Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Signed or Not Signed?

Hi all,
    I tried something a little different when I met Mark Tremonti at a Wildwood Music Meet and Greet on May 19. I was to nervous to bring my three Tremonti Signatures for signing, so my wife took a great picture with me with the three beasts and I asked Mark to sign that photo (see below). If there is a future Meet and Greet, I will bring the Tremonti II and ask for a back of the headstock signature. Mark had a PRS rep with him who brought nice 8x10 photos of Mark for his signature and a lot of blackplates that Mark signed. He signed so much I am surprised he could play that same night in Denver on the Creed tour.
    I also did something different in that I brought each of the PRS Tremonti instruction cards. You know the little white card that shows where the volume and tone controls are. I asked Mark to sign all three (see below). After he signed the 2nd one he stopped, looked closer at it and laughed, "So this is how you play one of these things!"

PRS Tremonti Tribal #93,
    PRS Tremonti Signature 2001
    PRS Tremonti II 2010 Grey Black Quilt
    PRS 513 2009 Grey Black Quilt 10 Top
    Ibanez JEM 7DBK, Carvin AE185,Johnson JM150 Millenium Amp

Mark is one of the nicest and most down to earth guys you'll ever meet and he's a kick ass player too!

DGT Club Vice President
    I gotta find the picture of Dave signing the back of Browndog's DGT. Never should have sold that one! Nah, glad you're rocking' her!

My goldtop is signed on the head by Dave, on the control cavity cover by Paul and Len Johnson.

mgd

DGTs

Great ideas Pete, looks like you got plenty of bang for your buck that day! haha

I love Mark - he's just a cool guy and always gets back to me when I shoot him questions. He's also a huge amp nerd which rules. I'd also like to give him credit as having the only PRS model thats currently made for heavy tunes
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Also, I LOVED how those Johnson Millenium 212's sounded - I felt like that amp should have put Line6 out of the model game haha.
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Thanks themike, That is amazing that you can shoot Mark amp questions. He was thrilled that he had just got the Bludodrive (I think that's the name) and was using it in his Creed rig. I think I remember that the amp was made in Denver. He also held his own when talking to the Wildwood Music store owner who has a long history in the business. It was impressive to hear.
    Glad you loved the Millenium. My only quibble with them is that they break up and get pretty muddy at higher volumes. Mark says he doesn't use his much any more to warm up as he likes to play through a tube amp to warm up. He said it makes the transition from practice to concert easier by sticking with tubes. Understandable
    PRS Tremonti Tribal #93,

And Shawn, maybe we should start a thread about getting sigs from our favorite PRS personnel. When I wrote to PRS about how cool the PRS-sponsored Tremonti Meet and Greet was, I received the following reply from Matt King. If you and Matt could sign a Private Stock Tremonti I will be the first bidder.
    Hi Pete,

Thank you for writing PRS Guitars and for the great feedback. It is really nice to hear what a great time and experience you had at the meet and greet. Mark is not only a talented artist but a great person. We are honored to have him help represent our company and he has done so with great pride and enthusiasm from the beginning. I have had the pleasure of working with Mark a couple times and it amazes me how down to earth he can be and completely genuine. Thanks again for sharing your experience and I will pass along your email so others here can read about the event. Thank you for your continued support of PRS Guitars.

Best Regards,

Matt King
    Customer Relations
    Paul Reed Smith Guitars
    380 Log Canoe Circle
    Stevensville, MD 21666
    410-643-9970
    Sent: Friday, May 25, 2012 5:44 PM
    To: Paul Reed Smith Customer Service
    Subject: Mark Tremonti Meet and Greet, Wildwood Guitars, May 19,2012

