Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JAMUP Pro - Miami Vice Crockett's Theme Lead

JAMUP Pro - Miami Vice Crockett's Theme Lead

There are no interfaces yet I believe to hook up a guitar to an Android phone, and then to your PC or a laptop and speakers.
    I am seriously thinking of getting the latest iPad as I see there are tons of apps for it to use with guitar.
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/id45470...e-a2b08bfbe642

Here is a video that just came up an hour ago on YouTube.

I take it all you need is the interface cable from Amazon they link too, and the iPad, and a set of studio monitor speakers, or plug the iPad into a PC or Laptop and use its speakers?
    http://www.amazon.com/Positive-Grid-.../dp/B005IDWPJ8

I take it you can also bypass a set of studio monitor speakers and just run the audio out from an iPad directly into a guitar amps clean channel?
    Or best to use it with studio monitors?

Another reason I am thinking of getting an iPad is my Amazon Kindle Fire first gen is getting old, and since Photobucket did an update a year ago, Kindle Fires do not show Photobucket pics when surfing forums anymore.
    Takes the fun out of surfing here when some of you use Photobucket to host your pics.

I just finally replaced my original iPad with an iPad Air. I really like the lighter weight and thin profile. Downside is that since it's so much thinner than standard iPad, there are quite a few accessories that don't work with it yet. I was looking at mounting brackets to attach to a mic stand and the first couple I looked at didn't have options for the Air yet. Since it's so much thinner it won't work in the existing models. The Air also does have the Retina display, so really it comes down to size/weight as the differentiator.

If it works for all versions of the iPad up through 4, then I'm sure it will work on the iPad Air. There are a lot of other guitar/audio interfaces that will also work with this and most software. I know the Apogee Jam will work with JamUp and Bias as well as any other app that I've tried. 16Gb on the iPad 4 may not be enough memory if you want to get a lot of apps or record much music on your iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by dsenoj View Post
    If it works for all versions of the iPad up through 4, then I'm sure it will work on the iPad Air. There are a lot of other guitar/audio interfaces that will also work with this and most software. I know the Apogee Jam will work with JamUp and Bias as well as any other app that I've tried. 16Gb on the iPad 4 may not be enough memory if you want to get a lot of apps or record much music on your iPad.
    Yeah the audio adapter type accessories, along with any blue tooth items should all be fine. It's the cases/mounting type accessories that aren't all updated for new thinner format. So you could use an adapter to record without issues, but if you wanted to play along to what you recorded in a live situation, with iPad mounted on stage, that's where I'm stuck at moment. I really haven't looked thoroughly at options, just saw the one that the Apple store had when I was there didn't support the Air with the manufacturer's site stating "we're working on an Air version" but no ETA on it.

Thanks, and I got my answer over there.
    "Yes, this will work with the newer iPad Air. Since it works through the headphone jack and not the lightning port it will work on any ios device that runs JamUp."
    I was under the assumption it was going to use the wide plug interface like I have on the bottom of my two iPods, but it uses the headphone jack.
    About six guys or so answered the question over at Amazon.
    And, one guy said the $20 interface is OK for home use, but if you use this at a live gig, it is better to get a $100 adapter called the Sonic Port.
    Line 6 Sonic Port Pro-Quality Guitar System for iPod touchr, iPhoner and iPadr w/ Cable
    "Yes it will. However let me tell you that you get what you pay for. It will work and it's good for just practice play with headphones. It's cheap made so you have to be careful. If you want to use with live play I highly recommend the 100.00 sonic port. Available at guitar center and other places. May be on amazon as well. Great product and durable."
    I think for now I will try the $20 one.
    Going to order it and the iPad Air now, and do some research on a case for the iPad later.

Tracking info says my new iPad Air was delivered today... Can't wait to load up JamUp and BIAS and get going!

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuitars View Post
    Tracking info says my new iPad Air was delivered today... Can't wait to load up JamUp and BIAS and get going!
    Cool!
    I picked out a case
    http://www.amazon.com/MoKo-Apple-iPa...=ipad+air+case
    it and the guitar jam interface will be here Thursday, but the iPad Air is out of stock, and it will be in Friday, so I should have it Tuesday of next week.
    I know nothing of the Mac interface, and the only reason I am getting this is for the guitar interfacing and the fact my Kindle Fire is an antique now and not fun to use anymore.

JamUp & BIAS are marked down right now from $20 to $5. I'll be downloading tonight!

p.s. I want a case with a built in backlit keyboard.

Even though the case above has already shipped along with the guitar interface, a guy at work has this case/keyboard here, so I just ordered it too.
    ZAGG Folio Case with Backlit Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad Air-Black
    Good reviews, you can change the color of the backlit keys too.
    There are cheaper keyboards out there, but this is suppose to be a very good one for the iPad Air.

How long will the apps be on sale?
    Can I download them to my PC via iTunes and store them until the iPad comes, or can the apps stay in a Cloud too?
    I do not use iTunes anymore to buy, I get my MP3s from Amazon, but iTunes imports them into it during the Amazon download.
    I do not think I have an Apple cloud with iTunes, I could be wrong.

Ola rules.
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyT View Post
    Even though the case above has already shipped along with the guitar interface, a guy at work has this case/keyboard here, so I just ordered it too.
    ZAGG Folio Case with Backlit Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad Air-Black
    Good reviews, you can change the color of the backlit keys too.
    There are cheaper keyboards out there, but this is suppose to be a very good one for the iPad Air.

How long will the apps be on sale?
    Can I download them to my PC via iTunes and store them until the iPad comes, or can the apps stay in a Cloud too?
    I do not use iTunes anymore to buy, I get my MP3s from Amazon, but iTunes imports them into it during the Amazon download.
    I do not think I have an Apple cloud with iTunes, I could be wrong.
    If you already have the iTunes account you'll use with your new iPad, you should be able to go ahead and purchase and download the apps. You'll be able to copy them to your new iPad when you sync to iTunes.

I hope you guys have as much fun as I do with JamUp and Bias, amazing apps, I got them on sale on Black Friday last year, along with all expansion packs, I'm using an iRig pro BTW, no lag at all!

enjoy! \m/

Quote Originally Posted by dsenoj View Post
    If you already have the iTunes account you'll use with your new iPad, you should be able to go ahead and purchase and download the apps. You'll be able to copy them to your new iPad when you sync to iTunes.
    Thanks, for kicks before I left for work I fired up iTunes on my PC and visited the iTunes store and found the Pro app there, will get it and the Bias one within a few days.

Found this on YouTube on using the app.
    Also I am not a Mac user, so this whole Mac IOS thing is going to be new to me.
    Been using PCs for eons, and Android phones for quite awhile now too.

If anyone knows of some other good training vids for this app, please post them.

Quote Originally Posted by vr6corrado View Post
    I hope you guys have as much fun as I do with JamUp and Bias, amazing apps, I got them on sale on Black Friday last year, along with all expansion packs, I'm using an iRig pro BTW, no lag at all!

enjoy! \m/
    The expansion packs were on sale too ($5) - I wanted to grab the classic and boutique packs, but was having a little trouble figuring out where/how to purchase them from inside the app... I gave up and went to bed. May try again tonight - if I can get the iPad away from my wife!

Most everything is pretty user friendly and self explanatory. Usually when I can't figure something out and search it, ends up being a facepalm moment at how easy it was.

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyT View Post
    Also I am not a Mac user, so this whole Mac IOS thing is going to be new to me.
    Been using PCs for eons, and Android phones for quite awhile now too.
    Remember that Mac OS and iOS are 2 different things. They're getting closer but they're different. I expect you'll find it's fairly close to how your Android phone works but I don't know for sure since I've never used an Android. I find the iPhone and iPad easy to use and I've never used a Mac either.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuitars View Post
    The expansion packs were on sale too ($5) - I wanted to grab the classic and boutique packs, but was having a little trouble figuring out where/how to purchase them from inside the app... I gave up and went to bed. May try again tonight - if I can get the iPad away from my wife!
    Yeah, you need to tap on the shopping cart icon on the lower left

They released three new expansion packs a couple of weeks ago, I grabbed the acoustic and the vintage effects pack last night, the P22 sounds fantastic with the acoustic amp models!