Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

Thread: The International Banana Conspiracy

  1. #21
    Opaque John Beef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Arizona USA
    Posts
    1,859
    Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    ...and a fairly wide variety of gold hardware haters.
    That's because we're correct. It's a proven fact that gold hardware sucks.










    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    746
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    I tell ya, every time I browse TGP I end up wondering why I did that to myself.
    Every time someone visits TGP Scott Grove makes another video.

  3. #23
    A♥ hoards guitars A♥ rugerpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    deep in the raspberry...
    Posts
    3,443
    Off in a well-lit corner of his studio, Doc Bill Ruger examined his work. Earlier that day, Lestiban had called him frantically from the airport. He was on his way to Odessa and Lestiban was both eager and anxious that Doc finish the object.

    Doc turned the device over in his hands, admiring his own work. The controls were simple. There was the Hater Rebater pot. The scale went from PRS Forum on the low end, through various levels of Troll Tamer all the way to TGP, the highest yet discovered house of haters. There was the requisite On/Off switch and the Big Red Button that activated the Beam. Doc puzzled at the hastily added last control, the Banana Button. But, he had dutifully added it and the electronic subassembly as specified by Lestiban.

    But the rest of the device was all Doc's. It was the culmination of over 7 month's hard work with research aided by PRSh and numerous artists including Carlos, Dave, Davy and surprisingly, a certain D. Gilmour.

    Doc attached the gold label with not a little pride:

    Fartz Capacitor
    Last edited by rugerpc; 07-23-2014 at 04:43 PM.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!
    Lexicon
    ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    That's because we're correct. It's a proven fact that gold hardware sucks.
    Here, have a banana.

    Quote Originally Posted by NomadMike View Post
    Every time someone visits TGP Scott Grove makes another video.
    Best laugh of the day!
    Last edited by LSchefman; 07-23-2014 at 05:53 PM.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

    Website: http://www.elfxi.com

  5. #25
    Lesteban called Doc Ruger from Odessa. He was still wearing his Sebastian period costume, and for some reason, didn't feel all that awkward, though he was getting some strange looks in the hotel lobby.

    "Whaddaya got for us, Doc?"

    "The Fartz Capacitor is ready, Lesteban," Doc replied. "Tell me, what's the Banana Button for?"

    "I'm not really sure," he answered Doc. "I guess we'll find out as the investigation continues. But thanks so much for getting it together...and please thank PRSh for his involvement. Somehow I think it will work with that other thing I brought, you know, The Hammer. Talk soon!"

    And with that, Lesteban walked out of the hotel and onto Lanzheronovskaya Street. He had a hunch that he'd find some answers at Odessa's famous Archeological Museum, the oldest in the Black Sea area. The weather in Odessa was mild, and it was a sunny day. Lesteban walked briskly toward the address he'd been given.

    But somehow he couldn't shake the feeling that he was being followed. He looked back, and didn't see anything.

    "Strange," he muttered to himself.
    Last edited by LSchefman; 07-23-2014 at 06:04 PM.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

    Website: http://www.elfxi.com

  6. #26
    A♥ hoards guitars A♥ rugerpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    deep in the raspberry...
    Posts
    3,443
    Doc glanced up at the large Fartzmeter on the far wall. The needle was hovering between uneasy and caution. He knew this to be because of all of the hate and discontent on TGP. Even without logging on, the effects permeated the Earth like a bean burrito long past it's prime.

    Doc resolved to make some additional modifications to the Fartz Capacitor. For one, the rare earth magnets inside would need replacing with freshly mined specimens. That meant another trip to Connemara. While "(I Know) I'm Losing You" played in the background for inspiration, Doc placed a call to Clifden, Ireland and Abbeyglen Castle.
    Last edited by rugerpc; 07-24-2014 at 09:05 AM.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!
    Lexicon
    ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

