PDA

View Full Version : Loving my SASNF!!!

cyclops
04-26-2012, 09:26 PM
Just wanted to say much love to my Swamp Ash Special Near Field!!! That has become my go to guitar for playing with my worship team and with a band I am working on. GREAT tone! Running it through a Keeley compressor and a OCD pedal into a Koch Twintone II. Man... It fits my style, which is rock / blues / Santana-esqe... Love my other PRSi, but I'm just getting a killer combination right now.

VERY HAPPY!!! THANK YOU PRS!!!

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T !
04-27-2012, 11:17 AM
I bet it sounds great though your OCD!

cyclops
04-27-2012, 09:06 PM
Thanks Hans... I'm still missing Goldie...

What's funny is how short lived my above statements were... I DO love my SASNF... BUT... I finally got to try a Swamp Ash Studio...

Whoa momma!!! Playing that through a Tweaker 88 at GC... I pulled the trigger on the spot. The one thing that the SASNF didn't have was a great bridge pickup. It is 'very good', but man... The studio had the fullness the SASNF didn't. Plus, with the push-pull tone, the 57/08 in the bridge split wonderfully!!! Very chimey and quacky...

CDJM
04-27-2012, 11:39 PM
I've had one for almost a year, and am still in love with it.

I love all of my current guitars (otherwise would not keep them) - however, think I could cover 90% of the sounds I want with a SASNF and the DGT standard I purchased a few weeks ago. So much versatility between them

tolm
05-11-2012, 05:49 PM
I also love my SAS Narrowfield. A veritable Swiss Army Knife of a guitar! Has really improved our bands balance as the other guitarist plays a PRS Custom 24 and I was also using humbuckers before I got it and now we sit in slightly different placea in the mix.