felt like a huge mistake.

If I'd had sackcloth and ashes, it would have been a perfect picture!

My wife actually felt sorry for me.

BostonGuitar
02-09-2013, 10:47 PM
The one that says "Bad Muthah Fuckah" on it...

Egads
02-10-2013, 12:11 AM
For me, it always ends up being the one I haven't played in a while. I'll get in a rut and play the same two guitars for a month, then break up something else and wonder why I haven't been play it all along.

Right now, it's the Mira with 57/08s, but I'm pulling the 513 out tomorrow...

slang05
02-10-2013, 12:24 AM
For me it's whatever guitar I am playing. I can't seem to put the 513 down for the DGT and I can't put down the DGT for the 513. I really love them both, it's a good problem to have!

Shawn@PRS
02-10-2013, 06:50 AM
My SE One....un-freaking-believable guitar.....

I have an SE Soapbar that was my #1 guitar for a long time. Especially when my son was younger and didn't fully understand how to treat instruments with respect. The guitar plays and sounds great. Now that the boy is older, I can feel more comfortable leaving one of my Maryland built guitars on a stand without fear of harm. The SE still holds a special place in my heart though, that thing is a monster.

docbennett
02-10-2013, 07:09 AM
BTW. I would post a pic of my beautiful cu24 but Im not savy enough to know how to do it. sorry

Easy....copy a link to the photo (use photobucket for ease)....then click the little image icon...the "windowpane with the tree icon"..it's the 3rd icon from the right...in between the link icon and the video icon. These icons all show up above the writing pane, when you hit any "reply" option when posting. Once you get that "popup" after clicking on the image icon... just paste your link inside the brackets they automatically give you. Voila...it will appear.

An easier option is that if you have an existing copy of the photo you want to post...just right click and copy it...depending on where the photo is located in your files...it should appear right away when you right click "paste" into the thread you want to reply to.

veinbuster
02-10-2013, 07:37 AM
Dirty 100
Laskin (classical)
Taylor GS with Englemann top, Adirondack bracing and cocobolo arm rest
and anything with a rosewood neck

Dirty Bob
02-10-2013, 08:20 AM
305 and my Thorns at home. I've been playing cu22's with the band.

Hopeful Sinner
02-10-2013, 09:37 AM
McRosie with 53/10s... It is absolutely perfect...

TJIann
02-10-2013, 09:44 AM
My Dirty 100. I received it last weekend and then had to go out of town for work this week. I have not put it down since I got home Thursday night. Just a magical guitar. Has the 245 scale I love and just looks/feels/sounds perfect. This is now my #1 PRS (before it was my Ted DC245).

Rango
02-10-2013, 09:56 AM
Since July it's been my P22 :D

Oh and that's a VERY long time for me. ;) A Friend of mine joked that the GC had to lay off a guy because I quite buying gear after getting that guitar! :D

LSchefman
02-10-2013, 10:09 AM
Since July it's been my P22 :D

Oh and that's a VERY long time for me. ;) A Friend of mine joked that the GC had to lay off a guy because I quite buying gear after getting that guitar! :D

Haha! I wonder if PRS has special health and life insurance on Markie, 11Top, and MA Pete!

Twinfan
02-10-2013, 10:46 AM
Collection V for me, it's just an incredibly musical instrument.

SixStringZombie
02-10-2013, 11:52 AM
My new Starla LTD, one of the best guitars I think I've ever owned.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z217/limitclub/starla1.jpg

jfb
02-10-2013, 11:57 AM
Dirty 100
Laskin (classical)
Taylor GS with Englemann top, Adirondack bracing and cocobolo arm rest
and anything with a rosewood neck

My Dirty 100. I received it last weekend and then had to go out of town for work this week. I have not put it down since I got home Thursday night. Just a magical guitar. Has the 245 scale I love and just looks/feels/sounds perfect. This is now my #1 PRS (before it was my Ted DC245).

I generally don't bond well with satin finishes and I am a bit concerned about 245 scale but I've had Dirty 100 GAS for some time. I should take the plunge.

Shawn@PRS
02-10-2013, 12:00 PM
My new Starla LTD, one of the best guitars I think I've ever owned.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z217/limitclub/starla1.jpg

That's a great color for a Starla!

veinbuster
02-10-2013, 12:13 PM
I generally don't bond well with satin finishes and I am a bit concerned about 245 scale but I've had Dirty 100 GAS for some time. I should take the plunge.

They are great guitars - in fact the sound got me off my fixations with braz necks.

Mikegarveyblues
02-10-2013, 12:49 PM
My Strat and my Bernie!

They where both great to strat with but i've had more than long enough (Particularly with the Strat) to tinker and mod, dial in the perfect setup and get used to any quibbles to make them work perfectly for me. There's nothing I'm fighting or unhappy with on those two guitars. I just pick them up, plug in and away I go!

Rango
02-10-2013, 05:58 PM
Haha! I wonder if PRS has special health and life insurance on Markie, 11Top, and MA Pete!

My gear budget is peanuts compaired to that bunch! ;) They could effect employment in U.S. and Canada! :laugh:
They sure spec' out some beauties! :congrats:

Texas_minor_blues
02-10-2013, 06:36 PM
513 at the moment but my DGT seems to be calling out to me

LSchefman
02-10-2013, 09:51 PM
My gear budget is peanuts compaired to that bunch! ;) They could effect employment in U.S. and Canada! :laugh:
They sure spec' out some beauties! :congrats:

Aw heck, my total gear budget wouldn't even buy a hand cart big enough to move their guitar cases across the room! But it sure is fun to watch. ;)

dmorton67
02-11-2013, 01:56 PM
as i've yet to get a prs guitar, my current one is a 1957 LP gold top reissue with brazilian neck. it really does play like buttah.

sergiodeblanc
02-11-2013, 01:58 PM
as i've yet to get a prs guitar

We are gonna have to do something about that.

dmorton67
02-11-2013, 02:16 PM
We are gonna have to do something about that.

That is true. I'm closing on a house at the end of March and once that is over and all credit checks are done with, i'm pulling the trigger on a 408 I've been eying.

kingsleyd
02-11-2013, 04:19 PM
The one that makes this sound. (the lead/solo guitar) Although, heck, the bass I'm playing here is pretty un-put-down-able in its own right.

https://soundcloud.com/kingsley-durant/slinky-4-3?in=kingsley-durant/sets/slinky-demos