Thread: Ordered a Tremonti treble for my Mira

Ordered a Tremonti treble for my Mira

As it says, scored a Mira about a month ago and love it!! I'm just used to the balls that my Tremonti has so I've decided to put one in the bridge. Called Mike in the parts dept at PRS, great dude!, and as I was ordering it I asked if it was possible to get one of the newer Tremontis with the square bobbins...he said he would see what he could do!! Hope it happens!! Thanks again Mike!! Can't wait, pup should be here friday and my Mira will be a MONSTER!!
    Last edited by Michael B; 07-11-2012 at 05:55 AM.
    2010 Black cherry 10 Top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti Modded by PTC DGT frets
    2010 Mira Vintage Mahogany-Dragon 1 pup in bridge
    2012 Faded Blue Jean Burst 10 Top Tremonti
    2012 PRS Tremonti Custom SE Grey/Black PRS Phase 2 tuners, Mannmade 2000NOS Trem,Refret with DGT frets at PTC, USA nut, PRS USA pots and knobs

The Tremonti treble is a misleading pickup. It has an output reading of over 15k, but it retains it's clarity and cleans up very nicely as well. Most people think it's only good for Rock, but it's a very versatile pickup that is suited for almost anything.

Nice MB! I hope you get yourself a "squab bin"!!!
    - Dane

“He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.”

Couldn't agree with you more Shawn, I think the tremonti treble is outstanding! Well...no square bobbin, but the beast is being installed....tone report soon!!!
    2012 PRS Tremonti Custom SE Grey/Black PRS Phase 2 tuners, Mannmade 2000NOS Trem,Refret with DGT frets at PTC, USA nut, PRS USA pots and knobs

A coworker had a CE project he was working on and he wanted to install a Tremonti treble pickup. He plays mostly clean but sometimes uses a small amount of gain. I thought the Tremonti pickups would be way to hot for his tastes, but boy was I wrong. That pickup sounded so sweet it completely changed the way I thought about it. That was about 7 or 8 years ago and I have been recommending them ever since.

This pickup also sounds incredible when coil tapped!

To the OP: congrats on the guitar and pickup - any chance of a tone report / clip /video?

@ Shawn: is the Tremonti treble the same as the SC250 treble? They have the same output reading afaik...

Cheers

Alex
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Fox77 View Post
    @ Shawn: is the Tremonti treble the same as the SC250 treble? They have the same output reading afaik...

Cheers

Alex
    They have different lead wires, but for all intents and purposes yes

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    They have different lead wires, but for all intents and purposes yes
    Cool, thanks for your reply.
    Alex

The Tremonti treble is a misleading pickup. It has an output reading of over 15k, but it retains it's clarity and cleans up very nicely as well. Most people think it's only good for Rock, but it's a very versatile pickup that is suited for almost anything.
    I just love those pick ups. I don't know how they have so much output and still has so much clarity. They are not harsh either. Well, they are my favorite for sure.

Reminds of an interview I just read about Tremonti. On his new album he didn't use any clean channel, just rolled the volume off for the clean sound.

Pickup sounds amazing in the Mira!! Totally lovin it, and it splits to single coil very nice! Unable to do a sound clip right now sorry. Totally gave the Mira the punch and attack I was looking for! and Jhenri, Marks new cd is incredible! Got it yesterday in the mail!