Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: for One to soar...

for One to soar...

...it must have wings.

How cool is THAT??!! Right, yeah...pretty darned tootin' sweet. That's what I said, too.

It did require new screw holes, which I will eventually fill but they went in like a dream and I really dig 'em. Sort of like handing down family heirloom antiques...the SE One should feel more like an important member of the family (it always was, it just needed a reminder).

Last edited by Boogie; 07-24-2014 at 01:21 PM.
    + '01 Custom 24 + '11 DGT Standard (Mr. Clean) + '09 SE One + Super Dallas + Stealth 2x12+

Personally, I love the wings! Nice mod!
    '14 P24 Trem AP / '11 Artist V / '01 Cu24 10-Top / '65 Fender Mustang / '78 Fender Stratocaster / '96 Gibson Les Paul Custom / '80 Gibson E/2 / '08 Gibson Les Paul Studio Ltd. / '95 Rickenbacker 360/12 / '90 Steinberger GL4T / '72 Martin D-35 / '73 Martin D-18 / Hernandez Classical / Marshall JCM2000 TSL 100 Half Stack / Mesa Rect-O-Verb 50 / Fender Twin / Marshall AS100D

Yeah! I love the wingies!
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

Pretty sweet, Boogie man.
    One Life

Nice One!
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

still my favorite tuners...at least in terms of string changes.
    -Bob

I love mine too...

~ Matt

PRS Custom 22 | PRS Stripped 58 | Jackson Soloist XL | HXDA Head and 2x12 Stealth Cab

Pretty bitchin

Nice touch!

Hell yes!

I am also a big fan of the winged tuners

Great idea! Nice Vintage touch!

I just got my first PRS less than a week ago (95 CE24) and it's got those tuners. It took me a minute or two to figure them out when I was taking the strings off, but they really are both fantastic and easy to use.

Despite some of their meager shortcomings, the winged tuners were one of the innovations that attracted me to PRS in the beginning. While I understand why they've been replaced, they are still cool and charming all at the same time. Just imagine if all SEs suddenly were equipped with a winged tuner reissue. :0
    + '01 Custom 24 + '11 DGT Standard (Mr. Clean) + '09 SE One + Super Dallas + Stealth 2x12+

Kerrie,
    You always soar, my man!
    Sh*tter's full

I was severely impressed Herr Squid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie View Post
    Despite some of their meager shortcomings, the winged tuners were one of the innovations that attracted me to PRS in the beginning. While I understand why they've been replaced, they are still cool and charming all at the same time. Just imagine if all SEs suddenly were equipped with a winged tuner reissue. :0
    I keep saying winged phase 3s would be the best tuner ever!!

F@ck do I love wings!... When/if the patent expires Imma sell my car and buy it and spend the rest of my days in a crappy shack behind Markie's shop making them and legally prosecuting anyone who says anything bad about 'em... Wait, Imma marry them in a polygamist ceremony atop Mount Shasta.... No, make that a destination wedding in Cancun instead. You ever see that movie "Her"? I have a spare box of wings that I share my life's finer moments with and I refuse to rock a trem equipped guitar without them.

Wings,wings,wings,wings,wings!

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie View Post
    Man, I'd have to buy a lot of winged tuners to keep up

Quote Originally Posted by 11top View Post
    Kerrie,
    You always soar, my man!
    You are such the charmer, Steve. Thanks. Or is that Markie? Can't tell you two apart anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Squid View Post
    I keep saying winged phase 3s would be the best tuner ever!!
    Hell yeah! Like most great things in life, PRS perfected the wings in 2001, IMO, then discontinued it.

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    F@ck do I love wings!... When/if the patent expires Imma sell my car and buy it and spend the rest of my days in a crappy shack behind Markie's shop making them and legally prosecuting anyone who says anything bad about 'em... Wait, Imma marry them in a polygamist ceremony atop Mount Shasta.... No, make that a destination wedding in Cancun instead. You ever see that movie "Her"? I have a spare box of wings that I share my life's finer moments with and I refuse to rock a trem equipped guitar without them.

Wings,wings,wings,wings,wings!
    Mind if we tag team your winged bride? I totally get it.
    Last edited by Boogie; 07-25-2014 at 08:44 PM.