Thread: Ebony Tuner Button on Phase III Tuners?

Ebony Tuner Button on Phase III Tuners?

Has anyone found an ebony tuner button that fits on the new Phase III tuners yet? If so, please let me know where I can buy them.
    Thanks,
    tfancil

Stewmac!!
    2010 Black cherry 10 Top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti Modded by PTC DGT frets/signed by PRS
    2012 FBJB 10 top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti
    2012 Tremonti CustomSE Grey/Black heavily modded, DGT frets and nut at PTC
    2014 ARCHON

Quote Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
    Stewmac!!
    For Phase III tuners?
    tfancil

this site has the best range of parts I've seen thus, heck they even have real mammoth ivory tuners!
    Can't say for sure that their PRS tuner buttons would fit the Phase III, but the answer should only be a mail away.
    I'm eyeing a set of imitation ivory's myself for my P22. http://www.crazyparts.de/mode/index.php
    -Richard Lainegard-
    RichardLainegard.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lainegard View Post
    this site has the best range of parts I've seen thus, heck they even have real mammoth ivory tuners!
    Can't say for sure that their PRS tuner buttons would fit the Phase III, but the answer should only be a mail away.
    I'm eyeing a set of imitation ivory's myself for my P22. http://www.crazyparts.de/mode/index.php
    Let me know if they fit right when you get them. I've got an IRW P22 that I would like a set of either ebony or rosewood buttons for.
    tfancil

Quote Originally Posted by tfancil View Post
    Let me know if they fit right when you get them. I've got an IRW P22 that I would like a set of either ebony or rosewood buttons for.
    tfancil
    Like me then mate, only I think I'll go for white.
    Have to think about it though, since the axe has mixed hardware, I'm still not sure how white will look.

Anyways, I've shot them a mail, so I'll post their response here when I get it.
    -Richard Lainegard-
    RichardLainegard.com

I'm thinking something along this line:

As opposed to:
    Last edited by Richard Lainegard; 07-10-2012 at 08:08 AM.
    -Richard Lainegard-
    RichardLainegard.com

Got a reply:
    "We plan to do buttons for PRS Phase III tuners, but need still around 2-3 month, since the new tuners made by Gotho insert size must be modified!"
    -Richard Lainegard-
    RichardLainegard.com

They must be available someplace ...

Bill

PRS Private Stock #3568
    PRS Swamp Ash Special
    Mesa Mark V combo
    Fishman Loudbox Artist

Got a reply:
    "We plan to do buttons for PRS Phase III tuners, but need still around 2-3 month, since the new tuners made by Gotho insert size must be modified!"
    I took a mini ebony off of my IRW SCT with Phase II tuners and tried it on my P22 and they were sloppy fitting. Maybe I should buy a set made for Gotho tuners and give them a try?
    tfancil

wilerty: Well, I'm sure you can get any wood you should wish if you ordered a PS =) But in this case, it's upgrading an existing guitar, and as such it doesn't seem one
    can simply buy them from PRS even though they have 'em.
    tfancil: yeah, that might do the trick actually. I won't be able to order mine for a while yet, but I'll definitely look in to the Gotoh's and try to gauge the fit.
    Still nto sure I will even want to replace the gold ones though, they might grow on me fast enough to prevent any replacing =)
    I could always put the McCarty Phase II Ebony's on there, just to see what it would look like
    -Richard Lainegard-
    RichardLainegard.com

I ordered a set of black tuner buttons that are made for Gotoh tuners and they fit great! The larger buttons will be the size of the new aluminum tuner buttons that are on the Phase IIIs and the smaller buttons will look more like the Phase II tuner buttons. Both will work fine a long as they are made for Gotoh tuners.
    tfancil

I'm thinking something along this line:
    Well the headstock posted is from my CU22IRW and I got those buttons from StewMac. They're Schaller style and they fit on my Phase II's. I'd have to see PII and PIII buttons side by side to see if they could be modded to fit (I think I needed to sand the opening of the buttons a bit... it's been a while since I did it and I work on so many guitars I get them mixed up sometimes, but I seem to remember those being just a bit snug.)

Quote Originally Posted by tfancil View Post
    I ordered a set of black tuner buttons that are made for Gotoh tuners and they fit great! The larger buttons will be the size of the new aluminum tuner buttons that are on the Phase IIIs and the smaller buttons will look more like the Phase II tuner buttons. Both will work fine a long as they are made for Gotoh tuners.
    tfancil
    Hey, are you saying that you've actually put these on Phase III tuners, and can confirm the fit?
    From where did you get them? That crazyparts site only seem to sell Schaller speced, not Gotoh.
    I want some pearl bad! =)

EDIT: I jumped the gun, gotta have em next week, so can't wait =)
    I really hope they'll fit!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=370520898266
    Last edited by Richard Lainegard; 09-29-2012 at 09:41 AM.
    -Richard Lainegard-
    RichardLainegard.com

How do these new tuners work exactly?

Does anyone know any tricks/tips for replacing these tuner buttons properly? I have recently purchased a set of Ebony buttons for my CU24 with Phase III's. I got the first button off, but had to pull so hard I am afraid to do the rest without breaking something.

Quote Originally Posted by InvectiveDan View Post
    Does anyone know any tricks/tips for replacing these tuner buttons properly? I have recently purchased a set of Ebony buttons for my CU24 with Phase III's. I got the first button off, but had to pull so hard I am afraid to do the rest without breaking something.
    I got them off with no effort on my P22 but the tuner buttons on my Studio won't come off! I gave up on even trying for fear that I would break something.
    tfancil