Hello,
    Please pass this along to whomever might find benefit from it.
    I wanted to thank you for sponsoring the Mark Tremonti Meet and Greet last Saturday, May 19, at Wildwood Guitars in Louisville, CO. It was a fantastic event and it was great to meet my biggest guitar hero and influence.
    I own three Tremonti Signatures: an original Tremonti from 2001, a Tremonti Tribal (#93), and a current Tremonti with tremolo. I also own a PRS 513. Mark's sound really made an impact on me when I first heard it years ago and I knew that I needed to play what he plays. Each of the three Tremonti models is unique with its own tones, all of which I love. Each has been made with incredible quality, materials, and craftsmanship. I can't imagine playing anything else, even though I own an Ibanez Jem 7DBK and a Carvin AE 185. I always reach for the PRS Tremonti models and then the 513.
    I have never been to a Meet and Greet and didn't know what to expect. I called Wildwood and they were very inviting. Not only did Mark Tremonti come, but also his Creed guitarist Eric Friedman came as well. Mark is an excellent ambassador for both his bands and for PRS. He greeted every fan as warmly as if they were an old friend. He listened with interest to all of us ask what for him must be common questions. He looks you in the eye when he talks to you, is interested in what you say, and is genuinely a great guy. He stayed for the entire two hours even though Creed was playing that night in Denver. He also was willing to sign everything that was put in front of him. It was hard to believe that I could talk to a hugely successful artist one on one and learn from him and share the love of a great guitar and the music he makes with it.
    Also, big thanks for the efforts of the PRS rep who brought Mark and Eric to Wildwood Guitars. He introduced himself as Joe and I wish I got a last name as he really helped to make it a great day. He brought photos of Mark and back plates for Mark to sign. He also managed Mark's time in a way that let all of get plenty of access to him. Joe also showed me a beautiful new PRS P22.
    Thanks again for this great event. You have chosen a great artist in Mark Tremonti. He not only represents PRS well, but also represents that the true measure of a person is how we treat others. Several years ago, I met Nicky Moroch, another one of your PRS artists and he was a great ambassador of PRS. I will continue to look towards PRS as innovators of tone and the best guitar artists.
    Pete Carpenter
    Fort Collins, CO
    PRS Tremonti Tribal #93,

I submit this as an exception to having a guitar signed on the front.

For the Eagles 'Farewell I" tour, they had radio stations give away tickets, like lots of other bands do. But in each city there was one ticket package that was 2nd row center seats and a signed guitar...

I have another exception I'll post as soon as I get a new pic of it uploaded...
    Last edited by rugerpc; 08-03-2012 at 06:15 PM. Reason: moving pics, fixing links
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance, but he's soooo missingpieces over them now!
    Lexicon ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    Signed on the back of the headstock or on the control plate is ok. Never on the front of the body no matter who it is! Front of the headstock is acceptable but not preferred..
    I personally do not like the chore of protecting a signature on an instrument though. I would rather have a different memento signed for posterity in most cases.
    In my youth, I went to a LOT of shows and there was this guy that would bring the same red Ibanez to every show to get signed. He was also missing a leg, so he would use the guitar and the sympathy factor with the crew to meet the bands. The sigs were always removed before the next show would roll around. Funny thing is, 9 times outta 10 if he met who he was after and got a handful of guitar picks, a couple of autographs and a snapshot with Joe Rockstar, he wouldnt even stick around for the show. Never understood the fascination with the artist if you aren't there for the music, what's the point?

Back of headstock cool.

Anywhere else would have to be a guitar that would be a display in a glass case only sorta thing....which I'm not really a fan of because guitars need to played. But, if you had a sig guitar from your favorite artist and had a nice display set up that commemorates them, far be it from me to tell you where to have it signed. If it was for that purpose, you'd want it visible.

back of the headstock or the back of the body would be cool.

HFS Lover
    I have a control cavity cover signed by Bonni Lloyd for my Bonni Pink Cu24. I keep it in the case though. I would put it on the guitar if I knew it wouldn't wear off.

Pic doesn't show the top of the guitar well:

This is better shot of the guitar (Thanks Eric!):

I now have two signed guitars, both DGTs. One is signed on the back of the headstock by PRSh and david Grissom. The other is signed by Phil Keaggy, also on the back of the headstock.

Large Member
    Signing on the front of the guitar is kinda low-rent.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilmo View Post
    Signing on the front of the guitar is kinda low-rent.
    I have a white SE singlecut that is signed on the front by Howard Leese. It was an auction guitar in '09. $1K went to Hopkins Hospital.

Last year, Paul auctioned off a guitar signed by every employee at PRS and all of the artists who attended the Experience. It had signatures over its entire surface. I had to drop out of the bidding at $3K. That money also went to Hopkins...

Just sayin' that there are always exceptions.
    Last edited by rugerpc; 07-12-2012 at 11:40 AM.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance, but he's soooo missingpieces over them now!

And it's in Sharpie!!!!!

PRS Guitars Endorsee....White and Relic'd Ones !

One of the Hopkins auction guitars from 09

Last edited by rugerpc; 08-03-2012 at 06:17 PM. Reason: moving pics, fixing links
    Thbbbbbt...

Playin' PRS since 1985 abluesman2's Avatar
    Back of headstock is cool. I have a few signatures of Paul and one of Ted McCarty on Control cavity cover. Just a little clearcoat on top and they are there forever!

It's okay if Paul Miles signs the back of the headstock also ...
    Bill

PRS Private Stock #3568
    PRS Swamp Ash Special
    Mesa Mark V combo
    Fishman Loudbox Artist

no painting on my guitars - from nobody!
    Bavarian Barbarian