Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: PRS SE Zach myers, which guitar case is the correct one?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    20

    Question PRS SE Zach myers, which guitar case is the correct one?

    hello guys and thanks for accepting me on this forum, may be this is a very dumb question, but
    im about to buy this prs guitar model and i want to buy a guita case for it, looking the gator guitar cases
    i saw the gibson guitar cases and the semi hollow guitar cases, so which one is the correct one for this guitar?
    i saw in the web i guy saying that the SE Zach Myers guitar want a semi hollow and it was a chambered guitar but i see clearly the picture and it is!
    so i hope you can help me and sorry for making this dumb quiestion

    thanks for your time and for any advice you could give me

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    20
    i just got some of the measeures of the guitar
    Body length 17
    Body thinkness - 2 1/8

    Total length 34

    but im still not sure which on of these to cases i the correct one

    http://www.gatorcases.com/p/16204-889/gpe-335-tsa or this one http://www.gatorcases.com/p/16204-499/gpe-lps-tsa
    im at work rigth now so i will do the convetion from inches to mm
    but if you can help i will appreciate it a lot guys

    thanks again for your time

  3. #3
    Super Broski nosidamde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    QC IA/IL
    Posts
    119
    Silly question maybe, but why not just get a PRS hard case for it instead?

    The 2 SE models I've bought in the past have fit into a PRS hard case of some kind, including my MM baritone.
    2014 PRS Mark Tremonti - 2011 PRS "Stripped" 58 - 2007 PRS McCarty Korina Brazilian - 2013 PRS SE MM Baritone - 2014 Archon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~2012 ESP Eclipse II - 2002 Gibson SG Special Faded - 2012 Taylor 414CE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  4. #4
    Guitar Geezer
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Fallston, MD
    Posts
    45
    My PRS hollowbody measures 1-1/2" at the body so that may be a bit sloppy for the ZM.

    Maybe shoot Shawn @ PRS an email and ask his advise.

    Jim
    PRS HBS
    PRS SE EG 'Snowy'

  5. #5
    Senior Member Chris528's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    738
    The ZM is thick and won't fit in a regular PRS single cut case
    "BADASS MODDED" SE SEMI-HOLLOW W/BIGSBY
    SE ZACH MYERS, SE TREMONTI, SE20 COMBO

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    20
    to be honest with you guys i didnt know that PRS has a guitar cases of their own brand, that new for me

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyT View Post
    The ZM and SE Tremonti Custom are both too thick for even the rectangular PRS hardshell cases.
    That is why I went with the SKB flight case for those two guitars.
    CoreyT wich specific SKB flight model did you have for your PRS SE ZM guitar? is this the one you have
    http://www.guitarcenter.com/SKB-Inje...94-i1523927.gc

  9. #9
    PRS Addiction CoreyT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Auburn, WA. USA
    Posts
    2,884
    Here is the thread for the Tremonti, same case I bought again for the ZM.
    Got mine from Sweetwater.
    http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/3i4214PRS

    Both of my cases are the older ones with black interior, they have since switched over to the gray.
    I bought my second case via Amazon and their pics showed it light gray interior, but the one I received was black like the one I got from Sweetwater.
    I was not concerned enough to send it back, but I do like the light gray better.
    http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthre...remonti-Custom

    The problem with the PRS hardshell rectangular case is it is not deep enough, and you can see by my pics that the SKB is deeper, thus letting the guitar lay perfectly flat.
    I am not sure if the one from Guitar Center is the same one, I would get the same part number of the ones I have to assure a perfect fit.
    If you prefer Amazon, here is the URL.
    http://www.amazon.com/SKB-Injection-...KB+3i-4214-PRS



    I do not have any pics of my ZM in the same case, but it fits great, just like the Tremonti.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    20
    Corey T thanks for your advice you just solve my problem i will get my SKB guitar case to take care of my guitar.

  11. #11
    PRS Addiction CoreyT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Auburn, WA. USA
    Posts
    2,884
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzyguy View Post
    Corey T thanks for your advice you just solve my problem i will get my SKB guitar case to take care of my guitar.
    You are welcome.
    They are kind of pricy, bu then guitars are such fragile instruments, and I do not mind paying for peace of mind..
    Plus these cases have wheels on them and you can pull them

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyT View Post
    Here is the thread for the Tremonti, same case I bought again for the ZM.
    Got mine from Sweetwater.
    http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/3i4214PRS

    Both of my cases are the older ones with black interior, they have since switched over to the gray.
    I bought my second case via Amazon and their pics showed it light gray interior, but the one I received was black like the one I got from Sweetwater.
    I was not concerned enough to send it back, but I do like the light gray better.
    http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthre...remonti-Custom

    The problem with the PRS hardshell rectangular case is it is not deep enough, and you can see by my pics that the SKB is deeper, thus letting the guitar lay perfectly flat.
    I am not sure if the one from Guitar Center is the same one, I would get the same part number of the ones I have to assure a perfect fit.
    If you prefer Amazon, here is the URL.
    http://www.amazon.com/SKB-Injection-...KB+3i-4214-PRS



    I do not have any pics of my ZM in the same case, but it fits great, just like the Tremonti.

    So you opted for the PRS SKB flightcase rather than the Les Paul SKB flightcase?

  13. #13
    PRS Addiction CoreyT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Auburn, WA. USA
    Posts
    2,884
    Quote Originally Posted by aznhobo View Post
    So you opted for the PRS SKB flightcase rather than the Les Paul SKB flightcase?
    Yes, I believe most of PRS's shapes will fit this case.
    Both the singlecut SE Tremonti Custom and Zach Myers fit nice and tight, level, and no movement.

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyT View Post
    Yes, I believe most of PRS's shapes will fit this case.
    Both the singlecut SE Tremonti Custom and Zach Myers fit nice and tight, level, and no movement.
    I currently have a USA Tremonti and a Sunburst 245, and I'm thinking about getting the ZM. Should I get the PRS case or the Les Paul case (both SKB)? I want a case that will fit all three, but not compromise on snugness. Both cases are advertised to fit PRS singlecut styles on SKB'a product description pages.

  15. #15

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyT View Post
    Get the PRS one I have.
    This SKB case also fits my SEs Santana, Custom 24, and my 408.
    It is made to fit most PRS shapes regardless of single or double cut.
    no movement huh? sounds good

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    70

  18. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Texquin View Post
    is that a PRS, SKB oo Gator case?

  19. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    20
    and another question wich model is your case Texquin? its pretty nice that case!

  20. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    20
    i guess i wont be answer, to me it seems like a gator case but who knows

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •