Thread: Bridge Tarnishing?

Bridge Tarnishing?

I got a PRS Cu24 (USA) a few months ago, and now the nickel on the bridge is tarnishing where my palm rests on it from palm muting. It's taking the 'shininess' away, and has a bluish/greyish swirl to it - hard to explain. I don't have pics at the moment. Ever since I bought it I've wiped the bridge down every time I played, but it's not helping. Infact the more I play it, the tarnishing seems to be spreading to the saddles.

I realize it's probably due to the chemical composition of my skin and sweat, but is there anything I can do to polish the guitar to get the shine back? I don't mind a guitar looking used, but I'd rather it not look used so fast.
    2013 PRS Custom 24 - Charcoal Burst Quilt - 57/08
    Ibanez SR650 Poplar Burl 4 string bass
    Carvin Cobalt Acoustic
    Douglas 7 String

There is a recommendation here:

http://www.prsguitars.com/csc/care.html

The nickel hardware tarnishes more easily than chrome. I think it looks better (more traditional) and PRS believes you get a better sound with it. But the tarnish polishes out easily.

I've found that Flitz metal polish also works well for this purpose. It's a German product, but widely available.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

Currently using Flitz. A little bit goes a long way, and it does a good job restoring all metal guitar parts.

Blue Magic. Some dudes from Stephensville told me about this gunk many moons ago.
    Sh*tter's full

Sweet - thanks guys
    2013 PRS Custom 24 - Charcoal Burst Quilt - 57/08
    Ibanez SR650 Poplar Burl 4 string bass
    Carvin Cobalt Acoustic
    Douglas 7 String

Me too. Thanks!!!!

Nickel hardware is where it's at. Chrome hardware only really looks right on $250 Chinese made guitars... no idea why Gibson USA would use it, but it's tacky.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana