Thread: Warranty Question

Warranty Question

So, I havent turned in my warranty card yet. I got the Angelus in December, and the paper says its no good by now(I had lost it). I read somewhere here that they still take them even after the date. is that true? Not only do I want my axe protected, I also want my freebie from Mel Bay.Anyone have any info? thanks.
    PRS SE Angelus Standard w/Piezo
    PRS Santana SE (Custom 22 w/Santana Headstock Inlay)
    Fender T-Bucket 300CE Acoustic-ElectricFender Mustang I
    Quote Originally Posted by gush View Post
    I'm in the"buy all the prs guitars you can afford" camp.

as a side, off-topic question, my spacing is fine when im typing, but jacks up when I post it. is that a settings issue?

Spacing seems fine from here.

I can't say about sending the card in late, but I sent in mine and tried to get the Mel Bay goodies...nothing. No response at tall. I'm bummed.

Good luck with yours.
    1988 CE24, 1995 CE22, 2000 SC, 2003 Standard 22, 2003 Cu24 AP, 2006 Cu24 AP, 2006 SC AP, 2007 CuRo22, 2010 Starla Stoptail, 2010 Mira
    2007 SE Soapy 2, 2010 SE 25th Anni Cu24, 2012 SE Bernie, 2013 SE Angelus Custom

PRS SE50, Mesa Single RectoVerb, Mesa Lonestar, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Same here, no goodies, mugs, thank you, Paul himself showing up to tune my guitar, nothing but a freakin nice guitar. Very bummed.

Actually some kind of acknowledgement that they received the warranty would be nice.

Same with me. Sent warranty card back. Signed up for Mel Bay. Never heard anything back from either. I'm assuming my warranty card was received and is in effect. I don't suppose I will ever hear back from Mel Bay.

Occasionally Onery Member CantankerousCarl's Avatar
    I have always had very good luck emailing custserv@prsguitars.com for confirmation of warranty status. I usually wait about two weeks for the snailmail to process, and then ping them just to be sure.
    1990, 91, 92 & 97 CE24s | 1991 CU24 | 2000 CU22 Semi-Hollow | 2003 & 04 SE EG
    2008 SE Semi-Hollow Soapbar | 2011 CU24 GC Throwback | 2012 Signature Limited
    2013 408 Brazilian | 2013 Paul's Guitar | 2013 HB II | 2013 CU24 Swamp Ash Limited
    2013 CU24 | 2013 XPRS 408 Semi-Hollow | 2014 CU24 Semi-Hollow

thanks for the replies, and thanks for the addy Carl. I'll see what can be done.

Same here, signed up for Mel Bay also and no word back either. Is this offer still available? Would really like to know. Thanks. ENJOY!!!

In most countries a proof of purchase (ie, bill of sale) is all you need for warranty service. If you have a problem, simply go back to the place where you bought it, or if for some reason you can't, a different reputable PRS dealer with your receipt and explain yourself. I guarantee PRS and/or their local distributor will take care of you.

Quote Originally Posted by NomadMike View Post
    Same here, no goodies, mugs, thank you, Paul himself showing up to tune my guitar, nothing but a freakin nice guitar.
    Geez Mike, that's bad!

You're supposed to get a daily call from Paul asking questions like, "How's the guitar?" or "Need your strings changed?"

Heck, they have a whole department now that changes strings for most of us at least once a month.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

I get a call from Paul about once a week or so. He's made some very nice offers, but no deal - I'm not going to stop playing PRS.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner