Thread: Appreciation

Appreciation

Dont know if this political or not but just wanted to say how much i appreciate you keep PRS an american company in this global world.
    I de-modded my CU22 soapbar and made a factory spec setup.Im in love again.I very much believe now PRS guitars are perfect as they are.

I guess i am a bit upset working for a former swedish company,now a multinational big corporation with a spanish boss,a dutch security manager that screams and threatens people.Not fun when you are marginalised to only a cost.I guess that is the way it works but pride goes away.
    I de-modded my CU22 soapbar and made a factory spec setup.Im in love again.I very much believe now PRS guitars are perfect as they are.

Occasionally Onery Member CantankerousCarl's Avatar
    As someone who works for long-standing American company who started going global a few years ago, I can attest to the fact that it is very very difficult to do global properly. Maintaining quality, in either product or service, is a constant struggle, with continual course corrections.

To that end, I think that PRS has done an incredible job of maintaining (and improving) the quality of their products, providing a consistently high level of customer service, and successfully globalizing and maintaining quality with the SE line.

Plus, they make some bitchin' guitars...
    1990 CE24 MT | 1991 CU24 | 1991 CE24 | 1992 CE24 MT
    1993 STD 24 | 1997 CE24 3pc MT | 2008 SE Semi-Hollow Soapbar
    2011 SE Akesson | 2011 CU24 GC Throwback | 2012 Signature Limited
    2013 408 Brazilian | 2013 Paul's Guitar | 2013 S2 Mira | 2013 Hollowbody II
    2013 CU24 Swamp Ash Limited | 2014 SE Zach Myers

Yeah,great guitars,a superb and high quality product.This is getting very important for me as a consumer and i know most products is made in low-cost labour countries.Thats why i buy american guitars

Well, I drive a Toyota FJ Cruiser, have driven Toyotas for eons.
    I do buy a lot of made in America stuff too though.

In April I bought a brand new Gibson '61 SG Reissue, and a Carvin V3M amp which is made in CA.

Now the huge company I work for has gone global (hint, aircraft company that starts with a B) and it caused a major delay in getting one of the latest birds off the ground due to parts not fitting correctly.

And today or tomorrow I take possession of my first PRS guitar, but it is made in South Korea, not the USA.
    But I hear the quality is top notch on them, often rivaling American made guitars costing two to three times as much.