Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40

Thread: O Rappa - Who are These Brazilian Nuts?

  1. #1
    Senior Member aduayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    701

    O Rappa - Who are These Brazilian Nuts?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oimU...ature=g-user-u

    So guys, first of all I didn't know where I should post this, but I think this is one of the right places.
    As some of you may know, I work as a guitar tech for a band called O Rappa (www.orappa.com.br) and we are going the be at Lollapalooza 2012 in Chicago on the August 3rd and in Miami on the 5th at the Fillmore.
    Xandao, O Rappa's guitar player (http://www.prsguitars.com/artists/pr...ses/index.html) is a PRS hard core fan, so he has amps, guitars, cables, etc in his set up. He looks like a PRS outdoor...LOL. Anyway, we are not taking our amps to US (because of shipping costs) neither guitars. Since Xandao main guitar is a Modern Eagle 1, those with Brazilian rosewood necks, we are not flying with it. So we are getting out of the box 3 "H" heads, a US Tremonti, a SE Catanese and a SCHB for this shows.
    The heads and the SCHB are stock, the Tremonti has a special finish and the Catanese has some passive pick ups, but that's it.
    I will try to shoot a video and post latter here, but those guitars and amp will arrive to me a day before the Lolla concert and since we trust so much in PRS, we will open the boxes, soundcheck and rock! I am sure everything will works fine and we'll have lots of fun.

  2. #2
    Hey Alex, get me an address and I'll ship Xandao my hot rod Singlecut Modern Eagle for the show. It has 59/09's, a 1-piece trem, and brass saddles.

    It's a faded blue-jean monster.

    Last edited by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©; 07-18-2012 at 11:33 PM.
    One Life

  3. #3
    Senior Member aduayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    701
    Wow, you rock, Hans. I will tell him about your offer and I am sure he appreciates it. Thanx

  4. #4
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,424
    Xandao has been a tremendous supporter of PRS products across the board. It's always great to see him touring with his Modern Eagle I, but it will be equally interesting to see him playing a Singlecut Hollowbody and Catanese during the show in Chicago. I hope the O Rappa set is flimed by Lollapalooza folks, I'd love to see some video from the show.

    One day I'd love to see O Rappa playing at the PRS Experience. Now that would be an experience!

  5. #5
    Senior Member Jet Whitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Heading South
    Posts
    287
    I have a few that'll knock his socks off as well....let me know !
    PRS Guitars Endorsee....White and Relic'd Ones !

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Whitey View Post
    I have a few that'll knock his socks off as well....let me know !
    Prove it, "Branco".
    One Life

  7. #7
    Senior Member Jet Whitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Heading South
    Posts
    287










    PRS Guitars Endorsee....White and Relic'd Ones !

  8. #8
    Senior Member aduayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Xandao has been a tremendous supporter of PRS products across the board. It's always great to see him touring with his Modern Eagle I, but it will be equally interesting to see him playing a Singlecut Hollowbody and Catanese during the show in Chicago. I hope the O Rappa set is flimed by Lollapalooza folks, I'd love to see some video from the show.

    One day I'd love to see O Rappa playing at the PRS Experience. Now that would be an experience!
    Man, it would be awesome to see them at the PRS Experience. Thanks to everybody who offered a guitar for Xandao to replace his ME1, but he wants to go with the US Tremonti that is already ready and waiting for us. That will be his main axe for this 2 US concerts and the Catanese will be his spare. The SCHB, Falcao, the singer is going to use.
    I will do my best to take pics and shoot some videos.
    Once more thank you very much

  9. #9
    Senior Member vchizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    2,180
    Thanks for posting, I'm listening to some samples now and love the style! Great, great stuff. Wish I spoke the language but I will likely buy an album anyway, the music as a whole speaks to me even if I don't understand a word of it.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by vchizzle View Post
    Thanks for posting, I'm listening to some samples now and love the style! Great, great stuff. Wish I spoke the language but I will likely buy an album anyway, the music as a whole speaks to me even if I don't understand a word of it.
    I'll tell you when it really gets fun... when you know their songs well enough to TRY and sing along. I need lyric sheets. I am sure about 60% of the sounds coming out of my mouth are complete gibberish.

    If their Bass player ever retires, I'm applying for the gig!!!
    One Life

  11. #11
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,424
    I'm with you Vaughn. I only speak enough Portuguese to order a beer and some feijoada, so I don’t really understand the lyrical content. But I feel the music and vibe are strong enough to carry the songs. Not an easy thing to do in my opinion.

    Plus the entire band and crew are just the nicest guys in the world, so it makes it easy to like them. It's a real treat to see them play live. If you have a chance, I highly recommend it.

