Thread: 1995 McCarty Goldtop Info

1995 McCarty Goldtop Info

I am trying to get info on a 1995 McCarty Goldtop that I have. It has some interesting remarks under the PUPs. Please take a look and tell me what you all think. I was a former BAM member and have a similar thread over there at vintage rocker.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/80826991@N04/

Thanks.
    Mark

Large Member
    $1195 is a great price for a '95 McGoldie. Cool guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilmo View Post
    $1195 is a great price for a '95 McGoldie. Cool guitar.
    1195 is not a selling price but my mistake trying to put 1995 as a year as I already have the guitar...just looking for info. Cannot edit title.

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    If Mike hasn't already paid, I will take this guitar for that price! I might even consider going to $1200...
    -Jon

"I'm a sinner and I hope I never change"

Beautiful guitar!!! I have a feeling there is a little back story about that guitar somewhere in the factory....
    Last edited by themike; 06-20-2012 at 05:46 PM.
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Again, Sorry for the confusion but I own this guitar...for about 2 years now. Just trying to get some info. Moderators please change title to read 1995 not 1195...this is not a FS thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mdeeds71 View Post
    Moderators please change title to read 1995 not 1195...this is not a FS thread.
    Wish granted.
    One Life

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    For the record, we were just funnin' with ya... Sorry if your feathers got ruffled...

I am trying to get info on a 1995 McCarty Goldtop that I have. It has some interesting remarks under the PUPs. Please take a look and tell me what you all think. I was a former BAM member and have a similar thread over there at vintage rocker.

Thanks.
    Mark
    I'm probably stating the obvious here (if so, my apologies), but have you sent these pics and your inquiry to the factory? They could probably help out in a hurry.

Goldtop
    'And the answer is... none. None more Gold.'

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful Sinner View Post
    For the record, we were just funnin' with ya... Sorry if your feathers got ruffled...
    No issues...just did not want to get kicked off of a forum with 1 posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldtop View Post
    I'm probably stating the obvious here (if so, my apologies), but have you sent these pics and your inquiry to the factory? They could probably help out in a hurry.

Goldtop
    I called about 6 months ago. I left a message and never got a call back. Tried to call again, stated they were not the right person for the question...transferred to same number that I was waiting for a call from.

I am trying to get info on a 1995 McCarty Goldtop that I have. It has some interesting remarks under the PUPs. Please take a look and tell me what you all think.
    That appears to be an "Artist Stock" guitar. Congrats!

Too bad the PRS database from those years is dead - would be fun to know which artist it was made for.

No issues...just did not want to get kicked off of a forum with 1 posting.
    You're going to have to work MUCH harder than that to get kicked off this forum.
    Last edited by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ; 06-20-2012 at 08:45 PM.
    One Life

Maybe Joe remembers! haha
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Tried to call Joe...got someone else...he passed the info on and was just told enjoy the guitar by the individual...he is busy. I had been told on BAM that there were only a few of these out there. I have never seen the SB1000 in a cavity before...anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    That appears to be an "Artist Stock" guitar. Congrats!

Too bad the PRS database from those years is dead - would be fun to know which artist it was made for.

You're going to have to work MUCH harder than that to get kicked off this forum.
    On BAM someone mentioned Alex Lifeson from Rush was looking for a McCarty Goldtop from this time frame.....I wish....who knows now that the dbase is gone.

I am thinking of sending it to the PTC to get a once over and tune up....maybe someone might remember it there???

Those markings mean it has horrible undisclosed defects and is basically worthless. You should send it to me immediately for disposal.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

I had been told on BAM that there were only a few of these out there.
    132 as of September 2011.

I have never seen the SB1000 in a cavity before...anyone?
    Nope.
    One Life