Thread: Bought first SE...impressed

Bought first SE...impressed

So I'm a guitar snob...everyone knows it. Collings, USA-PRS, etc.

Saw one of these 7-string SE's in the local classifieds the other day and after a good dose of prerequisite mental anguish (should I, shouldn't I, I don't do Asian, etc etc) took the plunge for a lousy $500.

I am super impressed with these things! Fit 'n finish is exceptional, fretwork is topnotch, materials are high-grade, appearance is awesome, sound is great. Still not too sure what to make of this 7th string, but that's a different problem.

Just sayin'
    -----------------------------
    PRS Mira Mapletop (core)
    PRS CU24 7-string (SE)
    Collings D2HVNSB
    Godin A6 Ultra

The 7-strings are awesome. And they can cover a ton of ground.

So far, I'm mostly using the low string like Emil Werstler said - a guitar in standard tuning with an added low B. But you're also a couple quick twists from an instant B-tuned guitar with a high E.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Well, next time you will know that SEs are top of the line guitars. ENJOY!!!

With PRS you get to be a guitar snob for less money. Hey, that's a good thing!
    Check us out: http://www.elfxi.com

So you should be. Se's are absolutely the best value for money guitar hands down. Enjoy and play the beast and nobody has said this yet but PICS Dude
    I am not a luthier but i am in my own workshop.
    https://www.facebook.com/driffguitar

Quote Originally Posted by carpincowboy View Post
    So you should be. Se's are absolutely the best value for money guitar hands down. Enjoy and play the beast and nobody has said this yet but PICS Dude
    Here's the current pair ('08 Mira Mapletop, CU24 SE-7, with my fun Godin A6 Ultra pulling up the rear...humbucker and piezo in a hollowbody spruce config)
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by alphasports; 07-13-2014 at 08:55 AM.
    PRS Mira Mapletop (core)
    PRS CU24 7-string (SE)
    Collings D2HVNSB
    Godin A6 Ultra

Great shot^^^^
    I turned a jazz-friend on to the Multiac when they first came out (15 years ago +/- ??)...awesome instruments!

That Mira is gorgeous!
    "There are chords in the hearts of the most reckless which cannot be touched without emotion.."
    -Poe

Quote Originally Posted by xjbebop View Post
    Great shot^^^^
    I turned a jazz-friend on to the Multiac when they first came out (15 years ago +/- ??)...awesome instruments!

That Mira is gorgeous!
    thanks! Like the SEs, the Godins offer extremely good value, remarkable versatility and innovation, and are made in North America to boot
    PRS Mira Mapletop (core)
    PRS CU24 7-string (SE)
    Collings D2HVNSB
    Godin A6 Ultra

You should try it out the way that Wes Borland from Limp Bizkit used to play them. He didn't use the low B and instead added a high E string and tuned the guitar down one and a half full steps a la Black Sabbath. This video (not a PRS) is a good idea of the two high E's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI8e8LU4yHU
    SFL Onstage - My New Publication SFL Onstage 'Like' us on Facebook
    PRS McCarty Hollowbody, PRS Custom 24
    Mesa/Boogie Rectifier -> Rectifier Cabs -> Boss Tuner -> Modded Tremonti Wah -> DOD Gonkulator -> T-Rex Tremonti Phase Shifter -> Boss Digital Delay -> EHX POG -> eBow

Quote Originally Posted by solacematt View Post
    You should try it out the way that Wes Borland from Limp Bizkit used to play them. He didn't use the low B and instead added a high E string and tuned the guitar down one and a half full steps a la Black Sabbath. This video (not a PRS) is a good idea of the two high E's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI8e8LU4yHU
    Very cool, thx for the link
    PRS Mira Mapletop (core)
    PRS CU24 7-string (SE)
    Collings D2HVNSB
    Godin A6 Ultra