  12. #12
    Senior Member aduayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    I'm with you Vaughn. I only speak enough Portuguese to order a beer and some feijoada, so I don’t really understand the lyrical content. But I feel the music and vibe are strong enough to carry the songs. Not an easy thing to do in my opinion.

    Plus the entire band and crew are just the nicest guys in the world, so it makes it easy to like them. It's a real treat to see them play live. If you have a chance, I highly recommend it.
    thank you for your kind words.
    and funny thing is, when I grew up, listening to american music, I felt the same way. couldn't get a word, but the music just got me. anyway, music is universal and as was written in a guitar add: "lyrics, what a waste of time between solos"...LOL

  13. #13
    Senior Member vchizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    2,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    I'll tell you when it really gets fun... when you know their songs well enough to TRY and sing along. I need lyric sheets. I am sure about 60% of the sounds coming out of my mouth are complete gibberish.

    If their Bass player ever retires, I'm applying for the gig!!!
    Lol! I say we get you good & drunk and have you sing along at Exp
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    I'm with you Vaughn. I only speak enough Portuguese to order a beer and some feijoada, so I don’t really understand the lyrical content. But I feel the music and vibe are strong enough to carry the songs. Not an easy thing to do in my opinion.

    Plus the entire band and crew are just the nicest guys in the world, so it makes it easy to like them. It's a real treat to see them play live. If you have a chance, I highly recommend it.
    Will do Shawn.

  14. #14
    Senior Member aduayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    701
    well, guys, O Rappa is not going to be at Experience this year, but I will. I say: let's party on!

  15. #15
    Senior Member vchizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    2,180
    Quote Originally Posted by aduayer View Post
    well, guys, O Rappa is not going to be at Experience this year, but I will. I say: let's party on!
    I didn't mean to imply O Rappa might be there this year, would've been cool if possible...I was more talking more like pumping it thru the PA and giving Hans a mic. Sorry if anyone though I meant O Rappa would be there.

  16. #16
    Senior Member aduayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by vchizzle View Post
    I didn't mean to imply O Rappa might be there this year, would've been cool if possible...I was more talking more like pumping it thru the PA and giving Hans a mic. Sorry if anyone though I meant O Rappa would be there.
    it's a joke Shawn and I do all the time. We think O Rappa at the Exp would be awesome. Xandao have been at Experience once and at the factory a couple fo times, but it would be great to have the whole band jamming. But your idea with Hans is just awesome!I'd love to see him singing in portuguese.
    by the way, this is the Lolla video with O Rappa https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oimUaUdY7E

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by aduayer View Post
    it's a joke Shawn and I do all the time. We think O Rappa at the Exp would be awesome. Xandao have been at Experience once and at the factory a couple fo times, but it would be great to have the whole band jamming. But your idea with Hans is just awesome!I'd love to see him singing in Portuguese.
    by the way, this is the Lolla video with O Rappa https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oimUaUdY7E
    I'm going to need a dreadlock wig, my bass, a blue line SVT head, a bunch of hot Brazilian babes in the front row... and THIS song!

    Meu santo tá cansado
    Não vou dizer que tenho saldo sobrando
    Não tô devendo, mas a vida de homem é assim mesmo
    Uma lona de freio aqui
    Um motor fazendo um barulho ali
    Não vou dizer que não menti

    Meu santo tá cansado
    Que sou todo direito e sei a hora de ser covarde
    Não pude ser tudo o que quis, armei umas e outras
    Tomei e dei volta como o drible sem objetivo
    Que se perde além da linha lateral
    Como drible sem objetivo

    Mesmo sem carteira azul, sempre fui trabalhador
    Às vezes a gente reza a cartilha e sai de brita
    Às vezes a gente corre atrás do finado
    Tem jogo (vai!) que começa acabado
    Já jurei, já jurei
    Com dedos cruzados, com dedos cruzados
    Não tô aqui pra ser herói cuzão
    Pra pagar de otário
    Não tô aqui pra pagar pau pra fardinha azul
    Aqui não tem cabeça baixa, também não tenho pressa
    Não sou bebedor de água benta,
    Se liga nessa, vai, ajoelha e reza
    Meu sangue mais de uma vez subiu
    Como o céu azul, meu céu azul de abril
    Limpo, lavabo, brilha no céu mais bonito do espaço
    Depois das águas de março
    Meu santo tá cansado
    One Life

  18. #18
    "Meu Mundo É O Barro" is also an amazing song! Fun guitar licks too!
    One Life

  19. #19
    Senior Member aduayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    "Meu Mundo É O Barro" is also an amazing song! Fun guitar licks too!
    The distorted guitars on Meu Mundo é o Barro were recorded by me. no joke

  20. #20
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,424
    Here is a live version of that song for you Hans. You better start brushing up on your Portguese!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •