Thread: PRS S2 Singecut

PRS S2 Singecut

Does anyone own or have played this guitar? What do you think of it? Would it be better to go for the SE 245 w/ upgraded pickups? How does this compare to the SE 245 overall and to the core singlecut line?

Thanks

I really liked the S2 I played. I think it's a better guitar and worth the cost. I also personally like the longer scale and neck of the S2.

Have you seen the S2 SC Semi-hollow? Hubba Hubba.

I own one antique white. I really like it. Had an SE245 in the family. I prefer the 25" scale. I like the ability to tap coils and the locking tuners. Also the bridge does not sit a mile off the body like most SE models do. The pick ups are fine but I am seriously thinking of installing the new \m/ pick ups in it. I just like the clarity of ceramic pups especially in neck pup. Does the guitar need a pup change. no just what I was considering being this does not cost near as much as a core model.
    2010 Taylor 816CE
    2014 S2 Singlecut Antique White with PRS \m/ pickups!

Quote Originally Posted by leeasam View Post
    I own one antique white. I really like it. Had an SE245 in the family. I prefer the 25" scale. I like the ability to tap coils and the locking tuners. Also the bridge does not sit a mile off the body like most SE models do. The pick ups are fine but I am seriously thinking of installing the new \m/ pick ups in it. I just like the clarity of ceramic pups especially in neck pup. Does the guitar need a pup change. no just what I was considering being this does not cost near as much as a core model.
    Glad to year you're liking it! I may pull the trigger and get one. Unfortunately no stores in the area carry an S2 and the closest model I could get my hands on is the Se 245. I'm hesitant because I'm buying blind and just wanted a some input beforehand.

I went through Sweetwater and they do have a refund policy if you don`t like it. Ya hard to find many stores with them. Even the shop I go to carries a ton of core models but do not plan on carrying new S2 models as of now. I love the feel on the S2 singlecut. I can swear the neck feels a bit beefier more like the Se245 than my P22 which has the same profile according to specs. I think the guitar has a more acoustic ring and sustain to it also than the SE. Just as good as my P22 if not better. Actually liking playing my S2 more than the P22 lately.
    2010 Taylor 816CE

I went through Sweetwater and they do have a refund policy if you don`t like it. Ya hard to find many stores with them. Even the shop I go to carries a ton of core models but do not plan on carrying new S2 models as of now. I love the feel on the S2 singlecut. I can swear the neck feels a bit beefier more like the Se245 than my P22 which has the same profile according to specs. I think the guitar has a more acoustic ring and sustain to it also than the SE. Just as good as my P22 if not better. Actually liking playing my S2 more than the P22 lately.
    I haven't messed around with pickups on a guitar much, but do you think it'd be hard to swap to 59/09 pickups?

I might go with black white, or dark cherry. I don't think any of the burst finishes are that great.

Quote Originally Posted by imjoni View Post
    I haven't messed around with pickups on a guitar much, but do you think it'd be hard to swap to 59/09 pickups?

I might go with black white, or dark cherry. I don't think any of the burst finishes are that great.
    I got the antique white. Love it! the 59/09s will work but you may want a tech at a shop install them and solder them in. I am thinking of putting the PRS \m/ pick ups in mine eventually.
    2010 Taylor 816CE

I got the antique white. Love it! the 59/09s will work but you may want a tech at a shop install them and solder them in. I am thinking of putting the PRS \m/ pick ups in mine eventually.
    How white is the antique white? In this vid it looks very creamy white.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeTrZyTNP8Q

ok here goes..just bought a prs s2 single cut.dark cherry sunburst..the built on this guitar was spot on.has the best flame i have seen on one of these..this is a major up grade over a se 245 ..and the marsden that i own..i bought a s2 custom 24 a while back.wasn/t my type of guitar.sold it..i was a little unsure about buying another s2..glad i did love it..two thumbs up prs.this one a keeper..

this was the photo of my guitar from Sweet Water
    2010 Taylor 816CE

Antique white (?) Is soooo classy...
    "There are chords in the hearts of the most reckless which cannot be touched without emotion.."
    -Poe

Quote Originally Posted by howard52 View Post
    ok here goes..just bought a prs s2 single cut.dark cherry sunburst..the built on this guitar was spot on.has the best flame i have seen on one of these..this is a major up grade over a se 245 ..and the marsden that i own..i bought a s2 custom 24 a while back.wasn/t my type of guitar.sold it..i was a little unsure about buying another s2..glad i did love it..two thumbs up prs.this one a keeper..
    Sounds like you're a singlecut kind of person! Post some pics!
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

I tried to can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.