Thread: PRS Case or Other Brand?

Occasionally Onery Member CantankerousCarl's Avatar

PRS Case or Other Brand?

To protect a caseless CU24, would you choose the $200 PRS multi-fit case, or is there another good option for the same price (or even cheaper)?
    1990 CE24 MT | 1991 CU24 | 1991 CE24 | 1992 CE24 MT
    1993 STD 24 | 1997 CE24 3pc MT | 2008 SE Semi-Hollow Soapbar
    2011 SE Akesson | 2011 CU24 GC Throwback | 2012 Signature Limited
    2013 408 Brazilian | 2013 Paul's Guitar | 2013 S2 Mira | 2013 Hollowbody II
    2013 CU24 Swamp Ash Limited | 2014 SE Zach Myers (incoming)

PRS Case..............
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

I had that situation last year, and got a multi-fit. BUT...I also got an Incase gig bag that worked really well. Best gig bag I've ever used.

Then of course, I sold the guitar, and the gig bag. LOL. Well that's me, too much of the buying/selling.

But I kept the multi-fit!

Well, as one that flies intercontinentally a bit for trade shows and such, I would never in my life check in a wood-based case.
    It's either carry-on in gigbag (and then with companies I have experience with), or recently for trips to the far east,
    I've gotten the new SKB PRS iCase which is just SICK, military grade, flight locks, water and dust-proof, unbreakable plastic (or the next thing to it).
    Plus, it is every bit as custom fitted to a PRS as are the actual PRS-cases, just way more roadworthy, worth every penny!
    http://www.skbcases.com/music/produc...et=1&c=75&s=75

-Richard Lainegard-
    RichardLainegard.com

I find the PRS rectangular cases are too bulky so I bought a Mayer Strat Incase gig bag for my McCartys. They fit the prsi very well and have a sturdy build. When I had an SC245, I used a historic LP case for the same reason.
    My ears are ringing.

10 o' Clubs & GC SalesRep OsirisProtocol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lainegard View Post
    Well, as one that flies intercontinentally a bit for trade shows and such, I would never in my life check in a wood-based case.
    It's either carry-on in gigbag (and then with companies I have experience with), or recently for trips to the far east,
    I've gotten the new SKB PRS iCase which is just SICK, military grade, flight locks, water and dust-proof, unbreakable plastic (or the next thing to it).
    Plus, it is every bit as custom fitted to a PRS as are the actual PRS-cases, just way more roadworthy, worth every penny!

I'm with Richard here. I've been using SKB flight cases for ages and I wouldn't fly my guitars without one. Great case design and very good fit. As for a gigbag alternative lighter traveling I would go with a Mono M80 case. I have their Dual M80 case which I use for local gigs and I love it too bits. Great protection and light weight.
    -Denny
    BAM Survivor

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lainegard View Post

Maybe overkill for everyday use, but that looks awesome for the road. Just great!