Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: PTC Project- '86 Swirl

What an amazing transformation. As a final post, you should show a side-by-side, before and after photo.

Thanks again for sharing, Shawn.

Fantastic!
    One Life

That is the cats meow, beautiful! There should be one anxious customer waiting on the UPS man.

In the event that the original headstock logo is destroyed or removed, are you guys able to replicate the early small signature?
    Last edited by CE-man; 08-20-2012 at 10:16 PM.

Brand. Freaking. New! You guys never cease to amaze me....
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Banned
    That was a fun thread. Very interesting to see the progress as it occurrred. I have sufficient experience with PTC to know personally how great their work can be. thanks for sharing Shawn. My PS #'s 139 and 1669 have benefitted from the PTC magic in past years.

#139 (2000)

#1669 (2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie View Post
    What an amazing transformation. As a final post, you should show a side-by-side, before and after photo.

Thanks again for sharing, Shawn.
    Good Idea!

Last edited by Shawn@PRS; 09-19-2012 at 08:33 AM.

HFS Lover
    Awesome.. incredible job! I also love how just a wee bit of the swirl is left in the truss rod cavity

Quote Originally Posted by dantedayjob View Post
    Awesome.. incredible job! I also love how just a wee bit of the swirl is left in the truss rod cavity
    I thought the same thing, the tiniest indicator of the transformation this guitar has made.

that looks amazing really vibrant, spanking new and I bet it sings after being set up by the best

Hey look, our 1st "Greatest Hit"!

One Life

Quote Originally Posted by dantedayjob View Post
    It's like that one bad tattoo that serves as a reminder.
    Last edited by Shawn@PRS; 08-21-2012 at 06:56 PM.

I stopped the UPS guy on the road about a mile from my house this morning, and there it was. Then I waited until I was done with work before opening the box. This was not as easy as it sounds since it was about 5 feet away from me for about 4 hours. At long last, I just opened it up an I am truly floored. All the little details are just as I remembered them in '86. The guitar looks brand new. As I watched it all come together I was wondering how my old, beat up, magical sounding T and B pickups would look against the newly re-finished shiny yellow body. I don't know how they did it, but even the pickups look new! I have never been so impressed with customer service, workmanship or communication in my life. You guys ROCK!
    Excuse me for now - I think I have to go grab a guitar cable...

I'm glad you're happy with the work Kenny. Thank you for being so easy to work with, you've been very gracious in allowing us to post pics and share this with the rest of the world!
    Now you can pass down the guitar to the neck generation so it can get the living snot played out of it again.

Not 'til I play the hell out of it first!
    Yeah, actually it's so damn perfect right now I'm going to put most of my mileage on my pearl white '87 with birds. (Until I send that one to you - LOL)

Absolutely OUTSTANDING work guys!!!
    "He's kind of like a bear at a campsite...you think he's cute and kind of want to hug him, but in the end you know he's dangerous and is going to stomp on your tent and eat all your food..." - martysnarf

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Wow...that turned out really well. \m/
    Last edited by QueenCityGuitars; 10-02-2012 at 01:05 PM.

Shawn. What happened to the pictures? I get a message that they got deleted from Photobucket. This looks like a great thread and would be great to have the pictures again.
    '96 CE-24 with Bird Inlays - VY | '91 CE-24 (road warrior) - VS | '06 SC Artist - Blue Matteo Satin | '12 Tremonti SE Custom | MESA Roadster

my photobucket account was getting a little cluttered so I rearranged photos into their own "albums", this must have screwed up the posted links. I'll try to go back and recreate the original posts with photos. if that doesn't work, I'll just make a new post in the end with all of the photos.

Banned
    Yup....once you "organize" your photobucket album and move the photos from one location to a new location, all the existing links are broken and you get the "picture moved or deleted" message.

You guys did an absolutely incredible job.
    -Got me thinking about Paul, John Ingram and the others, back in the day.

Great work!
    From the People's Republic of Maryland (One beer away from the West Street Shop)

GO NATS!