Thread: SE Angelus Review in Acoustic Guitar

SE Angelus Review in Acoustic Guitar

http://www.acousticguitar.com/articl...rticleid=27599

complete with video...check it out

"If the sound and playability of our review guitar is any indication, itís definitely time to stop referring to PRS as an electric guitar maker. "

God, I can't wait for the electric/acoustic version. Seriously....cannot.....wait.
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Had an electric/acoustic on order since early feb.. no sign of them yet i'd imagine...

Quote Originally Posted by acidreign1026 View Post
    Had an electric/acoustic on order since early feb.. no sign of them yet i'd imagine...
    Musicians Friend now has them up for pre-order. I called and they said that they ship out in late September
    SFL Onstage - My New Publication SFL Onstage 'Like' us on Facebook
    PRS McCarty Hollowbody, PRS Custom 24
    Mesa/Boogie Rectifier -> Rectifier Cabs -> Boss Tuner -> Modded Tremonti Wah -> DOD Gonkulator -> T-Rex Tremonti Phase Shifter -> Boss Digital Delay -> EHX POG -> eBow

No love for the Custom? She's the one I have been thinking about getting... no need to wait for the electric version, since I usually mic my acoustics.

Either way, it's good to see PRS getting props for this fantastic guitar!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldwyn View Post
    No love for the Custom? She's the one I have been thinking about getting... no need to wait for the electric version, since I usually mic my acoustics.

Either way, it's good to see PRS getting props for this fantastic guitar!
    I dont really keep any good mics and preamps at the home studio, so the electronic set up just seems worth waiting for for myself personally. If I had access to them at home though I'd have no problem getting the Custom.
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

I do have a need for a Piezo, as i dont like the setup where I play. the mics are crappy, and I don't like plugging directly into the PA. I have a midrange martin electric/acoustic, but some of the songs I like to play are in open E and D, I love the way the plugged in Martin sounds in the open tunings, and I'd like to have the PRS as an all around other style guitar. I have a few different american made guitars. Theyre all nice, play well and have specific sounds i like to use, but I always find myself gravitating toward my modern eagle II. It's simply superior in all ways to my ear and touch. I'm hoping I feel the same about the angelus! so I'll wait patiently. It's not like I dont have anything else to play, after all.

P.S. I ordered the custom as well. I talked to my dealer a while back and he was saying that his rep told him that they couldnt get the pickups made, which is why the elec/acoust was delayed so long. Not sure how accurate this is, but it makes enough sense to me.
    Last edited by acidreign1026; 06-19-2012 at 01:53 PM.