Thread: 3-in1 Oil and Trem

Hybrid View

3-in1 Oil and Trem

Sorry if this has been covered. I tried doing a search and did not find what I was looking for.

I have noticed that in the last 6 months, the strings are going sharp in pitch after using the Trem on my CE22.

Has anyone tried 3-in1 Oil on the Trem Screws. I read in the Support Section of the PRS website that light machine oil could be used.

Thoughts??? Experiences???

Thanks,

I'd think it more likely that the string(s) are sticking in the nut slots, rather than at the bridge. Do you hear a "Ping!" when you're tuning up? That's a string hanging in a nut slot.
    Have you increased the string guage? I use 10's on my PRSs and on two of the 4 guitars I have, I've had to massage the nut slots to keep the strings from sticking there. Shaving the graphite from a common pencil lead, or the use of a product like Nut Sauce will reduce friction at the nut slots.

Thank you...I do have some Big Bend's product so I will give that a try.

I have not changed guage...just noticed it starting to go sharp on me after Trem use. I will also pay attention to the ping sound and see if I am just missing it.

Thanks