PDA

View Full Version : Elixer od D'Addario EXP

captdg
02-27-2013, 07:12 PM
I play about 10-12 hours a week..Which ones will last longer and keep a good sound?

Thanks
Gurn:star:

Solocaller
02-27-2013, 09:43 PM
I have the EXPs on my LP right now but I've never used the Elixirs so I can't really make a comparison. The EXPs are very slick feeling and I'm not so sure that I like that. So far though, I've had very few issues with them which is good because the acidic qualities in my sweat tend to destroy strings rather quickly. I'd say that I have 30+ hours on these and they're still going strong.

captdg
02-27-2013, 11:51 PM
I have the EXPs on my LP right now but I've never used the Elixirs so I can't really make a comparison. The EXPs are very slick feeling and I'm not so sure that I like that. So far though, I've had very few issues with them which is good because the acidic qualities in my sweat tend to destroy strings rather quickly. I'd say that I have 30+ hours on these and they're still going strong.

Good...I bought the EXP's ( as per your rcommendation) and they sound very crisp..Kinda like a Taylor Acoustic.. Should last 45 days ..Hopefully. Rthanks!

boxstop7
03-04-2013, 08:41 PM
...they sound very crisp..Kinda like a Taylor Acoustic..

That's not surprising given that Taylor acoustics ship standard with Elixirs strung on them.

Sage
03-04-2013, 08:47 PM
I only use them on my acoustics, but my experience is that the elixir nanoweb strings last longer than the EXPs but don't deaden the sound like the elixir polyweb strings do.