  7. #27
    Senior Member Audie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    398
    OK, Les, Hows is this. Anyone running around hating and blabbing hate is not that smart. Therefore those that are not that smart have monkey brains. Any homosapien with only monkey brains is a little crazy (insert BANANAS). So as you say the bananas are a symbol. Yes they are a symbol of the insanity that drives (feeds) the hate in those with monkey brains.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Audie View Post
    OK, Les, Hows is this. Anyone running around hating and blabbing hate is not that smart. Therefore those that are not that smart have monkey brains. Any homosapien with only monkey brains is a little crazy (insert BANANAS). So as you say the bananas are a symbol. Yes they are a symbol of the insanity that drives (feeds) the hate in those with monkey brains.
    I like your logic. Or lack of it. Whatever, I agree.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

    Website: http://www.elfxi.com

  9. #29
    Senior Member garrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,015
    Quote Originally Posted by NomadMike View Post
    Every time someone visits TGP Scott Grove makes another video.
    Now that's funny right there.

  10. #30
    Senior Member jcha008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    497
    When I saw the thread title, I thought it pertained to the Dani Alves (soccer player) banana controversy. Yea, I was terribly wrong.

  11. #31
    Senior Member Daniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    634
    Shhhhh! Don't mention B-n-n-s or you'll draw the attention of the NSA. B-n-n-s are very close to the government, we've invaded foreign countries several times just to protect the yellow fruit.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Shhhhh! Don't mention B-n-n-s or you'll draw the attention of the NSA. B-n-n-s are very close to the government, we've invaded foreign countries several times just to protect the yellow fruit.
    It's ok. This isn't really about bananas, despite the title.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

    Website: http://www.elfxi.com

  13. #33
    SuperD Boogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Indy, IN
    Posts
    1,372
    Quote Originally Posted by NomadMike View Post
    Could also be Freelee, The Banana Girl, has something to do with it.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dtgS7vSSIJQ
    They neglect to mention her next 6 hours being spent on the toilet.

    Have a a nice martini, Les. Let the haters hate. Let's play some music.
    + '01 Custom 24 + '11 DGT Standard (Mr. Clean) + '09 SE One + Super Dallas + Stealth 2x12+

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie View Post
    They neglect to mention her next 6 hours being spent on the toilet.

    Have a a nice martini, Les. Let the haters hate. Let's play some music.
    You bet!

    My favorite is a Hendrick's Gin martini, dry, with olives.

    And of course, shaken, not stirred.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

    Website: http://www.elfxi.com

  15. #35
    Senior Member garrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,015
    Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    It's ok. This isn't really about bananas, despite the title.
    Riiiiiiiiight
    --Garrett--

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    Riiiiiiiiight
    Heh. So...how 'bout a banana?
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

    Website: http://www.elfxi.com

  17. #37
    Occasionally Onery Member CantankerousCarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,012
    1990, 91, 92 & 97 CE24s | 1991 CU24 | 2000 CU22 Semi-Hollow | 2003 & 04 SE EG
    2008 SE Semi-Hollow Soapbar | 2011 CU24 GC Throwback | 2012 Signature Limited
    2013 408 Brazilian | 2013 Paul's Guitar | 2013 HB II | 2013 CU24 Swamp Ash Limited
    2013 CU24 | 2013 XPRS 408 Semi-Hollow | 2014 CU24 Semi-Hollow

  18. #38
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    6,660
    Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    It's ok. This isn't really about bananas, despite the title.
    It's easy to hate. Hate is a base emotion coming from the reptilian part of our brains that the overlords from the fifth dimension need in order to feed on. I try really hard to be a positive dude and starve those bastids living in the spaceship moon, but then somebody buys a blue guitar..... I need a banana.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    It's easy to hate. Hate is a base emotion coming from the reptilian part of our brains that the overlords from the fifth dimension need in order to feed on. I try really hard to be a positive dude and starve those bastids living in the spaceship moon, but then somebody buys a blue guitar..... I need a banana.
    When you see a blue guitar, think white. Have a banana on me!
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

    Website: http://www.elfxi.com

  20. #40
    Senior Member garrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,015
    Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Heh. So...how 'bout a banana?
    I only eat hand-crafted American bananas.
    --Garrett--

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •