Thread: Mini Humbuckers

Mini Humbuckers

Anyone ever drop a set of Minis in a McSoapy? My Korina McSoapy has a set of Zhangbucker P90s in it now, but I've got another guitar with P90s that really epitomizes the "soapbar" sound and am thinking of making a change to broaden the tonal spectrum.

All feedback is welcomed.
    Compared to most of you I suck at guitar, but I'm working real hard and sucking less every day. There, I said it.

Bump.... No One?
    Compared to most of you I suck at guitar, but I'm working real hard and sucking less every day. There, I said it.

Dirty Al has done that with his DGT & maybe his Korina Santana. Good results.
    Chris Reynolds...Nashvegas TN
    CR Guitar Demos
    More guitars than I can afford!
    #1 fan of Doug "DA MAN" Sewell!!

I have seen pictures, it's been done more than once. If I had a McSoapy I'd seriously consider it.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

I put a set of tome short mini hums in my Ted. I tried a few p-90 sets first and finally tried the minis and I am very happy. They have been in it for about a year and it really made the guitar have a voice. The p-90s were always to bright or harsh and the mini humbuckers are very " jangly". Tom winds them to have a filtron vibe and very light potting so you can really hear the wood of the guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie92801 View Post
    I put a set of tome short mini hums in my Ted. I tried a few p-90 sets first and finally tried the minis and I am very happy. They have been in it for about a year and it really made the guitar have a voice. The p-90s were always to bright or harsh and the mini humbuckers are very " jangly". Tom winds them to have a filtron vibe and very light potting so you can really hear the wood of the guitar.

The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana