Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help finding a distortion pedal

The Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde is a nice sounding and very versatile pedal. It's a two-in-one that has a fantastic version of a tubescreamer, and the other channel does a ton of harder rock tones.

And, I must also now go check out these Tonal Insanity pedals!
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

I don't use dirt pedals, but I listen am fascinated by them and probably spend more time watching reviews of them than anything else. The Bogner pedals interest me. Lots of versatility. I also think the Dual Fusion by Wampler is cool. Maybe try a Fulltone.
    Plank Owner

I honestly think picking pedals is one of the joys of being a guitar player. Matching them up with your amp and guitar(s), deciding on the tone and feel you want, is a lot of fun.

And, relative to the money that we sometimes spend on gear, they're relatively cheap thrills.

I think what often gets overlooked is how a pedal "feels" when you play it, how it responds to your playing, your guitar's controls, etc. It's impossible to get that from a video demo, but it'd sure be nice to see more folks demo a pedal the way Paul demos an amp, messing with the controls while someone else plays, to show the viewer what the pedal can do, and how many variations on its sound there are. More than that, he has the player try different things with the guitar volume, different kinds of songs, etc.

I don't know about the rest of the folks here, but I get very little useful information with most demos.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

I have a few that give really nice tones...The White and Orange from Xotic (RC and BB Preamp) the BB gives sweet Marshall like crunch (IMHO), the Barber Small Fry is a rockin pedal, and I have a Keeley Java boost I put in front of them as a treble booster, and it works wonders...Dist/OD tones are a very subjective thing, so listen to as many as you can.

I have a Wampler HW that is to die for
    Good classic distortion on one side, and
    Sparkly crispy delicious clean crunch ( and OD ) from the OD section
    both stack very nicely
    PM if interested in the HW

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    I honestly think picking pedals is one of the joys of being a guitar player. Matching them up with your amp and guitar(s), deciding on the tone and feel you want, is a lot of fun.

And, relative to the money that we sometimes spend on gear, they're relatively cheap thrills.

I think what often gets overlooked is how a pedal "feels" when you play it, how it responds to your playing, your guitar's controls, etc. It's impossible to get that from a video demo, but it'd sure be nice to see more folks demo a pedal the way Paul demos an amp, messing with the controls while someone else plays, to show the viewer what the pedal can do, and how many variations on its sound there are. More than that, he has the player try different things with the guitar volume, different kinds of songs, etc.

I don't know about the rest of the folks here, but I get very little useful information with most demos.
    All good points.

Quote Originally Posted by prscat33511 View Post
    I have a Wampler HW that is to die for
    Good classic distortion on one side, and
    Sparkly crispy delicious clean crunch ( and OD ) from the OD section
    both stack very nicely
    PM if interested in the HW
    I bet the Hot Wired smokes. I have been impressed with the demos.
    Plank Owner