Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Let's talk grilling!

I'm big on charcoal grilling. I just ordered myself a new Weber Charcoal Grill with the self-starter through my business. I've also been getting into smoking lately. My buddy just purchased a Traeger, and that thing is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Fox77 View Post
    What's very nice to go with the meat (I'm sure y'all have tried this) is to wrap potatoes (with their skin) in tin foil and just throw them into the coals. Leave them there for some time and then serve with some curd cheese and chives. Awesome.

Now I'm hungry...
    I'm big on cooking potatoes on my grill. The potato bombs by the BBQ boys have been a go to for the past year or so. Can't figure out how to embed so I'll just link it.

http://youtu.be/7aUNmtSgB0c
    Last edited by jcha008; 05-13-2013 at 12:34 PM.

We bought some prime New York strips for m wife's birthday, $12 a pound at Costco, which I grilled over an incredibly high heat charcoal fire. 1" thick steaks cooked in seven minutes total. They were absolutely heavenly, one of the top 3 best things I have eaten all year.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

I'm eating left over brats from Mother's Day today.

Vchizzle... cook potatoes the same way, except add a little onion and parmesagna/reggiano cheese on those bad boys! Served with a nice slow cooked filet and corn on the cob...

Junior Member Chitarrista scarso's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dadoffive View Post
    Vchizzle... cook potatoes the same way, except add a little onion and parmesagna/reggiano cheese on those bad boys! Served with a nice slow cooked filet and corn on the cob...
    Oh oh italian taste here... ok dadoffive, i'm with you. But correct words are Parmigiano Reggiano, it's a cheese from two towns: Parma and Reggio... Peace, love and grill!

Quote Originally Posted by Chitarrista scarso View Post
    Oh oh italian taste here... ok dadoffive, i'm with you. But correct words are Parmigiano Reggiano, it's a cheese from two towns: Parma and Reggio... Peace, love and grill!
    Which part of Italy are you from?

Here in South Africa we call it a braai. it's pretty much part of our culture. normally we do steak, chops, ribs, boerewors (local type of sausage) potjiekos (pot food in Afrikaans kind of a stew, but better) and various other kinds of dead animals on it
    oh and braais are done with wood, not charcoal or gas.
    Current Herd: PRS P22 Eriza Verde / PRS Singlecut Hollowbody II Trampas Green / PRS SE 30 1x12
    Future additions to herd : Pauls Guitar / Angelus Custom / SE Korina One / Archon and 2x12 and if they ever release a SE or S2 Bass

I have a Weber gas grill, but what I do is add wood chips just below the grates. It's kind of having the best of both worlds. You can find flavored chips like maple and apple wood chips. Man, all these posts about food and I'm stuck in my office with a p/b jelly sandwich.
    Frank Bello
    PRS CUSTOM 24
    http://frankbello56.blogspot.com/

I had a Char-Broil grill - until a few weeks ago when I finished cooking, closed the lid, and the grease pan fell out. The bottom was completely rusted out.

Off to shop around quickly because we cook on it a lot. Ended up with a smaller but beastlier Char-Broil - one of the commercial infrared models. It's going to take a bit of adjusting - the heat seems to distribute way more evenly, and it seems to get hotter. I have to -gasp -turn it down!
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Junior Member Chitarrista scarso's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Which part of Italy are you from?
    Sorry, i've seen your answer now... Rossano is my town, is on the sea.
    Really good things here are red wine, some recipe for chili food and surely my PRS!

Quote Originally Posted by Chitarrista scarso View Post
    Sorry, i've seen your answer now... Rossano is my town, is on the sea.
    Really good things here are red wine, some recipe for chili food and surely my PRS!
    It sounds lovely!

I just light an old tire on fire and put my veggie dogs on there... at least then they have a little flavor.

Veggie dogs and burning tires.....hmmm, sounds like Bad Brain food.
    Frank Bello
    PRS CUSTOM 24

I saw a website once devoted to taking pictures of speed cameras in Great Britain. Specifically, speed cameras that have had old tires filled with gasoline, then lit on fire to turn the speed cameras into burned out ruins. It was great.

Anyway, grilled speed camera is not a delicacy.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Quote Originally Posted by frankb56 View Post
    Veggie dogs and burning tires.....hmmm, sounds like Bad Brain food.
    It's a Crucial BBQ!!!!

Oh yeah,
    Frank Bello
    PRS CUSTOM 24