Thread: How exactly are an SC 245 and an SC 58 different?

How exactly are an SC 245 and an SC 58 different?

Hey fellas,
    I've been reading up all I could about these SC models and still can't exactly figure out what the differences are.

I mean, how different is a SC 245 with 2-piece bridge and 57/08's and a SC 58 with 2-piece bridge and 57/08's, let alone the various 10 top and Artist Grade tops?

Thanks for any input!

Cheers,

Z

P.S. Is an "SC 245 Artist '13" referring to the Artist Grade top or is that only for SC 58's?

SC58 has a 2pc bridge...........

I think it is referring to an "Artist Grade" top.
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

Quote Originally Posted by zurdyo View Post
    I mean, how different is a SC 245 with 2-piece bridge and 57/08's and a SC 58 with 2-piece bridge and 57/08's, let alone the various 10 top and Artist Grade tops?
    SC58 and current SC245 -- The SC58 was PRS' first Singlecut with the 2 piece bridge that's also on the SC245 now. It had a bound fingerboard that has gone away and come back again. The 58 has an artist grade top standard.

However, the SC245 is available in an artist package with the same Artist top.

So an SC58 is very much the same thing as an SC245 Artist. I think the SC58 came with a paisley case instead of an Artist case. Not much difference between the two cases.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

Is the SC58 solid body and the SC245 weight relieved?
    Jock

Quote Originally Posted by Jock68 View Post
    Is the SC58 solid body and the SC245 weight relieved?
    Jock
    Not the current ones...
    PS Starla (burnt orange smokeburst), Starla (vintage cherry, IRW neck, birds), HBII (faded gray black 'double' 10-top), HB12 (black gold), NF3 (antique white/birds), 25th ann. Mira 245 (frost blue metallic), KL1812, 2011 'Stripped' 58 (goldtop)