Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: PRS guitar identification and valuation help please! I'm a know nothing noob...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3

    PRS guitar identification and valuation help please! I'm a know nothing noob...

    My wife's great aunt's husband owns a PRS guitar and has commissioned me to sell it for him (since he's not internet savvy) but I'm a bass player with very limited knowledge of PRS guitars. I know some information about this guitar but not enough to write an accurate description. I also don't know what a reasonable asking price would be.

    Here are some pics:






    I know it's a CE Bolt-on model, has 24 frets, a 5-position rotary switch, the body is made of mahogany, and that he recently had it Plek'd at Mike Lull guitars. It's in 9.5/10 shape and comes in the original HSC.

    What exactly is this guitar and what do you think I could reasonably sell it for?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Occasionally Onery Member CantankerousCarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    780
    That's no moon...that's a SPACE STATION...and it's certainly not a bolt-on CE (no bolts!)

    Looks like a Custom 24 artist package from the photos, which commands a higher value than a CE. Beautiful guitar. Grab the serial # off of the back of the headstock, you can look it up to determine the year:

    http://www.prsguitars.com/csc/year.html
    1990 CE24 MT | 1991 CU24 | 1991 CE24 | 1992 CE24 MT
    1993 STD 24 | 1997 CE24 3pc MT | 2008 SE Semi-Hollow Soapbar
    2011 SE Akesson | 2011 CU24 GC Throwback | 2012 Signature Limited
    2013 408 Brazilian | 2013 Paul's Guitar | 2013 S2 Mira | 2013 Hollowbody II
    2013 CU24 Swamp Ash Limited | 2014 SE Zach Myers

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by CantankerousCarl View Post
    That's no moon...that's a SPACE STATION...and it's certainly not a bolt-on CE (no bolts!)

    Looks like a Custom 24 artist package from the photos, which commands a higher value than a CE. Beautiful guitar. Grab the serial # off of the back of the headstock, you can look it up to determine the year:

    http://www.prsguitars.com/csc/year.html
    You're right - it's a set neck, not a bolt-on.

    The serial number is 6 107487 and it's from 1995. What do you think I could ask for it?

  4. #4
    HFS Lover
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florence, Alabama
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by tonemonkey View Post
    You're right - it's a set neck, not a bolt-on.

    The serial number is 6 107487 and it's from 1995. What do you think I could ask for it?
    Not from 1995, according to your serial number it is a 2006 (I think you were looking at the dates for the CE models, this guitar is NOT a CE24 it is a Cu24... CEs were bolt ons)

  5. #5
    Occasionally Onery Member CantankerousCarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    780
    If it is indeed the artist pack it looks like, I have seen ones from around that year used @ retailers (GC, SA) for mid two's, which may be a little high; many here suggest looking at past auctions on ebay as well.
    1990 CE24 MT | 1991 CU24 | 1991 CE24 | 1992 CE24 MT
    1993 STD 24 | 1997 CE24 3pc MT | 2008 SE Semi-Hollow Soapbar
    2011 SE Akesson | 2011 CU24 GC Throwback | 2012 Signature Limited
    2013 408 Brazilian | 2013 Paul's Guitar | 2013 S2 Mira | 2013 Hollowbody II
    2013 CU24 Swamp Ash Limited | 2014 SE Zach Myers

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3
    Great suggestion about Ebay. I had thought of that but I didn't have the guitar info to do so. Thanks!

  7. #7
    Senior Member AP515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by dantedayjob View Post
    Not from 1995, according to your serial number it is a 2006 (I think you were looking at the dates for the CE models, this guitar is NOT a CE24 it is a Cu24... CEs were bolt ons)
    yep, it's a 2006 Cu24AP. I have a green AP of the same year. The Case is also an Artist case. I would say $2500 to $2700 is fair but I would not sell mine for that. Heck I wouldn't sell mine period. I hope mine is with me when I finally reach room temperature.
    1988 CE24, 1995 CE22, 2000 SC, 2006 Cu24 AP, 2003 Standard, 2006 SC AP, 2007 CuRo22, 2010 Starla Stoptail, 2010 Mira
    2007 SE Soapy 2, 2010 SE 25th Anni Cu24, 2012 SE Bernie, 2013 SE Angelus

    PRS SE50, Mesa Single RectoVerb, Mesa Lonestar, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •