Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Late NGD: Nugent Zebra

Quote Originally Posted by ViperDoc View Post
    AND POINTS FOR "THE NUGE". WHAT A CRACKPOT!
    Fixed it for ya.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

Quote Originally Posted by tsg68 View Post
    Tim McClaeb/Geoff Jacobsen
    I know those two! Love those dudes. Kill stuff TSG. Thanks for coming here and sharing!
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    I know those two! Love those dudes. Kill stuff TSG. Thanks for coming here and sharing!
    I love those guys too. Times were absolutely crazy back then. Ask Tim if he remembers "bitchboy" Ben getting his eyebrows singed off in the paintshaker incident. Then ask Geoff about the cherry toner fountain! Or Tim's morning cartoons on the loudspeaker! Definitely good times..
    Last edited by tsg68; 08-10-2014 at 11:30 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Thought you might like a few pics on this page....

http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthre...428#post130428
    Awesome! Love the cutout for reference! We had fine line tape back then but it was all paper mask and plain old masking tape after fineline for prep.

Hey back then Ted and Carlos were THE heavies when it came to PRS endorsements. I stained Carlos' tri-color too! Kevin Murphy did the first one but somebody got the color scheme flipped upside down on him so I did the next one. That was before I moved to the spray room and Geoff , Mark, Chris and Norman taught me spray finishing.
    Last edited by tsg68; 08-10-2014 at 11:28 PM.

I love those guys too. Times were absolutely crazy back then. Ask Tim if he remembers "bitchboy" Ben getting his eyebrows singed off in the paintshaker incident. Then ask Geoff about the cherry toner fountain! Or Tim's morning cartoons on the loudspeaker! Definitely good times..
    I certainly will!
    Plank Owner

I stained Carlos' tri-color too!
    Dude! That's such an iconic guitar for me! I always wondered how you guys did those... I have my own assumptions.. but... Right on!

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    Dude! That's such an iconic guitar for me! I always wondered how you guys did those... I have my own assumptions.. but... Right on!
    All I can say is that a sharp Xacto knife is key..

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Fixed it for ya.
    PLUS. ONE.
    PS #4616 * PS #5219 * 2014 P24 Artist Trem * 2012 Tremonti * SE Santana * SE Soapbar II
    Tyler Studio HD Elite * EBMM JP12 * Mesa Boogie Mark V * Fishman Loudbox Mini
    ​Ab Obice Saeviorů Stronger When Opposed

Quote Originally Posted by ViperDoc View Post
    PLUS. ONE.
    Too much npr?

This is the guitar Kev stained. Note the flag color is upside-down! Yes Carlos owned this guitar..for about the full five minutes it took to box it up and send it back! The "B"" stamp on the back of the headstock is not to denote black back, that info was on the master list of serial numbers that department lead men kept. The "B" was a grade denoting a factory second. This guitar is an oddity fer sure and probably worth the money just for the story!

http://www.maverick-music.com/prs-gu...carlos-santana

This is the guitar Kev stained. Note the flag color is upside-down! Yes Carlos owned this guitar..for about the full five minutes it took to box it up and send it back! The "B"" stamp on the back of the headstock is not to denote black back, that info was on the master list of serial numbers that department lead men kept. The "B" was a grade denoting a factory second. This guitar is an oddity fer sure and probably worth the money just for the story!

http://www.maverick-music.com/prs-gu...carlos-santana

It's crazy... I remember hearing the story about this "backwards" guitar only to finally see it pop up for sale this year. It would make a killer collectors guitar! (cough) Markie (cough) Hans (cough)

It's crazy... I remember hearing the story about this "backwards" guitar only to finally see it pop up for sale this year. It would make a killer collectors guitar! (cough) Markie (cough) Hans (cough)
    Yeah the myth comes to life! It wasn't Kevins fault the stain order had been written in reverse. It is a miracle however that the guitar survived as a second...usually it would've been "Townsend style" smashed by some lucky dog on the wood room wall!

Oh and that guitar is probably an '86 or '87 model as I'm pretty sure I'd left the stain bench by mid '87.
    Last edited by tsg68; 08-11-2014 at 12:42 PM.