I was thinking about GAS, and realized that as with other psychological events, there are...
The Six Stages Of Guitar Ownership:
- Disbelief - You can’t believe how cool this guitar is, and you MUST have it.
- Honeymoon - Is this the most incredible, amazing guitar you’ve ever owned, or what?
- Guilt - Uh oh, the bill came. You shouldn’t have bought it and you’re a bad person.
- Acceptance - it’s Your #1 - Oh yeah, it’s a great axe.
- Indifference - Just A Guitar - It’s your gigging guitar. It could use a polishing up.
- Negotiation - eBay.
NOTE: It has come to this writer's attention that some folks are taking this satirical post intended to poke fun at our guitar culture as though I am being serious.
Hey! Wake up! It's supposed to be lighthearted satire!